Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. Employee Reviews

Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh,PASeptember 9, 2016
Fun and exciting place to work for a new college grad.It helps a young professional development new skills while enhancing their old ones. Being this was my first job out of college I really learned a lot from this great company,
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Konica Minolta. Unfortunately I was laid off. I would definitely work for them again if the oppotunity arose. I enjoyed working the the sales team and iupper management.
Pros
Administration works as a team most of the time
Cons
Administrative Management needs management training.
Great Benefits
Billing Specialist/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTAugust 24, 2016
A day in the life of a Konica Minolta employee consists of working various reports to ensure accuracy of accounts/billing. Heavy phone/email contact with customers, KMBS branches personnel and authorized dealerships.

For anyone looking for employment with this company, please note excel knowledge is a must.
Pros
KMBS Windsor has an Employees Club offering morale boosting events.
Good coworkers, and good freedom in job.
Account Solutions Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 19, 2016
The place was alright to work at overall. There was lots of freedom with the job, and I had great coworkers. Upper management was terrible and couldn't figure out how to run the place efficiently or effectively. Given new directions almost daily with nothing ever sticking in place.
Pros
Free lunches on some days, freedom with appointments
Cons
Terrible management
Great Company
Sr. Admin Ops Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2016
Hopefully the New Leadership will help us get back to being the best company we use to be. Great opportunity to advance and learn
Productive Work Space with Solid Core Team
Major Account Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Show Low, AZAugust 17, 2016
A typical work day includes 30% finding new customers, 30% farming existing customers, 30% paperwork and responding to customers. My strength in sales has always been hunting. I was able to learn and develop extremely effecting framing habits. I have worked with my manager for 13 years and we have worked very well together. I have worked with several individuals over multiple years and I have enjoyed working with highly motivated team members. The hardest part of my job is doing everything right and loosing a deal or customer. The most enjoyable part of my job is winning accounts especially those that took multiple years or special effort.
Pros
Bonuses, President's Club Trips
Cons
Long Hours, time away from home
An okay job
Office Associate I (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 11, 2016
It's an okay job if you like working with copiers. It's also very overwhelming and frustrating, especially when you don't know how to fix a certain machine.
Pros
Not in an office
Cons
Lone wolf with no hands on help if needed
Fast paced, always moving and thing to accomplish.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Roselle, ILAugust 9, 2016
Hit the ground running when the day began till end of day.

Management was not friendly to its lower employees. Did not have an open door policy.

All co-workers watched what every one else did and comparied work loads.

Dealing with the employees I managed i.e. there attitudes.

Most enjoyable is when every one left for the day.
A high-energy workplace that encourages entrepreneurial drive
Contact Branch Manager, Greg Phillips (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 21, 2016
A typical work day starts at 8 a.m. in the Louisville. The sales team meets every Monday morning at 8:30 a.m. to discuss the previous week and strategies for the upcoming week. There is much freedom given to outside sales reps, as we are able to be out in the field most of the day dropping in on current clients and prospecting for new client growth. Most outside sales reps are back in the office before 4 p.m. to check back in and finish any necessary administrative work.

I've learned much about the products and services KMBS provides to organizations and how to find a fit in most situations. My sales and prospecting skills were improved by management and service specialists.

There is quite a bit of management turn over, making it difficult to stay in a "groove."

My co-workers are the BEST part of working at KMBS in Louisville, KY.
Pros
Work Schedule Freedom
Cons
Lack of Guidance
Great place to work.
Branch Admin Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 14, 2016
Was responsible for 3 other administration personnel along with my own job . I booked all deals for a sales team if 7 and a sales manager. Did all the reviews and approvals for time off for the administration who reported to me. Had many end of month reports that I was responsible for.
Pros
Worked there for 15 years. Had many opportunities for growth.
Cons
Only half hour for lunch. Not enough time to do anything.
Overall a decent place to work
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2016
Work environment is not bad. A Goal oriented company that keeps re-inventing themselves in an industry that is flat. Has maintained a double digit growth year after year. Great place to grow.
Pros
Can earn decent income
Cons
Local management has had challenges but improving
Up and coming technology firm that is in high growth mode
Regional Technology Sales Consultant - SW U.S. (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 5, 2016
Nice place to work and collaborate with seasoned professionals. The company has very good leadership from the US based operations to Japan. Currently acquiring many solutions-centric software and It management companies to augment portfolio.
Wonderful Internship Expierence
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJJune 23, 2016
Collaborated with marketing team on the execution of print materials. Referenced the company’s style guide in order to create cohesive brand image.
nice working enviornment
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2016
even tho i was only a temp here it was a great experience. love the environment. co workers are nice and always willing to lend a hand
Konica Minolta
Regional Sales Branch for Konica Minolta Direct (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 1, 2016
Overall good job. My Hiring Manager did resign 7 months after I was hired. Territory consisted of Willamette Valley businesses. Very challenging and competitive industry.
So so experience
Major Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 27, 2016
My position at Konica Minolta was eliminated after 6 months on the job. Good products, well intended people, much needed improvement in administrative processes.
Starts out to seem like a pretty good job but lack of skilled managers makes it turn ugly fast.
Named Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMay 24, 2016
Starts out to seem like a pretty good job, but after the first week you realize Management has no clue on how to on-board new employees. For the first few months in most cases they do not have your assignment ready (again poor Management), so they have you take online classes they are short and you do not learn much, but it keeps you out of their hair which is their goal, (to do as little as possible and still keep their jobs). By this time your co-workers start to feel bad for you and they end up doing the on-boarding. My office was a miserable place to work. The Branch Manager was Miserable, he passed his misery on to the Manager who was equally miserable because he wanted and didn't get the Branch manager position.We had a few tenured reps (10 plus years) probably nice people outside of work but miserable given the circumstances. Every Monday we had our Mandatory, Monday in-house meeting. To say it was a waste of time is giving it too much credit.It was presented by the Branch MGR, "so what did everybody do this weekend, the Yanks won, I did so and so with my kids, that's all I got, meeting adjourned", people would drive in a hundred miles an hour to make this meeting just for that.There is nothing easy about Copier Sales, and they can try and hide what we do anyway they want (Document Management Sales, Workflow Sales, Enterprise Content Management Sales), its all the same thing COPIER SALES!!!! (you just Can't ever, never say the word Copiers). Everything I learned was self taught or I had learned before at previous companies, the hardest part of the job was dealing with  more... the layers and layers of management and overlays, everyone wants a piece of you and there is only so far you can be spread. This is a good job for no one, if your just starting out this will deter you from ever doing sales again, if you are experienced this job Will make you miserable and you will never want to go into sales again. Sorry I take that back, if you become an overlay or Manager it is a Great job, you can stay there a good 10 years and coast on bye have some awards on your wall make a good Power point presentation here and there and do everything you can to stay under the radar.  less
Pros
Free Coffee, all the coffee you can drink.
Cons
Everything else
Kmbs
SAE Commercial Print Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 21, 2016
KMBS , My tenure with them all be only 3 years was good they are a good company to work for with good benefits and training.

If you cant make it here as a sales rep. there is something wrong all the tools are here.

Upper management (more on the marketing side) is a little disorganized and needs to talk to the people on the street more.

Other than that I have nothing but good things to say about KM and will miss not being there. I worked my off for them but apparently my position as a CPS was not necessary enough and I was RIF'd out of my job.
Great for woman
Production Worker / line tender mechanic (Former Employee) –  Goshen, NYMay 21, 2016
Men are slaved out to do more then woman. They make work easier for the woman. Woman get bigger raises and faster... depending on the clothes they wear of course... they are ungrateful and will use you until you quit
Pros
Shift differential
Cons
Overworked underpaided
Great Place to work
Named Account Manager - Education Vertical Market (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 17, 2016
Competitive Pay. Great work life Balance. Typical Day is setting up calls for 10 appointments a week to sustain quarterly pipeline through weekly activity.

Hardest part of the job is internal paperwork. Most enjoyable part of the job is no two days are the same. Fun environment.
Pros
Great culture.
Cons
Need to be disciplined. Non-Closers need not apply.