Kootenai Health

Kootenai Health Employee Reviews

A rewarding place to work; working daily towards meeting our mission statement.
Medicare Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Coeur d'Alene, IDJune 23, 2015
Management really supports the workers in the business office. The work is meaninful and the business office management support us all. It's serious work, taken seriously, and very rewarding. Daily work includes fixing rejected claims, working edits on the electronic claims, verifying claim status, following up on claim denials and payment delays. Goal is to bring A/R days down while adhering to Medicare billing guidelines. Great business office, great employer, great place to work.
good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), nursing resource teamApril 28, 2015
Pros: employee support
Cons: loyality when advancing to a different position by administer of nursing
Good place to work, encourages education and works well with you to achieve you education. Good team work with co-workers, while working in the nursing resource team you are welcomed to other units well and they are willing to help you if needed so that yo may provide the best care.
Not good
RN (Current Employee), Post Falls, IDSeptember 8, 2014
What I have learned from working with Kootenai is there is no consistency with decisions and policies. Depending on the circumstances work flow changes day by day which creates an enviroment that has no stability and unable to set quality standards to adhere by and makes nursing practice unmanageable.
The staff at Kootenai Health are my favorite part of working here.
Staff RN (Current Employee), Coeur d'Alene, IDAugust 20, 2012
Kootenai is one of the few hospitals that has stayed in the black while adding cardiac and neurological advanced services. The company is progressive and growing rapidly. Financially it is well managed.
Many staff members, like myself, have worked for many years at the hospital and like knowing their co-workers and management. We work as a close-knit team and that adds to job satisfaction and encourages – more... accountability for performance. I work with some fine people and staff in all positions.
Unfortunately, like many healthcare facilities of recent, they work employees the benefited hours without benefits. A few actually choose this option but overall I believe it to be a new business practice.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working directly with the patient and the public. I can make an impact on a persons coping, disease management, and education for a healthy lifestyle, and I can see the results, then that is immensely satisfying for me. – less

Kootenai Health Salaries