KRA Corporation Employee Reviews

Friendly work atmosphere
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2016
A typical day at work interviewed incoming clients from Welfare to work program. Facilitated orientation and assigned each client a Career Agent. Also assigned clients a work site. We were assisting clients in getting back into the workforce. Clients were given incentives for completing different phases of the program.
Administrative assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 17, 2016
Liaison to executive team; securing directors office , files, equipment , and keys.
Engaged students about classes, timesheet , event , activities, and provided general duties.
Pros
lunch
Cons
breaks
Good Company to Work For
Career Coach (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2016
I enjoyed my short tenure with KRA. They're a new company in this market and they brought some innovative methods to the workforce development system here. I wish them the best!
Pros
Good people, company is invested in the staff
Cons
The healthcare plan is expensive and it's through United Healthcare.
This was a great project to on.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 5, 2016
Provide Technical and research support in the areas of Civil Rights Policy, Federal workforce development initiatives, and the implementation of skill standards-based curricula at the state and local level of government.
Professional representation at all times
Career Agent (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 3, 2015
It was a wonderful organization to work with ,there was always very professional approach to the work. Clients are first in terms of there needs being met.
Advancement
Supervisor /Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 21, 2015
Organization provided services to clients in need, as an employee you had an opportunity to participate this practice. Most employees took pride in working with these individuals and extended services when needed.
Pros
Training
Cons
Funding sources
Great place to help people out of bad times!
Career Agent (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 7, 2015
Provided employment opportunities for individuals to assist in the goal of them becoming self-sufficient through the implementation of the Virginia Initiative for Employment not Welfare (VIEW) Program.
Love the Position I was in.
WEX Activity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 5, 2015
Loved working with different people. Coming to a workforce development program and they are willing to go out and look for employment and volunteer until they find employment and helping one another
Numbers focused human services corporation
Career Agent (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 22, 2015
Interesting work places with unique management. Not all about the numbers but also about helping clients grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics.
Productive good working environment non-profit employemnt.
Case Manager / Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2015
Daily work consisted of providing services to clients that were in work transition from welfare to work, ex-offender clients re-enter the workforce, and working with noncustodial parents with family court of Philadelphia PA. I learned the aspects of the working in an office structure with management as a team in effort to accomplish the goals on our clients and the program.

Working with the program the most difficult task was ensuring that all files, documentation, and case narratives were complete. The rewards were to witness a client completing the program by successfully improving his education level, his social-economic level, most all being able to work and provide for his family.
Cons
Great people!
Very Fun and interactive place to work.
Career Agent (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 30, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the youth in the Mayor's Youth Academy. My co-workers, who were also college student, were very delightful and all around enjoyable people.
Learned a lot about working with diferent people
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 15, 2015
worked the front desk and in the filing customers paperwork.
fax, handled small issue with customers. watch the front of the office.
I really liked work with different people who came in.
Worst company in USA
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 21, 2015
To give you an idea how BAD this company is.. 10 of us resigned at THE SAME TIME in one of the three sites they operate.
Everyone was hired with the idea that we were going to do one job but we end up performing many job titles for the same pay, we were treated like cr. p. Career Advisors beware! Upper Management is very unprofessional, disorganized, they make you work more than 40 hours without $$ compensation or any comp time. I am surprised they have survived as long as they have. More than 60% turnover rate within 6 months. The company is constantly is a state of chaos trying to make deadlines, they hire people for the management team that don't have a clue how to run government programs. If I had known this I would not have taken the job.

Advice: If you want to apply for this company do your homework, investigate, read complains and think twice or better yet don't apply. There are many many many other companies that you would NOT regret working for.
Pros
Cons
Management and everything else.
Productive and Fun
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 28, 2014
Learning as employees was key. We would have various training and staff development trainings, to ensure we were able to meet our overall performance goals.

The staff were family oriented and it had a positive effect on our customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the customers to omit life's barrier's.
Pros
Incentives, bonuses and free lunches.
Cons
Short deadlines
Enjoyed the work but not the company
Case Manager/Career Agent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 14, 2014
What I enjoyed about this job is working with a cliental that need assistance in becoming independent and self sufficient. However, when I was hired I was told I would have a case load of no more than 50 it turned out my case load was always between 75-90. How can you do proper case management with that high of a case load?? Case managers beware! Upper Management is very unprofessional and like another review stated if you kiss up to the project manager that is your only way up.

Over all this is a very disorganized and unprofessional company and I am surprised they have survived as long as they have. The company does not invest in its employees this is observed in their over 50% turnover rate within 6months. Also, for a company that has been working in workforce development for over 10 years you would think they would have generic established guidelines, this is not the case, the company is constantly is a state of chaos trying to make deadlines. To me this shows that 1. the CEO doesn't really care about hiring appropriate management to ensure organization within departments. 2. lack in investment in its employees. If I had known this I would not have taken the job.

Advice: If you want job security this is not the place for you, If you want to be treated with respect this is not the place for you, If you want to be part of an open minded organization this is not for you. if you want to move up kiss up to management then this is place for you.
Pros
Working with clients and assisting in barrier remediation
Cons
pay, unprofessional management and lack of organization.
Excellent Company
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 2, 2014
Customer service driven position, attention to detail is mandatory, excellent communication skills is necessary as well.
A Great Company
Program Manager/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMarch 28, 2014
A great corporation to work for. Great staff and management. The CEO of the company comes quarterly to each contract site. Great staff. I missed working of them.
Pros
Great benefits, salary, and training.
Fun place to work
Career Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 12, 2014
Fun place to work, work hard play hard. Lite traveling around the city.
Team enviornment fastpacedbut very fun to work
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2013
I learned so much in my time working with KRA. We were dedicated to truly making a difference in the life of others. Everyday in the office brought on a new beginning for one of our clients. I was very adamant about adding value to the lives of our customers, and helping them understand the importance in becoming independent.
Pros
Loving team based enviornment
Cons
lots of meetings and deadlines
A Great Place to Establish a Foundation
Job Developer / Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 12, 2013
There is no such thing as a typical day at KRA. You must be able to adapt and be flexible, as our customers are engaged in lifestyles that epitomize constant change. I've learned a plethora of information regarding workforce development and public benefits. In addition, I've also learned about evolving socioeconomic trends that play giant roles in workforce development and job placements. Management can fluctuate due to the nature of contracted, for-profit, workforce development programs. I do enjoy working with everyone on a daily basis, including management. The hardest part about the job is having the hope or anticipation that customers will make the effort to change their lives in a positive manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others succeed and sharing the joy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KRA Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.