Konami Digital Entertainment

Konami Digital Entertainment Employer Reviews

Video game company
Senior Manager of Online Platform (Former Employee), El Segundo, CADecember 11, 2013
Konami has a lot of great workers however the video game industry can get very demanding.
Not what it seems
QA Senior Tester - Mobile and Social Gaming (Former Employee), El Segundo, CANovember 22, 2013
Pros: great people to work with, solid team structure.
Cons: poorly management, low pay, low morale
Konami is very much a Japanese company, and as such it's steeped very much in Japanese business practices and mindset which can often lead to overly tense work environment. Favoritism often runs rampant and with no intensive to improve performance will leave many staff members often doing the bare minimum required of them.
Good company
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAAugust 29, 2013
Planned, budgeted and scheduled modifications. Obtained estimates on equipment, labor, materials and related costs. Maintained all OSHA compliance standards to ensure a safe working environment. Analyzed and rewrote procedures/training manuals to improve efficiency. Researched and negotiated vendor contracts resulting in 40% cost reductions.
Great people, – more... nice office near good lunch places. – less
productive, fun, entertaining
Judge Volunteer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasJuly 28, 2013
The work environment was fast-paced, good management, and hard working co-workers. I learned how to build teams, good communication and organization skills, and how to cooperate and manage other people, and how to train employees. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult or self-centered people. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting – more... to be a leader and helping other people. – less
Unqualified Management
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJuly 27, 2013
Cons: no job ladder, temporary employment, terrible management, underpaid
My typical day was clocking in on time, checking out equipment in the morning, and performing given tasks: Play through the game, Regressing and Tracking Bugs, make sure the subtitles are correct and reporting bugs into a database. I initially learned how to report bugs, and much later FTC (Functionality Test Cases).

Several of the individuals in management – more... (Seniors & Leads) were absolutely unqualified to work in their position. You can typically catch them on their personal Facebook sites or chatting with friends at and during work. Several seniors during meetings will remind testers that their jobs are temporary and that we can be let go for any reason.

The hardest part of the job is the dealing with superiors. They create spreadsheets based on projects that they don't know enough about and they never update these spreadsheets. If you have to interact with the supervisor about problems occurring for a different shift they ignore the problem and blame your shift. You and co-workers in the office are treated like they are in grad-school by superiors. If anything from your project leaks your team is the first to be blamed. Within a month you really learn everything that you need to know and afterwards it's repeating those tasks. The worst problem is that being a hard worker is not an incentive for promotion; they would rather keep the hard working testers without promotion. Those that do get promoted are not as hard working and spend time throughout the day chatting with their superiors.

The Co-workers that you work with there are the most enjoyable part of the job as they are great, insightful, and are typically helpful knowing more so than the supervisors appointed over them. They help each other get through the day. – less
Great facility, but management can be a hassle
QA Tester (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAApril 25, 2013
My experience of Konami was good, and I very much enjoyed working there. Pay was great, facility is in a nice location and is extremely secure.
Get your foot in the door
Anonymous (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2012
Pros: autonomy
Cons: no clearly defined metrics, weak strategy, ethnocentric (only the japanese are the presidents)
Start here and move on. Disorganized and negative, but lots of autonomy if you're in the right group.
It was your basic Quality Assurance temp job.
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJune 29, 2012
Pros: people i worked with.
Cons: getting put on call at a moments notice.
Days were spent testing game titles for errors, entering errors into a database and then checking if these error exist on a new build. The job is tedious but that is no fault of Konami. Mt favorite part of working there is the people around me, and the strange conversations that come up.
Awesome Video Game Publisher with Many AAA Titles to Work With!!
Quality Assurance Video Game Tester (Former Employee), El, SegundoFebruary 10, 2012
Pros: work on games before they launch, name in credits, fun work environment, paid to play games for 8 hours a day, overtime
Cons: short breaks, bad health plan, tons of overtime= little time for life
I will start off by saying that I had a great time working here. As it was my first job in the gaming industry I didn't know what to expect or how it would go. I was pleased to find out that is was fun and over all very easy to do. I learned a lot about the whole process and more about the industry from this job. I know that even through most QA jobs – more... are temporary positions, there is still room for advancement in this field. It is very possible to get hired into the publisher and become a permanent employee. – less
Zo gezellig als we het zelf maken
Freelance Evenementen Organisator (Current Employee), Regio HaaglandenAugust 21, 2013
Pros: eigen baas
Cons: dure locaties
Ik organiseer de evenementen zelf al dan niet met steun van het bedrijf om de jongeren een leuke dag te geven.