KPMG Employee Reviews

Advisory Department
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJSeptember 12, 2016
KPMG is a very good company to work for however it also depends on the department you are in. I found that everyone I came across did not like their job. Advisory is a horrible department because of some of the employees that work for that group. I reported my supervisor to the HR department for harassment and they did nothing about the situation. I asked for a transfer and they just ignored me.
Pros
Advisory department is horrible
Cons
Good Salary, stability, flexibility
Challenging environment, great work experience
Senior Associate, IT Advisory Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2016
Challenging work environment in management consulting practice under the IT umbrella of advisory services. Good opportunity to learn new skills and be exposed to the internal workings of a corporate environment. Management consulting has a great career path or it will allow you to bring a lot of experience and valuable skills to an industry position.
Pros
Challenging work, great team environment
Cons
Lack of a real work-life balance
working environment
Director of Administration (Former Employee) –  GreeceJuly 12, 2016
Enjoyed working on various projects at the same time with my team of 8 staff members.

Enjoyed the fact that everyday was different and not able to schedule my workload, etc.

One thing that I learned while working at KPMG was to be able to negotiate properly.

The hardest thing about working at KPMG was dealing with negative attitudes when trying to complete a project within the deadline.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Staff not trained properly
Great place to start a career
Audit Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2016
KPMG offers young professionals an incredible learning opportunity to see first hand how some of the largest companies in the world work and operate. The knowledge garnered is invaluable and KPMG will provide you with the tools needed to succeed inside or outside of public accounting.
Pros
Great learning and training, young work force
Cons
Work-life balance
Productive and driven workplace
TS Analyst/Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was, through our advisory services, helping clients make better business decisions. Working with a talented team of colleagues who leveraged their knowledge and expertise to meet client and firm objectives.
Pros
Great perks - bonuses, career advancement, dining, travel
Productive and competitive workplace
Tax Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
KPMG is a great company with many opportunities. KPMG global mobility services is a very fast paced team. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interface with clients and that every day is different. I learned how to effectively manage my time and work load when working on two clients, with numerous managers.
Pros
Great location, nice perks, nice people
Cons
Very hierarchical, very process driven
Heavy Workloads, Opportunities mainly for Practice people not Operations
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 23, 2016
Typical day is trying to get all your work done and manage clients evenly. Prioritization is a must due to heavy workloads. The people are nice. Overall fairness across practices needs to be better, especially with the operations/administration groups. Work/life balance could use improvement with flexible hours and working from home some days if needed.
Great training ground for new accountants
Senior Associate & Business Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 7, 2016
Fun place to work, although it was a lot of hours during busy season. Easier to handle the work when your single, not so much fun when you have a family.
Great place to launch your career even if your are not going to stay in public accounting.
Pros
Great people to work with, good training
Contractor recruiter at KPMG
Senior Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2016
Great contract, great company and great people! I would definitely go back if given the opportunity. Fast-paced environment with high expectations in a collaborative work environment. Worked with some of the smartest and most driven individuals in the country.
Pros
Hourly rate and remote work
Cons
Great place to start my career
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2016
I could not have asked for a better place to start my career in financial services. A typical day at work consisted of being around people just like myself who like to have fun, learn and engage in challenging projects on a daily basis. It is the planet fitness of the professional realm in the sense that it is a judgment-free zone. Despite the fact that the busy season is a strenuous cycle, you mature and develop in a regimented fashion that all your peers facilitate and understand. The most difficult part of the job is learning on the fly but this is what sets those who excel apart from those that coast. Leveraging resources when needed and client relationships are taught at an early stage in life and individuals are exposed to situations that are incomparable elsewhere straight out of college.
Pros
Free lunches, PTO, great people, great trainings
Cons
busy season, pay
Great place to start career .Tremendous opportunities across a variety of functions and industries
Strategic Sourcing and Operations Advisory (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 22, 2016
Good work life balance
High performance culture
Tremendous opportunities across a variety of functions and industries
Great balance between strategy and operational projects
Relax and friendly environment. A pleasure to have worked there.
Engagement Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 24, 2016
Report to work at 7am, started computer to review work requests, projects for the day, review deadlines, prioritize, respond and print reports to be distributed to management.

I learned a lot about tax accounting and schedules.

Schedule and setup events. Co-workers were an extension of my family. We still keep in touch.

Keeping up with the daily changes and revisions for Tax Laws and regulations and when and where to apply them.

Traveling to between our four locations an building relationships with the members of those offices.
Pros
Travel and Community Services
Cons
Minimal Personal Contact with Clients
This job was so rwarding in many ways
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2016
This job is so rewarding. No matter how difficult your day is you know that you helped make a difference in peoples lives. The are also strong advocates of education. unfortunately your job depended on budgeting every year so it didn't offer job security.
busy working, not flexible, bureaucracy
Experienced Associate (Fulltime) (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 17, 2016
- in big4, you can work on various of projects and grow quickly
- extremely busy in peak season
- no free food, no lunch break
- working environment is not so good, small room crowded with too many people
Pros
famous big 4, variety of work
Cons
poor perks
Great perks but work life balance is hard
Advisory Associate IT Audit and Attestation (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 10, 2016
KPMG is a great place to get your feet wet and start a career. I learned a lot and enjoy working here. In my opinion, work life balance is extremely difficult. I enjoy my co-workers and the perks such as insurance, 401k and etc.
Great work life balance, good people
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2016
KPMG has a wide range of people in terms of talents, working styles, and personality. Overall, I felt it was a good work/life balance, however I believe it lacked in sustaining a challenging learning environment.
Pros
Cons
Travel, Unchallenging work
Good place to work, Solid training program, build skills that will reused in your future roles within your career
Audit Senior/Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 29, 2016
Good place to work, training and development of staff a key focus, provides diverse industry exposure, good technical leaders
Pros
Builds long term skills, drives behaviour to respect deadlines, develops you technically
Great Place to Build Your Career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAJune 22, 2016
As per the KPMG tag line, this place really is a great place to build your career. You'll meet some of the finest people and teams to work with and learn a great deal within the first 4 years or up until you are a manager.
Cons
Management does not have a proper vision of where the practice is headed.
Fun workplace with great people
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2016
My typical day at work is handling tax compliance one d at to day basis for clients. I provide client service and am client facing delivering our projects face to face. I manage four people and provide a liaison from staff to management.
Productive, Promotes personal growth and development
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2016
Productive, Promotes personal growth and development. Great place for advancement and career development. Free coffee is definitely a plus. Most practices are populated with warm, friendly, and approachable staff other, not so much.