KONE Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 28, 2017
Learned about TSA system to ID all new workers at Miami Airport, making sure all documents were received and presented and approved in a timely manner by TSA.
Controlled of workers at job site, all administrative performance at the office.
Management was excellent,
Pros
working at Miami Airport was an excellent experience
Cons
having to leave
KONE is a good company
Sales Consultant/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 13, 2017
KONE is a great company. My frustrations lied with the local branch and the inefficiencies of that branch. It's a small branch which has it's own struggles. We needed more support.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
large territory, work-life balance problems, stressful, competitive
fun place
Full-time Mail Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILNovember 9, 2017
was a fun and great place to work. all the employees were great and friendly to me. was a very relaxed enviorment with not a lot of stress during the day.
Innovative Company - Good place to work
Senior Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VANovember 7, 2017
KONE Inc is a very good place to work. It allows for upward movement, and is a very innovative company. Local management was very team oriented and provided a great atmosphere.
Great Work
Elevator constructor (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 6, 2017
Amazing work and pay. the only downside for me is the politics and the way by which the guys eliminate the new people. Punctuality is crucial. I felt that by the union nature of the job a brotherhood for the local was my impression.
Pros
Seeing the equipment and assembling a working Elevator!
Cons
knit-picking nepotism and political office nonsense, does the thing work?
Great place to work,
Warehouse Manager/Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WANovember 3, 2017
I would come in and make sure all installations were ready to go and any deliveries were put into stock and into the computer, communicate with techs and explain safety proceedures with them.
Pros
No micro managing
Cons
No cons
Not a good place to work
Sr. Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 3, 2017
Management likes to mirco manage their employees. And they treat new employees as outsiders and as though they are Incompetent of doing their job. Always critizing everything you do.
Good opportunities in dynamic environment. Role would dictate factors of culture, hours etc.
Manager Regional Project Management Office (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 19, 2017
Good opportunities in dynamic environment with a large global organization. Role would dictate factors of culture, hours etc. along with location where you are working.
Think twice
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MISeptember 12, 2017
Over the past few years the management has changed and so did the culture. It is more cutthroat and management is very really difficult to work with.
Fast Paced
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 10, 2017
Fast paced environment, long hours sitting and on the phone, great pay, advancement if you are willing to relocate, strict environment, not much fexibility
Top notch company that cares for it's employees.
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXAugust 28, 2017
The work day is very fast paced and constantly changing. Everyone works as a team to get the job done. The safety culture of the workforce continues to grow and needs guidance. The hardest part of the job is answering to all the different levels of management. The most enjoyable part is the teamwork and professional relationships that can be formed with a diverse work force.
Pros
Hard working employees and competitive
Cons
Management Hiearchy is kind of confusing.
Productive and satisfying trade
Elevator Construction Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJuly 31, 2017
Loved the industry, learning the technical side to the trade, coworkers and my employer. Believed I had found my home and last career. It is, however, a physically demanding job. At 55 years of age I unfortunately injured my lower back helping to move a four story hydraulic elevator piston out of an elevator shaft. Nothing permanent thankfully. After physical rehab, both I and employer believed it was in my best interests to pursue a different career. Nothing but good things to say about my time at Kone.

Most enjoyable for me was learning the technical electronics aspects and troubleshooting components of the trade, working with my head as well as my hands and being able to see a job well completed with a happy client resulting.

If any young person wishes to learn a good paying with benefits trade they should consider applying an the Elevator Construction Union, offices based in Pasadena, Ca. when they are hiring.
Pros
Great starting pay and benefits
Cons
Very physically demanding at times, heavy objects and power tools.
Nice office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 26, 2017
Worked there for a short period of time, nice building, no micromanaging. Did not provide a proper training schedule or tools to learn the job or succeed,
Pros
Great pay, good enviornment to work in
Cons
All male coworkers, uncommunicated expectations
Great Company to work for
HR (Current Employee) –  LondonJuly 24, 2017
Learning a lot at KONE - there are loads of courses you can do online. Done a couple of face to face training courses as well.

Management are good, most of the managers i get to talk to are pretty easy to get along with and do a good job.

Culture is quite good, quite laid back as long as you are on the ball.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay, good people
Industry leader with exceptional people
Sales Executive - Existing Service Business (Former Employee) –  VariousJuly 18, 2017
KONE can be a great place to work and establish a career. Your attitude will play a huge role in how you find success in an ever changing economy and ranging market conditions. Very much a work hard, play hard company with exceptional people with solid tenure and experience to help guide you through your career.
Pros
The people, work/life balance.
Cons
Resource management.
Good Company, Needs more women leaders
Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 27, 2017
Overall a great place to work. Really enjoy the people with whom I work. However, the career advancement opportunities for women stop at grade 3. 95% male leadership at district level, only 1 woman senior leader on North American leadership team. Very difficult to advance in career after a senior manager position for women. Could use some diversity at the top. Too much of an echo chamber. Market driven salaries and compensation. Benefits comparable to other companies same size. Good people wearing blinders. Excellent company for women to sharpen their skills, but will have to move one once you reach a certain level if you wish to continue to advance.
Meh
New Equipment Sales (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 14, 2017
KONE is a company that struggles to find itself. Many changes in leadership, regular reorganizations and realignments, internal and external upheaval. KONE has some innovative products but struggles to bring them to market here in the US. The Finnish leadership seems capable but can't seem to find the right combination to make it click here in the states.
Pros
Innovative products
Cons
Company upheaval the norm
Exceptional
Construction Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2017
I worked for the IUEC Kone was one of my employees with them I always updated inserts for my constructions manuals and locale support if I ran into a problem I hadn't seen before. Hats off to Kone.
Internship at a parts facility
Internship (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 13, 2017
I worked there as an internship for my dad. They needed someone to make 3D models of all the parts in the facility. Some of the parts had schematics, some did not. Even the one that did weren't consistent in using metric or customary, sometimes both on the same drawing. I was mostly left to my work after being shown around the facility.
Challenging
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILMay 17, 2017
A very structured environment, do not have room for growth or advancement. Always room to learn, management is not consistent and frequently changing without notice. Hardest part of a job is to be a member of a team that is lacking the qualities of a team. I enjoy the job when I feel accomplishment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KONE. Our community is ready to answer.