KONE Employee Reviews

Great people to work with and a great industry to work in
Quality, Safety and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Western AustApril 3, 2012
My typical day would depend on my fellow workers day as problems/incidents/challenges were only a phone call away.
Management was always approachable with an open door policy and one never felt intimidated.
My most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction and communication i had across all levels of the company nationally and overseas and also to see plans implemented and being successfull.
The least enjoyable part of my role was accident investigations especially those incidents that involved members of the public.
Besides a vast array of technical knowledge , the thing i learned was how to people manage in fact it seemed quite natural. When people pull together you can move mountains
Pros
freedom to implement change
Cons
always on call 24/7
Great culture to be a part of
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILSeptember 17, 2015
KONE has been a wonderful team to be a part of. While it's a large company, the leadership is great to work with - very accessible and generally open to ideas. If you are someone who is willing to take on new challenges, you are most certainly able to do so and have your ideas heard and see your impact to the business. It's a generally conservative organization and may be slow to change, but it makes changes for the right reasons and always keep people in mind. One of the downsides is that it runs very lean. That allows you the opportunity to get involved in many things, but can be challenging. If you are someone who wants title changes to move up the ladder, this is probably not a good fit, but in terms of opportunities, there are always opportunities to take on new responsibilities and learn.
Terrible place
SOA Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 1, 2013
The management team has too many goals and objectives. Basically the theory of too many chiefs and not enough Indians. The company is loosing money in the North American market and I just don't see how they will allow it to function as it is. The company is riddled with analysis paralysis. They analyze data and do nothing to fix it. The company is good at installing the elevators and escalators but they know nothing about manufacturing.

If I could give Kone a negative rating, I would. I am happy to get out of that place on my own terms.
Pros
good pay
Cons
leadership is terrible.

Comment – April 4, 2013

Hello, Would it would be possible for you to contact me.. I am actually in the process of scheduling an interview sounds like for your old position.. I would love to get more insight from you.

Great place to work, fun and relaxed environment
Administrative Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 20, 2015
Administrative Sales Support

• Care for Life Specialist, duties including review survey data, data entry, report creation and timely distribution to sales staff for presentation to clients within the US and Canada

• Pseudo webmaster for eOptimum program including creating and maintaining employee and customer login id’s and passwords for the US

• Member of the international committee created to review/revise Care for Life Program including revision of the forms and processes for the program

• Acted as a liaison to the Care for Life team in India during program transition including assisting with initial and continued training as well data creation and distribution
Pros
Great management, great co-workers
Cons
Job duties moved to another country
Fast paced environment with constant change.
Associate Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 23, 2014
Grew Professionally. Learned a lot about managing people and claims. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the culture within the department and the unequal treatment of the workers. It wasn't how well the job the was done, but which clique you were in. This hostile work environment caused several very talented people to find other positions outside the organization.

The most enjoyable part were the job building exercises. This enabled the workers to have a fun day and build their understanding of themselves and each other.

They offer great benefits.
Worst company
credit & collections anaylst (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 4, 2013
KONE thinks there employees are disposal, overlooked and expect to take on more work loads. The managers are bullies and will run you out if your not liked. Your judged by spreadsheets and don't see the fine lines. The place is a revolving door with bad attitudes. Wrong people have way to much power.

Also not recognized for how hard you work either. Managers talk behind your back and label you for the worst.
Pros
pay, benefits, 401k
Cons
no bonus, or room for advancement, dead end job.
work unsteady and tedious, but a good atmosphere
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Coal Valley, ILOctober 30, 2012
Not an early start or terrible hours. Basic knowledge of the metric system is required and not too physical of work task. Union shop with no real opportunity of advancement. Running track for excalators when you have knowledge of wiring systems and have experience in the electrical field is an oversight on the part of supervisory position. Good atmosphere but lacking in true leadership on production floor. Bonuses for performance short of motivational.
Pros
quarterly bonuses
Cons
market for products is slow, management in international forum is poor
Door Systems is a horrendous company to work for.
Office (Former Employee) –  Door Systems Itasca, ILFebruary 3, 2012
The management at Door Systems is dreadful and has caused the company to go downhill steadily for some time. Constant layoffs. I was praised constantly by multiple superiors but still laid off and the person replacing me had zero background in the position. Kone has not paid close enough attention to this sub-company and how things are run there.
Pros
decent salary and benefits
Cons
extremely poor management, lack of work/business, employee relations
Management is Horrible
Crane Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NeOctober 16, 2014
Well typically the day would start out going to the office and being handed a couple jobs to go to and if you were lucky you'd get your 8hrs for the day or have to just take the loss and without enough work guess what the boss does he hires on another person. I was lucky to get 20hrs a week at times. The good part was the customers were really enjoyable and the co-workers were very helpful.
Sound and solid company
Sales/Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2012
Long days requiring constant multi-tasking. Sometimes challenging to work with all the different personnel and get them to maintain a higher level acheivement of which they were capable. It was enjoyable to see a project come to a profitable completion and equally as disappointing when we could not reach our goal.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
managment support
Worse Place I Have Ever Worked!!
Employee (Former Employee) –  KnoxvilleMay 9, 2013
This company is the worse company I have ever worked for. Management is terrible. Problems abound with no one to manage the issues. OHV-Division Management could be by far the most back stabbing, useless, unproductive bunch I have seen. Would not suggest anyone working here. Pay is below industry standards and workload is borderline unlawful.
Pros
nothing
Cons
low pay, terrible management, workload borderlines lawful standards.
Job satisfaction depended on current management
Electrical Tester (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 30, 2011
This started out being a fun place to work. The only down side initially was the pay was below industry standards. Once management changed due to company moving operations to Mexico, employer/employee relations went down quickly. Pay rate remained well below industry standards.
Pros
pre-2001-2 management
Cons
post 2001-2 management, entire operation moved to mexico, low pay
Customer Service at it's best
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILOctober 31, 2014
We spend all day on the phone dealing with customer calls for broken down elevators and escalators. We also call customers with eta's and make sure calls are dispatched to the proper techs. We speak to people from all over the United States and Canada
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short break times and sometimes higher stress level
Productive and fun workplace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Coal Valley, ILNovember 6, 2012
Fast paced and alots of attention to detail. Learned alot of new and interesting things. Management and co-workers were very good people. The only problem i had was being laid off two months before my probation period was up and it just so happened to be right before the holiday months.
electro mechanical work on jungle gym
Crane Inspection and Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Oregon and Southern WashingtonSeptember 13, 2013
afraid of heights? demanding environmental and safety hazards. Benefits were ok, but long hours and some travel. Lots of paper work! Selling is involved. I liked the outdoor locations, Oregon is beautiful.
Pros
senic travel
Cons
work at height
very productive but also very rushed constanly and always a chance to learn something new.
Warehouse manager/delivery driver/parts person (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 24, 2013
I am currently in search of a delivery driver position. I am DOT certified and have a clean driving record.
Pros
very busy, challenging work
Cons
no given lunch periods, rushed constantly
A cutting edge company with cutting edge ideas and procedures!
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 7, 2012
I enjoyed my time at Kone greatly. There were consistent opportunities to learn and expand. The mechanics and management were great to work with and the environment allowed new ideas for growth and change.
Pros
benefits, schedule, learning opportunities
Cons
glass ceiling.
With the appropriate training this can be a great place to work.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 29, 2012
I love the company...but they have poor training ethics. Had I have been given the time and energy to train more indepth, I probably wouldn't be looking for employment elsewhere.
Cons
poor training
great co workers full of helpful knowledge
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 20, 2014
get work order from shop and complete work provided I learned a lot about troubleshooting and repairing issues also got to experience a lot of different industries was an eye opening yet great experience
Productive work place with friendly employees
Elevator Mechanic Helper (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 13, 2015
The job was a great learning experience, good pay, room for advancement. The co workers are very willing to offer information when ask questions on job related topics.