Kool Smiles Employee Reviews

Busy pedo
Full-time Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 17, 2017
The days are always busy... unless it's dead. It was either double booked and everyone showed or no shows and we had to clock out for longer lunches. But, working with the kids was the greatest experience.
Pros
full time with benefits
Cons
short breaks, irratic hours
Great Dental Industry
Marketer (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 15, 2017
I gained a lot of respect for the outreach and help Kool Smiles gives to the community. The toughest part of the job was working in city w/ a smaller population.
very helpful with children
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 14, 2017
Spent most days helping low income children, working with a variety of doctors, and different cultures. The hardest part of the job was working on children that were extremely afraid
Pros
helping children like the dentist
Cons
helping children
Patient Coordinator
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23224May 13, 2017
Duties:
Answering Multi-Line Phones, Scheduling Appointments, Data Entry.Checking Patients In & Out, Scheduling Follow Up Appointments, Confirming Next Appointment Dates, Emails.
Verifying Patient's Insurance Eligibility, Faxing, Scanning Documents, Filing Patients Charts. Etc.
Don't waste your time
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 4, 2017
Whatever you do...do not apply to work at any of these offices!!! The management doesn't listen when your being done wrong, they don't care whether or not you were in the right!! When you have been in a position for a long time you would think the next logical step would be up...however that was not the case, they would rather keep you where you are not pay you any more but expect you to do more work!!! Seriously!!!
Pros
Ummm nothing???
Cons
Very poorly managed and my time of employment
Prior Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2017
I worked at Kool Smiles for 5 years. I started out on the phones and eventually moved to multiple positions from Quality Service Specialist to Medicaid/Commercial Insurance Verification Specialist and finally Prior Authorizations Specialist. The management was really bad when I worked there, but I heard they got rid of management.
Pros
Easy to advance
Cons
Terrible Pay
fun place to work at
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKApril 24, 2017
enjoyed the coworkers and the patients. fun place to work at, and the bonuses were fun to get and the coming to work everyday u knew what you were doing and almost everybody did their part.
Unorganized
Patient Coordinator/Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 24, 2017
The manager is unprofessional and rude. My experience with Kool Smiles was stressful and i don't think i will return. There is no teamwork with the employees. Some days you don't receive a lunch. The manager doesn't know how to speak to the employees.
Quality
Certified Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAApril 21, 2017
Poor Quality corporation. You are lead to believe that the company will do anything they can for you which is not true. Kool Smiles will not do anything for you that doesn't benefit them
Kids are awesome
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARApril 18, 2017
Great place to work as far as benefits. Lots of patients. Long days short lunches. Black out period cannot take off during certain time of the year. Blackout dates are during peak vacation times.
Pros
Benefits. Health care vision HSA 401 K match
Fast Paste and friendly
PATIENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2017
The staff works together, this place is very fast paced and very in depth from every position. Kool Smiles is a great place to work for experience and building character in the work place.
Cavity Factory
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 9, 2017
During my time working at Kool Smiles, I was trained to minimize speaking with patients about prevention. I did not agree with this philosophy so I left.
Pros
Weekly Lunches, hour long break
Cons
Unreliable hours
A job is what you make it
Clinical Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 8, 2017
Sure koolsmiles it own way of doing things. But what job doesn"t. You should know what to expect if you see a clinic setting. And everyone now lives in a microwave society so they expect everything to be 1min now. But the reality is there is still jobs where people have still be hands on in order to get the job done. And yes most people now a days want to get paid to do the less amount of work. And do not know what team work is and can not multi task. Truth being society had changed were the work force has to.. People only see their pay check and not the service they are there to do. And yes people are too impatient when it come to waiting.. But patients is a furtue and a job is a blessing. And not all my day are roses but i thank God for the days i have. And yes i get tired of most things , but I know i can always move on it is about choice.
Pros
Showing my skills
Cons
People
horrible
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 5, 2017
I was fired from this company because a pt assault me off the clock out side the office who was taken to jail because she was wrong but because I defend myself I was fired.
great place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70122April 4, 2017
kool smiles is a great place to work they are very informative with there hands on training, everyone get along with one another, i love to see the kids faces after the procedure when they get to choose a toy
Fun workplace
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 21, 2017
Good hours. Good pay. Cleaned and organized. Good experience to learn about dental assisting. Fast pase.. Working with excellent doctors. Great management.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Short breaks
wrong place to work
Medicaid Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 20, 2017
If you want to be treated like a child this could be the job for you. Management truly believe in FAVORTISM AND NO growth .It's a job nothing special.
Pros
There are none
Cons
lots of work little pay
Awesome job
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2017
Great place learned so much life lessons. Friendly people to work with. Everyone works as a team. Stress and drama free. Comfortable and warm welcoming employees.
Pros
Organized
Cons
Breaks
Not an ideal place to work at
Patient Coordinator/Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAMarch 15, 2017
Too many management changes. Assistants are overworked to thw extent that it negatively impacts overall work performance. The corporate care more for the number of patients we take in rather than the. Quality of care and efficiency.
Horrible upper management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 8, 2017
A direct supervisor harassed and hostile. Long hours no balance between work and family. Over booking patients with little concern for their time. Staff is expected to see up to 15 patients per hour. They over book like an airline and then when all the patients show hold the staff accountable for not being fast enough and as a result some patients wait 2 hours to finish their visit.
Pros
Salary/ bonuses
Cons
Long hours/ treated like scum

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kool Smiles. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9