KRA Corporation

KRA Corporation Employer Reviews

Excellent Company
Employment Specialist (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 2, 2014
Customer service driven position, attention to detail is mandatory, excellent communication skills is necessary as well.
A Great Company
Program Manager/Case Manager (Former Employee), Orangeburg, SCMarch 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits, salary, and training.
A great corporation to work for. Great staff and management. The CEO of the company comes quarterly to each contract site. Great staff. I missed working of them.
Fun place to work
Career Agent (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 12, 2014
Fun place to work, work hard play hard. Lite traveling around the city.
Team enviornment fastpacedbut very fun to work
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 14, 2013
Pros: loving team based enviornment
Cons: lots of meetings and deadlines
I learned so much in my time working with KRA. We were dedicated to truly making a difference in the life of others. Everyday in the office brought on a new beginning for one of our clients. I was very adamant about adding value to the lives of our customers, and helping them understand the importance in becoming independent.
A Great Place to Establish a Foundation
Job Developer / Case Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 12, 2013
There is no such thing as a typical day at KRA. You must be able to adapt and be flexible, as our customers are engaged in lifestyles that epitomize constant change. I've learned a plethora of information regarding workforce development and public benefits. In addition, I've also learned about evolving socioeconomic trends that play giant roles in workforce – more... development and job placements. Management can fluctuate due to the nature of contracted, for-profit, workforce development programs. I do enjoy working with everyone on a daily basis, including management. The hardest part about the job is having the hope or anticipation that customers will make the effort to change their lives in a positive manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others succeed and sharing the joy. – less
Work Force Development
Job Developer/Instructor (Current Employee), Camden, NJJune 20, 2013
"KRA is a Workforce Development Corporation. Its service design is to develop soft and vocational skills as it relates to employment. All customers serviced by KRA receive vocational assessments and intense one on one case management." For more information please go to kra.com
Horrible place to work..
Career Coach (Former Employee), BaltimoreMay 13, 2013
Pros: close to inner harbor
Cons: too much work for the amount of pay
This company "supposedly" advocate for the low income population that is receiving governmental assistance. The employees are ghetto and very unprofessional. They make up rules on a daily basis. If you don't suck up to the program manager, you are useless. They really need ethical training. This company is just a big ghetto playground in an office setting.
Mostly good but lousy pay
Job Coach and Career Agent (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 3, 2013
Pros: corporate culture, co-workers
Cons: pay is horrible
My experience at KRA was both rewarding and disappointing. The culture and teamwork of the staff was second to none.

Positives:

This was the first place where I can honestly say everyone got along with each other. I also found that the corporate culture was very good. KRA was a very ethical company, that's saying a lot in the workforce development – more... industry. The staff actually cared about the customers they served and it showed. The company health and benefits were good.

Negatives: The pay was awful. We got paid semi-monthly instead of bi-weekly which always felt like you were being robbed of hours worked. The company was also cheap in investing in its staff. I have never worked in a place where I saw so much talent walk out of the door out of frustration. The retirement plan was a joke. The management, particularly at the corporate office seemed to be totally out of the loop with what was going on in the field. Policies changed sometimes day to day which was very frustrating for staff and customers alike.

All in all, if you want to work in the Workforce Development field and get good experience, I would recommend it. However, just be aware that you will be one paycheck away from joining the welfare line yourself. A good company, but cheap. – less
productive and great teamwork
Career Counselor (Former Employee), Somerset, kyOctober 2, 2012
Pros: great benefits, wonderful supervisors
Cons: the travel
KRA was an excellent place to work. The company fair and truthful.
Good people to work for
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia,PAFebruary 21, 2012
Pros: the people
Cons: hours
Fast pace ,always changing work environment.Good place to cut our teeth in social work.