Konecranes Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
LEAD INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 26, 2017
This is a great company with great benefits. Upward mobility is available. Compensation is good. Most of the people are great. I would be happy to return to this company.
Fun place to work in some areas
Millwright/Crane Technician (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJuly 9, 2017
The crane service industry is a dog eat dog world, if you don't mind backstabbing and two face people this is the job for you, tell you its ok to come forward against management but then get a target on your back after doing so on a legitimate complaint. Could be a great place to work under the right management.
Pros
Company vehicle, Good benifets
Cons
No room for advancement
terrible place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  East Berlin, CTJune 26, 2017
long hours, below standard pay, unqualified management, managers were so bad the branch I worked for lost 9 people in 6 months and district management did nothing about it. as a tech, I was on call for 2 weeks at a time without compensation. I had been on rate pay jobs and was never told it was rate pay. Safety program is in place so they can blame you if something goes wrong. Recently a tech with 16 years of service was fired by the branch manager for a minor safety violation that the branch manager had recently violated, very hypocritical. It was always about the money with them, over a 5 year period I witnessed some very unethical behavior by salesman and managers. Consistently sent to a job without the proper parts, tools, and equipment to do the job, and when the job didn't make money it was always the techs fault. GPS in the vehicle, always monitored, and recording your driving behavior. When it comes to a raise, forget about it, they will make a list of any little thing that you do all year long to use against you when it is raise time. if you get one it will be below par. Constant harassment from supervisors DAILY. THIS WAS MY EXPERIENCE WORKING FOR THEM IN THE NORTHEAST OVER 5 YEARS. It may be better in other parts of the country, but after reading a lot of these reviews, I doubt it. STAY AWAY FROM THE NORTHEAST.
Pros
company vehicle
Not For The Family Man
Inspector Technician (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJune 5, 2017
Run go look somewhere else..
How they are still in business is beyond me
Expanse reporting everything I do or buy
Not happy here at all the office managers have no experience with cranes at all under bid customers don't order enough or the right material for the jobs

Benefits are the only good thing
Enjoyable working enviroment
Administrative Assistant/Mainman Administrator (Current Employee) –  Orange, TXMay 24, 2017
One of the best companies to work for. Management is fair and just, co-workers are very close and enjoyable to work with. Everybody jokes around, but does their assigned work.
Good Experience prior to Merger
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2017
Konecranes WAS a good place to work. It BECAME an AWFUL place to work. Prior Management was great. Current Management is by far the absolute WORST that I have ever experienced as a PM with any company. Salary is not competitive. Job Security previously was good. Currently it has decreased.

None of the current Project Managers, except for possibly one, are happy in their positions under current management, as many of us have verbally discussed.
Require you to lie to customers and sell parts they do not need
Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 8, 2017
Constantly pushing you to scam customers and skip annual inspections that should take 6 hours in only one not actually inspecting anything. Then sell the customer parts he dose not need and make up problems that don't exist then tell them its a legal requirement.
Pros
paid to do nothing
Cons
Being a con man.
industrial setting no fun involved
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chester Springs, PAMay 3, 2017
closing out work orders from day prior. learn about industrial cranes and businesses, not much leadership from management except focus on safety. job site visits very informative
Pros
job site visits
Cons
management lacking in leadership
get job done super fast at any cost
Service Technician and Inspector (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 28, 2017
no time to finish jobs because crane down means customer production at a halt, get job done at any cost, regardless of safety and security should be konecranes motto
Pros
Cons
everything
Hard work and still not satisfied
Crane Engineer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 5, 2017
I learned that to advance at this company, you have to be willing to have no life. The work was exhausting and definitely not worth the pay or time. Rush rush all the time.The only enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers definitely not the untrained management.
Pros
ummmm no
Cons
too many to list
great team mentalitl
Service Sales (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAMarch 23, 2017
Konecranes is a great place to work, it is the worlds largest overhead crane company.
The expectations are very high, the support from upper management leaves something to be desired.

I
Good Company
SITE PROJECT MANAGER - ENGINEERED TO ORDER CRANES (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIMarch 23, 2017
Good company to work for. They value employee feedback and contribution. Good to feel appreciated and rewarded for your hard work. I enjoy working with the people, they all have good attitudes.
A difficult decision
FL - Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2017
leaving Konecranes will be difficult. I haven't even looked at moving jobs for the past 8 years but advancement opportunities are very limited due to corporate restructuring that began last year.
Pros
People, Places, and Projects I was able to be involved with
Cons
Limited upward mobility
Company Vehicle
Overhead crane technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 15, 2017
Always changing
learn all kinds of trades
Good management VERY hard to find
Could be very dirty
Looking at the office manger
Looking at the panic on office manager face, if he had to go and talk to a customer about the customers crane
Pros
Company vehicle
Dedication is rewarded
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  MidwestMarch 3, 2017
I've been a field tech for 10 years. I can tell you that my experience here has been great. I have reached a very comfortable place in my occupation. That said, it took a lot of hard work and dedication to get here. I'm trusted by my management and basically left alone to do my job. If you work hard and do quality work, the sky is the limit. Advancement opportunities are there. The benefits are great. The company at times is uncoordinated. If you have the wrong people in management or sales your job experience will not be good. I know of one branch manager who single handedly caused a handful of people to quit before he left his position. He was a jerk that caused many problems, but that is an employee issue not a company issue. Once he left, all was good again. Those results are not typical and can happen to you wherever you work.
Pros
Company truck, phone, excellent benefits
Cons
At times its uncoordinated. Some branches are worse than others. Not supplied tools.
Hard work, no advancement opportunity
Tech/Inspector (Current Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 2, 2017
I have been with the company for years, and I have tried many times, unsuccessfully, to move up. If you are looking for a company that offers plenty of opportunities, this is not it.
Pros
Great insurance and benefits
Cons
Extremely difficult to get career advancement
I loved working there
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIFebruary 28, 2017
pick parts,fill orders,learned to use different equipment,how to pro,perly pack product,freindly people to work for. there wasn't any job I did not like. just coming to work every day .IT was like a scavenger hunt for product!
Pros
overtime, clean lunch room, nice people
Cons
none that i can think of
Konecranes Service
New Business Development (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2017
Konecranes is a great company to work for. They have a good benefit structure and a huge network of resources for anything you may need to know within your job or for promotional opportunities.
Konecrances
Industrial Painter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2017
I worked for this company for 7 years and I learned a lot when I was working there. The benefits were super and work hours were adequate. I really liked working for that company.
Pros
Employees received bonus
Cons
Good old boys network.
not a good place to work
Field service technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 3, 2017
Do yourself a favor and stay away. They will lie to you to get you to accept the job. When you come back from orientation you quickly discover that the job is nothing like what you were told it would be. The management will bend over backwards to get new people and not do anything for senior guys. The district manager's philosophy is " throw **** at it and see what sticks". The management does not care about the techs personal well being and will push you to do things that are not fully safe.
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Konecranes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8