KPMG Employee Reviews

Good Experience for a starter
Audit Associate, Banking - Financial Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2017
Working at KPMG definitely you can learn a lot, KPMG has great training program.

However, the culture each team is very different.
Work-life balance is a big challenge.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Senior Associate, Deal Advisory (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the my role at KPMG is the availability of research tools and accounting / finance resources. This allows me and my teams to be one step ahead of the compettion and the client.
Pros
Research tools
Cons
Traveling is 90%
Great Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lagos StateSeptember 19, 2017
KPMG is a great place to work especially if you are looking for an opportunity to build lasting and competitive skills in your chosen field. You are also likely to have more depth than your contemporaries.
Long-hours, stressful, but great people
Audit Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 18, 2017
KPMG is a great place to build your career. I loved the people I worked with and the work I did, but burnout is real due to long hours and a high stress environment.
Pros
Great people, excellent PTO and sabbatical program
Cons
Long hours and very stressful environment
Competitive, fast-paced environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Typical day at work was fast-paced, challenging, learned alot, so/so benefits, good pto, ok salary because of the long hours, but worked with nice people.
Learning environment and challenging problems
Global Mobility Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 18, 2017
The hardest part of the job was busy season and the long hours that accompanied that. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a team that accomplished great things and progressed in the industry.
Pros
Steady job, learning opportunities
Cons
Long hours and multiple managers to report to
Deskside Support Services
Deskside Support Services (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2017
Temporally position for 3 moths but not a challenged position. A lot of free time and routine job. It is no technical role and very centralized job with Philadelphia at the headquarter. great place to work.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
no challenge and routine position
Good Professional Service Firm
SENIOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 17, 2017
Company is serious about work life balance. Provide good training, social network. Pay is generally lower compared to corporate employee unless you are high level management.
Working environment is fun. You work with similar people so easy to get a long.
Terrible place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 15, 2017
I would not recommend this employer. Nepotism, poor wages, incompetent management, employees are expected to go to company functions on their time off.
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environment
Busy
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Work days were very busy. Position seems a bit overloaded with tasks but that was solved once additional staff was hired. The Company offered great benefits and salary. Although, the "family style" work place was a little overwhelming for me. Otherwise it was a very good place to work.
Productive and fun place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 13, 2017
Enjoyed my time with this company. My position as office manager was eliminated. This is an accounting firm, and I was not an accountant. I have been unemployed from this company for 25+ years and cannot talk to today's culture.
Good Company
Senior Associate, Experienced Hire Recruiting (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Very long hours and strict environment. The management was good but the customer base was a little difficult to work with. This is definitely not a relaxed environment
Friendly Atmosphere
Job Shadow (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2017
Friendly Environment. Great place to work for people who major in Accounting, Marketing, Business, etc. The company offers lots of benefits and paid time off.
Great Comapny
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 12, 2017
This is a great company to work for the office environment is non-stressful and the work hours are great. There are many opportunities for growth if you have experience in the consulting industry.
Competitive work environment and fast pace learning
SAP HANA & BI Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJSeptember 12, 2017
I have worked almost more than 1 year in KPMG US development center and enjoyed my stay. The environment is technically competitive with guidance and support from Management. there is flexibility in terms of timings.
Quick-paced environment, Many clients to adapt to
Senior Legal Auditor - Salustro-Reydel SA (Former Employee) –  ParisSeptember 12, 2017
A typical day of work would be:
- during missions, review financial documentation and bookkeeping of clients. Interview teams and the management to assess risks and the accuracy of bookkeeping.
- while at the office, write reports on the potential improvements highlighted and submit them to my management.

I learned to work fast with many different people. I learned about how to conduct a legal audit within different companies.
Pros
See many different companies, work with young people
Cons
hard work on tasks sometimes repetitive but mandatory
Besides the long hours, a perfect place to work
Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2017
I learned so much and worked closely with top leadership right from day one. The partners that I worked with were very approachable and quite helpful. The projects were exciting and we were given plenty of opportunities to learn and gain excellent experience.

Unfortunately, the travel and long hours eventually clash with having a family and needing to be there for children's events.
Pros
Excellent Learning Opportunities, Great Projects, Very Professional Individuals
Cons
Long work hours and lots of travel
Poor Leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2017
I'm not sure how many of their leaders got to where they are today. I believe it's a case of being at the right place at the right time, luck, or a relationship. They could definitely use a good dose of leadership training.
Sometimes stress unnecessarily caused by management
Manager in IT Telecommunications Group (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJSeptember 12, 2017
Since I was there for so many years, I was allowed to work outside the box at times when my regular work was done. For, example I lead a swat team of technical experts to solve an 'unsolvable' problem with a firm-wide hoteling system that the firm was beta testing. They just couldn't get it to work properly. I did my research and resolved all the problems in one major meeting. i also saved the provider from going out of business. If KPMG had not accepted his system, they would have been finished.

In another problem, telecom was out in San Juan office during their critical tax season, and our major provider said it would take 90 days to restore. I was asked the 'impossible' to get service from another provider in one week. When I arranged it for a week later, they asked for it in 3 days. I delivered.

The week of the KPMG Albany office relocation, when all was set to go we were advised by AT&T that due to a NY state of emergency they would not be able to deliver the data service we required. I talked to a President I knew at AT&T, from my work at ABC and he obtained the service on-time for the office relocation in-spite of the state of emergency. I was able to advise that the circuits/hardware were immediately available via my research. They simply had to plug in and program.

This was in addition to my regular work in telecommunications billing, and telecommunications voice project management.

I enjoyed being allowed to sometimes step outside the box to do very important, critical firm-wide work that was not in my job description. The firm management had considerable
  more... confidence in my abilities.  less
Pros
Going far beyond my job description.
Cons
Some poor managers had to live with from time-to-time.
Great place to be a part of.
Business Process & Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2017
I love working in this inspiring and challenging environment but I also love growth and I like to ensure that I seek new opportunities and keep myself marketable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.