Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc.

Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. Employee Reviews

Pleasant place to work
Key Account Executive (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: high quality equipment & technology. excellent technicians.
Cons: ever changing commission plans, territories and elimination of 401k match
Company had several management changes & Merger with Danka, was very difficult for a while. Great products. Good co workers. A great deal of prospecting was necessary. Hardest part of job was prospecting. Enjoyed training & working with customers. Good rewards programs
Overall nice place to work
Office Systems Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore MDFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: supportive management
Cons: compensation
Although the monetary compensation could be better the overall benefit package is pretty good. The work environment is stable and friendly as well as the opportunity for bettering oneself through Konica Minoltas internal learning path. My main con of this position is/was that the work load (very demanding) does not match the compensation; often times you are expected to perform duties that go far beyond your pay scale. A typical day for me consisted of break fix service calls, customer service, print server management, printer driver management, network troubleshooting and then if time permitted inventory management and training. One of the best aspects of this position is/was the lack of micromanagement.
Bad
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Livonia, MIFebruary 13, 2015
typical day: gather paperwork , stage equipment, load trucks, deliveries , unload trucks , shipping and receiving and hilo work.

i have learned sap computer training , ups worldship and fed ex freight shipping

most of my co workers were enjoyable to work with

the management had no business being there he did not know the job as well as he thought

the hardest part of the job was the continuous lack of support from management

the most enjoyable part was interacting with all the customers
Productive workplace
Administration Manager (Former Employee), Warwick, RIFebruary 10, 2015
I have learned many new things at Konica Minolta and it is an up and coming company that is striving to be a tier one company.
Current Job
Branch Admin (Current Employee), Fairfield, NJFebruary 10, 2015
My current job with Konica Minolta varies from day to day, some days its busy and some days its slow. My management is very good and understanding. My co-workers are mainly rude, and disrespectful. The hardest part of my job is how the rudeness of co-workers, its makes it hard to work in the environment. The most enjoyable part to my day is when a customer calls for something I am able to help them out with their needs.
Wonderful small office atmosphere with the benefits of working for a large company
Branch Senior Administrator (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: small office atmosphere, big company benefits
Cons: end of month crunch
I've loved working at KMBS over the past 18 years. We have a real family atmosphere in the our branch office and both local and market management has been incredibly supportive.
Good Money
Account Manager (Current Employee), LA, CaliforniaJanuary 28, 2015
If you luck out and get a good mangager it is great. There are a lot of suits.
Many different tasks on a daily basis
Branch Administrator (Current Employee), Colorado SpringsJanuary 25, 2015
I love Konica Minolta. I started working there in 2004, and unfortunately, my position is being eliminated.
Great for entry level sales
Strategic Account Executive (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great entry level sales experiencen
Cons: it the pavement, door to door sales (b2b)
This was a great job for me to get my feet wet in sales. If you can sell and copier, you can sell anything. When I was there, there was a chance to make some good money out of college if you worked hard. The benefits/insurance are great due to the size of this corporation. I liked this job but was not sad to leave it as I worked towards a more fulfilling sales career.
Efficient operation. Great work life balance
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Fairfield NJJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: awesome work life balance. they trust their good people
Cons: commisions
Good company. However like all the industry, the days of reps making 5%-8% standard on a deal are long gone. Like the whole industry, a rep will make in between 1 1/2% commission to 3% commission. Most on the 1% side. It is not uncommon that a Presidents club winner only made $80K for the year with spiffs. The sales model has to change. However I can say I worked with one of the greatest managers in my career. It ALMOST made the lack of commissions bearable.
Production and nice business environment
Branch Senior Administrator (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJanuary 19, 2015
I truly enjoyed working with this company and on the Mobile/Pensacola team.
Not bad but not great
Strategic Account Executive (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJanuary 6, 2015
Nothing special about working for Konica Minolta. Sales job that required cold calling, prospecting, etc.

Konica Minolta always found a way to short my commissions checks for one reason or another. The promise the stars but don't deliver.
Great company in this industry
Sales (Current Employee), Vinnings, GADecember 29, 2014
Pros: strong support across all product areas, experts always availble.
Cons: strongly relies on hardware dollars to make targets, in this area kmbs is not competititve with the market.
KMBS is a leader in this industry and is one of the most stable in the field. Konica Minolta Business Solutions is working to transform from a hardware centric sales group to a SaaS and IT company.
The Multi Function Product (Copiers) is quickly becoming a very common commodity that is often purchased on price not services provided. With the new focus on solutions and IT services KMBS will step outside this area and continue to grow and be profitable.
Highly recommended work enviroment.
General Maintenance/Equipment Assembly (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2014
*Receive instructions, and execute the tasks.
*The importance of following instructions.
*Great management
*Friendly
*Clocking out
*Sense of accomplishment
Konica Minolta
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee), Ramsey, NJNovember 23, 2014
Pros: obtaining more knowldge in the sap system
Cons: a great expereince
I really enjoyed this assignment. I learned the Purchase Order Module in the SAP system. I enjoy learning new things and it was very interesting to create purchase orders from purchase requisitions. I was also the liaison between the Purchasing Dept. and the Accounts Payable Dept. Resolving issues and interacting with in-house personnel was a part of the position I enjoyed and very important to paying vendors on time. Customer service and interacting with people is a vital role in any position.Ths experience is one of the best opportunities that I have encountered.
Fun, friendly
Photo Imaging Account Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 30, 2014
Spent my days driving and meeting with store personal going over sales and upcoming events

Learned how to be an account manager

Management- was a training environment

Co-workers were great but in other states

The hardest part was spending 11 nights a month away from my family

The best part was training people
comfortable environment
Field Service Technician II (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 24, 2014
Pros: equipment training provided by company
Cons: some of the training had to be asked for
working for this company allowed me to expand my knowledge and technical ability as well as gain greater confidence in my ability's
Konica Minolta is an enjoyable sales role if you like to work hard.
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 14, 2014
It is a fun place to work and I enjoyed the peers I worked with. I learned that in sales you can make as much as you want with the work you put into it.
Great company to gain outside sales experience
Sales (Former Employee), U.S.October 8, 2014
Pros: gain outside sales experience, opportunity for promotion
Cons: lack of standards, disconnect with upper management
Worked with great people, however this varies from office to office. Sales stats are often skewed due to lack of standards from office to office. Example: opportunities within each territory are not standardized. Some reps with vertical market assignments i.e. government specialist, may have additional geographical territory accounts that other government specialists do not. The reps with larger current customer bases and more accounts in general, typically have a better shot of reaching President's club. The industry is changing quickly and it is important to have strong, local management with internal connections to get the necessary approvals to win business.
Great management
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 7, 2014
Managers care about work life balance and are flexible with scheduling.

Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. Salaries