KPMG

KPMG Employer Reviews

Enjoy the day-to-day responsibilities but the highly politicized culture within KPMG is frustrating
Senior Associate, Technical Support (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 20, 2014
Pros: diverse workplace; travel; interesting day-to-day
Cons: political; ineffective managemnet; communication channels
One of the apsects regarding my job that I anticipate daily is the variety of what each day may bring. No two days are alike. The work I do encompasses a wide range of skillsets including detailed organizational activities to heavy analytica thinking to solve complex issues.
Great experience
Audit Senior (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 16, 2014
Going to the client's office and auditing their books. Working hand on hand with the manager and learning new ways to audit and prepare workpapers. Assisting my associates with any questions and concerns they have regarding auditing. Working one on one with client and answering any questions they have.
Management was not helpful or approachable
Business Processing Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 13, 2014
*A difficult place to move around
*Easy to get locked into a position without mobility
Good company for professionals just starting a career
Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: excellent employee recognition and benefits
Cons: no opportunity for career growth unless you work in audit, tax and advisory
Good company that believes in rewarding their employees. Very conservative and stoic environment. Good start for interns. Company only caters to employees that work in audit, tax and advisory divisions.
Excellent firm to start your career
Senior Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 11, 2014
Pros: variety of clients, excellent training, meet a ton of motivated and highly skilled individuals
Cons: demanding work hours, regulatory scrutiny by the pcaob
-Excellent training throughout the year
-Get to see so many different products/areas
-Long hours during busy-season are tough
-Good PTO and benefits
-Fast-paced environment
-Much manager and partner interaction
-SOX controls testing and process walkthroughs are very time-consuming
Not a firm to grow in
Senior Associate Risk Management Consultant (Former Employee), AtlantaOctober 9, 2014
Pros: endless traveling, gain travel points on cards and hotels.
Cons: endless traveling, maganement like a mlm.
Great if you get out of school and need experience asap. However, once you gain a year of experience you should find a company who values you as an asset and want to see your continued involvement long term.
Management is very difficult to gauge. As my managers were very detached and gave no reasons for their actions. You have many layers of management – more... as well so the manager that affects your pay never really knows your contributions.
The best description about the managerial and work atmosphere is body climbers. – less
Good company but just not what I am looking for
Tax Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2014
A typical day at work during busy season is very long hours but outside of busy season, it has been very light work. Everyone tends to let you work on your own, at least in my group, and nobody micromanages. Co-workers are nice and somewhat helpful when I have questions. The hardest part of my job right now is learning international rules and busy season – more... hours. The most enjoyable part of my job has been the flexibility. – less
A productive and exciting place towork
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDOctober 4, 2014
Pros: relaxed but professional atmoshpere
Cons: when division closed due to 911 tradegy
Coordination of daily activities
Conference coordination, project management skills, staff deployment.
Great Management
Coordinating the office move
Meeting new people from other KPMG regions
Work Hard/Play Hard Culture
Director (since October 2013) (Current Employee), Albany, NYOctober 3, 2014
Pros: new skills, experiences, never boring, career advancement, compensation
Cons: no work/life balance and stressful assignments and expectations
Career advancement and opportunities for new experiences and aquisition of new skills is incredible, but requires personal sacrafice of time. Compensation in Albany market is great at the management level. Expectations are very high and responsibilities are vast.
Top 5 accounting firm
Travel & Expense Auditor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2014
Very busy. I learned currency exchanges and the art of working with partners' money. Management was tight, and coworkers were alright. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the heavy email correspondence. The most enjoyable part was the researching aspects.
Productive workplace with numerous learning opportunities
Audit Corporate Management Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 30, 2014
Working for KPMG helped me grow. Everyday was a chance to learn something new. Teamwork is crucial to your success, and every team that I had the privilege of working with was phenomenal. My internship gave me a chance to do the work that I will be doing in my career.
IN KPMG
Audit Assistant Manager (Current Employee), BahrainSeptember 30, 2014
It is very comfortable working in KPMG. The environment and culture in which we work is very motivating. your bosses always helps you as and when required. Everyone is professionally qualified and is of the best knowledge. I have gained a lot from KPMG and whatever I am is all because of this name.
Good place to work.
Project Scheduler (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 26, 2014
Great staff. The management team is very supportive. This company offers a variety of benefits, and even some perks not offered at a lot of firms.
A great company to work for
Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits, employees were important to them
Cons: can't think of any
KPMG is an amazing company. Using professional business policies and practices. Admired them for that. Nice place to work and to grow. Lots of opportunities.
Director, Head of Compliance (Current Employee), Woodcliff Lake, NJSeptember 20, 2014
I have been with KPMG for over 20 years and it has provided opportunities throughout my career and value work life balance.
great opportunity
Audit Manager (Former Employee), costa mesa, caSeptember 18, 2014
if you are willing to work hard, the opportunity within KPMG and after leaving is hard to match
Great
Associatein Regulatory Risk (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2014
Great company. I've learned a lot since working there. However, you are expected to work a lot.
Dynamic and challenging company
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Madrid, MDSeptember 12, 2014
I learnt both analytical and team skills, I consider KPMG a great school to learn how to analyze and structure information, prepare presentations and develop long-term client relationships.
Overall a very nice company
Auditor (Financial Services Sector) (Current Employee), KyivSeptember 12, 2014
Overall a very nice company
Good people
Relatively fair salary
great place to build a career
Manager, Forensic Technology (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: opportunities limited, but available, in smaller offices
Many opportunities to grow and advance.
Senior leadership is committed to open communications.

1 2 3 4 5

About KPMG

KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). – Read more