Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. Employee Reviews

A high-energy workplace that encourages entrepreneurial drive
Contact Branch Manager, Greg Phillips (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 21, 2016
A typical work day starts at 8 a.m. in the Louisville. The sales team meets every Monday morning at 8:30 a.m. to discuss the previous week and strategies for the upcoming week. There is much freedom given to outside sales reps, as we are able to be out in the field most of the day dropping in on current clients and prospecting for new client growth. Most outside sales reps are back in the office before 4 p.m. to check back in and finish any necessary administrative work.

I've learned much about the products and services KMBS provides to organizations and how to find a fit in most situations. My sales and prospecting skills were improved by management and service specialists.

There is quite a bit of management turn over, making it difficult to stay in a "groove."

My co-workers are the BEST part of working at KMBS in Louisville, KY.
Pros
Work Schedule Freedom
Cons
Lack of Guidance
Great place to work.
Branch Admin Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 14, 2016
Was responsible for 3 other administration personnel along with my own job . I booked all deals for a sales team if 7 and a sales manager. Did all the reviews and approvals for time off for the administration who reported to me. Had many end of month reports that I was responsible for.
Pros
Worked there for 15 years. Had many opportunities for growth.
Cons
Only half hour for lunch. Not enough time to do anything.
Overall a decent place to work
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2016
Work environment is not bad. A Goal oriented company that keeps re-inventing themselves in an industry that is flat. Has maintained a double digit growth year after year. Great place to grow.
Pros
Can earn decent income
Cons
Local management has had challenges but improving
Up and coming technology firm that is in high growth mode
Regional Technology Sales Consultant - SW U.S. (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 5, 2016
Nice place to work and collaborate with seasoned professionals. The company has very good leadership from the US based operations to Japan. Currently acquiring many solutions-centric software and It management companies to augment portfolio.
Wonderful Internship Expierence
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJJune 23, 2016
Collaborated with marketing team on the execution of print materials. Referenced the company’s style guide in order to create cohesive brand image.
nice working enviornment
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2016
even tho i was only a temp here it was a great experience. love the environment. co workers are nice and always willing to lend a hand
Konica Minolta
Regional Sales Branch for Konica Minolta Direct (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 1, 2016
Overall good job. My Hiring Manager did resign 7 months after I was hired. Territory consisted of Willamette Valley businesses. Very challenging and competitive industry.
So so experience
Major Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 27, 2016
My position at Konica Minolta was eliminated after 6 months on the job. Good products, well intended people, much needed improvement in administrative processes.
Starts out to seem like a pretty good job but lack of skilled managers makes it turn ugly fast.
Named Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMay 24, 2016
Starts out to seem like a pretty good job, but after the first week you realize Management has no clue on how to on-board new employees. For the first few months in most cases they do not have your assignment ready (again poor Management), so they have you take online classes they are short and you do not learn much, but it keeps you out of their hair which is their goal, (to do as little as possible and still keep their jobs). By this time your co-workers start to feel bad for you and they end up doing the on-boarding. My office was a miserable place to work. The Branch Manager was Miserable, he passed his misery on to the Manager who was equally miserable because he wanted and didn't get the Branch manager position.We had a few tenured reps (10 plus years) probably nice people outside of work but miserable given the circumstances. Every Monday we had our Mandatory, Monday in-house meeting. To say it was a waste of time is giving it too much credit.It was presented by the Branch MGR, "so what did everybody do this weekend, the Yanks won, I did so and so with my kids, that's all I got, meeting adjourned", people would drive in a hundred miles an hour to make this meeting just for that.There is nothing easy about Copier Sales, and they can try and hide what we do anyway they want (Document Management Sales, Workflow Sales, Enterprise Content Management Sales), its all the same thing COPIER SALES!!!! (you just Can't ever, never say the word Copiers). Everything I learned was self taught or I had learned before at previous companies, the hardest part of the job was dealing with  more... the layers and layers of management and overlays, everyone wants a piece of you and there is only so far you can be spread. This is a good job for no one, if your just starting out this will deter you from ever doing sales again, if you are experienced this job Will make you miserable and you will never want to go into sales again. Sorry I take that back, if you become an overlay or Manager it is a Great job, you can stay there a good 10 years and coast on bye have some awards on your wall make a good Power point presentation here and there and do everything you can to stay under the radar.  less
Pros
Free Coffee, all the coffee you can drink.
Cons
Everything else
Not a Good Company
Major Account Executive (Former Employee) –  N/AMay 22, 2016
Women only advance if they ware short skirts, and
devalues herself will have advancement. If another has improved
skills and traits is overlooked for advancement (if you know what I mean) This is what the company seems to foster, and HR does not seem to do much about this type of conduct. The company went through a widespread layoff. Management has poor planning, and the pay is not so great for a single person. The car reimbursement is below the Government rate. I would not recommend this company to anyone. When there is a company widespread layoff, this is a consequence of poor planning of Management, and the company's
shareholders.
Pros
Work Life Balance/Co-workers
Cons
Pay is inadequate, poor management
Kmbs
SAE Commercial Print Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 21, 2016
KMBS , My tenure with them all be only 3 years was good they are a good company to work for with good benefits and training.

If you cant make it here as a sales rep. there is something wrong all the tools are here.

Upper management (more on the marketing side) is a little disorganized and needs to talk to the people on the street more.

Other than that I have nothing but good things to say about KM and will miss not being there. I worked my off for them but apparently my position as a CPS was not necessary enough and I was RIF'd out of my job.
Great for woman
Production Worker / line tender mechanic (Former Employee) –  Goshen, NYMay 21, 2016
Men are slaved out to do more then woman. They make work easier for the woman. Woman get bigger raises and faster... depending on the clothes they wear of course... they are ungrateful and will use you until you quit
Pros
Shift differential
Cons
Overworked underpaided
Great Place to work
Named Account Manager - Education Vertical Market (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 17, 2016
Competitive Pay. Great work life Balance. Typical Day is setting up calls for 10 appointments a week to sustain quarterly pipeline through weekly activity.

Hardest part of the job is internal paperwork. Most enjoyable part of the job is no two days are the same. Fun environment.
Pros
Great culture.
Cons
Need to be disciplined. Non-Closers need not apply.
Love this Job
Office Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 8, 2016
this was one of the best jobs I've had in my life, I Loved working with the people and meeting new customesrs daily to fix their copiers.
a great workplace
Service technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 4, 2016
i enjoyed working at konica minolta, the people were nice work place was always clean and neat. they give you the tools to make it on your own , they let you be responsible for your own time management. the only real bad thing is that the management was bad , they fight with you to not take your paid vacation time or sick days. they barley ever communicated well enough to get the job done and a lot of times you'll feel like your all alone ,
Pros
good pay, indpendence
Cons
bad management
Don't work there.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOApril 22, 2016
The job was fun and co-workers was great but management sucked never wanted to help you and when upper management came down on lower management he would through the techs under the bus to make him look good.
Pros
Good hours no weekends and holidays
Cons
management
Values Employees and Encourages Growth
Lease Operations Analyst - Finance Department (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTApril 22, 2016
The most enjoyable part of working for for Konica Minolta is the amount of energy they put into anything, big or small. It builds an immense amount of excitement through all department levels.
Overall feeling
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 30, 2016
As with any company, things change, and not necessarily for the better. I left at a time when business was beginning to slide, and not much was being done to fix it. Hopefully upper management will recognize the problems and make the required adjustments.
Pros
Excellent Products
Cons
How and what, and not enough why.
very competitive business
FIELD ENGINEER (SPECIALIST) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2016
On average, I would take about 5-7 service calls a day. Most of the time I would be able to handle my calls, and assist others when needed.
Pros
being in the field
Cons
training/advancement opportunities
Well organized company
Truck Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAFebruary 29, 2016
Easy regular days at work come in build some machines following with going out on delivery drives all around New England taking breaks at whatever time of the day.Then when done with routes, go back to warehouse and go home for the day if no work needs to be done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. Reviews by Location