KPMG

1.2K reviews

KPMG Employee Reviews

Does this company still exist
Office Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 17, 2015
I learned a lot from this job, only because of the manager I worked for. I’m not sure the company even exists anymore, however at the time of my employment, there were many training programs that were beneficial.
Job for the single person
Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great experience, learning and benefits
Cons: long hours, mediocre pay, detached uncaring management
KPMG has a lot of pros and cons. I learned a great deal while I was there and enjoyed it. However, it is a job for some one who is single. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. They work you like a dog, the pay isn't great but they do have nice benefits. I was an experienced hire so It was a bit different for me than some one coming straight out of college. I got shuffled around a lot and my PML was completely detached and showed no interest in my success or failure. Had the company show more interest in me and my success, I might have stayed but the company because of its complete detachment from me made me feel like trash.
Tax compliance SWEAT SHOP
Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free food/perks; flexibility of working from home on the weekends
Cons: terrible work/life balance; poor opportunities for development/growth
You can forget having any kind of social life if you work in the KPMG Dallas office and you do any type of tax compliance work. Managers are required to deliver the work on time with limited resources (e.g., no staff or limited staff) even if the client information is received late. You can expect to work 18 to 20 hour days during busy season and maybe get some sleep on the weekends if you're lucky. Some members of management work the same hours so raising the issue is preaching to the choir. The firm has programs in place for developing their people similar to other big 4 firms, however, I did not experience any type of coaching. It was sink or swim for me. The only upside to working at KPMG was the bonus and pay which isn't bad if you're willing to sacrifice having a life for money.
Good Company Overall
Advisory Associate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros:
Great group of people to work with
Management tries to satisfy your needs/ wants

Cons:
Pressure to be visible to management; ie. preferred attendance to non-mandatory events
Get in and get out!
Associate (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: resume builder
Cons: many
You're just another number that they need 80 hours a week from. Management says they care but actions are disjointed from their words. Overworked and burnt out people make long hours longer. One plus is I did learn a lot. Build your resume and get out.
Consulting i
IT Advisory Services, Sr. Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2015
I worked on a local client my entire time at the company, so didn't really feel like I worked in consulting. My time there was great. However, at the time KPMG one had one client for the type of work I was focused on, ITSM. Since I left the company has aggressively beefed up this area of concentration. And is now becoming known in the industry for this work. Given that they have recruited the best from the other consulting firms, they are sure to do well.
KPMG needs a reminder in company values.
Administrative Support (Former Employee), New York CityJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: poor middle management
I thought the department I worked in was professional
except for a few of them.

They need a reminder of what the company values are.
Productive and fun place to work
Office Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Keeping Order in the Office with hard work ethnic and Team player
Horror story of corporate America
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2015
The pay and benefits are good the work is challenging but the company culture is cut throat and very political watch your back
Fun workplace
DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2015
I would receive calls about customers having issues with their laptops or desktops and I would guide them over the phone on how to fix their issue.
Great Career Experience
Associate Director of NDPPS (Current Employee), ChicagoJanuary 17, 2015
I developed strong relationships and built some strong teams.
Productive and challenging place to work
Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Montvale, NJJanuary 16, 2015
KPMG has very professional attitude toward work and its good to see people following that behavior. To lighten up load of work, we get to involve in fun activities that rejuvenates to take on new challenges.
nothing much to say about KPMG
Senior Records Representative (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: big bonus
Cons: short breaks, no time off
I enjoyed my job at KPMG, my job was located in Downtown Detroit.
Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Firm provides plenty of personal time and drives for a strong work/life balance
Great
Associate, Advisory, Technology Enablement (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2015
It is a great place to work as a consultant with a lot of resources available to you to learn from.
Good workplace to learn a lot
Assistant I - Supervisor of Compliance Department (Former Employee), Bogotá, CUNJanuary 2, 2015
KPMG needs a lot of your personal time working; however it is a excellent way to learn about different types of business and functions. They give you opportunities to growth in the company and accomplish personal goals as exchanges between firms worldwide.
Project Lead - Data Analytics (Current Employee), Woodcliff Lake, NJDecember 31, 2014
Productive and needs very hard working people. Management team is good.
Challenging, interesting & great people
Senior Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 24, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: minimal work/life balance
A typical day was fast-paced, challenging and hectic. The people made it worth it; I thoroughly enjoyed working with my team. I learned how to be a great project manager, an excellent mentor, and the power of networking. The hardest part of the job was always being on call for clients. The best part of the job was my team. Compensation and benefits were also excellent.
Place that helps you grow
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 20, 2014
Pros: work / life balance, flexible
Working for KPMG has and is a great experience. They are a company that promotes growth and I think that's great.

They enable their employees to volunteer and have many options, which I also think is great. It has made me feel better about myself and the services I can offer through volunteer work.
Fulfilled Big 4 Stereotype
Advisory Associate (Current Employee), St. LouisDecember 11, 2014
Pros: vacation & benefits
Cons: hours & culture
KPMG has a lot of great perks. As an associate, I came in with 25 days of vacation, a great salary, and the ability to work from home if I needed to. However, they expect you to sell your soul. EVERYONE here drinks the Kool-Aid and they all love it. There are 4 - 5 months of the year where people are required work a minimum of 55 chargeable hours each week (checking email/travel/etc. doesn't count) and no one blinks an eye. Everyone here is your stereotypical white collar, frat boy/sorority girl jerk, and if you don't have the same Type A love of sports, getting white-girl wasted, and working your life away, you won't fit in. It's worse than being in high school. I cannot wait to get out.
Headquarters