KPMG Employee Reviews

A great place for learning!
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  KPMG InternationalNovember 15, 2016
If you have an appetite to learn, this is the onea place that can feed it! The info, direction and level of learning is controlled by you, and you can either curb yourself to one area, or broaden your horizons on any area of interest to you...
Pros
Great leaders
KPMG was a wonderful place to start my career.
Audit Associate, Forensic Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2016
KPMG was a wonderful place to start my career because the firm offered a lot of training for Audit and Forensic. Also, KPMG had wonderful senior associates, managers, etc. who wanted me to succeed and helped me to succeed along the way.
Culture of Excellence
Tax Intern, NYFS Real Estate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2016
The culture in KPMG is like that of a family. Everyone works hard and tries to help build each other up. Their intern training program is very comprehensive. In addition to performing associate-level work, I was also assigned special tax research and presentation skills to supplement my professional education. My only problem is the lack of work life balance. Outside of work, I found that I didn't have the energy to do anything other than lounge around the house.
Pros
Stellar training program
Cons
Lack of work life balance
Awesome
Extern (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 3, 2016
I really enjoyed externing at KPMG. The accounting team I worked with were wonderful and gave great insight for my future career in accountancy
Great place to build career
Advisory Manager (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJNovember 3, 2016
Good accommodating culture. All depends on your relationship with Managing Directors and partners. Gentler of the big four.
Experience with KPMG
SAP SD Consultant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 1, 2016
KPMG is one of the big four international accounting firms and staffs around 175,000 people. I had a great working experience at KPMG. I have nothing but all great things to say. Everybody was nice, helpful, friendly, professional, and understanding. I won't mind working for KPMG again.
ok
Auditor (Former Employee) –  深圳市October 31, 2016
it was really big company. work there was pretty boring, and people were leaving all the time. the work life balance here was not so good. we worked over time all the time without the right pay.
No advancement in local office
Operations Services-Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 29, 2016
New management brought in. Entire office went down hill. Moral was very low. No team spirit, no fun, no respect. Felt like I was in the military under a drill sergeants command.
KPMG Review
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJOctober 25, 2016
Working for KPMG was a great experience. Long hours are a given and the work is interesting.

KPMG has a great summer internship program.
Classic audit firm
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJOctober 21, 2016
KPMG is like most audit firms: client focused with some busy deadline periods. I like the culture and the people that this company attracts are what makes it pleasant to work here.
Good organizational culture and work ethic
Finance & Accounts Intern (Former Employee) –  LagosOctober 14, 2016
KPMG Nigeria was an amazing company to intern with over the summer, the organizational culture of the company is well structured and makes one feel at home right away. I interned for three months, and I wish I could have interned for a longer amount of time, but I had to get back to school. My co-workers were very friendly and treated me with the same respect that they would treat full-time employees. The way the offices were structured allowed for the smooth interaction between supervisors and subordinates. They had an open door policy which allowed easy accessibility to all individuals throughout the company. They also advocated to avoid saying "sir/madam" and just refer to people by their first name. This was a huge problem for me, cause everyone was older. But I eventually got used to it. KPMG Nigeria is a very flexible, yet time filing, occupying company. I'm glad I had the privilege to intern with them.
Pros
Free lunch, Free computer
Cons
Short breaks, No lounge area
Great training and client experience
Manager Financial Management (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2016
Great firm, training is excellent. Clients are the best in their industry groups. Teams work well together and the skills learned o the job are the best part about the day.
Excellent organization and customer skills
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2016
I serve as assistant to multiple members of the firm's senior management. I have the ability to manage multiple priorities, highly organized and provide exceptional customer service.
Great people to work with who will help you get to the next level
Senior Associate Advisory - Cyber Security (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 8, 2016
As a KPMG consultant, there is not "typical" day at work. You can be heavily involved with clients one day and just work from home on another day. It varies depending on your work style.

From KPMG, I learned how to communicate effectively with clients.

KPMG management is very hierarchical - started with associate to senior associate to manager to partner. The hierarchy varies depending on your department.

My coworkers were wonderful. They were friendly and respectful, very easy to work with. Co workers above me were very eager to help push me to the next level.

Hardest part of the job was getting to the next level. To get there, you must prove yourself to internal team members such as director and partners. To do so, you must work under a very challenging environment which requires a lot of traveling and face time with clients and coworkers. If you have a family, you will have very little time seeing them...

Most enjoyable part of the job (if you are young and do not have a family) is the travel. You get to see may different places and many different people around the world. I also enjoyed the opportunities and education my company offered me.
High Integrity and Professionalism
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJOctober 5, 2016
It is a high performance culture company. Employees and Partners are of high integrity and professionalism. It is a great Audit, Tax and Advisory firm.
Good intentions often undermined within individual practices
Director, People & Change Advisory (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2016
Mission and vision are on target but not achieved locally in all the practice areas, especially in Management Consulting. Almost no sense of stewardship and collaboration is limited by policies about sales credit allocation, poorly executed changes in performance management, etc. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the internal politics.
Typical Big 4
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 1, 2016
As with most public firms, KPMG has generous benefits and advancement opportunities but you work your butt off to get them. Office politics, long hours and a lack of recognition causes burnout at nearly every rank, but if you put in the time you'll get much further in your career.
Great place to start a career
Sr. Administrative Assistant (promotion) (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 30, 2016
At KPMG the opportunities are endless. Great work environment with great leaders. The most enjoyable part of my day is all of the different hats I get to wear and the great opportunity I have to network and work with so many wonderful people.
Pros
Work Life balance
Benefits
Great Experience
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 22, 2016
Assisted in the audits of hedge funds, private equity firms, and banks by performing audit procedures over cash, derivatives, loans, and accounts payable.
internship
Financial Risk Mgmt & Corporate Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  PanamaSeptember 19, 2016
Offers good training and experience. Good work environment and friendly co-workers.
Workload can take long hours and can be stressful.