Kongsberg Automotive Employee Reviews

tool and die
Toolmaker Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Pickens, SCApril 25, 2017
Setup, adjust, and verify programming for CNC machining equipment
Recognize and report errors in programming and operations and collaborate with supervisory personnel to correct errors and recommend tooling applications.
Diagnose operating difficulties and make appropriate adjustments to realign the machine, change tooling, adjust offsets, recalibrate limits and repair minor tooling malfunctions.
Very fast paced job
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Van Wert, OHApril 1, 2017
Very fast paced environment. Good benefits set schedule. They offered paid holidays and overtime as well. This was a good place to work the nights flew by and I was always surrounded by good hard working coworkers
Great opportunity
Inspector/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCMarch 14, 2017
Job was easy to catch on to, great training department and positive team members great place for advancement rules and requirements made clear from start
Prides itself on its ethics.
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willis, TXFebruary 1, 2017
My typical day required excellent coordination and priority scheduling skills. I learned more about these skills than at any other job I have had. Management for the most part was good - some weak spots in the organization. Workplace culture gets good marks. Hardest part of job was getting management to communicate timely. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and greeting visitors to the facility and taking care of their needs.
off balance and inquiry
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCJanuary 3, 2017
Expecting to do something new everyday when I went to work and it was. Love the fact that I was shown from a co worker how to start off a typical part and how I can pick my speed up and get my numbers up to get them out in time for the truck to leave. Being happy knowing you did good everyday you came in an how fast you are wanting to go today and get things out of the way was a great feeling. I would say the hardest part of my job was when the machines start to tear up or I need a specific question on something I don't like how some workers like to pick fights because they don't to help and would want you to figure things out for yourself and blame you at the end of the day why things didn't go accordingly right. Your at work to work not to make friends at the end of the day I'm going home to myself
Pros
friendly bosses
Cons
need more help, and less fussing
Typical American company bought out by a foriegn entity
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Willis, TXDecember 28, 2016
Kongsberg Automotive was formerly Capro Inc. and was an exceptional place to work. But as many other small to moderate US corporations it was bought out by a foreign entity and the culture of the organization changed.
hard, difficult labor on the hands
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNDecember 21, 2016
This job was difficult to do and very hard on the hands depending on what department you were in. I learned how to properly inspect car seats and work in a fast pace environment.
Pros
three shifts
Cons
bad on the hands
Maintenance
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Suffield, CTDecember 20, 2016
Good job used all my skills to do various maintenance procedures.
Replace and repair machines, paint, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, troubleshoot. etc..
Great environment with amazing co-workers
Customer tooling accountant (Current Employee) –  Pharr, TXDecember 12, 2016
Excellent staff to work with.
Everyone is patient and comprehensive. Always willing to help. One of the best companies I've ever worked with.
Tough work rough on hands
Formed hose (Former Employee) –  Grand River, OHDecember 7, 2016
If you can get out of the forming department you might want to stay. Job openings happen all the time because of the high turnover rate. Management is good an they do what they can for their employees. Supervisors are exceptional.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Tough on hands
Senior management sucks
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 22, 2016
Senior management is going to be the death of this company . They are evil, vindictive, and use the company as their own stepping grounds.
Pros
You do not have to work here
Cons
Norway does not care that these monkeys are running around.
Fun and knowledgable workplace
Engineering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 7, 2016
I was able to learn a lot about the automotive industry during my time with Kongsberg. A different style of engineering from previous jobs I had held, but still exciting and essential for being a Detroit area native. My co-workers were fun loving people that were easy to talk to. I feel that the management needs to be better involved with their counterparts and their teams. A lot of managers would not understand if or why something either couldn't be done or took quite a bit of time to complete because they wouldn't communicate with their team members.
Productive work place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAOctober 5, 2016
I got to do my work and interact with others while I was there. The work was very easy just basically repeating the same thing over and over but Im good with routine
Pros
30 min lunch break
Cons
Hot working condition
Very productive, practical, professional service.
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Willis, TXSeptember 17, 2016
Very productive, practical, professional, easy access, complete, service.
Information required is easy to obtain and easy to apply to the job interested on.
Maintenance is my purpose.
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNAugust 22, 2016
Maintained 22 production lines, kept open communication with line supervisors and production workers.
I enjoyed learning something new each day.
I have gave and received respect from management and co-workers.
Their is nothing hard about my job,because I enjoy working hard it give me purpose and self satisfaction.
A great stepping stone
Associate Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 13, 2016
I have been with this company just shy of two years now, I enjoy the work, I enjoy working on internal and external sales sides. Contact with the customers and internal meetings about programs along with the everyday sales work of cost break downs and so on. The management is not the best, there were several issues with my immediate account manager and those were all ignored, I have attempted to work with him for over a year now and cannot do so. The work environment is not friendly or welcoming at all. I feel this was a good learning opportunity for me to work with a manager I could not get along with, work on new tasks and remain working on remaining tasks. It has been a great experience overall to learn from this time there but it is time to move forward.
Pros
Expense report, cell phone and vacation time
Cons
No breaks, poor work environment
Very enjoyable work enviroment
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCJanuary 22, 2016
Very friendly environment workforce and management very positive and supportive. Pay and benefits above average for the area.
Productive Easy Job To Maintain
Material Handler / Line Work (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GaJanuary 11, 2016
Handling Different Parts To Machines All Day Was Like A Walk In The Park. Co-Workers Were Pretty Fair, Most Of Them. I Don't Recall Anything Being Hard At This Job The Pay Just Wasn't Up To Par.
Pros
Good Breaks
Cons
Pay, And Management
Cable/wire company in Swainsboro, Ga. Large company with locations across the world.
Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GADecember 2, 2015
Great work environment. Committed to customer satisfaction and on time delivery. Staff very easy to communicate and work with.
Production
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GANovember 9, 2015
Working with other people thats all about work & willing to get the job done in a timely matter to be shipped out to our customers. We keep them satisfied they keep us happy sending us more work orders & etc means more money & over time.
Pros
Lunch with Boss, Employee day, Employee Birthdays, Family & Employee day
Cons
It was so so could have been better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kongsberg Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.