Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

great experiance
Sales Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 15, 2015
Good job and nice people. I have learned a lot about the copier industry. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expeced of a big compamy.
Used to be one of the best, now it's not
Office Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMarch 5, 2015
The DC branch is probably the worst branch to work for. Backstabbing sales reps, the techs does not work as a team, and the office systems branch manager is a sneaky snake in the grass. Territory management is the worst, the integration of the systems they use never works correctly (SAP and Oracle). This company used to be a great one until they merged with Danka. I don't know what kind of deal they made with the Devil but it's one that's irreversible.
Pros
free training, good benefits, ok pay
Cons
poor management, questionable corporate practices
All together a very good company to work for
Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 21, 2015
This company has offered me the opportunity to learn and grow with it. Co-workers and myself are always great at contributing ideas. The most enjoyable part is getting our daily work load accomplished.
Pros
My group always did what I asked of them because I treated them with respect.
Cons
Management will not let go of the reigns and allowed me to accomplish more.
Excellent Company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 26, 2015
This is the job I wish I never left. I was young and dumb at the time. KM had a great corporate culture and plenty of opportunity for advancement
Pros
corporate culture
Cons
Sales support was not strong at the time
wonderful sales team
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIDecember 18, 2015
I learned the sales and marketing advantages from my amazing manager. Corporate even took weekly time out with all of us on training and programs.

Our benefit programs and bonus programs were amazing perks

We made cold calls every day all day. It was a cut throat business which kept us on our toes!
Pros
president club trips
High Performance Results
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 19, 2015
Typical day includes meetings, training, networking, forecasting, proposing etc. Coworkers include Engineers, AVP's, Global Support Managers, Technicians and Admin.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working with positive people that create success and most importantly provided my clients with solutions that allow them to increase productivity that have a ROI.
Fun work place
Administrative warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 22, 2015
Great place to work, Fun environment
I have learned a lot here to help me alone my career path
My co- workers are not the greatest to work with
hardest part of my job was dealing with my co workers
most enjoyable part was when end of month was came I was always thrown with a curve ball and thrown into new situation. Witch I found to be fun to fine a way to resolve it.
Efficient operation. Great work life balance
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fairfield NJJanuary 22, 2015
Good company. However like all the industry, the days of reps making 5%-8% standard on a deal are long gone. Like the whole industry, a rep will make in between 1 1/2% commission to 3% commission. Most on the 1% side. It is not uncommon that a Presidents club winner only made $80K for the year with spiffs. The sales model has to change. However I can say I worked with one of the greatest managers in my career. It ALMOST made the lack of commissions bearable.
Pros
awesome work life balance. they trust their good people
Cons
commisions
Stay away from this place!
Systems Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2015
This call center is deplorable. The facilities are not maintained and the management is seriously disconnected from reality. The company is continuing to grow, but they are not growing their support teams. The people are cool, but the work and the pay are below average for the industry and the area.
Pros
Day ends at 5, no on-call
Cons
the facility, management, pay, and the work.
Pleasant place to work
Key Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Company had several management changes & Merger with Danka, was very difficult for a while. Great products. Good co workers. A great deal of prospecting was necessary. Hardest part of job was prospecting. Enjoyed training & working with customers. Good rewards programs
Pros
high quality equipment & technology. excellent technicians.
Cons
ever changing commission plans, territories and elimination of 401k match
Great for entry level sales
Strategic Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 23, 2015
This was a great job for me to get my feet wet in sales. If you can sell and copier, you can sell anything. When I was there, there was a chance to make some good money out of college if you worked hard. The benefits/insurance are great due to the size of this corporation. I liked this job but was not sad to leave it as I worked towards a more fulfilling sales career.
Pros
great entry level sales experiencen
Cons
it the pavement, door to door sales (b2b)
Great company to gain outside sales experience
Sales (Former Employee) –  U.S.October 8, 2014
Worked with great people, however this varies from office to office. Sales stats are often skewed due to lack of standards from office to office. Example: opportunities within each territory are not standardized. Some reps with vertical market assignments i.e. government specialist, may have additional geographical territory accounts that other government specialists do not. The reps with larger current customer bases and more accounts in general, typically have a better shot of reaching President's club. The industry is changing quickly and it is important to have strong, local management with internal connections to get the necessary approvals to win business.
Pros
gain outside sales experience, opportunity for promotion
Cons
lack of standards, disconnect with upper management
Middle management problems
Director of Production Print (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2015
Middle management at Konica Minolta has very poor business practices and leadership skills. Management will work you like a dog with no recognition. It is too bad because at one time Konica was a great place to work.
KMBS Konical Minolta
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ramsey NJSeptember 24, 2013
When I first started at Minolta I was a receptionist for the company. I enjoyed my job so much I didn't want to leave the position; however, I move on within the company. I was hired in Human Resources and then on to the Copier division.

Management guided me and gave me skills I was able to implement and use throughout my career. If management believes in your abilities the possibilities are endless.

I have made very good and lasting relationships over the years here at Konica Minolta and still keep in touch with my co-workers.
Pros
lunches, co-workers holiday parties, benefits
Cons
salary
Field Sales and Marketing
Successful sales (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 17, 2015
The company has presence in all markets a a real force, however the coordination between sales and technical support , shipping, marketing, Graphics, etc makes the process terribly long thru a sell of a machine (s). I enjoyed the training and thoroughness of the trainers.
Pros
Exciting field to sell in with copiers and software programs. Always cutting edge.
Cons
Turn around time of sales. Also, no latitudes of thinking outside the box.
Warehouse
Logistics Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2014
Logistics horrible upper management micro managed no polices are consistent, thought out, nor are they implemented Co. wide, new polices are brought about after a mistake is made. There is no position or financial advancement for employes, review time is only to review all the mini mistakes that were, the regional manager couldn't run the day to day of a warehouse if she tried
Pros
insurance/401k
Cons
everything else about working there
Wonderful small office atmosphere with the benefits of working for a large company
Branch Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 29, 2015
I've loved working at KMBS over the past 18 years. We have a real family atmosphere in the our branch office and both local and market management has been incredibly supportive.
Pros
small office atmosphere, big company benefits
Cons
end of month crunch
Horrible Culture
Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 21, 2015
Not a fun place to work. Employees seem scared of their managers/directors. Vacation time was minimal. Seemed to have very high turnover. Low employee morale.
Not For Everyone
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJuly 21, 2014
If you're not a self-starter don't join Konica Minolta's sales force. The company is a great company, moving in an exciting direction, but don't expect any support from Management in helping you succeed. It's one for all and all for none in this company. If you don't speak up, and show your worth they won't dedicate any time to you.

There have been instances where employees haven't been fired just because management doesn't want to fill out all of the necessary paperwork, I've actually heard a manager tell me this on numerous occasions about other employees.

If you're a self-starter and you are willing to put in the time and effort, expect to enjoy a fruitful and long career. It's an extremely rewarding job, but as I said it's not for everyone. Think twice as business technology sales aren't as straightforward as other types of sales.
Pros
sales experience, business development, major corporation, direct marketing
Cons
no support, incompetent employees, processes aren't standardized, we don't use our own products
Unless you're a senior exec, it's hard to succeed
Named account executive (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 10, 2015
The majority of reps are below 40 %, existing accounts are unevenly distributed. It's feast or famine, usually famine, and local management is absolutely worthless.