KPMG

KPMG Employer Reviews

Fulfilled Big 4 Stereotype
Advisory Associate (Current Employee), St. LouisDecember 11, 2014
Pros: vacation & benefits
Cons: hours & culture
KPMG has a lot of great perks. As an associate, I came in with 25 days of vacation, a great salary, and the ability to work from home if I needed to. However, they expect you to sell your soul. EVERYONE here drinks the Kool-Aid and they all love it. There are 4 - 5 months of the year where people are required work a minimum of 55 chargeable hours each – more... week (checking email/travel/etc. doesn't count) and no one blinks an eye. Everyone here is your stereotypical white collar, frat boy/sorority girl jerk, and if you don't have the same Type A love of sports, getting white-girl wasted, and working your life away, you won't fit in. It's worse than being in high school. I cannot wait to get out. – less
Excellent environment
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Denville, NJDecember 9, 2014
Pros: constant flow of work
Cons: temporary contract assignment
Job was very easy, very specific and to the point. Excellent atmosphere. I learned a lot of skills.
Productive, charged high energy work place with brilliant co workers
Senior Business Analyst (contract) (Current Employee), Basking Ridge, NJDecember 8, 2014
Pros: worked with brilliant people, learned a lot
Cons: --
Great place to work. Good management, worked with some brilliant and wonderful people. Culture promotes learning, sharing knowledge and helping each other be successful.

Hardest part of the job was handling multiple projects and dealing with stressful timelines and high pressure during product releases.

Most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with – more... workplace challenges, solving problems and collaborating with other brilliant coworkers and coming up with great solutions. – less
Excellent to start your career
Audit Manager (Current Employee), San Juan, PRDecember 2, 2014
Pros: benefits, employees, knowledge, training, clients portfolio
Cons: work life balance
This is a great company to start your career. The knowledge acquired in the past few years has been tremendous and have learned specifics from banking and insurance industries. The hardest part of the job is the work life balance.
High Performance Culture
IES Tax Senior Associate (Former Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 2, 2014
I worked in 3 out of the Big 4 accounting firms. The work is pretty much the same, but the business model and culture could be quite different. From all the Big 4 KPMG is the smallest and in my opinion with "best work/life balance" possible. If you are looking for a Big 4 experience and you are managing family, try KPMG. Nothing wrong with the other – more... firms, as they are all leaders in audit, tax and advisory. – less
Work here and you are winning!
- (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: culture, professionalism, work experience, management
Cons: long hours at times
My experience at KPMG was stellar. The partners are charming and professional. They treat all levels of employees with respect. Great team environment. Engaging work with plenty of opportunity to try new types of projects.

You are expected to perform and do it well. There is training to help you achieve success. Mentors will help guide you.
New office in Chicago but too much space contraints
Tax Senior (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2014
Pros: young team
Cons: team lacks experience and does not allow new ideas from new people
Most team started their career in the firm hence they value their ideas and does not respect new ideas. There was almost 70% attrition rate for people who have joined at experienced level indicates that stand.
Excellent employer
Senior Associate, Economic and Valuation Services (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 17, 2014
Excellent employer and wonderful company to work for; incredible learning opportunities and brilliant colleagues.
Seasonal, contract employment
National Senior Recruiter (contract) (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 17, 2014
KPMG's corporate culture is one of the best that I have encountered.
It is collaborative, professional, respectful.
I truly enjoy working with my colleagues.
Hard work
Director (Former Employee), McLean, VANovember 16, 2014
Pros: great health benefits
Cons: long hours
I was in the business support unit. It is typical work of any Big 4. Nice colleagues make it all worth while.
Good employer
Audit Senior (Former Employee), VietnamNovember 11, 2014
Very challenging working environment yet a lot of fun. A place where a lot of things to learn and the experiences are wonderful
Quality people working as a team
Audit Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2014
Pros: broad learning opportunities from numerous experienced people
Cons: bureaucratic obstacles to innovative advancement
A typical day at KPMG involves meeting with colleagues from across the country via telephone, to discuss latest correspondence with clients to determine pressing action items. I have learned strategies for streamlining processes, and developing and testing internal controls. Management is adept at prioritizing critical events from "white noise". My – more... co-workers have a diverse background in auditing, accounting and consulting. The hardest part of my job is harnessing the tools KPMG has provided, for when the timing is right for our massive Department of Defense client. The most enjoyable part of my job is the recognition for the speed of the incredible advancement of project milestones. – less
Lots of work
Federal Tax Intern (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 10, 2014
But you learn so much and you have teams of brilliant people!
Senior Associate (Current Employee), UndisclosedNovember 7, 2014
Mostly staff augmentation type roles
Difficult to move out from one account to another
Salaries are not competitive
Senior Auditor
Senior, In-Charge Auditor (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 6, 2014
Great learning experience. Good morale and team building experiences with peers.
Good Benefits
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: compensation
Great Benefits, good location, not a lot of room for growth.
Windows 7 Migration Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 1, 2014
I worked as a Technician where I installed cable boxes, modems, and internet
Like any other of the big 4
Director Advisory Services (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 29, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: dificult to get engaged in solution delivery to clients
Good company to work for if you are looking for salary and benefits.
Hypocrite behavior regarding ethical, code of conduct and other.
Better suited for business development focused professionals than technical delivery focused ones.
Efficient and Supportive
Coordinator, Recruiting (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 27, 2014
Efficient and supportive environment trying to bring the best of recruiting to the firm. Recruiting is a hard-working and determined environment with high expectations. A highly efficient organization with great output.
NA
just another overworked employee (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits, flexable work schedule
Cons: slowly becoming a nightmare employer to work for!
My how things have changed! Nothing like the office I first started at. Unless you're one of the "golden" you are brushed outside, forgotten about, frowned upon, ...

Don't waste your time here!

1 2 3 4 5

About KPMG

KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). – Read more