KONE Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
HR (Current Employee) –  LondonJuly 24, 2017
Learning a lot at KONE - there are loads of courses you can do online. Done a couple of face to face training courses as well.

Management are good, most of the managers i get to talk to are pretty easy to get along with and do a good job.

Culture is quite good, quite laid back as long as you are on the ball.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay, good people
Industry leader with exceptional people
Sales Executive - Existing Service Business (Former Employee) –  VariousJuly 18, 2017
KONE can be a great place to work and establish a career. Your attitude will play a huge role in how you find success in an ever changing economy and ranging market conditions. Very much a work hard, play hard company with exceptional people with solid tenure and experience to help guide you through your career.
Pros
The people, work/life balance.
Cons
Resource management.
Good Company, Needs more women leaders
Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 27, 2017
Overall a great place to work. Really enjoy the people with whom I work. However, the career advancement opportunities for women stop at grade 3. 95% male leadership at district level, only 1 woman senior leader on North American leadership team. Very difficult to advance in career after a senior manager position for women. Could use some diversity at the top. Too much of an echo chamber. Market driven salaries and compensation. Benefits comparable to other companies same size. Good people wearing blinders. Excellent company for women to sharpen their skills, but will have to move one once you reach a certain level if you wish to continue to advance.
Meh
New Equipment Sales (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 14, 2017
KONE is a company that struggles to find itself. Many changes in leadership, regular reorganizations and realignments, internal and external upheaval. KONE has some innovative products but struggles to bring them to market here in the US. The Finnish leadership seems capable but can't seem to find the right combination to make it click here in the states.
Pros
Innovative products
Cons
Company upheaval the norm
Exceptional
Construction Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2017
I worked for the IUEC Kone was one of my employees with them I always updated inserts for my constructions manuals and locale support if I ran into a problem I hadn't seen before. Hats off to Kone.
Internship at a parts facility
Internship (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 13, 2017
I worked there as an internship for my dad. They needed someone to make 3D models of all the parts in the facility. Some of the parts had schematics, some did not. Even the one that did weren't consistent in using metric or customary, sometimes both on the same drawing. I was mostly left to my work after being shown around the facility.
Challenging
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILMay 17, 2017
A very structured environment, do not have room for growth or advancement. Always room to learn, management is not consistent and frequently changing without notice. Hardest part of a job is to be a member of a team that is lacking the qualities of a team. I enjoy the job when I feel accomplishment.
review summary
Apprentice Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
Rather upbeat and interesting place to gain skills and confidence within an elevator company. Management seemed to take a very close and serious hands on approach to working not only with the clients within new construction, but with the staff of new construction department as well. I believe this so because of their willingness to promote from within.
Pros
OJT was second to none
Cons
Upper mgt. was not always straightforward with techs
Not a successful assignment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 13, 2017
My method of working and their philosophy of how to approach and complete the assigned work was substantially incompatible. Working with manager was quite difficult. Relentless emphasis on quantity of work produced.
Pros
Physical work environment pleasant, training provided was very good
Cons
Culture left a lot to be desired
excellent coworkers
Lead Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJApril 27, 2017
loved working here. Exciting environment, very busy and challenging too. Learned a lot about elevator installations and services. Leaned a new system and also learned to dispatch and solve problems.
Pros
na
Fun workplace
SR. ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTApril 1, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at KONE. It felt like being part of a family....but at the same time very professional. Customer service a high priority and integrity as well.
Employee investment
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CTMarch 28, 2017
NO training, no investment into employees. You are on your own to learn your job and succeed. Management treats employees as a replaceable entity, no one is valued at all.

Fellow coworkers were great.
Pros
Great coworkers ( not management)
Cons
treated as a number not as a human.
Global Elevator Service Company
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2017
Great Vertical Transportation Company that has the customer as its top priority. This company has great training and a great team atmosphere. KONE's reputation is what fosters its growth.
Kone
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 26, 2017
As a Kone employee, every day is a positive one. The workplace culture and management are two of my favorite aspects. I always have assistance when needed, which is very enjoyable to me. I never feel out of place and am constantly on my A game while performing difficult tasks with ease. I have learned how to have patience and improved on my calm demeanor.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 17, 2017
Learned alot about the elevator business and people was very nice. Convenience of working hours and small office. Not a micro management company, understanding management, establishment located throughout the world.
Good people sorry I was down-sized
Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 16, 2017
Good organization that has a good stable customer base. Employs a lot of people in the QCA and around the world. Still family owned which I found refreshing.
Pros
Good benefits, lots of parties, honor system for hours when I was there
Cons
cliquey
Kone coal valley escalator division
Lead production welder (Current Employee) –  Coal Valley, ILMarch 13, 2017
Very close knit group of guys on the shop, upper management seems to shift hands every two years but overall a very enjoyable workplace alot of room for advancement and very willing to build up and train the employees that they have rather than outsourcing. Alot of employees with 20+ years but for me it was a great place to start and quite possibly retire from myself
Pros
Seem to be trying to keep the "newer experienced" employees, and offering a early out for some of the guys that have been there 25+++ years
Cons
You never know when the next lay off is
A large Drafting Department of over 50 people working together
Engineering Systems (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 13, 2017
I stated off as a contract programmer assigned to debug the existing programs and find out what was causing the existing programs to crash. The problem was caused by a C++ programmer redefining the symbol PI as 180 instead of leaving it as 3.14159... They later sent me to Italy for three months to help write Elevators programs that would write in installation information in 15 different languages.
Fun and very Productive
Call center agent (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 2, 2017
I love the work area, the staff and management was great and patience to show you hands on work!

The most hardest part about the job was figuring out the different screens but after a week or so it became very easy and fluent.

I loved working with others, we all helped each other in any situation we need assistance in
Great work culture
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILFebruary 18, 2017
Great company to work for. The pay is mediocre for the amount of work and accuracy needed. hardest part of the job is handling the high volume workload.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KONE. Our community is ready to answer.