KPMG

KPMG Employer Reviews

Productive and innovative
Director of Market Services for the Mid-Atlantic (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: competative salary, fulfilling, challenging, family friendly
Involvement in all aspects of market services including IT, marketing, internal sales and project management. Job function included teamwork from all members. Project management functions were challenging and fulfilling.
Great Place to work
Sr. QA Tester (Current Employee), Montvale, NJFebruary 22, 2015
I love this company. Very friendly atmosphere. Very well organised in project. Everyone has professional manner and helpful mind.
Friendly Place
Research Associate – Independence Group (Current Employee), Montvale, NJFebruary 22, 2015
• Serve as a primary contact for personal independence matters reported in the U.S. firm
• Review independence violations, exercise judgment in applying firm & SEC policy, and communicate findings to Ethics & Compliance
• Manage the independence violations mailbox, archive historical memos and miscellaneous correspondences
Fun
Senior Audit Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2015
Colleagues are great as everyone is your age in the associate and senior associate roles. Hours can be long but it is worth it for your career
Great colleagues,good for gaining experience and brand name
HR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), NJFebruary 17, 2015
Good place to work. People are friendly and knowledgeable. The benefits are good and the pay is competitive. Challenging to work in groups remotely as it impedes communication and trust
Advisory firm
Extern (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 17, 2015
Firm provides plenty of personal time and drives for a strong work/life balance. Lots of information given to students. Recruiting process is long and difficult.
Does this company still exist
Office Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 17, 2015
I learned a lot from this job, only because of the manager I worked for. I’m not sure the company even exists anymore, however at the time of my employment, there were many training programs that were beneficial.
Job for the single person
Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great experience, learning and benefits
Cons: long hours, mediocre pay, detached uncaring management
KPMG has a lot of pros and cons. I learned a great deal while I was there and enjoyed it. However, it is a job for some one who is single. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. They work you like a dog, the pay isn't great but they do have nice benefits. I was an experienced hire so It was a bit different for me than some one coming straight out of college. I got shuffled around a lot and my PML was completely detached and showed no interest in my success or failure. Had the company show more interest in me and my success, I might have stayed but the company because of its complete detachment from me made me feel like trash.
Tax compliance SWEAT SHOP
Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free food/perks; flexibility of working from home on the weekends
Cons: terrible work/life balance; poor opportunities for development/growth
You can forget having any kind of social life if you work in the KPMG Dallas office and you do any type of tax compliance work. Managers are required to deliver the work on time with limited resources (e.g., no staff or limited staff) even if the client information is received late. You can expect to work 18 to 20 hour days during busy season and maybe get some sleep on the weekends if you're lucky. Some members of management work the same hours so raising the issue is preaching to the choir. The firm has programs in place for developing their people similar to other big 4 firms, however, I did not experience any type of coaching. It was sink or swim for me. The only upside to working at KPMG was the bonus and pay which isn't bad if you're willing to sacrifice having a life for money.
Good Company Overall
Advisory Associate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros:
Great group of people to work with
Management tries to satisfy your needs/ wants

Cons:
Pressure to be visible to management; ie. preferred attendance to non-mandatory events
Get in and get out!
Associate (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: resume builder
Cons: many
You're just another number that they need 80 hours a week from. Management says they care but actions are disjointed from their words. Overworked and burnt out people make long hours longer. One plus is I did learn a lot. Build your resume and get out.
Consulting i
IT Advisory Services, Sr. Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2015
I worked on a local client my entire time at the company, so didn't really feel like I worked in consulting. My time there was great. However, at the time KPMG one had one client for the type of work I was focused on, ITSM. Since I left the company has aggressively beefed up this area of concentration. And is now becoming known in the industry for this work. Given that they have recruited the best from the other consulting firms, they are sure to do well.
KPMG needs a reminder in company values.
Administrative Support (Former Employee), New York CityJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: poor middle management
I thought the department I worked in was professional
except for a few of them.

They need a reminder of what the company values are.
Productive and fun place to work
Office Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Keeping Order in the Office with hard work ethnic and Team player
Horror story of corporate America
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2015
The pay and benefits are good the work is challenging but the company culture is cut throat and very political watch your back
Fun workplace
DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2015
I would receive calls about customers having issues with their laptops or desktops and I would guide them over the phone on how to fix their issue.
Great Career Experience
Associate Director of NDPPS (Current Employee), ChicagoJanuary 17, 2015
I developed strong relationships and built some strong teams.
Productive and challenging place to work
Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Montvale, NJJanuary 16, 2015
KPMG has very professional attitude toward work and its good to see people following that behavior. To lighten up load of work, we get to involve in fun activities that rejuvenates to take on new challenges.
nothing much to say about KPMG
Senior Records Representative (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: big bonus
Cons: short breaks, no time off
I enjoyed my job at KPMG, my job was located in Downtown Detroit.
Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Firm provides plenty of personal time and drives for a strong work/life balance

1 2 3 4 5

About KPMG

KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). – Read more