Kongsberg Automotive

Kongsberg Automotive Employer Reviews

productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Suffield, CTMarch 18, 2015
Pros: owner at first
Cons: very hot work place
make bullets for the extruders. People did not help one another. They were for themselves only. Management was great till company was taking over. At that time things were hard, cutting back, head hunters this puts unnecessary pressure in the work place.
not a good place to work
shipping and recieving (Former Employee), Suffield, CTFebruary 27, 2015
I worked there through a temp agency. I worked there for about 5 months before I was offered a job. before they offered me this job they decided to direct hire someone else. this place will take advantage of you. I would not suggest working there. the "department leads" don't know how to do their jobs half the time, and have no problem passing blame to others. just an overall bad place to work.
Good work force
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee), Milan, TNJanuary 27, 2015
I have learned all my computer skills from working at Kongsberg Auto.
Efficient and organized
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Willis, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: friendly place, good people
Cons: none to speak of
My internship at Kongsberg was a great learning experience. My coworkers and boss were friendly people who were willing to help when you needed it.
Finance Director over Business Segement - 16 manuf plant
Finance Director - Driver Control Systems (Current Employee), Willis, TXJune 2, 2014
responsible for all accounting function and strategic planning for 16 automotive part manufacturing plants
The job was really not for me.
Inspector (Former Employee), Hagerstown, VAApril 25, 2014
Pros: having a job.
Cons: no job security.
Having a job and not liking it was a challenge, but I was an excellent worker no matter work.
Production/assembly
Assembler (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: hours, pay
A typical day at Kongsberg Was great we knew what was to be done we had all the materials we needed and Management and pay was great.
Excessive mandatory overtime (60+ hours) weekly. Mid-grade management, low base pay ($8.50 hr).
Forklift Operator/Warehousing (Former Employee), Milan, TNFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: lots of hours available. 10-12 hrs 6 days a week.
Cons: not a friendly environment, management is lacking.
Not the worst job out there, but by far not the best either. If you are single, the money and hours are good. Forklift work, easy as can be. Line work gets hectic, and is very fast paced.
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee), Milan, TNDecember 8, 2013
Pros: fast paced
Cons: no advancement
The management had alot of problems. The CO workers were friendly and fun. It was fast paced.
Fun place. Always busy work.
Production Planner (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDNovember 25, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: the company moved away and i was laid off.
After morning meeting right to work on parts and scheduling. Making sure things would run as smooth as possible throughout the week.
I learned how to plan a weeks work for the assembly line.
The managers were helpful and nice.
Worked with a small group very well.
Hardest part of the job was when the system would go down.
The best part of the job that side of the automotive industry.
No advancement opportunites
Cell Leader (Leadhand) (Former Employee), Production/AssemblyNovember 5, 2013
Assembling hoses for Automotive purposes, supervising 3 other employees.
Internal Auditing, Quality Control, Pneumatic testing and operation of a series 150/350 crimper.
Co-workers ranged from easy to work with to downright debilitating to company procedures/guidlines.
Constant changes to company policies and or rules.
I just enjoyed assembly
productive fun work place
Team Leader (Current Employee), Benton, LASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: pros wasnt that long of a drive from home
Cons: didnt realy pay that much
a typical day at work was productive making parts checking parts and having a lil fun in the process i learned how to run all sorts of machines and i became a teamleader wasnt really a hard part the most enjoyable part was working with the people and meeting new people
Innovation was key
Key Account Sales Manager (Former Employee), sarasota, flAugust 14, 2013
Pros: always exciting, never a dull moment.
During my time with Kongsberg Automotive, I branched out of my sales role and did everything I could to understand all areas of the company. From planning, creating and displaying expositions at international venues to assisting in facilities audits, I wanted to act like a sponge to sop up all the experiences I could. Most of my days consisted of traveling to customers for visits which included analyzing any current issues they were having while offering our diverse product line to new and current platforms. With the assistance of my coworkers I learned about all realms of vehicle platforms by using each others strengths to constantly challenge the group. With the support and direction of my management team, I know as long as I tried my hardest, failure was never an option. During my tenure at KA, I found my sales voice and for that I am forever grateful.
Prodictive
Assembler/Machine Operator, Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Easley, SCJuly 25, 2013
Pros: 30 minute breaks, easy workers, nice supervisiors
Cons: 10 minute breaks, difficult people to work with, downtime
A typical day would be come in have everyday meeting in front of cork board. Then go to center get everything set up make sure we have a accepted first piece. After approved we begin running in our cell with saftey and quailty first. The management was very good if we had questions about parts or anything releating to workflow we got answers. Most co-workers were easy and realiable to work with. I would have to say the hardest part of the job was not the work only if there was issues with the parts or machines that made us have downtime. And if you have down time your not making parts to hit production. My most enjoyable part of my job was i loved what i did i knew so much and just something that i would like to continue doing.
productive company breaks every hour
Packer/Inspector (Current Employee), Grand River, OHMay 19, 2013
I come into work go to my station check parts pack them up go on break come back in. management is ok some people need more social skills. there's not really a hard part about my job its easy going.
Wonderful Work Environment
Purchaser / Material Expediter (Current Employee), Benton, LAMay 10, 2013
Pros: family oriented company and very flexible
Cons: too cold in the office.
I love coming to work and the communication between my co-workers and I are like family. I love a challenge and it is such a pleasure coming to this place to work.
great fun place to work
formed hose (Former Employee), Grand River, OHApril 16, 2013
a typical day at work was smooth going, i learned how to place rubber hoses into a copper mold, management was fair and the hardest part of the job was waking up early. the mostenjoyable part of the day was working.
Document control clerk/QC
Document Control, Quality Clerk, Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Willis, TXDecember 21, 2012
Pros: the hours were great and so were the customers.
Cons: sorry there were no conns until they changed comp. and laid everyone off.
On a typical day I would check on the lines, call customers and put in data into the MDsystem. Management that I worked with was great. The hardest part of my job was, come to think of it nothing seemed hard I enjoyed the hard work and the challenge that everyday had brought. And the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Hard on your feet
Production Helper (Former Employee), Milan, TNDecember 13, 2012
Worked on a factory line with women helping with a machine. Next night, worked on different line with different people.
Different challenge every day
Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Grand River, OHOctober 31, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: compensation
This job has allowed me to improve on skills, learn new ones, and even develop programs and tasks. Work is a challenge that keeps me on my toes providing stimulation and excietment. Overall management is good and easy to get along with.

About Kongsberg Automotive

Kongsberg Automotive develops, manufactures and markets systems for gearshift, clutch actuation, seat comfort, stabilising rods, – Read more