KPMG Employee Reviews in United States

rooms for opportunities to grow
State and Local Tax (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2016
They have very good corporate culture there. Everyone is friendly, approachable, and very smart. They are young and ambitious people, strive for the best. I have had many insightful conversations as an intern. They care about you and your career. The same thing holds for management too, especially the partners. They are motivations for employees at work indeed!
As an intern, I can't tell is there is anything hard at all. But there is a lot of things to learn. So prepare to take initiative and work long hours. Otherwise, if you don't approach people, they won't give you work. Everyone is busy so you must show your presence.
The most enjoyable part is to work with someone you like!
Pros
free lunches, lots of food, structured training, planned activities for interns, works with many teams
Cons
long working hours
Drone workforce used as cash cows
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 27, 2015
Work life balance is a total lie at this company. They rarely treat their people with humanity, you will have to travel extensively on top of 50-60 hour work weeks. They will tell you travel is Monday-Thursday, I only had one engagement where that was the case. All other were Monday thru Friday.

Pay is usually higher than you will find in similar jobs with other non-consulting companies, but their benefits aren't really that great. Insurance is expensive, poor 401(K) matching, they give max of 2.5% if you contribute at least 5%.

Job security is always contingent on not crossing of the wrong person.

Management will frequently dump secretarial tasks on lower level individuals who are rarely thanked for their efforts.

Job culture is a bunch of Type A hyper competitive, who can brown-nose kind of environment.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Great place to begin a career
Operations Services Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2016
Started at the bottom and worked hard to get further advancement. Spent my first 6 years under horrible management (3 different managers) before receiving a manager that was actually great. That was when I was able to finally receive the advancement and appreciation that was overdue and well deserved. Fantastic benefits with the company and my team felt like my second family. I would not have left the company had it not been due to me relocating to a state without a branch that I could transfer to.
great firm
Account Relationship Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 4, 2016
great firm, interesting work, good training, leading management consulting firm takes care of their employees. good corporate culture and competitive benefits.
Unfavorable for Administrative Assistant Role
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 29, 2016
KPMG is not a forward thinking, career nurturing company for administrative assistants. The pay is not comparable with the current market and the environment is very negative for administrative assistant roles. There is no room for advancement and advancement is discouraged.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
negative environment, no room for advancement, sub-par health benefits.
Developing and demanding workplace
Governance Risk & Compliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stockholm, MEMarch 12, 2016
A highly demanding workplace but a developing one as well.
Work life balance was not something that was more than a buzz word.

Co-workers could be both good and bad, some supportive but many very competitive.
Pros
Good professional experience
Cons
No work life balance and competitive environment
Acquired and satisfied
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2016
I worked for a small company that was acquired by KPMG. The company I worked for sprung the acquisition on us, so we didn't have a ton of time to accept the change and take it all in. But I've worked for KPMG for two years now, and overall it's been good. The benefits are fantastic. Maternity leave is wonderful. The people are mostly good and mean well. There are some people in management positions that are clueless and don't need to be here. But overall, it's been a good experience. Biggest down side is Atlanta traffic. :(
Rapid growth
Consultant (Former Employee) –  QatarFebruary 27, 2016
Despite the long hours and low salary, KPMG has been an experience that I will always remember positively. There is a true sense of a team or rather a family. Every person is willing to give each other some time to help. When I joined as a fresh graduate, I saw a group of people who only see the potential in me and try to help me realize it. I love KPMG.
Pros
flexible hours, Team work, Friendly
Cons
low salary, long working hours
Great pay!!!! For someone who don't want a family!
senior auditor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2016
Worked at KCMO office for 12 years, the work hours aren't good, the benefits are horrible, the pay is awesome! They are a propaganda/brainwashing company that constantly tells employees lies!
If you ever plan on having a family or husband this is not the place to be! I recently quit and applied at another job doing same work, ex let more pay, and better management!!!!

DONT BELIEVE THE PROPAGANDA OR THE BRAINWASHING!!!!
KPMG IS NOT A FAMILY FRIENDLY WORKPLACE!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Great place to begin your career in public accounting
Manager, Lead Tax Services Group (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 29, 2016
KPMG is a great public accounting firm with a wonderful corporate culture. I am happy to have started my career at KPMG and feel that the training and client work has helped me tremendously in my professional development.
I looked forward to going to work everyday.
Senior Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 29, 2015
I had a wonderful job/position. I worked for and with a very fun, and professional team and company.

It is a company that leads with integrity and by example.

KPMG had a terrific work life balance and also offered many opportunities to give back to the community.

I enjoyed meeting new people everyday and keeping in touch with all alumni over my 22 years. I enjoyed watching co-workers start as staff accountants and become Managing Directors, get married, have children, etc.

Compensation and benefits were amazing.
Pros
We were a family.
Cons
downsizing
Big 4 growing tremendously in the US
Senior Associate, Account Management (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 28, 2015
Ultimately, KPMG is a good place to work with some very excellent benefits. I worked well with my direct manager and enjoyed the work life balance and ability to work from home. I consider KPMG to be the most conservative of the Big 4 so business practices within sales and marketing that you would expect to be standard, are often still playing catch up.
Pros
4 months paid maternity leave, free subscription to the Wall Street Journal, access to Harvard Business Training.
Cons
Partners are often behind the times and stuffy.
KPMG is truly a great place to work!
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2016
KPMG has a high performance culture where work/life balance is made possible through work/life initiatives and programs.
Great place to start my career
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2016
I could not have asked for a better place to start my career in financial services. A typical day at work consisted of being around people just like myself who like to have fun, learn and engage in challenging projects on a daily basis. It is the planet fitness of the professional realm in the sense that it is a judgment-free zone. Despite the fact that the busy season is a strenuous cycle, you mature and develop in a regimented fashion that all your peers facilitate and understand. The most difficult part of the job is learning on the fly but this is what sets those who excel apart from those that coast. Leveraging resources when needed and client relationships are taught at an early stage in life and individuals are exposed to situations that are incomparable elsewhere straight out of college.
Pros
Free lunches, PTO, great people, great trainings
Cons
busy season, pay
Good place to gain experience and exposures
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 30, 2015
Red tape and politics high, but expected of a big firm. Need to get rapidly a "protector" or manager with who you'll be working in order to get all billable hours required by the firm. Otherwise advancement and opportunities will dry quickly.
Pros
Get a great experience and exposure with various clients.
Cons
Work extensive hours (unpaid) which brings your hourly salary for less than a basic job at Walmart.
Great opportunity to learn at beginning of your career
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2016
Lots of opportunities to learn about different companies but very intense hours and commitment. Great mentor program and good compensation.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Good place a work, A lot to learn here.
NET Developer (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJJanuary 2, 2016
Team member very nice and help me a lot. The lead listens to every team member opinions and is always trying to make the team better.
Pros
People are nice here.Good company culture.
Cons
Not competing salary. No free lunch
Relax and friendly environment. A pleasure to have worked there.
Engagement Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 24, 2016
Report to work at 7am, started computer to review work requests, projects for the day, review deadlines, prioritize, respond and print reports to be distributed to management.

I learned a lot about tax accounting and schedules.

Schedule and setup events. Co-workers were an extension of my family. We still keep in touch.

Keeping up with the daily changes and revisions for Tax Laws and regulations and when and where to apply them.

Traveling to between our four locations an building relationships with the members of those offices.
Pros
Travel and Community Services
Cons
Minimal Personal Contact with Clients
Great Place to Build a Career
Senior Associate, Real Estate Tax (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2016
KPMG is a great place for anyone right out of college to build a solid foundation for the rest of their career. They have incredible resources and training opportunities to ensure you are continually growing as a professional.
Great Company
Associate, Advisory (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2016
One of the Big 4, huge company but work life balance along with traveling weekly can be exhausting. Great experience working with many individuals. Everyone is very supportive and able to help when needed.
Pros
Big 4
Cons
Worklife balance