KPMG Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to begin a career
Operations Services Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2016
Started at the bottom and worked hard to get further advancement. Spent my first 6 years under horrible management (3 different managers) before receiving a manager that was actually great. That was when I was able to finally receive the advancement and appreciation that was overdue and well deserved. Fantastic benefits with the company and my team felt like my second family. I would not have left the company had it not been due to me relocating to a state without a branch that I could transfer to.
Drone workforce used as cash cows
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 27, 2015
Work life balance is a total lie at this company. They rarely treat their people with humanity, you will have to travel extensively on top of 50-60 hour work weeks. They will tell you travel is Monday-Thursday, I only had one engagement where that was the case. All other were Monday thru Friday.

Pay is usually higher than you will find in similar jobs with other non-consulting companies, but their benefits aren't really that great. Insurance is expensive, poor 401(K) matching, they give max of 2.5% if you contribute at least 5%.

Job security is always contingent on not crossing of the wrong person.

Management will frequently dump secretarial tasks on lower level individuals who are rarely thanked for their efforts.

Job culture is a bunch of Type A hyper competitive, who can brown-nose kind of environment.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Unfavorable for Administrative Assistant Role
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 29, 2016
KPMG is not a forward thinking, career nurturing company for administrative assistants. The pay is not comparable with the current market and the environment is very negative for administrative assistant roles. There is no room for advancement and advancement is discouraged.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
negative environment, no room for advancement, sub-par health benefits.
Rapid growth
Consultant (Former Employee) –  QatarFebruary 27, 2016
Despite the long hours and low salary, KPMG has been an experience that I will always remember positively. There is a true sense of a team or rather a family. Every person is willing to give each other some time to help. When I joined as a fresh graduate, I saw a group of people who only see the potential in me and try to help me realize it. I love KPMG.
Pros
flexible hours, Team work, Friendly
Cons
low salary, long working hours
Acquired and satisfied
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2016
I worked for a small company that was acquired by KPMG. The company I worked for sprung the acquisition on us, so we didn't have a ton of time to accept the change and take it all in. But I've worked for KPMG for two years now, and overall it's been good. The benefits are fantastic. Maternity leave is wonderful. The people are mostly good and mean well. There are some people in management positions that are clueless and don't need to be here. But overall, it's been a good experience. Biggest down side is Atlanta traffic. :(
Great pay!!!! For someone who don't want a family!
senior auditor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2016
Worked at KCMO office for 12 years, the work hours aren't good, the benefits are horrible, the pay is awesome! They are a propaganda/brainwashing company that constantly tells employees lies!
If you ever plan on having a family or husband this is not the place to be! I recently quit and applied at another job doing same work, ex let more pay, and better management!!!!

DONT BELIEVE THE PROPAGANDA OR THE BRAINWASHING!!!!
KPMG IS NOT A FAMILY FRIENDLY WORKPLACE!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
rooms for opportunities to grow
State and Local Tax (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2016
They have very good corporate culture there. Everyone is friendly, approachable, and very smart. They are young and ambitious people, strive for the best. I have had many insightful conversations as an intern. They care about you and your career. The same thing holds for management too, especially the partners. They are motivations for employees at work indeed!
As an intern, I can't tell is there is anything hard at all. But there is a lot of things to learn. So prepare to take initiative and work long hours. Otherwise, if you don't approach people, they won't give you work. Everyone is busy so you must show your presence.
The most enjoyable part is to work with someone you like!
Pros
free lunches, lots of food, structured training, planned activities for interns, works with many teams
Cons
long working hours
I looked forward to going to work everyday.
Senior Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 29, 2015
I had a wonderful job/position. I worked for and with a very fun, and professional team and company.

It is a company that leads with integrity and by example.

KPMG had a terrific work life balance and also offered many opportunities to give back to the community.

I enjoyed meeting new people everyday and keeping in touch with all alumni over my 22 years. I enjoyed watching co-workers start as staff accountants and become Managing Directors, get married, have children, etc.

Compensation and benefits were amazing.
Pros
We were a family.
Cons
downsizing
Big 4 growing tremendously in the US
Senior Associate, Account Management (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 28, 2015
Ultimately, KPMG is a good place to work with some very excellent benefits. I worked well with my direct manager and enjoyed the work life balance and ability to work from home. I consider KPMG to be the most conservative of the Big 4 so business practices within sales and marketing that you would expect to be standard, are often still playing catch up.
Pros
4 months paid maternity leave, free subscription to the Wall Street Journal, access to Harvard Business Training.
Cons
Partners are often behind the times and stuffy.
great firm
Account Relationship Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 4, 2016
great firm, interesting work, good training, leading management consulting firm takes care of their employees. good corporate culture and competitive benefits.

Want to know more about KPMG?

Ask a question
Very good place to work, Stayed there for 12 years, and retired
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 12, 2016
Scheduled appointments at front office, answered busy phones, spent 80% of my time on Computer, Scheduling Mammograms and other test for Research Clinic. Lots on interacting with public, maintain files, faxing, coping, ordering office supplies as well as any and all clerical duties that was required to keep office running smooth.
Pros
Good Benefits and dealing with public
Cons
Fast paste dealing with lots of people.
Great place to work!
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 21, 2016
Definetly KPMG is probably the best big 4 accounting firm to work for. The work environment is very friendly and the salaries and benefits are incredible. The firm provides you all the tools to become a great profesional. If you want a great personal and profesional experience while making a lot of money, this firm is the place.
Great opportunity to learn at beginning of your career
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2016
Lots of opportunities to learn about different companies but very intense hours and commitment. Great mentor program and good compensation.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Good place a work, A lot to learn here.
NET Developer (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJJanuary 2, 2016
Team member very nice and help me a lot. The lead listens to every team member opinions and is always trying to make the team better.
Pros
People are nice here.Good company culture.
Cons
Not competing salary. No free lunch
Typical big four firm
Audit Associate, Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 17, 2015
long hours but great training. ability to transfer to other group when need arises. good name to have on one's resume. good benefits. bad thing is the long hours and constant pressure to deliver
Pros
Training and Benefits
Cons
Long Hours and no work life balance
Good place to gain experience and exposures
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 30, 2015
Red tape and politics high, but expected of a big firm. Need to get rapidly a "protector" or manager with who you'll be working in order to get all billable hours required by the firm. Otherwise advancement and opportunities will dry quickly.
Pros
Get a great experience and exposure with various clients.
Cons
Work extensive hours (unpaid) which brings your hourly salary for less than a basic job at Walmart.
Review Summary
Auditor, II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2015
I am in the Health Care sector of the audit department. The majority of my engagements are government and health care related. I also do compliance testing for all government entities as it is required for funds receiving entities.
benefits
Cons
work life balance
Atmosephere is perfect
Manager (Current Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAOctober 24, 2015
Nice and kind colleagues
Compassionate bosses
Most challenge working experience
Best accounting firm in the world
Great working environment
Non-stop learning experience
Transparency communication
Fair promotion opportunity
Flexible working hours
Pros
Good Working Evironment
Cons
Lower Salary
Great place to build a career
Product Manager, Tax Technology (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJNovember 10, 2015
One can expect to double his salary in 5 years. I started in tax compliance. Hours during busy season is pretty bad (going home at midnight was considered early!). I later transferred to the Tax Technology Practice, which had much better hours.
Developing and demanding workplace
Governance Risk & Compliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stockholm, MEMarch 12, 2016
A highly demanding workplace but a developing one as well.
Work life balance was not something that was more than a buzz word.

Co-workers could be both good and bad, some supportive but many very competitive.
Pros
Good professional experience
Cons
No work life balance and competitive environment