KPMG
1,010 reviews

KPMG Employer Reviews

Excellent place to start your career
Senior Associate, Resource Management - Tax (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 24, 2015
-good benefits
-good work/life balance
-various career opportunities depending on your work area
-the most enjoyable part of my job is having the ability to solve problems based on my own knowledge and judgment
-good group of individuals to work with
Fantastic first job
Program Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2015
Pros: great culture, flexible schedules
Cons: low advancement for non-core sectors
One rarely appreciates the first post collegiate employment opportunity. KPMGers worked hard, but also had ample time off to relax and pursue their own interests. Advancement was difficult for those not in the core business units, but that's similar with all the big accounting firms.
Assisted deployment department
Resource Management Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: long hours
Salary and benefits are great but, you have to earn it. You have to work weekends and holidays, regardless of what management says. And they will lay you off without notice.
Federal Practice
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), McLean, VAMarch 19, 2015
Great company, amazing benefits, flexible work schedules, good work/life balance, conveniently located in Tyson's Corner
great learning enviroment
Audit Senior Manager / Audit Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 15, 2015
Pros: Great learning experiences and project management skills
Cons: work-life balance
- Great learning opportunities and fair and motivated management
- Great opporunities for someone with proven performance
- Great international rotation programs
A Great Place to Work!
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2015
Absolutely one of the best places to work in the U.S. Work/life balance is carefully observed and encouraged, management is very supportive, generous compensation and many, many benefits. The best of everything.
Interesting
Audit Associate (Current Employee), BaltimoreMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great teams
Cons: work hours, life/work balance
KPMG is a great place where you are able to learn a lot about many different industries. You will be able to touch a lot of different areas of an audit, the team tries to pull you forward if you are falling behind on learning.
Excellent Company
Associate (Former Employee), PAMarch 11, 2015
KPMG is a great place to start your career. I have learned so much and take what I learned with me every day. The hard work required was truly worth it. I am very blessed to have had this opportunity, as I believe I started my career in the right direction.
good
Summer Audit Intern (Former Employee), QingdaoMarch 10, 2015
good place to work and study. People are really nice and helpful. I have learned a lot there and would love to go back if possible.
Review of my firm
Senior Associate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 10, 2015
KPMG is an excellent work place. It enabled me to learn so much about techincal accounting and audit of financial statements. I am grateful for the opportunity to have worked for the firm and with a lot of talented people.
KPMG Technically
VMware Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Montvale, NJMarch 9, 2015
KPMG Always look for advanced technology and it has given the opportunity to work in cutting edge technologies.
A Typical Day at work in KPMG is very challenging and I learnt handling major incidents and major outages handling and also co-workers are so much helpful.

Hardest part of the job is to manage entire vMware as focal.

UCS Migrations
Things have likely changed over the years
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 9, 2015
It was an enjoyable time with the company. Although many years ago, a lot of people right out of college and without a background in accounting, there is no upward mobility
Great place to start your career
Senior In-Charge Audit Associate (Former Employee), McLean, VAMarch 9, 2015
I had a great time working here. I would recommend anyone to work here. The location is not ideal but people are great. If you can start as an auditor you will learn a lot.
Fantastic and Excellent
Recruiter and Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee), DallasMarch 8, 2015
ACE is a fun and productive workplace with exercise and fitness room, parking garage and daycare. Excellent location to work.
Incredible work life balance
AR Manager Non U.S. Foreign Billed Entities (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: the travel can be a bit much
KPMG is an incredible company that has a very strong emphasis on work life balance. Coming from sports and entertainment, the culture is very different, in a good way.

Great opportunity for anyone who joins
Big Four accounting firm with a high-stress atmosphere
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Montvale, NJMarch 2, 2015
Pros: competitive salary and benefits
Cons: little work/life balance
KPMG is one of the world's largest accounting firms. It offers competitive salaries and benefits, and attracts a wide range of professionals.

The atmosphere is one that doesn't encourage work/life balance, and is rather stressful, to the point that many people burn out after a brief period.
No more life
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Cypress, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: lots to learn. free meals occasionally
Cons: no personal life
KPMG suits people who are ambitious and are willing to sacrifice their own personal life to fight and be promoted.

I'm locating in CA and having cases in NY. In order to accommodate clients' needs, I wake up at 6 AM everyday to check/reply emails. Then I go to the office regularly and continue working until 5ish PM. In addition, work remotely after I get home. The saddest thing is, no overtime paid.

Since it's a very intense working environment, it pushes you into the fire and force you to learn a lot. I improved a lot in communication and consultation skills besides technical aspects.

All managers and directors I've encountered are very nice. They provide helpful advice, feedback and suggestions to me. They provide opportunities to me to learn how to be a PM and lead me through.

I like most of the co-workers. They are dedicated to the projects and help me a lot to fulfill clients' requests. They are also humorous and it's joyful to chat with them. However, since I've moved to CA and am too swamped at work, I don't have a chance to talk to them regularly.

The hardest part of the job is that you have to check emails ALL THE TIME, even after working hours. You have to be very responsive to the projects assigned to you. I have to bring the work laptop when I am on vacation and work remotely when needed. However, again, no overtime paid.

I really can't think of any enjoyable part of the job. Maybe when the managers/director bring us to lunch. But it's just occasional and I don't really care about that once-a-while meal. I rather to have a more work-life-balanced job.
Legacy Company Not Very Open For Change
Senior Associate (Current Employee), DallasFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: large company, great benefits
Cons: limited growth potential
KPMG leads in the offered services, but the culture and environment is very much behind the curve.

In HR, you may seem very disconnected from the rest of the firm and leadership lacks the training to help bridge the gap and connect the right people.

The matrix is set up to have three or more teams doing one job. Nobody is able to identify nor put in place to direct the traffic between internal processes.

The technology is also very dated and makes it hard and the silos between practices makes it hard to serve the clients and internal stakeholders.
Productive and innovative
Director of Market Services for the Mid-Atlantic (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: competative salary, fulfilling, challenging, family friendly
Involvement in all aspects of market services including IT, marketing, internal sales and project management. Job function included teamwork from all members. Project management functions were challenging and fulfilling.
Great Place to work
Sr. QA Tester (Current Employee), Montvale, NJFebruary 22, 2015
I love this company. Very friendly atmosphere. Very well organised in project. Everyone has professional manner and helpful mind.

1 2 3 4 5

About KPMG

KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). – Read more

KPMG Salaries