Kool Smiles

Kool Smiles Employer Reviews

Assist professional dental staff (Former Employee), Abilene, TXApril 21, 2014
Pros: job security, benefits
Cons: issues sometimes took a while to be resolved due to corporate not being close.
Worked for Kool Smiles for two years. Best and worst job I ever had. Overall the company is good, but the people in the office I worked at did not represent the company in the best light. They are all no longer employed with the company. Many of them were fired.
great company
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Marietta, GAApril 18, 2014
call center for dentist office, great surrounding and company.
This place is a mad house
All prep work for Hygienist (Former Employee), Odessa, TXApril 8, 2014
Pros: playing and teaching kids
Cons: no heart in what was done there
Treatment at this place was not at a great quality. I hated making kids cry and holding them down. just wasnt the place for me.
great experience
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Killeen, TXApril 2, 2014
great learning experience,worked with some awesome dentists.team worked well under pressure and running behind.
OVERWORKED UNDERPAID
Clinical Team Leader (Former Employee), Sumter, SCMarch 29, 2014
Cons: no raises but you can take all of the leadership to new orleans expenses paid!!!!
The staff is overworked & underpaid it's all about numbers where your OM, ABL, & Regional Doctors bonus off of how many patients you see. If you like going to lunch & home late then this is a great company to work for. Employees didn't receive a raise but had money to remodel all of their offices with the most up to date equipment. It's run like a factory – more... & the kids are like an assembly line no quality at all!!!! Please don't voice your opinion or stand up for what's right b/c it will get you fired!!! They expect the CTL to be Jesus & make miracles when the schedule is slammed. Love my working relationships with some co-workers but others were just suck ups & if you're not with the "IN CROWD" then they will drag you. This company will not survive much longer...SMILE ON & BRUSH IT UP... Lead Dentist & ABL are raggedy!!!! I wouldn't let my dog be seen there... – less
Decent pay, long hours
Office Manager (Former Employee), VirginiaFebruary 24, 2014
Overbooking of patients make for long days, or working through lunch.
Decent salary
Productive and fun place to work
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), balitmoreFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long work days
Very enjoyable and exciting place to work. A typical work day is very engaging.
Was ok at 1st
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: the other doctor, was able to cross-train
Cons: the new manager
Worked there in 2011-2012, Got a new manager and everything went down hill, also the lead dentist was a complete nut!
I great place to spend time
sterilization tech (Former Employee), Hagerstown MdJanuary 21, 2014
I enjoyed volunteering with this company. Spending time with the children and educating them about oral hygiene was very rewarding.
this place is terrible and extremely unprofessional
hygienist (Former Employee), virginiaJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: underserved children/families receive some type of dental care
Cons: everything else; place is terrible
Ghetto production! They want to work you to the bone and then pay pennies for your training, time and dedication towards patients and the field of dentistry.
Honestly I wish they would acquire volunteers to help this subset and dont offer it as a "career" position.

I would definitely volunteer my time but thats all this place is worth. I would NEVER – more... let anyone I love or care about receive treatment there!

The red tape is unbelievable. And again I cannot stress the UNPROFESSIONALISM! If your a true provider/professional I recommend not ever working at Kook Smiles and if so..dont put on resume. Best of luck* – less
Customer Service
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: working from home
Experienced in Customer Service, Cashier, Childcare, Waitressing, Receptionist and Pharmacy Tech training. Detail Oriented, Excellent organizational, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Professional demeanor and appearance. Fun-loving, patient, Fast learner.
Fun workplace! Very productive work environment.
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 31, 2013
Pros: the hugs and "thanks yous" from patients who appreciate what you do for them.
Cons: working on saturdays.
I enjoy going to work everyday. I enjoy my coworkers. We work as a team. The doctors are compassionate, caring and great clinicians. I like treating a variety of patients from all ages and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Good place to get experience, but things change all the time
Associate Dentist (Former Employee), USADecember 28, 2013
Pros: work experience, you control the treatment plan and don't have to sell anything
Cons: too many patients some days, no paid holidays, not enough time with patients, poor leadership, pretty much everything else
This is a great place to start right out of school. You will see a ton of patients real fast. Then after you get the experience you want, leave.

At first the compensation was good and all you had to do was focus on dentistry. Now they have changed everything and you have to worry if insurance is going to cover something. If insurance doesn't cover – more... what you did YOU WILL GET A BILL from Kool Smiles expecting you to pay them back for what wasn't collected.

You will see over 50 patients a day. You will see over 30 hygiene patients per day where you do an exam, talk with parents, answer questions, etc but you won't get paid a penny for doing.

You do not get paid vacations and the PTO they do give you won't cover all the non-paid holidays. Your hygienist will get paid more than you the last week of the year because they get paid holidays and you won't.

You will see lots and lots of patients to the point where you may not be able to keep up and you don't have enough time to spend with kids that are anxious. Other days will be so slow that you won't be able to much better than the minimum pay. They average the pay so you don't have a daily minimum. That means if it is really slow and you are lucky to see 3 patients you may only make $50 for the day. While other days are so buys that you will make $1000. Enough slow days will make that good day where you worked hard go to the minimum. The advertised pay that they have on there web site is a lie. I don't know any doctor in the company that makes that much unless they are a managing doctor that don't do anything and you are paying for. You will typically get paid 10-15% of your total production even though they say it will be 30% collections. This means if you make $1 million for the company in a year you will take home about $140,000.

The only redeeming qualities to this company is that you do have complete control over the treatment plan and you won't get pressure to sell dentistry. They also have benefits, pay for some CE, CPR, DEA, life insurance, health insurance, disability. – less
busy, altruistic, fulfilling job with a little too much red tape at times
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), GerogiaNovember 29, 2013
Pros: helping others in need
Cons: lots of paperwork
A great place to learn from young enthusiastic doctors. I received clear direction with a reasonable workload. My only complaint is that doing so much paperwork sometimes made the environment feel very corporate rather than efficient.
Fun and and chanllenging
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INNovember 20, 2013
Pros: i love working with kids, staff
Cons: working late every night, and long saturdays
The typical day at work for me was between beginning a dental hygiene assistant which would include greeting the patients all children making them feel at easy and taking x-rays then seating patients for hygiene to do cleanings the assist dentist with exam on each patient logging finding into computers, creating treatment plans, and finally going over – more... treatment plans with parents. When working as dental assistant to the doctors I would arrange rooms for all procedure, bring patient back assist doctors then finish filling for dentist, chart procedure on computers, finish with sterilizing room for next procedure. – less
N/A
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 14, 2013
I see a average of 70 patients a day
I have constant contact with public i deal with multiple personalities daily im very polite and respectful person
Very rewarding career!
Office Manager (Current Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 5, 2013
Kool Smiles is a great company to work for, the services that we provide daily to the kids (and adults) in our community are top notch. The associates that I work with each day are committed to providing exceptional service and professionalism to every patient seen and that makes my job very rewarding.
Fun Place to work
Intern (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 22, 2013
Every one was friendly and willing to teach me many things. The management was flexible but firm on still getting the job done. Co-workers are honest about when you mess up, but do not hold grudges.
very busy and stressful
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: manager was awesome we followed all osha regulations good benefits
Cons: commute was bad very, stressful sometimes, had to be running around just to catch up
we had alot of patients in the morning we had about 25- to patients sometimes more and for each hour we had 7- 10 patients anf they had to be out in 45 if not we would run behind. It was moslty kids and you had to take x-rays if they were five and older or if they were under five and had previous restorations we took xrays. I had to do a consult with – more... each of the patients and bring them back check their history. Chart with the doctor and place on the computer. – less
Extremely busy office!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Hammond, INOctober 15, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: dealing with difficult parents
Typical day a work includes parent consultations, assisting with fillings, extractions, root canals, preparing sealant's. Taking x-rays. developing x-rays. Co-workers where fun to work with. Hardest part of the job was telling parents their children needed excessive dental work. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping kids get over their fear of – more... the dentist. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Kool Smiles

At Kool Smiles, our goal is to provide access to quality dental health services to children throughout our communities. By providing – Read more