Kraton Polymers

Kraton Polymers Employer Reviews

Dynamic Workplace...
Senior IT Analyst and Desktop Support Tier III (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 13, 2013
My experience at Kraton Polymers over the last 5 years was dynamic and I learned a lot about myself. I worked on various project from VMware, Citrix, SCCM, MDT, WSUS, SQL, Oracle, Kace, Lync, Windows 7 rollout to Desktop Support for 1,100 end-users globally.
Great pay, but you have to put up with alot of BS for the pay.
Technician (Former Employee), Park Row, Houston,TXAugust 5, 2013
Pros: good pay and benifits
Cons: very micro-managed by hr and some department managers.
Most of the Scientists are very nice and personable. The Lab technicians are for the most part very nice. You do have a few snakes in the grass when it comes to the tech's. They suck up to management to get ahead and will take credit for the work you do, if you are not careful. They will try to make you look bad and them look good to management. Very – more... childish.
Upper mangaement definately looks down on the technicians. There is a division between the scientists and the technicians and inturn they treat the technicians like second class citizens.
Perception is how management looks at things when it comes to the tech's. If your asking another technician a question about work and a manager see's you talking you will get in trouble. It does not matter if it is about work. It is percieved that you are goofing off PERIOD!
HR and upper management are a huge problem at Kraton, well for the most part they are the only problem at Kraton!

Very Micromanaged, not a pleasent work enviroment when dealing with management, and treated very poorly if your a technician. Sorry, but telling it like it is! – less
Enjoyable place to work
Senior Administrative Secretary (Current Employee), Belpre, OhioSeptember 17, 2012
I am currently a contractor looking for more stable work. Right now I do not have any benefits (for example, medical insurance, vacation/sick days, etc.) I truly enjoy working here, I just need something more permanent.
Balance of general purpose and innovative SBC technologies
Sales (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 29, 2012
Innovative company with extensive R&D resources and polymer technology is applicable to wide range of applications.

Very high turnover, little to zero career path or development. Not a comfortable work environment and minimal organized product training.

Above average compensation.

About Kraton Polymers

When the rubber meets the road, Kraton Polymers is responsible for both ends of the equation. It makes chemical ingredients used – Read more