KPMG Employee Reviews in United States

great firm
Account Relationship Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 4, 2016
great firm, interesting work, good training, leading management consulting firm takes care of their employees. good corporate culture and competitive benefits.
Nice place to work
Credit Risk Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2016
- management is open minded
- work is project based. you could be super busy on a project, working till 2am etc.
- very satisfied with PTO days, 25 days a year
Great place to begin your career in public accounting
Manager, Lead Tax Services Group (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 29, 2016
KPMG is a great public accounting firm with a wonderful corporate culture. I am happy to have started my career at KPMG and feel that the training and client work has helped me tremendously in my professional development.
Unfavorable for Administrative Assistant Role
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 29, 2016
KPMG is not a forward thinking, career nurturing company for administrative assistants. The pay is not comparable with the current market and the environment is very negative for administrative assistant roles. There is no room for advancement and advancement is discouraged.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
negative environment, no room for advancement, sub-par health benefits.
Rapid growth
Consultant (Former Employee) –  QatarFebruary 27, 2016
Despite the long hours and low salary, KPMG has been an experience that I will always remember positively. There is a true sense of a team or rather a family. Every person is willing to give each other some time to help. When I joined as a fresh graduate, I saw a group of people who only see the potential in me and try to help me realize it. I love KPMG.
Pros
flexible hours, Team work, Friendly
Cons
low salary, long working hours
Fun place
Sr. ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJFebruary 25, 2016
Great place to work. Nice work life balance. I was part of a great team that really came together during project deadlines.
Corporate culture
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 23, 2016
Great company. Office culture is fast paced and a good mix of individuals. Excellent vacation pay, but Portland office could do better in keeping abreast of current trends and incentives for operations employees.
Great place to begin a career
Operations Services Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2016
Started at the bottom and worked hard to get further advancement. Spent my first 6 years under horrible management (3 different managers) before receiving a manager that was actually great. That was when I was able to finally receive the advancement and appreciation that was overdue and well deserved. Fantastic benefits with the company and my team felt like my second family. I would not have left the company had it not been due to me relocating to a state without a branch that I could transfer to.
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Great place to work and have enjoyed this journey here.

Helped me in personal and technical development.

Team is good and helps in each and everyone development.
Pros
Great places to work
Cons
Cant think of one.
rooms for opportunities to grow
State and Local Tax (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2016
They have very good corporate culture there. Everyone is friendly, approachable, and very smart. They are young and ambitious people, strive for the best. I have had many insightful conversations as an intern. They care about you and your career. The same thing holds for management too, especially the partners. They are motivations for employees at work indeed!
As an intern, I can't tell is there is anything hard at all. But there is a lot of things to learn. So prepare to take initiative and work long hours. Otherwise, if you don't approach people, they won't give you work. Everyone is busy so you must show your presence.
The most enjoyable part is to work with someone you like!
Pros
free lunches, lots of food, structured training, planned activities for interns, works with many teams
Cons
long working hours
Great place to work!
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 21, 2016
Definetly KPMG is probably the best big 4 accounting firm to work for. The work environment is very friendly and the salaries and benefits are incredible. The firm provides you all the tools to become a great profesional. If you want a great personal and profesional experience while making a lot of money, this firm is the place.
Worldwide Strength in Financial Services and Business Solution
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Pacific, MOJanuary 18, 2016
Not too shabby. Plenty of opportunities to travel and to learn from the various practices and cultures of each country to give winning client solutions. Excellent infrastructure support. Great team culture. An intelligence led and cross-stimulating company culture.
Pros
No time to worry about personal life
Cons
No free lunches
Great pay!!!! For someone who don't want a family!
senior auditor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2016
Worked at KCMO office for 12 years, the work hours aren't good, the benefits are horrible, the pay is awesome! They are a propaganda/brainwashing company that constantly tells employees lies!
If you ever plan on having a family or husband this is not the place to be! I recently quit and applied at another job doing same work, ex let more pay, and better management!!!!

DONT BELIEVE THE PROPAGANDA OR THE BRAINWASHING!!!!
KPMG IS NOT A FAMILY FRIENDLY WORKPLACE!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Employer of Choice
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJJanuary 15, 2016
KPMG is an amazing firm, endless possibilities, growth opportunities, leadership support, excellent at sourcing the best talent
Very good place to work, Stayed there for 12 years, and retired
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 12, 2016
Scheduled appointments at front office, answered busy phones, spent 80% of my time on Computer, Scheduling Mammograms and other test for Research Clinic. Lots on interacting with public, maintain files, faxing, coping, ordering office supplies as well as any and all clerical duties that was required to keep office running smooth.
Pros
Good Benefits and dealing with public
Cons
Fast paste dealing with lots of people.
Great opportunity to learn at beginning of your career
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2016
Lots of opportunities to learn about different companies but very intense hours and commitment. Great mentor program and good compensation.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Great exposure to learn about different IT environments
Advisory Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2016
Great exposure to many different IT environments but definitely no work/life balance. If you are looking to move up fast, this may be for you if you don't mind the crazy hours. The people are great which makes it a tiny bit more bearable (but not really). The work (audit engagements) is tiring and sucks the life out of you.
Acquired and satisfied
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2016
I worked for a small company that was acquired by KPMG. The company I worked for sprung the acquisition on us, so we didn't have a ton of time to accept the change and take it all in. But I've worked for KPMG for two years now, and overall it's been good. The benefits are fantastic. Maternity leave is wonderful. The people are mostly good and mean well. There are some people in management positions that are clueless and don't need to be here. But overall, it's been a good experience. Biggest down side is Atlanta traffic. :(
Professional enviroment that encourages learning
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAJanuary 2, 2016
Was a good experience and will defnitely suggest this to other job seekers. You will get good exposure to different clients and sectors
Good place a work, A lot to learn here.
NET Developer (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJJanuary 2, 2016
Team member very nice and help me a lot. The lead listens to every team member opinions and is always trying to make the team better.
Pros
People are nice here.Good company culture.
Cons
Not competing salary. No free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.