KPMG

1.2K reviews

KPMG Employee Reviews

Very Challenging environment
Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee), Montvale, NJAugust 30, 2015
Lots of meetings and phone calls. Opportunity to work from home several days per week. Many very experienced employees with vast knowledge. Being part of a global team, I get exposure to many work cultures.
Great place to START your career
Senior Associate, Audit and Risk Advisory Services (Former Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 30, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Hours
Work hard, play hard. Big 4 is all pretty standard. The harder you work, the harder they work you...but slack off and you'll get canned.
The Worst Job Experience!
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Good salary and vacation leave
Cons: No training, job not as advertised, hostile work environment
No job training
No manager support
Hostile work environment
Poor work environment
No mentoring
Worked remotely, with no back-up support or training
Overall grade ****F
A really great place to grow and succed....
Records Representative/ Office Serv Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FlAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Everyone was always ready to lend a hand.
Cons: Having to park in the parking garage across the street.
It was really the first professional company I worked for after leaving retiring from the service. I was relatively new to the civilian work force. They welcomed me with open arms. My office manager made sure I was comfortable in my new position. The door was always open for any questions I may have had. The environment was always joyful, my co-workers were great to be around. And the company itself had so much to offer.

I really enjoyed my duties. Even when we moved from the 32nd floor to the 27th. Wow....that was a week I will never forget. Files, records, office décor.

I learned a lot about corporate America and office politics. It really made me a more experienced person.
Good place to work as an auditor
Auditor (Former Employee), C25August 11, 2015
• Solicited companies’ banks for bank certificate letter for auditing.
• Collected information about companies’ business and conducted SWOT analysis.
• Prepared call log for due diligence and telephone conferences.
great
Paraprofessional (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 11, 2015
Just getting started, but could use some guidance. Them more they expand the better. There is nothing additional I would like to add to the review regarding this company.
Hard working environment
Management Consulting, Senior Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 10, 2015
Great to work with such experienced individuals. Excellent career advancement and a great place to grow your career. Many career paths to take based on your interest.
Good place to work and get expereince.
Temporary Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2015
Overall good company to work for. You will gain a lot of insight to the financial world and tax advising experience. I enjoyed the many facets of accounting and also working with their clients.
internship
Financial Services Tax Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
internship was great. good hours. Training session was great.. get paid overtime. no weekend work. you can learn as much as you want if you want to ask
Very Good Company
Practice Administrator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2015
I've worked at this company for almost 20 years. A typical work day can be challenging since I do not know what to expect when I walk in the door. I've learned how to multitask very well at this company.

The hardest part of the job is the number of people assigned to the administrative staff.
Great team
Senior Manager, Trade and Customs Practice (Current Employee), Melville, NYAugust 2, 2015
Good company to work for. Fast paced and various clients and skills required. Great learning experience. Good skill building.
Fun place to work
Audit Associate II (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJuly 30, 2015
Great place to work however the travel was a little too much for me personally. I learned a lot working from the week long training seminars. A great place to launch your career.
Was young when I started this job but what I can remember is excellent customer service and very staright foward with their employees and customers as
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), McLean, VAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: free lunch on fridays
Cons: traffic traveling out there everyday
Wonderful environment to work in at the time, enjoy my stay there. Ceo of the company always showed the most up most respect to all the employees and costumers, tremendous stay while there.
Valuation Associate (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 29, 2015
I learned a lot about cost accounting. Management and co-workers were great. The hardest part about the job was the redundancy in the job. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people.
Great client exposure
Senior Associate (Current Employee), PhialdelphiaJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great client exposure & professional development, You also work with smart ppl that take the time to see you grow
Cons: You don't have much say on what assignments you are to be put on, You're SOL if you get assigned to a tough client.
I have mostly been in the audit practice and it really is a great place to start a career. You get plenty of client exposure in different industries. You definitely grow professionally every year.
I had a very difficult time working here
Engagement Management Coordinator Support (Former Employee), Los AngelesJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Perks
Cons: Much of everything else
This review is in regards to the EMC team.

From the first day to my last day, I suffered while working at the downtown Los Angeles location. I remember that on my first day, the first thing my boss told me while walking up to meet her was "oh Jesus Christ" for no reason at all. Well, that was a warm welcome. I was always made to feel that I was unwelcomed at the company and I am not sure why. No matter how much I put in terms of effort, I was always told some nonsense of how I could better do things. I would get stared at randomly with no effort to conceal it. I felt that some individuals were doing their best to get me fired. So much was the discomfort that I eventually had to talk with the Human Resources which led me to leaving the position.

The training was abysmal. Training was a by-product of people's schedule. If there was time on their schedule for training, then there will be training. There was no training for itself. While in training, nothing was formal or organized. You just had to shadow fellow employees which was not the best way to go about this because of the nature of the position. Absolutely no manuals were given as a reference. You had to rely on asking questions to your peers.

The company atmosphere was infected with the attitude of "I got hired here so I am awesome". Too many people had an inflated sense of themselves. Efforts were made to "prove" how they are better than you. If you made any attempt to seem intelligent about anything, this would be met with scorn. Overall, too much snootiness. Please keeps things into perspective. – more... Too many times I was told that I was just a temp here and not a real employee. Well I will do respect, but I would not classify the job as having a complex nature.

It just seemed like everyone worked there because of the perks and prestige. There was not a feel of substance to the workplace from many people. It just felt like many people worked there for the financial sustenance. This was apparent in the workplace morale and environment. This was also apparent in the effort given by employees in their work. It was also apparent from people randomly bothering you as they were not happy there. Sadly, the perks just served as a band-aid over the miserableness of everything else. – less
Nice Perks
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, surprise perks
Cons: Poor management
Enjoyed varied day to day duties. Learned new technology. Offsite Managers were not friendly or professional, whispered behind my back. Hardest part was of job was trying to stay calm while dealing with a narcissistic and rude manager. Enjoyed working with my peers at the downtown office.
instruments provided to succeed
Manager, Financial Services Advisory (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 20, 2015
very client specific. Learned a great deal from diverse clients I worked with. opportunity to meet several people and clients
culture is not that great
Advisory Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 20, 2015
company is good but people are too conservative and backstabbing. also it depends on which group you work for. engagement can be longer than expected it
Good place to start
Economic & Valuation Services - Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 20, 2015
Good client base, growing opportunities and great place to start your career, however can feel like a large company and can get lost in the shuffle
Headquarters