KPMG Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and competitive workplace
Tax Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
KPMG is a great company with many opportunities. KPMG global mobility services is a very fast paced team. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interface with clients and that every day is different. I learned how to effectively manage my time and work load when working on two clients, with numerous managers.
Pros
Great location, nice perks, nice people
Cons
Very hierarchical, very process driven
Heavy Workloads, Opportunities mainly for Practice people not Operations
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 23, 2016
Typical day is trying to get all your work done and manage clients evenly. Prioritization is a must due to heavy workloads. The people are nice. Overall fairness across practices needs to be better, especially with the operations/administration groups. Work/life balance could use improvement with flexible hours and working from home some days if needed.
Relax and friendly environment. A pleasure to have worked there.
Engagement Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 24, 2016
Report to work at 7am, started computer to review work requests, projects for the day, review deadlines, prioritize, respond and print reports to be distributed to management.

I learned a lot about tax accounting and schedules.

Schedule and setup events. Co-workers were an extension of my family. We still keep in touch.

Keeping up with the daily changes and revisions for Tax Laws and regulations and when and where to apply them.

Traveling to between our four locations an building relationships with the members of those offices.
Pros
Travel and Community Services
Cons
Minimal Personal Contact with Clients
Unfavorable for Administrative Assistant Role
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 29, 2016
KPMG is not a forward thinking, career nurturing company for administrative assistants. The pay is not comparable with the current market and the environment is very negative for administrative assistant roles. There is no room for advancement and advancement is discouraged.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
negative environment, no room for advancement, sub-par health benefits.
Good place to work, Solid training program, build skills that will reused in your future roles within your career
Audit Senior/Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 29, 2016
Good place to work, training and development of staff a key focus, provides diverse industry exposure, good technical leaders
Pros
Builds long term skills, drives behaviour to respect deadlines, develops you technically
Great place to begin a career
Operations Services Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2016
Started at the bottom and worked hard to get further advancement. Spent my first 6 years under horrible management (3 different managers) before receiving a manager that was actually great. That was when I was able to finally receive the advancement and appreciation that was overdue and well deserved. Fantastic benefits with the company and my team felt like my second family. I would not have left the company had it not been due to me relocating to a state without a branch that I could transfer to.
Rapid growth
Consultant (Former Employee) –  QatarFebruary 27, 2016
Despite the long hours and low salary, KPMG has been an experience that I will always remember positively. There is a true sense of a team or rather a family. Every person is willing to give each other some time to help. When I joined as a fresh graduate, I saw a group of people who only see the potential in me and try to help me realize it. I love KPMG.
Pros
flexible hours, Team work, Friendly
Cons
low salary, long working hours
Highly Independent Work Environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2016
- Non micro-management environment
- Working independently and individually throughout the week
- Not much of a team-work environment'
- Very structured and streamlined growth prospects
Pros
Independent work, not micro-management environment
Cons
Not a team environment, overly independent work at times
Great firm. Smart people.
Management Consulting, Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 10, 2016
The consulting practice is growing fast and that's reflected in the talent and tools KPMG is investing in. Travel is necessary every week. Typical model is Monday through Thursday at a client site. Work life balance is manageable but difficult for for practitioners with families.
Great Place to Build Your Career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAJune 22, 2016
As per the KPMG tag line, this place really is a great place to build your career. You'll meet some of the finest people and teams to work with and learn a great deal within the first 4 years or up until you are a manager.
Cons
Management does not have a proper vision of where the practice is headed.
Developing and demanding workplace
Governance Risk & Compliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stockholm, MEMarch 12, 2016
A highly demanding workplace but a developing one as well.
Work life balance was not something that was more than a buzz word.

Co-workers could be both good and bad, some supportive but many very competitive.
Pros
Good professional experience
Cons
No work life balance and competitive environment
Productive, Promotes personal growth and development
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2016
Productive, Promotes personal growth and development. Great place for advancement and career development. Free coffee is definitely a plus. Most practices are populated with warm, friendly, and approachable staff other, not so much.
Great pay!!!! For someone who don't want a family!
senior auditor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2016
Worked at KCMO office for 12 years, the work hours aren't good, the benefits are horrible, the pay is awesome! They are a propaganda/brainwashing company that constantly tells employees lies!
If you ever plan on having a family or husband this is not the place to be! I recently quit and applied at another job doing same work, ex let more pay, and better management!!!!

DONT BELIEVE THE PROPAGANDA OR THE BRAINWASHING!!!!
KPMG IS NOT A FAMILY FRIENDLY WORKPLACE!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Very good place to work, Stayed there for 12 years, and retired
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 12, 2016
Scheduled appointments at front office, answered busy phones, spent 80% of my time on Computer, Scheduling Mammograms and other test for Research Clinic. Lots on interacting with public, maintain files, faxing, coping, ordering office supplies as well as any and all clerical duties that was required to keep office running smooth.
Pros
Good Benefits and dealing with public
Cons
Fast paste dealing with lots of people.
rooms for opportunities to grow
State and Local Tax (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2016
They have very good corporate culture there. Everyone is friendly, approachable, and very smart. They are young and ambitious people, strive for the best. I have had many insightful conversations as an intern. They care about you and your career. The same thing holds for management too, especially the partners. They are motivations for employees at work indeed!
As an intern, I can't tell is there is anything hard at all. But there is a lot of things to learn. So prepare to take initiative and work long hours. Otherwise, if you don't approach people, they won't give you work. Everyone is busy so you must show your presence.
The most enjoyable part is to work with someone you like!
Pros
free lunches, lots of food, structured training, planned activities for interns, works with many teams
Cons
long working hours
Worldwide Strength in Financial Services and Business Solution
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Pacific, MOJanuary 18, 2016
Not too shabby. Plenty of opportunities to travel and to learn from the various practices and cultures of each country to give winning client solutions. Excellent infrastructure support. Great team culture. An intelligence led and cross-stimulating company culture.
Pros
No time to worry about personal life
Cons
No free lunches
Acquired and satisfied
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2016
I worked for a small company that was acquired by KPMG. The company I worked for sprung the acquisition on us, so we didn't have a ton of time to accept the change and take it all in. But I've worked for KPMG for two years now, and overall it's been good. The benefits are fantastic. Maternity leave is wonderful. The people are mostly good and mean well. There are some people in management positions that are clueless and don't need to be here. But overall, it's been a good experience. Biggest down side is Atlanta traffic. :(
Productive place to work.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 14, 2016
Good place to work for growth in the financial world. Free training and free food a lot when they have training classes. The work is a challenge. Promote health. Never bored.
Pros
Free training and food.
Cons
Must have degrees to get into the company.
Great culture.
Administrative Assistant - Audit (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 21, 2016
KPMG sets high standards of performance and ethics while maintaining an enjoyable work environment. You are encouraged to show your individuality, strengths and weaknesses in order to build and be a part of a strong, productive team.
Great Place to Build a Career
Senior Associate, Real Estate Tax (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2016
KPMG is a great place for anyone right out of college to build a solid foundation for the rest of their career. They have incredible resources and training opportunities to ensure you are continually growing as a professional.