KPMG
1,030 reviews

KPMG United States Employee Reviews

Supportive and challenging place to build skills and relationships
Manager, Advisory Services (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 24, 2015
Pros: Unmatched skills and knowledge development, exposure to the top people and organizations in the world
Cons: Demanding and sometimes very stressful work environment, "up-or-our" mentality of some people in leadership
KPMG is a great place to work hard and learn from great people. Here, you'll be working with the best of the best and it shows. Sometimes this level of excellence demands a lot of you, but if you are willing to be flexible and work for the balance you want/need, you will be able to find it.
Challenging yet exciting with new opportunity
Project Coordinator/Administrator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 20, 2015
Responsible for supporting Milwaukee’s partners, senior managers, consultants, audit staff and tax managers. Report to the Midwest Director (Chicago) of the National Design Proposal Production Service department.

Implemented new process and procedures and worked closely with Midwest Project Coordinators.
Gained great business experience working with a variety of Firms
Regulatory Compliance Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 18, 2015
Pros: Wide variety of experiences
Cons: None
This position has helped me earn direct business experience working with financial and insurance Firms. I have been able to leverage my Legal degree by performing Legal and Compliance research, work with a team, improved my research skills, delivered and presented to Clients, and improved communications skills.
EY
Sr. Associate (Former Employee), San FranciscoApril 9, 2015
People are nice and very professional. I like my co-workers and projects I worked on. The hardest part is travel and I travel almost 100%.
Meh
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Hartford, CTApril 5, 2015
Work tends to be monotonous. Although potential for advancement is present, the process is highly politicized. The firm invests a lot monetarily in employee development, but has not figured out a way to effective training.
Excellent place to start your career
Senior Associate, Resource Management - Tax (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 24, 2015
-good benefits
-good work/life balance
-various career opportunities depending on your work area
-the most enjoyable part of my job is having the ability to solve problems based on my own knowledge and judgment
-good group of individuals to work with
Fantastic first job
Program Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2015
Pros: great culture, flexible schedules
Cons: low advancement for non-core sectors
One rarely appreciates the first post collegiate employment opportunity. KPMGers worked hard, but also had ample time off to relax and pursue their own interests. Advancement was difficult for those not in the core business units, but that's similar with all the big accounting firms.
Assisted deployment department
Resource Management Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: long hours
Salary and benefits are great but, you have to earn it. You have to work weekends and holidays, regardless of what management says. And they will lay you off without notice.
Federal Practice
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), McLean, VAMarch 19, 2015
Great company, amazing benefits, flexible work schedules, good work/life balance, conveniently located in Tyson's Corner
great learning enviroment
Audit Senior Manager / Audit Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 15, 2015
Pros: Great learning experiences and project management skills
Cons: work-life balance
- Great learning opportunities and fair and motivated management
- Great opporunities for someone with proven performance
- Great international rotation programs
A Great Place to Work!
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2015
Absolutely one of the best places to work in the U.S. Work/life balance is carefully observed and encouraged, management is very supportive, generous compensation and many, many benefits. The best of everything.
Interesting
Audit Associate (Current Employee), BaltimoreMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great teams
Cons: work hours, life/work balance
KPMG is a great place where you are able to learn a lot about many different industries. You will be able to touch a lot of different areas of an audit, the team tries to pull you forward if you are falling behind on learning.
Excellent Company
Associate (Former Employee), PAMarch 11, 2015
KPMG is a great place to start your career. I have learned so much and take what I learned with me every day. The hard work required was truly worth it. I am very blessed to have had this opportunity, as I believe I started my career in the right direction.
good
Summer Audit Intern (Former Employee), QingdaoMarch 10, 2015
good place to work and study. People are really nice and helpful. I have learned a lot there and would love to go back if possible.
Review of my firm
Senior Associate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 10, 2015
KPMG is an excellent work place. It enabled me to learn so much about techincal accounting and audit of financial statements. I am grateful for the opportunity to have worked for the firm and with a lot of talented people.
KPMG Technically
VMware Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Montvale, NJMarch 9, 2015
KPMG Always look for advanced technology and it has given the opportunity to work in cutting edge technologies.
A Typical Day at work in KPMG is very challenging and I learnt handling major incidents and major outages handling and also co-workers are so much helpful.

Hardest part of the job is to manage entire vMware as focal.

UCS Migrations
Things have likely changed over the years
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 9, 2015
It was an enjoyable time with the company. Although many years ago, a lot of people right out of college and without a background in accounting, there is no upward mobility
Great place to start your career
Senior In-Charge Audit Associate (Former Employee), McLean, VAMarch 9, 2015
I had a great time working here. I would recommend anyone to work here. The location is not ideal but people are great. If you can start as an auditor you will learn a lot.
Fantastic and Excellent
Recruiter and Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee), DallasMarch 8, 2015
ACE is a fun and productive workplace with exercise and fitness room, parking garage and daycare. Excellent location to work.
Incredible work life balance
AR Manager Non U.S. Foreign Billed Entities (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: the travel can be a bit much
KPMG is an incredible company that has a very strong emphasis on work life balance. Coming from sports and entertainment, the culture is very different, in a good way.

Great opportunity for anyone who joins

1 2 3 4 5

About KPMG

KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). – Read more

KPMG Salaries