KONECRANES

KONECRANES Employee Reviews

Hard hours but good if you want money
Crane Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Hours= overtime
Cons: hours+overtime= little private life
Be prepared to work. Great hours if you want overtime and holiday pay. Although make sure you stand your ground for safety and staying within the realms of your skills and abilities.
Extensive technical sales skills and providing extrodinary customer service.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, OHJuly 6, 2015
Research product solutions, provide quotes to service branches and direct clients. Daily sales follow up calls. Answer calls and provide extraordinary customer service.
Keep looking!
Administrator (Former Employee), DetroitJune 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: PTO, work life balance and everything else.
At face value they seem like a great company that values their employees. Once they have you they will try to control your entire life. No work life balance, and all upper management is concerned about are the numbers. Some managers at the district level will stop at nothing to make sure they hit their numbers so they don't look bad. Even if that makes others look bad. Turn over rate is high and employees are just a number.
Relaxed atmosphere
Branch Administrator (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: relaxed
Cons: no benefits
Relaxed atmosphere but broken promises on job security and benefits. The salary is decent but hard to support a family on it. I have learned a lot and they are not afraid of training.
Competitive work enviroment
Crane Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Work truck, plenty of overtime.
At Konecranes I was able to apply all the electrical theory and skills I learned in the Navy. I would not only inspect cranes on a daily biases, I would troubleshoot and repair cranes when the customers needed us. Some days I would work on three different cranes in a single work day driving all around the greater San Diego area.

Over the years at Koncranes I have been apart of several special projects. Helping the company to achieve the respect from customers like Exon-Mobile while helping rebuild their 50-ton Coker crane. This job required over a month on site in Torrance, LA, and required the help from many other union trades such as welders and mechanics.

I built a strong reputation in the company as a hard worker with a competent frame of mind able to handle and complete any task on the job. I have recently done contract work for Konecranes due to my experience in the past and my good standing reputation. This work helped me make money while in school in between semesters.
More than an industrial electrician was needed
industrial electrician (Former Employee), salt lake city, utahMarch 27, 2015
Pros: competitive wages and good benefits
Cons: every thing else including things I would never had imagined a company would do to its employees.
I answered to an ad from Kone Cranes looking for an industrial electrician and from the outside looking in believed to have found a great company to work for. I wished I had known more before joining:

Reality is different. You need to be an electrician mostly to answer some emergency calls and that is less than 5% of your time. All together electrical is less than 10% of your time. The other 90% is either mechanical and/or purely unskilled physical labor in nasty environmental conditions. Overhead cranes are used by mines, sewage plants and other places like that. Cranes usually hang near the ceiling and heat rises, so even in winter it gets very hot up there. That means get a lot of water and a head light permanently to see the work. You often need to climb a lot of stairs or ladders. But you only realize all that as time goes on. After you started working there, it becomes harder to interview for and get another job since you are working away and need to be available for them all the time.

But even before realizing the previous conditions I soon concluded that the company policies did not create loyalty but resentment in me. I could spend a long time describing them, but I will describe the use of credit cards because that is enough to drive the point:

You do not get a company credit card to use for company related expenses from this huge multinational. Therefore, You very often need to use your own credit card. Then, you need to spend at least 20 minutes (always unpaid time I might add due to their unbelievable policy described later on) filling an expense report – more... that was sent to corporate for processing. It usually took 3 or 4 week for you to get a check back. Then you had to spend even more unpaid time to deposit or cash your check. I am not sure if these were my local branch policies or nationwide but I understand that not even my local manager had a company credit card. And paid time was usually tied up to job at the customer site or travel time. So I did not get paid for much company related time spent at our shop. It seemed that every policy was geared against the employee. Do I need say more? Join this company at your own risk. – less
Good Company
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Norcross, GAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: training provided
Cons: not a very friendly place for women to advance because of the business.
The Administrator job is very busy. You have to wear multiple hats everyday. The crane industry is male dominated. Women in this company are relegated to more female dominated positions.
good people
Crane Technician/ Millwright (Former Employee), Colonial Heights, VAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: good insurance
Cons: management
good company to work at and can learn a lot at this company , no room for advancement unless you like to move all over every couple of years, best crane technician training program bar none.
good job security, tough to deal with the politics
Service supervisor (Current Employee), fort wayne inFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: benefits, job security
Cons: upper management
the company is all in all a good company to work for, they offer good benefits a work truck and company phone, the down fall is the upper management they micro manage and will stop at nothing to take any blame off of them and push it on the technician and lower level supervisors. my advice if you are looking into this company is stay away from the great lakes district. other districts are much better ran
Overhead electric cranes
Technician (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: networking
Cons: very hard labor occasionally
Typical day consists of receive work orders and proceed to job site and begin work after consulting with client. I learned excellent troubleshooting skills on electrical equipment. Management is very helpful with issues and job site knowledgeable supervisors to help you over the phone if needed. 80 percent of the time you work by yourself, you don't really see your fellow co workers. The hardest part of the day would be installing weight lifting equipment by yourself (very heavy). The most enjoyable part of the job for me would be communicating with the client.
unorganized
Service Technician (Current Employee), MidwestOctober 15, 2014
At times I love my job, at times I hate it. In the crane industry, you the good with the bad.
Stressful with high turnover rate...
Konecranes Inspector and Service Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: service truck, gas card, cell phone "leash"
Cons: konecranes
Got a Home life?! Well kiss it Goodbye! If you're a half decent technician you will be subjected to repetitive long work hours that are physically draining. You will most likely be called out after work, even when you're not on-call. All GPS Monitored service trucks are micromanaged daily. If you decided to go work for another crane service company there is a high probability you will be sued due to the Konecranes "No Compete Clause" that you sign before hire.
If you do decided to work for this company even after reading this review MAKE SURE that you get anything promised IN WRITING or you will regret it I promise!
Konecranes has the Highest turnover rate of any crane company in the Houston, and Beaumont area. In fact it's so high that employees that have been terminated and not considered eligible for rehire have been successfully rehired with little to no problem.

On the Bright side they have an excellent training program that no other crane service company can match... if you can get into the classes!
They have excellent Benefits that they will remind you no other crane service company offers. not true!
Stay away from the Beaumont branch unless you're related to the management.
---------------------
Service Technician (Current Employee), Spokane, WASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: not enough hours to live on
its a crane company in Spokane Washington they are all over the place
Top notch producer of overhead lifting products
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, OHSeptember 2, 2014
I enjoyed my tenure with Konecranes. The company manufactured quality products as evident by their success in the world market. My co-workers worked hard to ensure quality and contributed to the success of the company. My position was eliminated by the company.
Productive and Fun work place
Project Manager (Current Employee), Springfield, OhioAugust 26, 2014
Pros: overall atmosphere is positive.
Cons: they do not give raises on time.
Konecranes has an excellent "team work" environment. Co-workers are friendly and helpful.
Fourthin 500 company
Crane Inspector (Former Employee), Crown Point, INAugust 14, 2014
Pros: company truck, paid traning.
Cons: long hours. weekend work.
When I started the company was a great place to work. The company gave training & the employees where there best assets. As the company grew, management changed. It wasn't about the employees or customers anymore. It was about being the worlds largest crane company. It was about growing & making investors money. It got to the point no one wanted to come to work anymore.
Save yourself time, apply elsewhere!!
Ex-employee (Former Employee), Houston ,Tx Greenway PlazaJuly 24, 2014
Cons: full frc uniform(long sleeve, no jeans) lowest pay in the industry
The Houston based Inspection and Service mngmt. are the most unproffesional group in this industry. You have to wear full FRC clothing at all times, full flash gear when troubleshooting electrical circuits mask,double gloves extra frc coat on top of your frc not to mention a double lanyard harness that weighs 20 lbs. To many maniac safety procedures that will drive you and the customers crazy! DONT DO IT! APPLY ELSEWHERE!!
Not great, but not bad
Shipping (Former Employee), SpringfieldJune 23, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: lack of communication between departments
Typical corporate environment, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Lack of communication between departments. Coworkers are friendly and the training is done well. Pay & benefits are decent.
Time to move on.
Service Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 29, 2014
Pros: you stay on the move
Cons: no room to grow.
Largest crane company in the world.Learned to be a team player. Has not much room for growth.Hardest part of job will be the hours.
Dont do it!
Crain Tech (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 27, 2014
Pros: nothing but pay, if your lucky.
Cons: no life balance. not very secure.
Very demanding job with little to no training to do your job safely, acuratly or proffesionaly. Only care about quick turn around at bottom dollar, both at yours and the customers detrimant.

If your single it might be ok if all you want to do is work with no life. Have a family, kiss them good night late and don't expect to see them.

Might just have been the branch I was apart of, but it was also feast or famine. 80 hours one week, 10 the next. No good planning at all.

Good compensatipn, but that's it.

1 2 3

About KONECRANES

Konecranes wants to give customers a positively uplifting experience. The Finnish company is a global manufacturer of cranes, – Read more

KONECRANES Salaries