KPMG Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and driven workplace
TS Analyst/Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was, through our advisory services, helping clients make better business decisions. Working with a talented team of colleagues who leveraged their knowledge and expertise to meet client and firm objectives.
Pros
Great perks - bonuses, career advancement, dining, travel
Kpmg
Senior Associate Audit (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 22, 2016
KPMG is a great place to start and build a career in the accounting and business sector. I was given the chance to work on a wide variety of business opportunities that fit my needs and helped me grow.
Great place to start career .Tremendous opportunities across a variety of functions and industries
Strategic Sourcing and Operations Advisory (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 22, 2016
Good work life balance
High performance culture
Tremendous opportunities across a variety of functions and industries
Great balance between strategy and operational projects
Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2016
-Amazing coworkers
-Lots of travel
-Long Hours
-Management is a bit out of touch
-Great opportunities to advance career
-Amazing benefits and good pay
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel
Fun workplace with great people
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2016
My typical day at work is handling tax compliance one d at to day basis for clients. I provide client service and am client facing delivering our projects face to face. I manage four people and provide a liaison from staff to management.
This job was so rwarding in many ways
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2016
This job is so rewarding. No matter how difficult your day is you know that you helped make a difference in peoples lives. The are also strong advocates of education. unfortunately your job depended on budgeting every year so it didn't offer job security.
good company
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  NJAugust 4, 2016
good company to work for kpmg, very good management good colleagues good friendly people are around good value system reasonable deadline
Good Starting Job
Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 29, 2016
Good place to get some experience and determine what path your career should move towards. Great people to work with but long, hard busy seasons (like most other firms)
Not at the level of other Big 4s
Associate Audit Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 24, 2016
Decent work environment. Coming from Deloitte, there was higher expectations. Great experience, good learning. Very flexible working conditions. People were friendly and welcoming, however, they could be better.
Contractor recruiter at KPMG
Senior Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2016
Great contract, great company and great people! I would definitely go back if given the opportunity. Fast-paced environment with high expectations in a collaborative work environment. Worked with some of the smartest and most driven individuals in the country.
Pros
Hourly rate and remote work
Fairly good place
Audit Staff (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2016
Overall not a bad place to start your career. I worked in Audit and it was just not for me, but the culture is nice. I would recommend this place.
working environment
Director of Administration (Former Employee) –  GreeceJuly 12, 2016
Enjoyed working on various projects at the same time with my team of 8 staff members.

Enjoyed the fact that everyday was different and not able to schedule my workload, etc.

One thing that I learned while working at KPMG was to be able to negotiate properly.

The hardest thing about working at KPMG was dealing with negative attitudes when trying to complete a project within the deadline.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Staff not trained properly
Overall Good
Risk Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2016
Great firm, interesting work, good training, leading management consulting firm takes care of their employees. good corporate culture and competitive benefits.
Pros
Vacation days
Very much Productive work
Business Objects Developer (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 11, 2016
KPMG is a professional service company, being one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, EY and PwC.
Very much Productive work.
Friendly co-workers.
Work pressure is very high.
Pros
High Pay
Cons
High work
Great place to start my career
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2016
I could not have asked for a better place to start my career in financial services. A typical day at work consisted of being around people just like myself who like to have fun, learn and engage in challenging projects on a daily basis. It is the planet fitness of the professional realm in the sense that it is a judgment-free zone. Despite the fact that the busy season is a strenuous cycle, you mature and develop in a regimented fashion that all your peers facilitate and understand. The most difficult part of the job is learning on the fly but this is what sets those who excel apart from those that coast. Leveraging resources when needed and client relationships are taught at an early stage in life and individuals are exposed to situations that are incomparable elsewhere straight out of college.
Pros
Free lunches, PTO, great people, great trainings
Cons
busy season, pay
Great training ground for new accountants
Senior Associate & Business Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 7, 2016
Fun place to work, although it was a lot of hours during busy season. Easier to handle the work when your single, not so much fun when you have a family.
Great place to launch your career even if your are not going to stay in public accounting.
Pros
Great people to work with, good training
Cons
Great place to start a career
Audit Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2016
KPMG offers young professionals an incredible learning opportunity to see first hand how some of the largest companies in the world work and operate. The knowledge garnered is invaluable and KPMG will provide you with the tools needed to succeed inside or outside of public accounting.
Pros
Great learning and training, young work force
Cons
Work-life balance
KPMG EO was an acceptable workplace.
Manager, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJJuly 1, 2016
* A typical day at work was primarily design, develop, test and deploy; then move on.
* What I learned was garnered mostly from co-workers. Off and onsite professional development was meager and of poor quality.
* Most managers were technically challenged and suspicious of the people they managed. Their decisions seemed mostly to be driven from up the chain and were arbitrary. They mostly managed projects first and people second. Therefore advancement and compensation raises were slow, with many years of no advancement nor increased compensation. In my 23 years at KPMG, I was fortunate to work under one individual who was an exception. He was highly intelligent, a great listener, relied on my judgement, was forward thinking and proactive in his planning and execution, and cared deeply for his people and their situations. I sincerely miss him.
* My co-workers were competent and hard working. Relationships reached beyond the workplace.
* The hardest part of the job was dealing with the partnership component of the structure. Partners were, in general, self-involved, uninspiring, arbitrary, and unfair. Benefits were expensive, 401K matching was nominal. We rarely saw any Partners. Partners (CPAs) referred to us as "non-professionals".
* The most enjoyable part of my job was being involved with my own projects as well as working in parallel with my peers whose expertise was commonly and easily shared. I benefited greatly from my close-knit peer group.
Pros
It was an interesting job with a cohesive team feeling.
Cons
IT Department was outsourced. Management evaluations seemed arbitrary.
Work Life Balance
Associate - IT Audit & Assurance (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 29, 2016
Horrible work life balance. Management does not care about you or your personal wellbeing. They just needs the job to be done, that's it
Great Place to Build Your Career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAJune 22, 2016
As per the KPMG tag line, this place really is a great place to build your career. You'll meet some of the finest people and teams to work with and learn a great deal within the first 4 years or up until you are a manager.
Cons
Management does not have a proper vision of where the practice is headed.