KPMG

KPMG Employer Reviews

Good start for student
Associate (Former Employee), 北京市, C22January 15, 2014
Stressful work
payment doesn't match work load
Good company culture
nice people
Can learn a lot
Diverse Global Organization
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJanuary 15, 2014
The Company is fascinating, challenging and well rewarded. You’ll be working with clients from some of the world’s biggest companies, and some of the very best professionals too, whom you’ll be mixing with and learning from.
Incredible knowledge resources.
Senior, Information Risk Management (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2014
Delivered IT Audit services for multiple engagements including: Sarbanes-Oxley 404, SAS 70, IT General Control Reviews, Application Control Reviews, and Operational Audits
Great place to work with regards to experience and exposure but poor work life balance.
Senior Manager/Manager, Performance and Technology (Former Employee), LagosJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: good learning environment, reward for performance
Cons: limited welfare and benefits for staff
A typical day at work involves identifying priorities based on milestones and clients needs and providing leadership to teams in managing and addressing them. Ongoing stakeholders analysis, reviewing deliverables, ensuring it meets required quality and scope, attending client meetings and project meeting. identifying selling opportunities and so on.

Management – more... was always looking for ways to improve service and make more money. Co-workers made each day bearable and everyone had a passion for excellence.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to effectively balance job and family life when it mattered most and always having to sacrifice the latter.

The most enjoyable was the pool of intelligence and smart people available daily. – less
eLearning Specialist/Project Manager
Remote eLearning Specialist (Former Employee), Montvale, NJJanuary 10, 2014
Excellent environment and people. Enjoyed my work function.
Good experience, but weird environment
Marketing Director (Former Employee), CaracasJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: close from home
Cons: low salaries
Hard work, good experience, buy low salaries. High rotation of employees
not productive, not reliable can be replace with out notice
Security Officer (Former Employee), Montvale, NJJanuary 10, 2014
Security is an easy job and it did not require a lot of labor.i did not enjoy that job.it was redundant
Bright People, ethical company, miserable experience
Advisory Services Senior Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2014
KPMG is such a large company that it is hard to generalize it, but I went in there as a consultant from my industry and I was in for a rude awakening. They preach all sort of things like "Charge the hours that you work" etc but then you will always be indirectly told to eat hours. In my department, finding work that was a good learning experience and – more... not mind numbing was hard to come by. Little consideration was given to skills, talent, and background when given project assignments. – less
Great place to start your career
Audit Associate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 9, 2014
It is a great place to start the career in finance and accounting. KPMG provides opportunities to learn how the companies function and operate through performing audit of their financial statements. The company culture can be defined as a High Performance Culture, in which employees are encourage to exceed expectations and produce high quality product – more... in a tight budgetary and time constraints. – less
Good Projects but less pay
Sr. Advisory Associate - IT Strategy & Performance (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2014
KPMG had some unique projects that gave a great opportunity to learn but the pay was way less to market standards and the work -life balance null due to 16-17hrs a day.
good company
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: one of big 4, great learning opportunity
Cons: long hours
good company but not good work life balance. It is a good place to start with. You learn and practice accounting and auditing standards everyday.
Gained experience that helped me throughout my career
Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2014
Cons: long hours
Although the position required a lot of travel, the experience and knowledge obtained was invaluable. I would definitely work for this organization again, given the opportunity to work part-time.
productive workplace
Internship (Former Employee), Muscat, MAJanuary 3, 2014
• Audited interim condensed financial statements for Bank Nizwa.
• Reviewed interimcondened financial statement for Muscat Holding.
• Audited interim condensed financial statements for Muscat Insurance.
• Audited interim condensed financial statements for Muscat Life Assurance.
• AuditedFrienditelecommunication .
• Audited Moosa Abdul Rehman Engineering – more... and Trading LLC
• Audited Moosa Car Rentals LLc – less
Productive and fun place to work
Senior .NET Developer Consultant (Current Employee), Montvale, NJDecember 30, 2013
Productive and fun place to work.
Good experience.
People are good.
Efficient and deadline meeting
Senior Supervisor Financial Advisory Services (Current Employee), Kabul, KABDecember 29, 2013
I have worked on multiple assignments simultaneously and have met all the deadlines of my office.
Not working position that I was hired in to work for...
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), McLean, VADecember 28, 2013
Bait and switch on the job expectation - hired in to work for great executive, got switched to executive that no one wants to work for and burns thru assistants at least twice a year.
Challenging but very Rewarding
Office Service Specialist (Former Employee), Cypress, CADecember 19, 2013
Pros: worked with some of the most creditable personal
Cons: wasn't able to go to as many networking events as wanted.
I just wanted to express my appreciation for all the work that Paul Rzyski does on a daily basis. Every day I see evidence of his presence from the cube farm, break room and even in the Quite room. I love that he stocks the supplies and I have never had to hunt down cups and eating utensils in our area. I am especially grateful the refrigerator by the – more... Coke machine is always clean. He is a diligent worker.

Paul is always friendly and responds quickly to any needs we have had. There has been so many times he has asked if I needed any assistance or if there was anything I needed. I’d say this was an excellent choice when hiring Paul.

As part of this survey, and to reinforce my evaluation that describes the high-level of service provided by Operations, I submit this photographic evidence that supports the extent to which certain Operations team members go to provide the very best service possible – even when it simply means cleaning out pesky bugs from vents.

Thanks! – less
Assistant Manager - Indirect tax
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), indiaDecember 18, 2013
1. Have been working in Indirect Taxes with Deloitte and KPMG, Bangalore for over 5 years. The responsibilities include advising clients on the entire range of Indirect Taxes apart from the provisions of the SEZ law and the Foreign Trade Policy.
2. Opinions on specific queries that are posed by the clients on matters pertaining to the entire range of – more... indirect taxes apart from SEZ laws and Foreign Trade Policy.
3. Have been involved in DDRs relating to M&A transactions.
4. Have also been a part of the litigation practice in Deloitte and assisted the immediate manager for representing clients before Authorities / Courts at all levels from the Assistant Commissioner to the CESTAT encompassing drafting reply to Show cause Notices, preparation of appeal memorandum etc.
5. Assistance in Customs classification, VAT classification, determination of rates of duties, SABRIX (ERP) implementation from the tax perspective for one of the largest computer manufacturers in the world.
6. Assistance in Customs classification, advisory and litigation for two of the largest retail chains in India.
7. Advised clients for complying with the statutory requirements prescribed under the customs regulations with respect to import and export of goods.
8. Performed compliance assignments encompassing, entry and exit of STPI units, Service tax registration, preparation and review of Service tax return, excise return and VAT return (12 States).
9. Extensive personal interaction with statutory authorities on a day to day basis which has led to establishing a close and personal working relationship with statutory authorities. – less
Great place to work if you aren't in Indirect Tax
Tax Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2013
The overall culture of KPMG is a great culture. A typical day is about 10-12 hours depending on the account.
A nightmare
senior associate (Current Employee), Montvale, NJDecember 14, 2013
Pros: fairly easy to get to
Cons: too many to list - the place is soul crushing
At least in the Montvale office, where we are all considered backoffice slugs, the atmosphere is unbelievably negative. You are constantly treated as if you are a horrible disappointment and unworthy of your position - and this applies to everyone below the director level. Altho most of us are at least as well educated as the consultants and accountants – more... - and offer far more educationally qualified - we have no clear career path, no support and face a general attitude of disdain and dismissal. It really is horrendous - and I would strongly advice anyone to find any other position before taking one here. Sadly, the faltering economy has left many of us stranded here. It's akin to a hostage crisis - but without the Stockholm syndrome – less

About KPMG

KPMG LLP, the U.S. audit, tax and advisory services firm, operates from 87 offices with more than 23,000 employees and partners – Read more