Summary: The Database/Web specialist is responsible for entering and maintaining the organization's data, files and records of all donors and prospects; supports all web-based tools including, but not limited to, Salesforce.com, Convio and the Affiliate’s website; and provides high-level word processing and Excel assistance for the organization including, but not limited to, sorts, merges and merge/purge functions for mailings, invitations and other projects. The Database/Web specialist is also responsible for data integrity, finding and resolving duplicate entries, invalid addresses, address changes, proper constituent coding, appeals, actions, and gifts.
Position Title: Database/Web specialist
Position Classification: Non Exempt, part-time (21 hours per week)
Reports to: Affiliate Manager
Donor Data Administration
- Provide accurate and prompt data entry, and be the primary administrator of Salesforce.com donor database, ensuring correct and up-to-date constituent and gift information.
- Provide excellent database management and produce accurate reports, analysis, segmentation, correspondence and collateral information from the system.
- Provide accurate and prompt data entry, and be the primary administrator of Convio event management system, ensuring correct and up-to-date constituent and gift information.
- Responsible for Race for the Cure Friends for the Cure Donation Program data entry.
- Responsible for Race for the Cure reporting and year-to-year comparisons and analysis of registration, Friends Donations, making recommendations where necessary
- Assist with customer service calls regarding Race donations.
- Manage and enhance usability and functionality of online event registration sites to ensure both a positive user experience and compatibility with the Affiliate’s database.
- Work with Affiliate Manager to manage all cash and credit card transaction functions and accurate data entry at Race and other third-party or special events.
- Assist Race for the Cure leadership with expanding and developing the teams program.
- Responsible for building pages on the Affiliate’s website using Convio-based content management system.
- Familiarity with all functions, set-up, editing, reports and capabilities of the Affiliate’s website.
- Work with Komen staff to keep the website fresh, updated and current.
Coordination of Bulk Mailings
- Using Salesforce.com and Convio, create, sort and edit constituent lists for electronic communications and postal mailings.
- Make recommendations on segmentation of mailing lists.
- Ensure that all cash and in-kind donations are registered and acknowledged in accordance with the Affiliate’s internal procedure.
- Create acknowledgement letters using Salesforce donor database.
- Update acknowledgement letters as needed.
Matching Gifts Processing
- Primary office contact responsible for confirming and entering matching gift information into Salesforce and Convio databases.
- Ensure that matching gift information on the Affiliate website is updated and current.
- Follow up with companies and organizations to obtain confirmed matching gifts as necessary.
Maintenance of Information Technology Infrastructure
- Primary office contact with outside consulting firm for troubleshooting and implementation of new hardware, software and server maintenance.
- Generate analytical, statistical and demographic reports, as well as mailing lists, recognition lists, and other data extractions as requested by staff. Design and generate customized reports and establish automated processes as necessary.
- Provide data services support on all programs, including Race, national fundraising events, grants, education, advocacy, and special events.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of strategic data needs for fundraising and mission outreach for the Affiliate.
- Develop and continually update documentation of all data systems and procedures.
- Serve as a customer service representative, providing assistance when and where needed, including backup help for co-workers and volunteers as assigned by the Affiliate Manager.
- Assist Affiliate Manager with timely and accurate deposit of Affiliate donations.
- Assist development staff with follow-up on outstanding contracts and invoices.
- Responsible for daily office activities to facilitate operations including responding to daily inquiries via mail, e-mail and phone.
- Maintain confidentiality of donor information
- Work with Susan G. Komen for the Cure national helpdesk to manage and plan the installation of system fixes, enhancements, upgrades, etc.
- Cross-train other Komen staff to be capable of routine data entry, acknowledgement process and other functions necessary to maintain systems when the Stewardship Administrator is not available.
- Assist in other activities as deemed appropriate by the Affiliate Manager and Executive Director.
Self-Management – Works independently and proactively takes ownership.
Adaptability and Flexibility – Responds well to changing demands and accepts challenging opportunities.
Planning and Organizing – Prioritizes responsibilities to effectively execute strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of related experience.
- Information Technology background, ideally serving as sole IT person in a small non-profit setting with support from an outside vendor.
- Working knowledge of content management systems, specifically Convio a plus.
- Familiarity with constituent relations management and donor tools including Convio and Salesforce.com.
- Website design and production skills are helpful in the maintenance of our updated website.
- Familiarity with social media a plus.
- Ability to train others in basic functions of existing data systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with superb Excel skills.
- Comfortable with strict deadlines.
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills suitable to a busy, collaborative workplace.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Fluency in speaking and writing English.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.