KRA Corporation Employee Reviews

Love the Position I was in.
WEX Activity Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 5, 2015
Loved working with different people. Coming to a workforce development program and they are willing to go out and look for employment and volunteer until they find employment and helping one another
Numbers focused human services corporation
Career Agent (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 22, 2015
Interesting work places with unique management. Not all about the numbers but also about helping clients grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics.
Productive good working environment non-profit employemnt.
Case Manager / Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2015
Cons: Great people!
Daily work consisted of providing services to clients that were in work transition from welfare to work, ex-offender clients re-enter the workforce, and working with noncustodial parents with family court of Philadelphia PA. I learned the aspects of the working in an office structure with management as a team in effort to accomplish the goals on our clients and the program.

Working with the program the most difficult task was ensuring that all files, documentation, and case narratives were complete. The rewards were to witness a client completing the program by successfully improving his education level, his social-economic level, most all being able to work and provide for his family.
Very Fun and interactive place to work.
Career Agent (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 30, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the youth in the Mayor's Youth Academy. My co-workers, who were also college student, were very delightful and all around enjoyable people.
Learned a lot about working with diferent people
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 15, 2015
worked the front desk and in the filing customers paperwork.
fax, handled small issue with customers. watch the front of the office.
I really liked work with different people who came in.
Worst company in USA
Career Advisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 21, 2015
Cons: management and everything else.
To give you an idea how BAD this company is.. 10 of us resigned at THE SAME TIME in one of the three sites they operate.
Everyone was hired with the idea that we were going to do one job but we end up performing many job titles for the same pay, we were treated like cr. p. Career Advisors beware! Upper Management is very unprofessional, disorganized, they make you work more than 40 hours without $$ compensation or any comp time. I am surprised they have survived as long as they have. More than 60% turnover rate within 6 months. The company is constantly is a state of chaos trying to make deadlines, they hire people for the management team that don't have a clue how to run government programs. If I had known this I would not have taken the job.

Advice: If you want to apply for this company do your homework, investigate, read complains and think twice or better yet don't apply. There are many many many other companies that you would NOT regret working for.
Productive and Fun
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), Camden, NJAugust 28, 2014
Pros: incentives, bonuses and free lunches.
Cons: short deadlines
Learning as employees was key. We would have various training and staff development trainings, to ensure we were able to meet our overall performance goals.

The staff were family oriented and it had a positive effect on our customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the customers to omit life's barrier's.
Enjoyed the work but not the company
Case Manager/Career Agent (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 14, 2014
Pros: working with clients and assisting in barrier remediation
Cons: pay, unprofessional management and lack of organization.
What I enjoyed about this job is working with a cliental that need assistance in becoming independent and self sufficient. However, when I was hired I was told I would have a case load of no more than 50 it turned out my case load was always between 75-90. How can you do proper case management with that high of a case load?? Case managers beware! Upper Management is very unprofessional and like another review stated if you kiss up to the project manager that is your only way up.

Over all this is a very disorganized and unprofessional company and I am surprised they have survived as long as they have. The company does not invest in its employees this is observed in their over 50% turnover rate within 6months. Also, for a company that has been working in workforce development for over 10 years you would think they would have generic established guidelines, this is not the case, the company is constantly is a state of chaos trying to make deadlines. To me this shows that 1. the CEO doesn't really care about hiring appropriate management to ensure organization within departments. 2. lack in investment in its employees. If I had known this I would not have taken the job.

Advice: If you want job security this is not the place for you, If you want to be treated with respect this is not the place for you, If you want to be part of an open minded organization this is not for you. if you want to move up kiss up to management then this is place for you.
Excellent Company
Employment Specialist (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 2, 2014
Customer service driven position, attention to detail is mandatory, excellent communication skills is necessary as well.
A Great Company
Program Manager/Case Manager (Former Employee), Orangeburg, SCMarch 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits, salary, and training.
A great corporation to work for. Great staff and management. The CEO of the company comes quarterly to each contract site. Great staff. I missed working of them.
Fun place to work
Career Agent (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 12, 2014
Fun place to work, work hard play hard. Lite traveling around the city.
Team enviornment fastpacedbut very fun to work
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 14, 2013
Pros: loving team based enviornment
Cons: lots of meetings and deadlines
I learned so much in my time working with KRA. We were dedicated to truly making a difference in the life of others. Everyday in the office brought on a new beginning for one of our clients. I was very adamant about adding value to the lives of our customers, and helping them understand the importance in becoming independent.
A Great Place to Establish a Foundation
Job Developer / Case Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 12, 2013
There is no such thing as a typical day at KRA. You must be able to adapt and be flexible, as our customers are engaged in lifestyles that epitomize constant change. I've learned a plethora of information regarding workforce development and public benefits. In addition, I've also learned about evolving socioeconomic trends that play giant roles in workforce development and job placements. Management can fluctuate due to the nature of contracted, for-profit, workforce development programs. I do enjoy working with everyone on a daily basis, including management. The hardest part about the job is having the hope or anticipation that customers will make the effort to change their lives in a positive manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others succeed and sharing the joy.
Work Force Development
Job Developer/Instructor (Current Employee), Camden, NJJune 20, 2013
"KRA is a Workforce Development Corporation. Its service design is to develop soft and vocational skills as it relates to employment. All customers serviced by KRA receive vocational assessments and intense one on one case management." For more information please go to kra.com
Horrible place to work..
Career Coach (Former Employee), BaltimoreMay 13, 2013
Pros: close to inner harbor
Cons: too much work for the amount of pay
This company "supposedly" advocate for the low income population that is receiving governmental assistance. The employees are ghetto and very unprofessional. They make up rules on a daily basis. If you don't suck up to the program manager, you are useless. They really need ethical training. This company is just a big ghetto playground in an office setting.
Mostly good but lousy pay
Job Coach and Career Agent (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 3, 2013
Pros: corporate culture, co-workers
Cons: pay is horrible
My experience at KRA was both rewarding and disappointing. The culture and teamwork of the staff was second to none.

Positives:

This was the first place where I can honestly say everyone got along with each other. I also found that the corporate culture was very good. KRA was a very ethical company, that's saying a lot in the workforce development industry. The staff actually cared about the customers they served and it showed. The company health and benefits were good.

Negatives: The pay was awful. We got paid semi-monthly instead of bi-weekly which always felt like you were being robbed of hours worked. The company was also cheap in investing in its staff. I have never worked in a place where I saw so much talent walk out of the door out of frustration. The retirement plan was a joke. The management, particularly at the corporate office seemed to be totally out of the loop with what was going on in the field. Policies changed sometimes day to day which was very frustrating for staff and customers alike.

All in all, if you want to work in the Workforce Development field and get good experience, I would recommend it. However, just be aware that you will be one paycheck away from joining the welfare line yourself. A good company, but cheap.
productive and great teamwork
Career Counselor (Former Employee), Somerset, kyOctober 2, 2012
Pros: great benefits, wonderful supervisors
Cons: the travel
KRA was an excellent place to work. The company fair and truthful.
Good people to work for
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia,PAFebruary 21, 2012
Pros: the people
Cons: hours
Fast pace ,always changing work environment.Good place to cut our teeth in social work.