KPMG

KPMG Employer Reviews

nothing much to say about KPMG
Senior Records Representative (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: big bonus
Cons: short breaks, no time off
I enjoyed my job at KPMG, my job was located in Downtown Detroit.
Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Firm provides plenty of personal time and drives for a strong work/life balance
Great
Associate, Advisory, Technology Enablement (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2015
It is a great place to work as a consultant with a lot of resources available to you to learn from.
Good workplace to learn a lot
Assistant I - Supervisor of Compliance Department (Former Employee), Bogotá, CUNJanuary 2, 2015
KPMG needs a lot of your personal time working; however it is a excellent way to learn about different types of business and functions. They give you opportunities to growth in the company and accomplish personal goals as exchanges between firms worldwide.
Project Lead - Data Analytics (Current Employee), Woodcliff Lake, NJDecember 31, 2014
Productive and needs very hard working people. Management team is good.
Challenging, interesting & great people
Senior Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 24, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: minimal work/life balance
A typical day was fast-paced, challenging and hectic. The people made it worth it; I thoroughly enjoyed working with my team. I learned how to be a great project manager, an excellent mentor, and the power of networking. The hardest part of the job was always being on call for clients. The best part of the job was my team. Compensation and benefits were also excellent.
Place that helps you grow
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 20, 2014
Pros: work / life balance, flexible
Working for KPMG has and is a great experience. They are a company that promotes growth and I think that's great.

They enable their employees to volunteer and have many options, which I also think is great. It has made me feel better about myself and the services I can offer through volunteer work.
Fulfilled Big 4 Stereotype
Advisory Associate (Current Employee), St. LouisDecember 11, 2014
Pros: vacation & benefits
Cons: hours & culture
KPMG has a lot of great perks. As an associate, I came in with 25 days of vacation, a great salary, and the ability to work from home if I needed to. However, they expect you to sell your soul. EVERYONE here drinks the Kool-Aid and they all love it. There are 4 - 5 months of the year where people are required work a minimum of 55 chargeable hours each week (checking email/travel/etc. doesn't count) and no one blinks an eye. Everyone here is your stereotypical white collar, frat boy/sorority girl jerk, and if you don't have the same Type A love of sports, getting white-girl wasted, and working your life away, you won't fit in. It's worse than being in high school. I cannot wait to get out.
Excellent environment
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Denville, NJDecember 9, 2014
Pros: constant flow of work
Cons: temporary contract assignment
Job was very easy, very specific and to the point. Excellent atmosphere. I learned a lot of skills.
Productive, charged high energy work place with brilliant co workers
Senior Business Analyst (contract) (Current Employee), Basking Ridge, NJDecember 8, 2014
Pros: worked with brilliant people, learned a lot
Cons: --
Great place to work. Good management, worked with some brilliant and wonderful people. Culture promotes learning, sharing knowledge and helping each other be successful.

Hardest part of the job was handling multiple projects and dealing with stressful timelines and high pressure during product releases.

Most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with workplace challenges, solving problems and collaborating with other brilliant coworkers and coming up with great solutions.
Excellent to start your career
Audit Manager (Current Employee), San Juan, PRDecember 2, 2014
Pros: benefits, employees, knowledge, training, clients portfolio
Cons: work life balance
This is a great company to start your career. The knowledge acquired in the past few years has been tremendous and have learned specifics from banking and insurance industries. The hardest part of the job is the work life balance.
High Performance Culture
IES Tax Senior Associate (Former Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 2, 2014
I worked in 3 out of the Big 4 accounting firms. The work is pretty much the same, but the business model and culture could be quite different. From all the Big 4 KPMG is the smallest and in my opinion with "best work/life balance" possible. If you are looking for a Big 4 experience and you are managing family, try KPMG. Nothing wrong with the other firms, as they are all leaders in audit, tax and advisory.
Work here and you are winning!
- (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: culture, professionalism, work experience, management
Cons: long hours at times
My experience at KPMG was stellar. The partners are charming and professional. They treat all levels of employees with respect. Great team environment. Engaging work with plenty of opportunity to try new types of projects.

You are expected to perform and do it well. There is training to help you achieve success. Mentors will help guide you.
New office in Chicago but too much space contraints
Tax Senior (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2014
Pros: young team
Cons: team lacks experience and does not allow new ideas from new people
Most team started their career in the firm hence they value their ideas and does not respect new ideas. There was almost 70% attrition rate for people who have joined at experienced level indicates that stand.
Excellent employer
Senior Associate, Economic and Valuation Services (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 17, 2014
Excellent employer and wonderful company to work for; incredible learning opportunities and brilliant colleagues.
Seasonal, contract employment
National Senior Recruiter (contract) (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 17, 2014
KPMG's corporate culture is one of the best that I have encountered.
It is collaborative, professional, respectful.
I truly enjoy working with my colleagues.
Hard work
Director (Former Employee), McLean, VANovember 16, 2014
Pros: great health benefits
Cons: long hours
I was in the business support unit. It is typical work of any Big 4. Nice colleagues make it all worth while.
Good employer
Audit Senior (Former Employee), VietnamNovember 11, 2014
Very challenging working environment yet a lot of fun. A place where a lot of things to learn and the experiences are wonderful
Quality people working as a team
Audit Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2014
Pros: broad learning opportunities from numerous experienced people
Cons: bureaucratic obstacles to innovative advancement
A typical day at KPMG involves meeting with colleagues from across the country via telephone, to discuss latest correspondence with clients to determine pressing action items. I have learned strategies for streamlining processes, and developing and testing internal controls. Management is adept at prioritizing critical events from "white noise". My co-workers have a diverse background in auditing, accounting and consulting. The hardest part of my job is harnessing the tools KPMG has provided, for when the timing is right for our massive Department of Defense client. The most enjoyable part of my job is the recognition for the speed of the incredible advancement of project milestones.
Lots of work
Federal Tax Intern (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 10, 2014
But you learn so much and you have teams of brilliant people!

About KPMG

KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). – Read more