KPMG Employee Reviews

rooms for opportunities to grow
State and Local Tax (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2016
They have very good corporate culture there. Everyone is friendly, approachable, and very smart. They are young and ambitious people, strive for the best. I have had many insightful conversations as an intern. They care about you and your career. The same thing holds for management too, especially the partners. They are motivations for employees at work indeed!
As an intern, I can't tell is there is anything hard at all. But there is a lot of things to learn. So prepare to take initiative and work long hours. Otherwise, if you don't approach people, they won't give you work. Everyone is busy so you must show your presence.
The most enjoyable part is to work with someone you like!
Pros
free lunches, lots of food, structured training, planned activities for interns, works with many teams
Cons
long working hours
Great place to work!
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 21, 2016
Definetly KPMG is probably the best big 4 accounting firm to work for. The work environment is very friendly and the salaries and benefits are incredible. The firm provides you all the tools to become a great profesional. If you want a great personal and profesional experience while making a lot of money, this firm is the place.
Worldwide Strength in Financial Services and Business Solution
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Pacific, MOJanuary 18, 2016
Not too shabby. Plenty of opportunities to travel and to learn from the various practices and cultures of each country to give winning client solutions. Excellent infrastructure support. Great team culture. An intelligence led and cross-stimulating company culture.
Pros
No time to worry about personal life
Cons
No free lunches
Great pay!!!! For someone who don't want a family!
senior auditor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2016
Worked at KCMO office for 12 years, the work hours aren't good, the benefits are horrible, the pay is awesome! They are a propaganda/brainwashing company that constantly tells employees lies!
If you ever plan on having a family or husband this is not the place to be! I recently quit and applied at another job doing same work, ex let more pay, and better management!!!!

DONT BELIEVE THE PROPAGANDA OR THE BRAINWASHING!!!!
KPMG IS NOT A FAMILY FRIENDLY WORKPLACE!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Employer of Choice
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJJanuary 15, 2016
KPMG is an amazing firm, endless possibilities, growth opportunities, leadership support, excellent at sourcing the best talent
Very good place to work, Stayed there for 12 years, and retired
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 12, 2016
Scheduled appointments at front office, answered busy phones, spent 80% of my time on Computer, Scheduling Mammograms and other test for Research Clinic. Lots on interacting with public, maintain files, faxing, coping, ordering office supplies as well as any and all clerical duties that was required to keep office running smooth.
Pros
Good Benefits and dealing with public
Cons
Fast paste dealing with lots of people.
Great opportunity to learn at beginning of your career
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2016
Lots of opportunities to learn about different companies but very intense hours and commitment. Great mentor program and good compensation.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Great exposure to learn about different IT environments
Advisory Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2016
Great exposure to many different IT environments but definitely no work/life balance. If you are looking to move up fast, this may be for you if you don't mind the crazy hours. The people are great which makes it a tiny bit more bearable (but not really). The work (audit engagements) is tiring and sucks the life out of you.
Acquired and satisfied
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2016
I worked for a small company that was acquired by KPMG. The company I worked for sprung the acquisition on us, so we didn't have a ton of time to accept the change and take it all in. But I've worked for KPMG for two years now, and overall it's been good. The benefits are fantastic. Maternity leave is wonderful. The people are mostly good and mean well. There are some people in management positions that are clueless and don't need to be here. But overall, it's been a good experience. Biggest down side is Atlanta traffic. :(
Professional enviroment that encourages learning
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAJanuary 2, 2016
Was a good experience and will defnitely suggest this to other job seekers. You will get good exposure to different clients and sectors

Want to know more about KPMG?

Ask a question
Good place a work, A lot to learn here.
NET Developer (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJJanuary 2, 2016
Team member very nice and help me a lot. The lead listens to every team member opinions and is always trying to make the team better.
Pros
People are nice here.Good company culture.
Cons
Not competing salary. No free lunch
Good
Software Developer in Test (Current Employee) –  New Jersey,Mont ValeDecember 26, 2015
1) Good Working Culture
2) Exposure on Tax Domain
3) Team Collaboration
4) Exposure on Performance,Automation and Penetration Testing
I Learned a Lot
Meeting Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2015
I coordinated many events with just two people and it was often very busy. I learned a lot about small to large events and completed them from start to finish.
Pros
Job security
Cons
No growth in the department
Opportunity and growth; no work life balance
Senior Audit Associate, Financial Services Group (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2015
Big company with opportunity to grow and develop. Little work-life balance depending what department you are in. Reputable firm that will help you with your career and long term goals.
Interactive and Challenging.
Internal Auditor/Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 3, 2015
KPMG allowed me to interact with various business employees and audit their companies annual financials. I learnt a lot about companies and mistakes they were making.
A great place to start your career.
Federal Advisory Associate - Risk Consultant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 1, 2015
KPMG was a great place to start my professional career. I learned to work with people to understand their systems in place, find potential holes, and explain the risks they have in place. The experience has been great and the people there are even better.
Professional work environment with growth potentional
Senior Associate, Campus Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJNovember 29, 2015
It is a team environment that is fast paced with opportunity for growth. I work a lot with confidential information and with high level executives.
I looked forward to going to work everyday.
Senior Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 29, 2015
I had a wonderful job/position. I worked for and with a very fun, and professional team and company.

It is a company that leads with integrity and by example.

KPMG had a terrific work life balance and also offered many opportunities to give back to the community.

I enjoyed meeting new people everyday and keeping in touch with all alumni over my 22 years. I enjoyed watching co-workers start as staff accountants and become Managing Directors, get married, have children, etc.

Compensation and benefits were amazing.
Pros
We were a family.
Cons
downsizing
Big 4 growing tremendously in the US
Senior Associate, Account Management (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 28, 2015
Ultimately, KPMG is a good place to work with some very excellent benefits. I worked well with my direct manager and enjoyed the work life balance and ability to work from home. I consider KPMG to be the most conservative of the Big 4 so business practices within sales and marketing that you would expect to be standard, are often still playing catch up.
Pros
4 months paid maternity leave, free subscription to the Wall Street Journal, access to Harvard Business Training.
Cons
Partners are often behind the times and stuffy.
Drone workforce used as cash cows
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 27, 2015
Work life balance is a total lie at this company. They rarely treat their people with humanity, you will have to travel extensively on top of 50-60 hour work weeks. They will tell you travel is Monday-Thursday, I only had one engagement where that was the case. All other were Monday thru Friday.

Pay is usually higher than you will find in similar jobs with other non-consulting companies, but their benefits aren't really that great. Insurance is expensive, poor 401(K) matching, they give max of 2.5% if you contribute at least 5%.

Job security is always contingent on not crossing of the wrong person.

Management will frequently dump secretarial tasks on lower level individuals who are rarely thanked for their efforts.

Job culture is a bunch of Type A hyper competitive, who can brown-nose kind of environment.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else