Prepare, maintain and analyze a variety of financial records, reports and information necessary to successfully operate and manage the business. Ensure sound financial management and reporting is maintained following all accounting principles and government regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains accounts payable function including ensuring proper coding and matching; processing debit memos, disbursements, and wire transfers; follows through on accounts payable questions and bank discrepancies, preparing accounts payable entries, 1099s and W-9s, prepares and distribute accounts payable related reports, and completes vendor credit references.
- Sales and Use Tax resource by keeping abreast of changes, provides direction to Purchasing and other associates, takes a lead role in audits, and prepares reports.
- Assist with period end and year end close including journal entries, accruals, reconciliations, financial statement research and analysis, and prepare period end reports.
- Involvement in interim and year end audits including preparing and analyzing schedules, contributing to internal control evaluation, and fulfilling auditors’ requests.
- Participating in the annual operating budget process including gathering, recording, and analyzing data.
- Support R&D tracking and recording for areas such as R&D Credits and Product Development.
- Maintain records retention process by staying abreast of changes in governing bodies’ regulations, coordinating storage and destruction of company documents, and a resource to other associates.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Working with multiple departments and/or individuals who operate independently in order to get a complete understanding of process or situation.
- Prioritizing multiple projects/tasks which may all have high priorities and timelines.
- Understanding and recognizing certain system limitations and working to provide required information within such environment.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: n/a
- Assistant Controller, Accounting Clerk/Assistant, Accountant I, Lead Cost Accountant, and CFO.
- Serve as a resource to all associates regarding activities listed under Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- Sister companies
Minimum Technical Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong analytical and technical financial skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum amount of information/direction, and gather information and knowledge to build a case.
- Has an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, standards, codes, and concepts.
- Strong Excel skills, preferably at an advanced level (pivot tables, what if statements, etc.)
- Working knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications.
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
- Educational emphasis in General Accounting.
- Previous bookkeeping experience.
- Experience with MAS200 software.
Required Behavioral Competencies:
- High Standards – establishes and models standards that guarantee exceptional quality and necessary attention to detail. Continually seeks to improve processes and products. Finds and shares best practices, and improves upon them. Does not tolerate mediocrity.
- Results Orientation – motivated by achievement, and persists until tasks are completed, acting with a sense of urgency. Manages time wisely and effectively prioritizes multiple competing tasks.
- Adaptability - ambitious with a flexible and positive attitude toward changing priorities and deadlines with an ability to adapt to and manage change on short notice.
- Active Communication - ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and associates, both verbally and in writing. Takes responsibility for ensuring that people have the current and accurate information needed for success.
- Initiative – proactive and takes action without being prompted within areas of responsibility.
- Integrity – think and act ethically and honestly. Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making – identifies root causes and solves problems, develops innovative solutions, acts decisively, and shows good judgment.
- Relationship Building - builds and develops effective working relationships.
- Composure – maintains emotional control, even under ambiguous or stressful circumstances, while continuing to perform steadily and effectively.
- Self-Objectivity – knows personal strengths and limitations and works toward improving weaknesses. Aware of impact of own behavior on others. Solicits and uses feedback for self-improvement.
- Follows Kondex Values & Beliefs
SAFETY and HOUSKEEPING:
- Adhere to Kondex safety and housekeeping standards and procedures.
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY
Kondex’s mission is “Helping to Feed and Fuel the World.” We are a leading manufacturer of engineered components for the agricultural, biofuel, construction, forestry and turf care markets. We specialize in metallurgy, surface coatings, heat treating, machining, welding and assembly. We are ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified. Kondex was founded in 1974 and is privately owned. Annual sales have grown substantially. Our excellent growth has been fueled by motivated associates producing quality products, and our relentless passion for exceeding the needs of our customers. Kondex has a state-of-the-art 210,000 square foot facility that is climate controlled and utilizes enhanced process flows. We have a union-free workforce of approximately 280 associates. Kondex is a smoke-free environment. Dress is business casual. We strive to utilize individual talents to create a high performance workplace; to maintain strong, collaborative relationships with targeted educational institutions; and to support our community. We seek candidates who will complement our team oriented culture and want to enjoy coming to work!
For more information on Kondex Corporation, including our values and beliefs,
go to www.kondex.com.