KPMG Employee Reviews

Great environment. Friendly, hard woking professionals.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJMarch 27, 2017
As a first job, many of my skill-sets were learned at KPMG. The opportunity for advancement is fair. As with any accounting firm, it was face paced with some strict deadlines.
Busy Days
Intern (Former Employee) –  Shenzhen, CNMarch 25, 2017
Here are my daily responsibilities:
Participated in the preparations for the annual meeting, organized materials and got confirmations.
Provided administrative support for auditing projects, such as preparing auditing working paper by Excel, taking audit vouching, and updating confirmation status.
Travel tracking business center
Tax Analyst - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2017
The business center has a horrible boss who does not care about his employees and does things to that only benefit himself. Unfortunately this company is great but this section of Kpmg is awful
Pros
wonderful coworkers
Cons
Boss, teachers
Great learning experience
Audit Analyst (Former Employee) –  IndianaMarch 23, 2017
The company provides a good environment for professionals to learn about the domain of insurance auditing. A diverse clientele ensures new challenges.
Large, global Big Four accounting firm.
Managing Director, Mergers & Acquisitions-Tax (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2017
KPMG has many thousands of capable professionals around the world. Its strengths include strong emphasis on training, culture of collaboration, and very strong client base of leading corporations.
great place to work
Manager, Advisory, Financial Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2017
great place to work, learned a great deal about consulting, appreciate work/life balance, awesome job culture, compensation is competitive against market average
Great company to start your career
Associate, Tax (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMarch 19, 2017
1. good work-life balance
2. long paid time off
3. fast paced working environment
4. lots of events for networking within the office and events to support the surrounding community
5. great place to learn
6. upward opportunity
Engaging Projects with little upward mobility
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMarch 17, 2017
The projects are exciting and unique in the federal space, but too often advancement within the firm is tied to contracts and not ability. Work life balance depends on your manager. I used to have an amazing work life balance. Now, I am forced to be a butt in a seat despite the work flow or lack thereof.
Best firm to learn the future
Audit Trainee (Former Employee) –  Macan markar mawathaMarch 15, 2017
This firm thought me about life. How to apply my behavior at all kinds of situations and making the right decisions.

Maturity was built while I was working at kpmg as we keep learning each and every day something new.
Productive place to work for
Senior IT Auditor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2017
KPMG was a good place to work for. I learned a lot at this firm. My managers and other leadership were very supportive. They always encouraged me to take new challenges and grow.
Sql bi developer [ssrs/ssas]
BI - SSAS/SSIS/SSAS (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJMarch 15, 2017
got good team here and i have worked with good team and KPMG was a good firm where they encourage us to get project well and good and the environment was good
Positive culture
IT Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 13, 2017
the company has managed to communicate its goals and vision to employees in a way that makes them a part of a unified team.friendly coworkers and a team-oriented environment in which each person is motivated by the company’s goals have inspired that praise.
KPMG is a great place to Start, but not to Grow
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 13, 2017
KPMG offers great experience to start off your career. However, as you gather experience and knowledge you find yourself lost in the herd.
The challenges become repetitive and growth becomes stagnant.
The company does not go far enough to retain top talent and does not allow flexibility as much as it promises regarding lateral moves within the organization.
Great Enviornment, good opportunity
Associate Tax Data Analytics (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 8, 2017
I have nothing bad to say, KPMG is a great company to work for. I recommend to anyone. Hours are long but compensation is great and work life balance is flexible and good. Lots of PTO.
Productive workplace
Senior Hoteling Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2017
This was a job I thoroughly enjoyed, though there were several changes in management, each of the superiors I worked with were very aware of the challenges of their workers and were advocated for us.
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 3, 2017
KPMG was a wonderful place to work. There were many opportunities for growth and advancement and I felt respected by all employees at all levels. The only reason I left was due to a second pregnancy and choice to be a stay at home mom.
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2017
KPMG was a amazing environment to work great work life balance outstanding benefits the only con about KPMG is one of the operations managers likes to micro manage
Benefits
Cons
MIcromanagement
Great experience
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 26, 2017
Great place to work, a place to acquire fantastic experience. Great culture, management care, and provided with a good work-life balance.
Pros
Values
Cons
Perfect job for recent graduates
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 25, 2017
Perfect job for young people, not so much for someone with a family. Hrs are too long. Zero regard for family time. Good vacation time (5 weeks).
Pros
Free lunches, vacation time
Cons
No work life balance
charity events, outdoor cycling activities
Sr. Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2017
Typical day at KPMG is great. Its a great place for learning.
workplace culture is cool. hardest part of the job is flexibility towards timings at work.

Getting the right Performance Manager Leader who you work under makes a great deal. If you fall in the right hands you will climb up the ladder and opportunities to learn and improve are high.

Compensation and other benefits are great.
Pros
work remote options when sick
Cons
work culture