Kool Smiles Employee Reviews in United States

Working at kool smiles
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  District Heights, MDJune 15, 2016
KOOL SMILES
Working in a fast pace environment is key to have a good day, everything is very fast
Working with a lot of personalities
Poor kids and employee's
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 7, 2016
This is the most unorganized place I have ever worked at. The most unhappy people ever work there. I wanted to learn PEDO so I thought I would give this a try. 100 plus kids a day! Having to take x-rays with the kids in my lap over and over not good for me or the kids. The worse supplies ever to work with. No appreciation from management. It was never enough for production.
I get Kool Smiles , it is a great concept, the kids need a place like this but they need it with correct scheduling & proper equipment and supplies.
Pros
The ladies I met
Cons
The entire operation
Horrible Place to Work for-Killeen TX.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 6, 2016
A typical day at work with the staff of Kool Smiles is horrible, and people don't know how to communicate, People think they are better than everyone else and better than their patients. A typical day with patients can be ok if the patient is already upset with the bad service they receive at the front desk.

I've learned to keep to myself, there's way too much drama. It is very true within this company when people say "when someone toxic cannot control you, they will control everyone else around you".

The management at Kool Smiles is the worst I've seen. That explains the crazy turn-over rate they have. They don't manage it well at all. All managers I've seen come to do what they need to, other than that they aren't easy to contact nor to communicate with.

Co-workers are always wanting to compete with others and complain about every little thing that the company is constantly changing.

The hardest part of this job is deciding to QUIT or stay. Hahahahaha.... Even some doctors feel this way!

The only enjoying part was seeing happy patients, but even that didn't happen much.

Be very careful when deciding to use this company as a reference or adding them to your resume.

So far I've dealt with Defamation of Character.
Pros
None what so ever
Cons
they are bribbers just to try to keep employees
Extremely productive compliance oriented kid friendly place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 3, 2016
On a typical day patients can range from 30 to 80 patients a day between the two sides of the office which are the Hygiene bay and the Operatory side. The company lacks smart scheduling skills and as well as staff. Enjoy seeing the children smile.
Great Fun enviroment to work
Dental Assistant/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 22, 2016
Even though sometime the wait could be long the atmosphere was loving and caring. Loved the patients and co-workers. awesome experience would work there again but the hours don't fit my schedule.
nice place to work
Patient coordinator/dental assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 10, 2016
my Coe workers were very nice and welcoming just not a lot more free time for life out side of work but its worth it if the pay is good for very long work hours.
Pros
coworkers are much like family. everyone work together to succede.
Cons
location in low income area lot of crime in area needs better rules and security
Fun workplace though very professional.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 4, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Kool Smiles it is a refutable company with many locations nationwide. My typical work day was enjoyable speaking to various customers never knowing what the issue would be. My coworkers were nice and we have a nice run together.
Cons
Short breaks and heavy phone monitoring which began to be stressful.
Fun workplace
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 27, 2016
Typical is sometimes slow, sometimes fast. I learned alot at koolsmiles. Being a dental assistant was something different for me. The co workers were cool and pleasant to work with.The most enjoyable part were working with the kids.
Pros
TIME WENT BY FAST
Cons
DOWN TIME
great place for to start a dental hygiene career
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXApril 12, 2016
Kool smiles was a great experience, especially right out of hygiene school. It taught me how to manage my time with each patient. You work with different age ranges. Also, it teaches you how to work as a team.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
too many patients, not enough providers
Area Business Leader (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 22, 2016
You will work hard but it pays off. Lots of opportunities for advancement. Expectations of employees is a little high but appreciation is shown to employees. Company working hard to improve patient and employee satisfaction. Lots of dedicated and long term employees. Good salaries. Most employees who leave want to come back. Compliance Standards are very high which is great for licensed professionals who work here and everyone else as well.
Assistants are over worked; patient load is high. A lot of favoritism!!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDMarch 21, 2016
When I worked here I always felt over worked! Patient's parents (who mostly spoke Spanish) were always upset by how late their child was being seen, but the patient load was way to much to see patients efficiently and on time; most days we worked through our break. There is A LOT of favoritism at this office!! The doctors do not come when you say patients are ready! Management does not do anything when problems arise. Employees argue and bring up conflict in front of patients! Overall the office in silver spring is terrible. Can not speak for any other office.
Pros
great benefits, lots of hours
Cons
favoritism, patient load, bad management
loved
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 16, 2016
I loved the amazing doctors I worked with they were always there to teach me new things and while it was a busy office it was a fun place most of the time.
worst job ever! assistants stay away
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 20, 2016
The office manager seemed to dislike everyone! So much drama in this office. No one worked together. .as you'd walk away you'd feel the daggers getting thrown in your back. .there were a few nice girls there but just a few...not a healthy environment to work in. .very stressful. Horrible scheduling system.
Pros
Cons
everything
Fast paced, busy work environment
Dental hygienist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 28, 2016
I loved having the opportunity to make the children's dental experience a positive one. I do wish we had more time to spend with the kids to build a relationship but being a high volume office doesn't offer that opportunity sometimes.
Pros
Health insurance is offered to full time employees
Cons
Slow days mean less hours because we are sent home early.
Productive and fun place for children especially with the play area
Registered Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 27, 2016
This place is always fun and well paced to work at. I stay busy and going the whole time I'm at work. Enjoy working with the other people here at Kool Smiles. Everyone is very friendly and hard working
Pros
Everyone gets their hour lunch, lots of us sit together, enjoy our lunch in the roomy break room
Cons
We can help each other out a lot more instead of falling behind
Worked with children
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 25, 2016
Took X-rays of the patients teeth, set up procedures for the dentist, took impressions of the patients teeth, and sterilization
Cons
Productive and fun working place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 24, 2016
I would set up instruments, charting, cleanings ,x rays, provide patient with important information about the dental care they need or have. I also greet patients when entering the building in a professional manner. coworkers were great and made the day go by faster.The hardest part of the job was seeing patients in pain and I really enjoyed making the patients feel comfortable.
Politics!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 6, 2016
I worked for this company for three years the first year was OK. Until there was new management the new manager didn't have any dental background. He would talk down to some of the employees and even would make fun of them as well as childern and adults that were sick. He had no compassion for any children they had any special needs. All he was concern about was what he was going to eat and about his dog. While the CTL would be doing all the work and staying late. You constantly work short, This company is all about politics. It's all on who you know to get further up in the company. As far as other dental assistant dental hygienist and doctors I was fortunate enough to have a good staff.
Pros
Having a job
Fun
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 24, 2015
Kool Smiles is a below avg income dentistry, it can be trying at times with kids screaming because they are afraid of the dentist
Somedays are greater then others
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 12, 2015
Even though kool smiles provided a fun learning work experience. There were a few things that made me uncomfortable about working there. Kool Smiles taught me team work and efficiency among other important things i think its time to learn another clinic that i can hopefully call home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kool Smiles. Our community is ready to answer.