KPMG Employee Reviews

Good
Software Developer in Test (Current Employee) –  New Jersey,Mont ValeDecember 26, 2015
1) Good Working Culture
2) Exposure on Tax Domain
3) Team Collaboration
4) Exposure on Performance,Automation and Penetration Testing
I Learned a Lot
Meeting Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2015
I coordinated many events with just two people and it was often very busy. I learned a lot about small to large events and completed them from start to finish.
Pros
Job security
Cons
No growth in the department
Opportunity and growth; no work life balance
Senior Audit Associate, Financial Services Group (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2015
Big company with opportunity to grow and develop. Little work-life balance depending what department you are in. Reputable firm that will help you with your career and long term goals.
Interactive and Challenging.
Internal Auditor/Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 3, 2015
KPMG allowed me to interact with various business employees and audit their companies annual financials. I learnt a lot about companies and mistakes they were making.
A great place to start your career.
Federal Advisory Associate - Risk Consultant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 1, 2015
KPMG was a great place to start my professional career. I learned to work with people to understand their systems in place, find potential holes, and explain the risks they have in place. The experience has been great and the people there are even better.
Professional work environment with growth potentional
Senior Associate, Campus Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJNovember 29, 2015
It is a team environment that is fast paced with opportunity for growth. I work a lot with confidential information and with high level executives.
I looked forward to going to work everyday.
Senior Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 29, 2015
I had a wonderful job/position. I worked for and with a very fun, and professional team and company.

It is a company that leads with integrity and by example.

KPMG had a terrific work life balance and also offered many opportunities to give back to the community.

I enjoyed meeting new people everyday and keeping in touch with all alumni over my 22 years. I enjoyed watching co-workers start as staff accountants and become Managing Directors, get married, have children, etc.

Compensation and benefits were amazing.
Pros
We were a family.
Cons
downsizing
Big 4 growing tremendously in the US
Senior Associate, Account Management (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 28, 2015
Ultimately, KPMG is a good place to work with some very excellent benefits. I worked well with my direct manager and enjoyed the work life balance and ability to work from home. I consider KPMG to be the most conservative of the Big 4 so business practices within sales and marketing that you would expect to be standard, are often still playing catch up.
Pros
4 months paid maternity leave, free subscription to the Wall Street Journal, access to Harvard Business Training.
Cons
Partners are often behind the times and stuffy.
Drone workforce used as cash cows
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 27, 2015
Work life balance is a total lie at this company. They rarely treat their people with humanity, you will have to travel extensively on top of 50-60 hour work weeks. They will tell you travel is Monday-Thursday, I only had one engagement where that was the case. All other were Monday thru Friday.

Pay is usually higher than you will find in similar jobs with other non-consulting companies, but their benefits aren't really that great. Insurance is expensive, poor 401(K) matching, they give max of 2.5% if you contribute at least 5%.

Job security is always contingent on not crossing of the wrong person.

Management will frequently dump secretarial tasks on lower level individuals who are rarely thanked for their efforts.

Job culture is a bunch of Type A hyper competitive, who can brown-nose kind of environment.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Grew an understanding for many Industries
audit (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 23, 2015
A great learning environment and the best place to start off an accounting career. From day one you get handed responsibility and the opportunity to learn from the best. Additionally you work with some of the biggest companies in the world. I continue to maintain relationships at KPMG, because the people I worked with were so unbelievable.
Typical big four firm
Audit Associate, Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 17, 2015
long hours but great training. ability to transfer to other group when need arises. good name to have on one's resume. good benefits. bad thing is the long hours and constant pressure to deliver
Pros
Training and Benefits
Cons
Long Hours and no work life balance
Great Consulting Firm
In-Country Project Manager--Colombia (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 16, 2015
KPMG Consulting morphed into BearingPoint, INC, shortly after I started with them.

We were Independent consultants, assisting Cell companies and Landline telephone companies install new billing software.

Great work,
Pros
Great Living
Cons
Not much of a life
Good Company to work for
Engagement Management Coordinator Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 11, 2015
- Very flexible
- Very relaxed culture and everyone there is nice
- Company willing to take care of employees
- Ice cream firdays
Great place to build a career
Product Manager, Tax Technology (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJNovember 10, 2015
One can expect to double his salary in 5 years. I started in tax compliance. Hours during busy season is pretty bad (going home at midnight was considered early!). I later transferred to the Tax Technology Practice, which had much better hours.
Help doing the audit procedure
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  HangzhouNovember 9, 2015
Co-workers are nice, friendly, willing to help. Working atmosphere is good. I learned how to communicate with clients, collaborate with team, pursue the working passion.
Nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 7, 2015
Very nice people.
Everyone worked hard.
Management was very pleasant.
Very professional atmosphere.
Great team to work with.
Pros
Nice view!
Cons
Parking downtown.
Lack of leadership support
Federal Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 4, 2015
KPMG has been a great place for me until I had personal issues with a director who bullied me. It was an HR battle for months and I ended up leaving the firm. The director resigned later on after other great co-workers left. Leadership only supported people in higher positions and did not care about the "little ones". I was devastated but ended up being much happier and appreciated at my new workplace.
Review Summary
Auditor, II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2015
I am in the Health Care sector of the audit department. The majority of my engagements are government and health care related. I also do compliance testing for all government entities as it is required for funds receiving entities.
benefits
Cons
work life balance
Kpmg
Audit (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2015
This Big 4 Accounting Firm is a great company to work for. You do have some very busy times during the year, but they are always sure to show their appreciation of your continued hard work and dedication.
Great Company to work for
Tax Processor (Current Employee) –  New York City, NYOctober 30, 2015
great company to start your career. You will learn alot in any given practice. long hours during busy season. overall a very rewarding experience.
Pros
many perks, paid holidays, good bonus
Cons
long hours during busy season

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.