KONE

KONE Employer Reviews

Worse Place I Have Ever Worked!!
Employee (Former Employee), KnoxvilleMay 9, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: low pay, terrible management, workload borderlines lawful standards.
This company is the worse company I have ever worked for. Management is terrible. Problems abound with no one to manage the issues. OHV-Division Management could be by far the most back stabbing, useless, unproductive bunch I have seen. Would not suggest anyone working here. Pay is below industry standards and workload is borderline unlawful.
Terrible place
SOA Quality Manager (Former Employee), Allen, TXApril 1, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: leadership is terrible.
The management team has too many goals and objectives. Basically the theory of too many chiefs and not enough Indians. The company is loosing money in the North American market and I just don't see how they will allow it to function as it is. The company is riddled with analysis paralysis. They analyze data and do nothing to fix it. The company is good – more... at installing the elevators and escalators but they know nothing about manufacturing.

If I could give Kone a negative rating, I would. I am happy to get out of that place on my own terms. – less

April 4, 2013

Hello, Would it would be possible for you to contact me.. I am actually in the process of scheduling an interview sounds like for your old position.. I would love to get more insight from you.

Account Manager - Accounts Receivable (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: cafe
Cons: n/a
Hard working employees, cafe was nice, gym was nice. Lots of room for growth opportunity
Productive and great place to work!
Pros: cafe, tv's and computers in lunch rooms
Cons: n/a
Very structured and energetic environment to work in. Great people. Hard workers, and a great company for job stability and growth.
Productive and fun workplace
Assembler (Former Employee), Coal Valley, ILNovember 6, 2012
Fast paced and alots of attention to detail. Learned alot of new and interesting things. Management and co-workers were very good people. The only problem i had was being laid off two months before my probation period was up and it just so happened to be right before the holiday months.
work unsteady and tedious, but a good atmosphere
Assembler (Former Employee), Coal Valley, ILOctober 30, 2012
Pros: quarterly bonuses
Cons: market for products is slow, management in international forum is poor
Not an early start or terrible hours. Basic knowledge of the metric system is required and not too physical of work task. Union shop with no real opportunity of advancement. Running track for excalators when you have knowledge of wiring systems and have experience in the electrical field is an oversight on the part of supervisory position. Good atmosphere – more... but lacking in true leadership on production floor. Bonuses for performance short of motivational. – less
Small Office
Employee (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: good industry
Cons: management
Small offices share more responsibilities among the employees but are graded and compared to those that are in large offices with the support.
With the appropriate training this can be a great place to work.
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 29, 2012
Cons: poor training
I love the company...but they have poor training ethics. Had I have been given the time and energy to train more indepth, I probably wouldn't be looking for employment elsewhere.
A cutting edge company with cutting edge ideas and procedures!
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 7, 2012
Pros: benefits, schedule, learning opportunities
Cons: glass ceiling.
I enjoyed my time at Kone greatly. There were consistent opportunities to learn and expand. The mechanics and management were great to work with and the environment allowed new ideas for growth and change.
Productive and Professional
Material Manager / Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Milwaukie, ORJune 21, 2012
Pros: family atmosphere
Installation, Construction and Maintenance of Elevators & Escalators
World Class Company
management treatment of office and field personal is poor
Elevator mechanic (Former Employee), rocky hill,ctJune 4, 2012
I wouldn't recommend working at this company to my worst enemy.
Great people to work with and a great industry to work in
Quality, Safety and Training Manager (Former Employee), Western AustApril 3, 2012
Pros: freedom to implement change
Cons: always on call 24/7
My typical day would depend on my fellow workers day as problems/incidents/challenges were only a phone call away.
Management was always approachable with an open door policy and one never felt intimidated.
My most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction and communication i had across all levels of the company nationally and overseas and also to – more... see plans implemented and being successfull.
The least enjoyable part of my role was accident investigations especially those incidents that involved members of the public.
Besides a vast array of technical knowledge , the thing i learned was how to people manage in fact it seemed quite natural. When people pull together you can move mountains – less
Sound and solid company
Sales/Service Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: managment support
Long days requiring constant multi-tasking. Sometimes challenging to work with all the different personnel and get them to maintain a higher level acheivement of which they were capable. It was enjoyable to see a project come to a profitable completion and equally as disappointing when we could not reach our goal.
Door Systems is a horrendous company to work for.
Office (Former Employee), Door Systems Itasca, ILFebruary 3, 2012
Pros: decent salary and benefits
Cons: extremely poor management, lack of work/business, employee relations
The management at Door Systems is dreadful and has caused the company to go downhill steadily for some time. Constant layoffs. I was praised constantly by multiple superiors but still laid off and the person replacing me had zero background in the position. Kone has not paid close enough attention to this sub-company and how things are run there.
Productive work place.
Elevator Mechanic (Former Employee), Rocky Hill, Ct,December 23, 2011
Pros: learning new things everyday.
Cons: travel.
Very good company to work for, field personal helpful to each other. Do your job in the time frame and your boss wasn't on you all the time.
Job satisfaction depended on current management
Electrical Tester (Former Employee), McKinney, TXAugust 30, 2011
Pros: pre-2001-2 management
Cons: post 2001-2 management, entire operation moved to mexico, low pay
This started out being a fun place to work. The only down side initially was the pay was below industry standards. Once management changed due to company moving operations to Mexico, employer/employee relations went down quickly. Pay rate remained well below industry standards.
working as a tema
National Credit control Team leader (Current Employee), Durban, ZNOctober 13, 2014
Pros: the challenge
Kone Elevator is a multi national company, we install and maintaon elevators and escators. we have to busness areas which is the new business and maintenance business, i am the national credit controlelr teamleader. I manage both business area and have 6 people working directly under me, i manage a book value of 81mil in total. i manange the the over – more... due receivables on a daily basis and conduct weekly meetings with my team to reduce the 120+days receivables. i also manage the customer disputes and escalator them to the regional directors. this is a very chanlleging position and enjoy the pressurizing enviroment that i work in. i report on a weekly basis to the regional directors informing them of the status of they receivables. Kone aim is the emloyee satisfactiona nd aim to develope the young staff members.

Kone is always dedicated team – less
productive and fun working enviroment
technical field trainer (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPJuly 9, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: nonee
ive learned how to work with clients and people of different attitudes.
management
Manager Installation (Current Employee), Noida, UPJune 28, 2014
Everyday when we work ,new things comes across us and every activity which we implement will become a management if it is successful enjoyable part of job is success as nothing succeeds like sucesss.
Excellent place of various race ,having special skill.
Senior Field Support Engineer (Former Employee), JEDDAH,MAKKAH,SAUDI ARABIAJune 17, 2014
Checking site status and installation work exist ,arrangement of manpower and tools for Preliminary Motor start afterwards commissioning through proper planning depend upon the site situation like electrical power temporary elevator ,material.
My workers are excellent diploma holders once messages observed then implemented well, no difficulties while – more... work with us even if we do not know about mechanical we try our own skill to solve is so interesting of us. – less

About KONE

KONE began its elevator business on the ground floor and is working its way up. The US subsidiary of Finland's KONE sells, manufactures, – Read more