Kongsberg Automotive

Kongsberg Automotive Employer Reviews

The job was really not for me.
Inspector (Former Employee), Hagerstown, VAApril 25, 2014
Pros: having a job.
Cons: no job security.
Having a job and not liking it was a challenge, but I was an excellent worker no matter work.
Production/assembly
Assembler (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: hours, pay
A typical day at Kongsberg Was great we knew what was to be done we had all the materials we needed and Management and pay was great.
Excessive mandatory overtime (60+ hours) weekly. Mid-grade management, low base pay ($8.50 hr).
Forklift Operator/Warehousing (Former Employee), Milan, TNFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: lots of hours available. 10-12 hrs 6 days a week.
Cons: not a friendly environment, management is lacking.
Not the worst job out there, but by far not the best either. If you are single, the money and hours are good. Forklift work, easy as can be. Line work gets hectic, and is very fast paced.
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee), Milan, TNDecember 8, 2013
Pros: fast paced
Cons: no advancement
The management had alot of problems. The CO workers were friendly and fun. It was fast paced.
Fun place. Always busy work.
Production Planner (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDNovember 25, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: the company moved away and i was laid off.
After morning meeting right to work on parts and scheduling. Making sure things would run as smooth as possible throughout the week.
I learned how to plan a weeks work for the assembly line.
The managers were helpful and nice.
Worked with a small group very well.
Hardest part of the job was when the system would go down.
The best part of the job that – more... side of the automotive industry. – less
No advancement opportunites
Cell Leader (Leadhand) (Former Employee), Production/AssemblyNovember 5, 2013
Assembling hoses for Automotive purposes, supervising 3 other employees.
Internal Auditing, Quality Control, Pneumatic testing and operation of a series 150/350 crimper.
Co-workers ranged from easy to work with to downright debilitating to company procedures/guidlines.
Constant changes to company policies and or rules.
I just enjoyed assembly
productive fun work place
Team Leader (Current Employee), Benton, LASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: pros wasnt that long of a drive from home
Cons: didnt realy pay that much
a typical day at work was productive making parts checking parts and having a lil fun in the process i learned how to run all sorts of machines and i became a teamleader wasnt really a hard part the most enjoyable part was working with the people and meeting new people
Innovation was key
Key Account Sales Manager (Former Employee), sarasota, flAugust 14, 2013
Pros: always exciting, never a dull moment.
During my time with Kongsberg Automotive, I branched out of my sales role and did everything I could to understand all areas of the company. From planning, creating and displaying expositions at international venues to assisting in facilities audits, I wanted to act like a sponge to sop up all the experiences I could. Most of my days consisted of traveling – more... to customers for visits which included analyzing any current issues they were having while offering our diverse product line to new and current platforms. With the assistance of my coworkers I learned about all realms of vehicle platforms by using each others strengths to constantly challenge the group. With the support and direction of my management team, I know as long as I tried my hardest, failure was never an option. During my tenure at KA, I found my sales voice and for that I am forever grateful. – less
Prodictive
Assembler/Machine Operator, Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Easley, SCJuly 25, 2013
Pros: 30 minute breaks, easy workers, nice supervisiors
Cons: 10 minute breaks, difficult people to work with, downtime
A typical day would be come in have everyday meeting in front of cork board. Then go to center get everything set up make sure we have a accepted first piece. After approved we begin running in our cell with saftey and quailty first. The management was very good if we had questions about parts or anything releating to workflow we got answers. Most co-workers – more... were easy and realiable to work with. I would have to say the hardest part of the job was not the work only if there was issues with the parts or machines that made us have downtime. And if you have down time your not making parts to hit production. My most enjoyable part of my job was i loved what i did i knew so much and just something that i would like to continue doing. – less
productive company breaks every hour
Packer/Inspector (Current Employee), Grand River, OHMay 19, 2013
I come into work go to my station check parts pack them up go on break come back in. management is ok some people need more social skills. there's not really a hard part about my job its easy going.
Wonderful Work Environment
Purchaser / Material Expediter (Current Employee), Benton, LAMay 10, 2013
Pros: family oriented company and very flexible
Cons: too cold in the office.
I love coming to work and the communication between my co-workers and I are like family. I love a challenge and it is such a pleasure coming to this place to work.
great fun place to work
formed hose (Former Employee), Grand River, OHApril 16, 2013
a typical day at work was smooth going, i learned how to place rubber hoses into a copper mold, management was fair and the hardest part of the job was waking up early. the mostenjoyable part of the day was working.
Document control clerk/QC
Document Control, Quality Clerk, Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Willis, TXDecember 21, 2012
Pros: the hours were great and so were the customers.
Cons: sorry there were no conns until they changed comp. and laid everyone off.
On a typical day I would check on the lines, call customers and put in data into the MDsystem. Management that I worked with was great. The hardest part of my job was, come to think of it nothing seemed hard I enjoyed the hard work and the challenge that everyday had brought. And the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Hard on your feet
Production Helper (Former Employee), Milan, TNDecember 13, 2012
Worked on a factory line with women helping with a machine. Next night, worked on different line with different people.
Different challenge every day
Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Grand River, OHOctober 31, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: compensation
This job has allowed me to improve on skills, learn new ones, and even develop programs and tasks. Work is a challenge that keeps me on my toes providing stimulation and excietment. Overall management is good and easy to get along with.
Working there was great people i work with was postive
Packer (Former Employee), Pickens, SCSeptember 2, 2012
Pros: everyone might pitch in on lunch for the team
Cons: had just about everything you needed in a first aide kit
I didnt see anything that was wrong with the jon such as hard work, but i have learn how to enter data bases into the system and how to look parts numbers up, the co-workers has such a great attitude there. on staurdays working overtime was able to one radio station and everyone agree and just having a great productive day
Kongsberg Automotive
Assembly worker (Former Employee), Benton, LAJuly 16, 2012
I liked the job because I, along with my former co-workers, built power parts for lawn equipment. What I didn't was the pay. I was only getting paid $7.25 an hour. I also didn't like the negativity coming from one of my supervisors.
Company was good to work for under the Norland Plastics umbrella. a
Front End Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Haysville, KSMay 6, 2012
Pros: able to advanced in company, holidays/ giveaway turkeys
Cons: poor management after being bought out.
Norland Plastics was a good place to work. I started as a machine operator and worked there for almost 14 years before closing its doors.Through the years I was able to advance to different positions throughout the company. Starting out as a machine operator and ending as a front end floor lead. Each advancement took on more responsibilities. After – more... Norland was bought out by Kongsberg Automotive and new management took over the atmosphere of the work place change. Due to poor management. Even though things changed I still enjoyed working with the people that I had worked with for 14 years. I learned a lot in the area of manufacturing and what is expected of an employee. I worked 10 years on 3rd shift and 4yrs on days. Hardest part of job was writing up people and keeping it non personnel. I truly enjoyed the people I worked with and learning different things especially Quality Control. – less
Was bought from Teleflex
Machine Operator /Production Laborer (Former Employee), Van Wert, OHApril 11, 2012
Pros: teleflex was a good company to work for
Cons: kongsberg wasn't around long enough to know
I worked for Teleflex for 16 years when they sold the business to Kongsberg Automotive. Soon after purchasing the company there was a lock out and soon after is when the economy took a dive and the company laid everyone off and moved the to Michigan.
Adequate
European Buyer (Former Employee), Burton On TrentAugust 20, 2014
The company offered advancement when possible and even changing departments and career paths, managament on a whole was good, The hardest part of the job was the repetativness of the production work but this is evident in most job roles, the most enjoyable part of this job was the new abilities and skills learned.

About Kongsberg Automotive

Kongsberg Automotive develops, manufactures and markets systems for gearshift, clutch actuation, seat comfort, stabilising rods, – Read more