Kraft Heinz Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,392 reviews matching the search
Great place to work with other team members
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 11, 2017
Management was difficult to work with. It seemed as though no matter how hard you worked they where never satisfied with the excellence of a team that was dedicated to work that was involved with a corporation that involved food service to the community. The most enjoyable part of the job was the teamwork and comradeship where everyone wanted to work together.

The hardest part of the job was trying to circumvent the culture of management and the fact that they where not involved in the progression of production. They wanted to just discipline when things went wrong, but when the team members needed help in training and advancement they didn't come through.
Pros
Great benefits, wages and plenty of money. Good breaks and lunches.
Cons
Poor management, turnover ratio due to temp workers coming and going
Challenging, completly acheivable, but, very unsecure
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2017
I do thoroughly enjoy working at Kraft-Heinz I have found the company challenging and this company will pay you out excessively if you meet your goals. I'm not a fan of the business practice. The company is run more like an investment firm buying and selling stocks as opposed to driving home a vision supported by initiatives. I do believe in a future here, but, I'd like to see senior leadership start valuing their people more so than the numbers that occur on spreadsheets.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Job Security
Retired Team Leader
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 2, 2016
Worked there for 16 years. I've seen a lot of changes through the years. You are able to be promoted with in the company if you are a hard worker, and lead by example. The changes that are taking place now is for the good of job security for long term. I personally know change is hard, but to compete with other Food manufacturing plants you have to try different programs to cut cost and save money in order to stay competitive in the food manufacturing world.
Pros
Very caring co workers, and Management, Good benefits Great pay!!
Cons
Working in the cold, and lots of physical labor. A lot of people can't do this type of work!
CLASS D OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMarch 1, 2017
Great place to work for the pay and benefits with a chance to upgrade everyday to higher paying positions that you may qualify for. Working at kraft for seven years was sometimes challenging depending on who you work after and whatever position you have that particular day because somedays I would be in a whole different department which was sometimes stressful but manageable. I learned so much at kraft, from the forklift driving all the way to being a machine operator and being responsible for training new recruits on a weekly basis.
Pros
great benefits, great incentives, company match
Cons
short breaks, bad communication, forced overtime
Great hours/pay horrible management and scheduling
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 27, 2016
This place is good to work for, but the scheduling is horrible. They will have you work every shift regardless of your preference or personal life balance. Management is terrible, rude, inconsistent, and disorganized. Besides scheduling and management, the people that work there are awesome, you will make friends quickly, and the people that work there have been there for years.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, friendly people
Cons
poor scheduling and management
Working towards efficiency and cost reduction
Enhancers Training Coordinator/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 21, 2016
Company management, not plant management, is too concerned with saving every dollar. Company shut down 7 plants and relocated production lines with very poor planning. Money is being cut in the wrong places. I'm all for saving money and reallocating tasks, however it cannot affect the safety and quality of very profitable products. Management needs to take a step back and look at the picture as a whole and put the right people in place to get the job done right the first time.
Pros
401K match, health and wellbeing program
Cons
healthcare costs are extremely unreasonable
Slow transition post merger but optimism prevails
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2017
With any change in an organization, the culture is weakened slightly. KHC did an okay job to manage the potential shift pre and post merger. They're still working on it but the point is, they are working on it. HR is going through transitions operationally before they can focus on restrengthening what makes Kraft Heinz great. The strength of the company will be determined by their ability to refocus communication and gossip on the weak culture into an optimistic future growth plan with advancement opportunities for those who want to work hard.
Pros
Career advancement, financial responsibility through ZBB
Cons
Culture, teamwork, management, work-life balance
A place to make good money
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 1, 2017
The pay scale and raises are good with very good benefits, however the hours are long which include being forced to work 10 or 20 extra hours. Absences are not tollerated and are on a point system which is cause for high turnover rates.
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
Long hours no family life
Kraft was a hard place to work at
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIMarch 12, 2017
you work 7 days a week there's days I worked 20 days in a row before having off management was horrible bounced a lot worked a lot of 12hrs got along with other workers people were nice took over my life with working so much if your single with no kids good job the people made work easy and fast
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Often worked 7 days a week
The temperature was consistently freezing and overtime was excessive.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 21, 2017
Hostile work atmosphere remained unaddressed after several attempts to work out.Safety concerns unaddressed. Management was unwilling to resolve issues.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Hostile work environment where issues not addressed, extreme temperature, excessive overtime.
Food Production Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Avon, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Mandatory overtime expected. Management will work with you. Training is offered and benefits are available. Must be able to stand for long periods and work in cold environment
A lot of opportunity for advancement
Retail Merchandiser Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2017
This is a great company to work for in regards to their benefits and size as they are many opportunity for advancement. Re location is often a key part but that could be a plus.
Pros
Many opportunities
Cons
Sales objectives could be hard to reach
Very good management the time I was there
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 28, 2016
Kraft was a fast paced , never boring place of employment. I started out on an entry level position and advance to operator position within a satisfactory time period. The management was excellent at my time of hiring, and my co-workers were team players and willing to help in any way. The hardest part of the job was getting product out on a scheduled time when we had maintenance issues or machine failure, but we had a good maintenance crew that worked hard to ensure we kept on schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking pride in the work one accomplished at the end of the day.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Rotating shifts
Wonderful company
Military Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, AlaskaFebruary 15, 2017
As a Military Sales Representative, I worked strictly in the commissary selling in KraftHeinz products. I loved my job, until they brokered it out to another company. I had to reapply for my job and took a big cut in pay, benefits and hours. I was able to create my own schedule and work around a second job.
Pros
Worked the schedule I wanted
Cons
lost job to a broker company
Professional Work Environment
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 20, 2017
Provided adequate work/life balance and compensation. Job duties were direct and achievable. The work environment and culture was pleasant. Benefits were in line with industry standards.
Great pay
Processing scheduling lead (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 16, 2017
Challenging and rewarding career. Have had the opportunity to get to know some great people. A lot of staff turnover and job security not the highest
Pros
Salary, people
decent place
Lunchables/AP Operator/Raw (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 16, 2017
I enjoy working in the company. I really am not bothered by the refrigerator temps of about 32-40*. the work is overall easy and easy to learn. only bad thing is you do work a lot of hours and days depending on your shift it doesn't give you much of an outside life... it pays well and has good benefits 401k plan vision and dental.
Workplace
friendly co-workers
great location
under staffed
nice open work environment
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Bad Management
Wouldn't bother applying if you expect raises and not be treated like a dog
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILAugust 22, 2016
Worked in Capri maintenance for almost 3 years. From day one I was misinformed on company policies a was told of advancement opportunities but, it's a test based advancement and management doesn't send people to test to keep there bottom line low. Real quick turnaround and since 2014 they had 9 senior guys leave the company because of the stress and changes made. Mechanics are treated like dogs and don't get caught trying to cool down(no ac in shop and most of plant) or they will run you in the ground. Overtime is a daily deal and if on the off shifts the crews are made of very young college grads with no to very little experience. I saw the fall and decided I was burnt out and too stressed to stay any longer. Good starter job, lots of stuff breaking all the time. But employees are very burnt out and the environment is very hostile. No parts in house to fix things, so your job gets very stressful fast. Pay is also low starting and they don't allow progressive movement up the ladder.
Pros
some of coworkers are nice
Cons
the entire management and the benefits are horrible
You can make a lot of money there
Package Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 6, 2016
The work is not hard at all, but the hours can be long. It depends on how much they have to run or how many people they're short. It could mean 12 or 16 hour shifts.
Pros
Off on all major holidays, good pay & benefits.
Cons
Long hours and weekend work. Mostly Saturday's.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kraft Heinz Company. Our community is ready to answer.