KPMG Employee Reviews

Great Learning Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 18, 2017
I was glad to work for KPMG San Francisco office to almost three year. During the three years, I have grown professionally and personally. I had the opportunity to work for in such professional firm.
Good
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 16, 2017
KPMG is a good company to work for.

Management cares about employees a lot.

Good experience for any accountant.

Various types of experience.

Good culture.
Great Culture
Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2017
Great firm to work, good people and good engagements. Must be flexible though, you may need to travel sometimes even 100%. Overall, great culture and great people.
Competitive and driven work environment
Senior Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 14, 2017
KPMG is a great place to work. In the audit department there is a variety of clients and industries that you can get exposed to. Additionally, as you work with different teams you develop skills attributes (both good and bad) from different management. Plenty of opportunities for advancement, relocation and career paths.
Awesome place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2017
Had an opportunity to meet wonderful people from all over the world. Although I was an assistant I was always treated with respect and admiration. This place made me want better for me and my family and encouraged me to advance my education and benefits included, financial reimbursement for education.
Pros
The Best Free lunches
Cons
Had to quit to attend law school
Great place with great people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2017
Once you get into work, you hit the ground running. I was given plenty of opportunities to develop and keep myself challenged. The workplace culture is very professional with a pretty flat hierarchy of reporting. Hardest part of the job is that you have to put in long hours during peak season. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you get to work with and for.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
A good place to build career
Audit Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 8, 2017
Busy pretty much all year around, but good place to build career. Will expose you to auditing a lot, and will have to learn quickly. The downside is the long busy season hours.
Fast paced environment and room for advancement
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 8, 2017
I was able to build my career while working at KPMG. There are always advancement opportunities available.
I provided administrative support to partner and management teams.
Daily responsibilities included: preparing client billings, time and expense reporting, coordinating travel, arranging meetings, compose and edit letters, memos, invoices, meeting minutes and other documents, perform research using internal and external resources, process tax returns/estimates, assist and monitor CPE compliance and CPA license/renewals, copying, scanning, create and maintain files and process mail.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation
Cons
Sometimes it is necessary to work long hours
I was a good IT consultant that they decided they did not need.
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 8, 2017
I was their for a short term; it is impossible to evaluate the company in such a short time.

Again I could not evaluate the total company.

The IT employees were very nice to me.
Pros
Complex system to learn about IT.
Cons
Unorganized
Productive Environment
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 8, 2017
Good Job to have, opens up a lot of opportunities. It builds you a solid base out of college but become more cutthroat the higher you rise. Overall a good experience.
Excellent Opportunities
Senior Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 7, 2017
Any career in public accounting is highly demanding, however KPMG has a great culture, which makes the hours a lot more bearable. There are excellent opportunities for advancement, learning, and growth.
PMO Analyst Contractor
PMO Governance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJAugust 6, 2017
KPMG is a typical consultancy firm sweatshop. You'll work a lot of hours for little recognition, especially if you are a contractor.

This is also the first company I've worked for in the past ten years that would not allow contractors to work from home when necessary. This became especially annoying when they closed the office two days due to inclement weather conditions and once when I needed to stay home to wait for a repairman.

If you want a resume builder this is a great company. If you want work /life balance my suggestion is to keep looking.
Pros
Challenging work. Nice coworkers
Cons
Long hours. No growth track.
Ultimately Disappointing
Senior Associate - GMS (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2017
While KPMG is a great first job to have on your resume, if you stay too long you get sucked in and the limit to how far you can rise is pretty low. Best advice would be to get in and out in 2-5 years or you'll be stuck forever.
Cons
Bad pay, too big to be recognized properly
Excellent
Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 6, 2017
Typical 9-5

Development of Technical and Soft Skills

Management is structured yet easily accessible

Culture is friendly; creates a great learning environment
Challenging and fun at times.
Assistant to Corporate Partners (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 4, 2017
My position allowed me to grow and take initiative as much as I could handle. I mentored others in new software. I thoroughly enjoyed my responsibilitis for numerous company functions and fundraising events.
Pros
Company team building sessions
Cons
Tax time deadlines all year
Unprofessional
Senior Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
Managers are promoted who should not be promoted. High turnover. Low employee morale. Managers do not care about employee growth or training. Managers avoid answering questions in order to appear busy and valuable, when in fact they are not and just do not know how to help.
Good Place to Learn
Engagement Manager - Management Consulting (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 3, 2017
Good company, very smart people. Excellent benefits and overall work life balance. Well managed firm overall. Lots of opportunity if you want to learn.
Fun learning experience
Business Analyst and Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJAugust 2, 2017
a place which gives a lot of opportunities to explore your verticals,
Take ownership
Learn new things
Project Management opportunities are high
Workplace culture is good
Morose Atmosphere
WEB SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJAugust 2, 2017
As a contractor, most of the people were courteous to us, but employees as a whole were unresponsive to communication and seemed unhappy. The facility was antiquated and drab. Working conditions were cramped. Management was efficient but remote.
Ambiente de trabajo enfocado en mejorar constantemente
Audit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dominican RepublicAugust 1, 2017
Caracterízado por el profesionalismo y trabajo en equipo con el objetivo de crecer cada dia y brindar un mejor servcicio a nuestros clientes.
Pros
Seguro medico
Cons
Salidas muy tardes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.