Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Poor Management but good co-workers
Office System Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 21, 2016
The Management was hostile to feedback and numbers only driven. Management goes on company trips while telling you that you have to work better, but because your work is good, they look good. Greenville SC office had good people in the field and sales but middle and upper management style is outdated. Need to listen to feedback from the field. Good Clients, good compensation. Lots of online training required. Little to no pay raises for field techs. Lacking on life balance went it comes to vacation or family issues. But overall 3 stars maybe 4 on a good day. Good luck.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Management, Little to no information or paperwork for installs
Konica Minolta Review
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2016
At Konica Minolta I learned how to be a true sales professional. I learned how to run my own business, how to create excellent proposals, how to create lease documents, and how to be a closer.

The hardest part was in the early stages of the job. I had no background in the industry and their was no training program. So I had to train myself. So I had some hard times finding my way but eventually it becomes a lot easier.

The co-workers are extremely helpful and have been amazing in teaching me the industry.

The management doesn't seem to have a clear vision at times what their plan is for the future. They are great people but sometimes very unorganized.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you work hard finding a client and then closing a deal.

I would definitely recommend this job for someone who is straight out of college because you will learn a lot of information on how the business world runs.
Pros
Great job for learning how to run a business, Great Technology, Great People
Cons
Too much paperwork, management is not always on the same page, no clear vision
Fun and active place to be at.
Senior Account Executive Production Print (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 15, 2015
Company rewards you well when you out perform your job duties. Work life balance was great. Benefits were wonderful. Co-workers were fun to work with.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
can't think of any
Overall feeling
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 30, 2016
As with any company, things change, and not necessarily for the better. I left at a time when business was beginning to slide, and not much was being done to fix it. Hopefully upper management will recognize the problems and make the required adjustments.
Pros
Excellent Products
Cons
How and what, and not enough why.
Great Company
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 1, 2015
Konica Minolta is a great company to work for. The company's culture is amazing. Benefits are great as well. I have been here for about 4 months and have learned alot.
Only if you like long hours and overwhelming budgets
Senior Production Print Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2015
I love Konica Minolta as a manufacturer and as a sales and distribution provider. My experience is that senior regional leadership changes very fast, and where you once may have been a best fit, now you do not fit.

The emphasis is now on micro management, and excel spreadsheets, which becomes highly redundant as they can not get the information from the own CRM which is a module of the ERP (go figure) So you spend way too much time explaining what you are going to do, instead of actually doing it.

Company does not truly value their overlay support and regard them as expensive overhead. This is quite obvious in their pay structure and how you are treated. There is no work/life balance, even though they preach it from the top. They also have not created a career path or value coaching/mentoring and promoting from within, which is also very obvious.

Overall vision of the company is quite clear and well articulated, but from regional leadership down it is all about the 30 day cycle and what have you sold today.

They are quick to turn on you for any reason, and you can end up on the chopping block quickly if you are not well versed in being very political, and even those that are can be cast off.

Products and Services are good, yet they lack the true resources to implement and support. They have switched over to cost control, and do not invest in their people, leaving many stagnant. Proceed with caution and at your own risk as the career you destroy may be your own!

Expect to hit the ground running, never slow down and work very long hours for average pay.
  more... Realize that you are completely expendable and keep your resume and job search fresh!

You have been warned!
Pros
Good Products & Services
Cons
NO Work/Life Balance, Horrible work environment, Little Career Advancement, lots of back stabbing, inability to support larger deals or complex solutions.
Excellent Company to work for However pay is low...
Ofiice Copier Technician Associate 2 (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 29, 2015
I can say I had the best manager there was ever. He let us run our territory like it was our own. Problem was that I did not make the money like it was my own. Traveled 2500-3500 miles per month using own car, which was the bad. However compensation for the use of car was good.I recommend this copier company to anyone out there. The copiers are top of the line color MFP. Very easy to work on, However training on how to use these copiers was spotty and not trained very well how some of the feature items on the copiers worked. Very extensive and hard to work online training you had to find time to do plus your job. Probably the best job I ever had.My co -worker was fantastic and I still talk to him. there was only two of us in the area.
Pros
Benifits, Time off, Easy to troubleshoot most of the time
Cons
Poor Pay for what we did in our area.16.97 hr was not worth staying
Large well known company with superior products
Major Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GaSeptember 30, 2015
Large well known company with superior products. As the company is continuing to grow they are losing focus on their internal customers being the sales reps and the compensation has been cut in half.
Pros
Products
Cons
compensation, work/life balance, stress
very competitive business
FIELD ENGINEER (SPECIALIST) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2016
On average, I would take about 5-7 service calls a day. Most of the time I would be able to handle my calls, and assist others when needed.
Pros
being in the field
Cons
training/advancement opportunities
Great Company
Business Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOOctober 2, 2015
Konica Minolta is a wonderful company to work for. There is room for advancement, continued learning, and career growth. The culture is welcoming and exceedingly supportive.
Kmbs
SAE Commercial Print Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 21, 2016
KMBS , My tenure with them all be only 3 years was good they are a good company to work for with good benefits and training.

If you cant make it here as a sales rep. there is something wrong all the tools are here.

Upper management (more on the marketing side) is a little disorganized and needs to talk to the people on the street more.

Other than that I have nothing but good things to say about KM and will miss not being there. I worked my off for them but apparently my position as a CPS was not necessary enough and I was RIF'd out of my job.
Great products, above average benefits, poor management on all levels
Network, solutions, and repair technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 26, 2015
From the outset, the work day is stressful. If you enjoy working in this environment you may excel here. Policy changes and industry standards do not matter here because those items are fabricated daily. Most co-workers have been soured over years due to degrading, stereotyping, and maleficent indoctrination. Because of this, camaraderie is non-existent, unfortunately. There is the potential for turning all of this around with a replacement of management personnel who are conscientious, considerate, and socially adept to subordinates, customers, and families. Figures are the most important and I am not speaking of the budget constraints at this point but monthly expected criteria, which is unreasonable in the current climate.

The most enjoyable portion of the work is meeting new people and creating life-time friends during the daily travel.
Pros
very good product line, benefits are well balanced
Cons
Poor management on all levels, sales oriented company and not customer service driven, management and HR powerful; they expect ethics from the non-exempt class, however, management is unethical and morally bankrupt
a great workplace
Service technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 4, 2016
i enjoyed working at konica minolta, the people were nice work place was always clean and neat. they give you the tools to make it on your own , they let you be responsible for your own time management. the only real bad thing is that the management was bad , they fight with you to not take your paid vacation time or sick days. they barley ever communicated well enough to get the job done and a lot of times you'll feel like your all alone ,
Pros
good pay, indpendence
Cons
bad management
Meet a lot of people and make great money
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAOctober 17, 2015
If your in sells and want to have a healthy work life balance this is one great company to work for. Its extremely recommended to have a head start in any sales and there's no difference here. Hit your goal 2 weeks into your fiscal and continue to build your funnel. other then this you'll be behind, running to hit your number and pressuring your clients to sign.
Pros
make a lot of money and meet a lot of great people
Cons
Don't get behind in sales
Great Place to work
Named Account Manager - Education Vertical Market (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 17, 2016
Competitive Pay. Great work life Balance. Typical Day is setting up calls for 10 appointments a week to sustain quarterly pipeline through weekly activity.

Hardest part of the job is internal paperwork. Most enjoyable part of the job is no two days are the same. Fun environment.
Pros
Great culture.
Cons
Need to be disciplined. Non-Closers need not apply.
great starter gig
Major Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 18, 2015
great place to cut you sales teeth & start your sales career. salaries are notoriously low & generous commission is not easily attained. great work / life balance though
Pros
great freedom
Cons
not much pay
Great Place to Work
Business Solutions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 1, 2015
Challenging and rewarding career with good benefits and a positive atmosphere. Great customer base and advancement opportunities
Okay
Senior Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2015
The benefits where good and basically you worked on your own. You have to meet their numbers goals like five calls a day and only one hour at each call average. Don't use parts even if the machines need them because they can't afford it.
Benefits
Cons
Management has unreasonable expectations. All numbers are fabricated so the techs can stay employed.
Great for woman
Production Worker / line tender mechanic (Former Employee) –  Goshen, NYMay 21, 2016
Men are slaved out to do more then woman. They make work easier for the woman. Woman get bigger raises and faster... depending on the clothes they wear of course... they are ungrateful and will use you until you quit
Pros
Shift differential
Cons
Overworked underpaided
Well organized company
Truck Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAFebruary 29, 2016
Easy regular days at work come in build some machines following with going out on delivery drives all around New England taking breaks at whatever time of the day.Then when done with routes, go back to warehouse and go home for the day if no work needs to be done.