KPMG
1,109 reviews

KPMG Employee Reviews

Excellent place to build your career
Managing Director, Economic and Valuation Services (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 26, 2015
Great people with lots of different skills -- audit, tax, and advisory. Great culture to collaborate with each other to function as a one firm.
Revolving door
IT Help Desk (Current Employee), Montvale, NJJune 26, 2015
Revolving door Revolving door Revolving door Revolving door Revolving door Revolving door Revolving door Revolving door
Fun
Full-Time Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 23, 2015
Fun environment. people very friendly. 9-6 hours during my winter internship. Seems like they treated people very well.
Great place to start your career
Audit Assoicate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 18, 2015
Pros: Learning experience
Cons: long hours
Great place to start your career, typical Big 4 firm, not any different from the other firms. Has a great team atmosphere, yet top talent seems to leave quickly as growth can be attained elsewhere.
Great place to start your career
Senior Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 16, 2015
I started out at KPMG as an intern, mainly performing recovery audits for large software companies, which was also my main responsibility when I began full-time. After two years of working to build my skillset, my network and my overall experience across the functions of the firm (i.e. Audit, Advisory), I am viewed as a young leader within our service line and was promoted to Senior Associate.
Fun Workplace
Inter-Office Notes Accountant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 16, 2015
Pros: Entry level position - learned a lot
Cons: Commute
 Ensured proper coding of accounts for current and prior year.
 Team Lead responsible for processing and maintaining directory accounts payable; prepared expense invoices; monthly preparation of journal entries for input into general ledger system.

 Prepared monthly reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts and process sub-ledger reports for specific account reconciliation.
 Month end responsibilities including accruals, journal entries (recurring and standard), recording sub-ledger reports for journal entries
Decent growth, but very political organization.
Manager, Tax (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJune 13, 2015
KPMG is a good place to start a career, but long-term it is difficult to pull ahead and develop your own practice. Salaries are competitive, but career advancement is limited if not in very large markets like New York or Washington D.C.
One of my better work experiences
Senior Administrative Assistant - C-Level (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 10, 2015
While never perfect - KPMG has a good work environment, and is striving for an all around "inviting" work experience if you will. One that is comfortable to work in, enjoyable to be in when you are there, and that you look forward to going to. Of course there are stresses, some days worse than others, but then that wouldn't be work lol...overall it is a great place to work and I would welcome the chance to go back.
KPMG company review
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), MinneapolisJune 6, 2015
Pros: Free catered events
Cons: very long work hours
Great company to work for if your passion is in accounting or if your tax attorney looking to work in a challenging environment.
Challenging, Independence, Change Management
Sr. Legal Analyst/Management, Risk (Current Employee), CaliforniaJune 5, 2015
Pros: Independence
Cons: No comment
Handle legal reqirements/risk management.
Very independent, fluid work environment.
Good teamwork.
Easy going environment.
It is reputable brand name
Associate / Team Lead (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 2, 2015
Pros: Free Happy Hours
Cons: During busy season we work crazy hours
In a small span of time you get to learn alot.
There is steady growth
One will have the experience to work with people from alot of different cultures.
One will gain a diverfied experience.
The company encourage us to invest our time in career growth.
The company encourages us to spend out time in social and community work.
Pros and cons for working with KPMG
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 30, 2015
The training program at KPMG is phenomenal. Every year they provide us with the tools we need to conduct an efficient audit. Typical hours for a senior associate during a non-busy season range from 45-55 hours. Busy season hours range from 50-90 hours. The hardest part of the job, is maintaining a healthy work life balance. Movement within the company is an option, but difficult to achieve. The employees of KPMG are amazing people to work with! Everyone is friendly and has a strong work ethic. The training provided makes KPMG an idealistic place to start your career. The work life balance makes it a difficult place to continue your personal life.
Good environment for career development and growth but poor work life balance
IT Risk consultant (Current Employee), LagosMay 28, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Poor work life balance
KPMG is a place that challenges you intellectually to bring out the best potentials as a professional.
The learning curve is very steep (i.e. you learn a whole lot within a short period of time) and this makes you a lot more equipped when on an engagement.
Career growth and advancements are strictly based on merit.
We operate an open door management policy (i.e. management transparency).
The co-workers are very bright and innovative (apparently KPMG recruits only the best and brightest) and this inspires you to push yourself to greater heights.
The hardest part of the job is working with tight deadlines which makes it almost unbearable (i.e. working late nights and even weekends at times) which eradicates work-life balance.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfactory feeling of a job well done even under unfavorable conditions and the recognition of excellence attached to your career.
Intensive mundane.
Senior Assocciate (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 24, 2015
Cons: Intensive mundane.
The work is intensively mundane, perhaps it is just my line of work. It is routinely, intensely mundane, capturing and numbing your prefrontal cortex 12 hours a day blinding and deluding you from your personal goals and aspirations.
Great Place to Start your Career
Senior Associate - Audit (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2015
KPMG is a great stepping stone to a future career. They provide you with the skills necessary to assist clients with their need, as well as inspire growth for their employees.
Dog eat dog
EVS Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Dinner at work is paid for.
Cons: Hours, management
Simply put, long hours. Long enough to dwindle away the benefits of a good salary. Management are generally out for themselves not for grooming associates. Senior associates are just swamped all the time.You will get great experience. But there'll be tons of you who'll get burned out soon.
Good experience with corporate clients
Strategy Associate (Current Employee), AtlantaMay 19, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Managing expectations
Learned the inner workings of a big four consulting firm. Consistently supported managers with their engagements in a variety of different sectors and expertise areas. The hardest part was the travel.
Nice place to work
Senior BI Tech Lead/Architect, Consultant (Current Employee), Woodcliff Lake, NJMay 18, 2015
Pros: Interegting job
Cons: Lack of coordination
there is pretty nice environment.
I really enjoy solving complex problems and coaching young colleges.
The project is really specific it required to incorporate different ERPs into unified auditing warehouse
Professional set up advanced almost all staff especially Trainees
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee), LagosMay 13, 2015
Pros: Most enviable professional set up i ever belonged to
Cons: Short Holidays
Work was done mainly at clients' offices, the main office was used for reviews and finishing work.
Support staff was very efficient.
Responsibility was based on advancement in professional exams and success was adequately rewarded.
Management was on point.
we usually looked forward to the few social gatherings we had in any working year.
Great accounting firm
Manager (Current Employee), New York NYMay 7, 2015
Good place to learn various industries and work
Nice co-workers
Flexible work environment
Could learn multiple project management

1 2 3 4 5

About KPMG

KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). – Read more

KPMG Salaries