KPMG Employee Reviews

Internship
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 25, 2017
Learned a lot and people are willing to help you grow.
Great training opportunity.
Nice and helpful colleagues.
Opportunity to experience different practice.
Great learning environment
Intern, Tax Compliance Center (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2017
I interned here during the tax season. I learned how the Big 4 accounting firms worked. Associates always had time to answer questions, especially never working in a high paced environment.
Opportunity for Diversity and Inclusion
Business Development Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 24, 2017
Great opportunity for entry level training in financial services industry. Organizational culture does not promote or advance diversity of thought or innovation.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Old Boy Network
not a great company
Senior Consultant, Consumer Products Practice (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 23, 2017
too big of a company; they weren't interested in their people. they also were not very nice. probably the worst company I have ever worked for. shame.
Exposure
Senior Associate - Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2017
A lot of opportunities to learn different businesses. Exposure to different projects, work with smart people.Although, busy season can be difficult time constraints.
Pros
Travel, work with different people with different backgrounds.
Cons
Hours, busy season can be difficult at times.
good
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 21, 2017
A school running case competition does nor really wants to be evaluated I guess, so maybe a better job can be done on selecting the positions that is being evaluated by applicants
Great company to work for.
Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 20, 2017
KPMG is a great company to work for. The culture for me has been one of work life balance. The hardest part about the job is the vagueness on upward mobility and what the specific requirements are.
Great place to start your career.
Advisory Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2017
Typical day was busy and varied. Learned how to analyze large sets of date. Learned how to manage large projects. Prepared client proposals. Best part of working at a large consulting firm is the exposure and personal growth.
Good Experience working with them
SAP BW Developer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshApril 18, 2017
It was fun working every day.
It made me to enhance my skills.
management was good.
To work in the night shifts.
The atmosphere was friendly with good people.
Consistently challenging project work, lots of travel and competetive compensation
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 18, 2017
KPMG advisory management consulting is a growing, flexible, and agile organization. Projects differ greatly and present opportunities for many different types of human capital experience. Travel is 100% required and basically is back to a Monday - Thursday onsite requirement with very little virtual partnering.
Pros
Projects, people, Ic, opportunity
Cons
Work-life balance, travel
I had a great time working for this company
Hoteling/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 17, 2017
It was great working for this company. I had acquired many skills, although I only worked for this company for a short time; it was a part time job. The people were fun to work and we all worked as a team. I enjoyed working with this company very much!
Good opportunities for advancement, achieving work life balance can be a challenge
Assurance Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRApril 16, 2017
It's a good place to start your career and learn. Opportunities for advancement are good, especially if you are willing to travel. Work/life balance can be difficult to achieve even at senior levels.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Work life balance could be significantly better
A Great Experience
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2017
This was a great place to work but unstable. The turnover was a bit frightening, but the years I was there I enjoyed working with the staff. They've moved and people were let go during the recession.
Pros
Compensation Good
Cons
To many hours
work ethics
SAP BO/HANA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJApril 12, 2017
excellent working place people are so friendly its like learning process does not feel like work day goes very fast. lots of good people and technology
Great overall experience
Finance and Accounting - Tax, Intern (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJApril 12, 2017
As an intern with KPMG LLP, I learned much about all of the intricate moving pieces of just one division of such a large firm. The workplace culture was very welcoming and higher-ups are eager to teach and help newcomers in any way they can.
Good company to learn
Intern (Former Employee) –  MoscowApril 12, 2017
KPMG is a nice company to work with. I don't know how is it worldwide, but in my country all the big 4 pay small salaries so compensation level is rather low and I would say that mostly you have to work extrahours that are mostly not paid in consultancy.
That is all about minuses.
I've really enjoyed working for this company - I had really nice team that helped when I had some difficulties. I learnt a lot of useful things during my short internship in all the fields connected to the work of my department. The most I liked is to develop solutions that later will be implemented in companies to improve their efficiency.
Pros
Experince, satisfation, nice team, brand, training
Cons
Salary, work/life balance
public accounting
Senior Manager Audit (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 11, 2017
Public Accounting is a great foundation - short or long-term.

Was luck enough to be selected to run a computer audit group in Southeast Asia which was the best thing - aside from marriage and kids - I've done in my life
Great environment, training opportunities
Advisory Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 11, 2017
Great working environment, very casual and friendly
Lots of training opportunities, management will show a lot of support on trainings
Great clients, good projects
good reputation
Cons
long work hours, low salary
A lot of hours with great compensation
Federal Tax (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 9, 2017
Tax season is busy at any accounting firm, especially big 4. This office is very much TCU dominated, not surprising considering the region the office is located.
Cons
Constant work
Free coffee
Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2017
Decent place to work. The people are very friendly, but your work hours are extremely long per week (70hrs). Pretty good medical and dental package. great place to start your career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.