Kosciusko Community Hospital Employee Reviews

relaxed but can be fast paced
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 28, 2017
very relaxed. welcoming, they train well. management is good could be better. there are favorites. overall the place is great. they take care of you.
Good Staff
RN (Former Employee) –  Operating RoomJune 26, 2017
For a small hospital it was a wonderful place to work. Everyone knew each other and were friends. Very professional staff at the time that worked there.
Great Teamwork
Registered Nurse, Med/Surg (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 9, 2017
KCH is a wonderful place to work! I love all of my co-workers! The culture of the Med/Surg floor is like a big family, everyone works together and it is great! The hardest part of the job is staffing of coarse. The most enjoyable part of the job is really the team you work with!
KCH is a great place to work. I have been very happy here.
Director Inpatient services (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INMay 18, 2017
I have learned a lot at KCH. Because we are a small hospital we wear a lot of hats. The workplace culture is patient first. We all believe in patient and staff safety and security.
Pros
Great team atmosphere.
Cons
Small
Not a great place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 9, 2017
Very understaffed and underpaid! Radiology department is poorly managed. Management is more worried about making themselves look good, than helping the needs of their staff. Very little communication from management, and unwillingness to listen to and address staff concerns. Constantly working through lunches and staying late due to lack of staff. Management unwilling to cross-train into different modalities. Lowest paid hospital in area.
Pros
Hard working techs
Cons
Short staffed/ underpaid/ poor management
Love the people I work with
Diagnostic assistant II (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 1, 2016
Most of the time we are decently busy, I prefer it that way. Lately we have been rather slow to the point of laying people off and cutting hours. I enjoy what I do I love challenges, and I really enjoy the people I work with.
Pros
im not in one area
Cons
Getting hours cut.
energized workplace
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 27, 2016
fast paced work environment, lack of breaks, co-workers are willing to help each other learn, good learning experience, must be flexible with scheduling
Great place to work with amazing coworkers
certified medical assistant (Current Employee) –  FloatJanuary 20, 2016
I absolutely love my job and the people I work with! KCH is a wonderful facility with plenty of room to grow. Excellent pay and great benefits. I found my career! Also when I continue my education they are willing to work with me!
Pros
Wonderdul Drs and coworkers
Patient care
Diagnostic Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 18, 2015
Big on patient care and customer service skills. Goal of each day to get the patient to forget about the worries of the day for the five minutes you spend with them.
Very rewarding job
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 24, 2015
If you enjoy helping others than working for KCH is a perfect job. Helping people through some of the worst points in their lifes can be very rewarding not only to the patient and the family but also to yourself.
Great work enviroment and team work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INMay 31, 2015
Eager to train and offer overtime. Co-workers are team players and make you feel as if they are your family. Great way to start getting into the health care field. Gives you a sense of the respect for all health care team.
Pros
Decent pay, eager to work with you and your familys needs.
Cons
Cant think of any.
Great place to work serving a rural community
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 18, 2014
I learned a lot while working at KCH. My coworkers were friendly and worked well together. The hardest part was having to know so many disciplines and keeping my skills in all areas sharp. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to provide valuable services to the community.
Pros
A wellness center nearby for employees
Cons
Not a lot of room for career advancement
learned many new skills
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 26, 2014
was able to increase my skill level and gain confidence as a nurse
Caring environment
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJanuary 3, 2014
Overall KCH was a great place to work. There was not really room for career advancement in the job that I was in. I have actually heard since I have left, that some jobs have actually been terminated. Everyone was hardworking and we knew that no matter if we weren't the doctor or nurse taking care of the patient, if we did our job well it would assist the doctors in the patients' care.
Pros
Great cafeteria, great environment
Cons
Low pay, no room for career advancement
Working in the Kitchen at KCH
Dining Attendant (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 11, 2013
I worked every shift from opening to closing. When helping with opening the kitchen, my duties were to take a cart of goodies to all of the stations to refill snack baskets, and replace the old coffee pitchers with new, freshly brewed coffee. Before leaving the morning shift I was to replenish this cart of goodies; all accept for the coffee of course. When closing I helped with cleaning up in the kitchen and putting things back where they belonged. Sometimes I would help with the dish room. No matter what shift I worked my main job was to prepare and deliver trays to patients throughout the hospital. I was to announce “Room Service” before entering rooms as well as confirm I had the correct person for each tray. In addition I even trained new people who came to the kitchen team. I also helped with making snacks from cookies to cakes to be sold at the cafeteria line.
Great first job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 1, 2013
I can admit I wasn't a great employee since it was my first job, but I learned life lessons. I learned how to be more productive and not to make excuses. Own my mistakes and not let my mistakes hinder my work ability. The supervisors worked with me and gave me chance after chance even though I didn't deserve it. They helped build mold me into the worker I am today.
Pros
Patient Supervisors
Cons
Grunt work
A friendly environment.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 29, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of patients the way I would want my loved one to be taken care of.
The co-workers were extremely helpful and nice people.
I learned that sometimes no matter what a person may do, when it is a person's time to go, it's their time.
The hardest part of the job was losing a patient.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Losing patients.
housekeeping
Distribution Clerk & Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Warsaw IndianaJune 27, 2013
general hospital housekeeping duties, porter, sweep mop floors etc etc
Pros
great place to work
Cons
no cons just didn't have enough hours
very poorly managed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  warsaw, inJanuary 16, 2013
Poorly managed hospital with substandard care. Too much call time and downstaffing.
Agreements not honored
Emergency Room RN (Former Employee) –  WarsawJanuary 9, 2013
Unwilling to work around employees furthering education, which was previously agreed upon.
Pros
great team of staff members
Cons
unwilling to allow personal/student life to prosper- high levels of mandated ot