Kratos Defense Employee Reviews

Good but needs work
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 4, 2017
Good supervisor. Go in do your work. No one bothers you. Leads are helpful and so is the supervisor. Good working environment. Better pay is needed. When they get low on work, start looking for another job.
Bunch of snakes ( san diego, CA office)
Accounting (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 3, 2017
I didn't work there long, but during my stint there, encountered snickers and sneers, things being said about you to other employees but in an ambiguous way, and let us not forget how expendable you are!
What ever you do, do not confront anyone that you hear with your own ears saying derogatory things about you). They will start crying and call you intimidating. Then the Kevin Walden (c.i.o.) will hear said employee there whimpering about it...but never hearing what this employee said to warrant their now hurt feelings and you will be let go without explanation. Don't you just love the at-will California state?
Also, NEVER believe the managers when they say they your job is secure. Though this is what they tell you to your face, they're already looking online for your replacement. There are at least hundreds of terminations a DAY! So that should give you an indication of how valued you are. (The majority of them are involuntary)
So my advice to anyone considering this company, you will experience bullying, you will be lied to by people who come off as sincere, and the egos there are easily bruised. So you basically have to grit and bear it for at least 6 months until you gain the experience, but after that RUN!!!!!!
Pros
Location to restaurants
Cons
Very clique-ish, newbies opinions arent considered, CIO has nothing better to do but walk around all the time
It's what they don't tell you that matters
technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2016
Like technicians are only paid if they work on billable jobs: If there is no work scheduled, you don't get paid but are expected to be available and "on Call" for after hours service.
Management will promise the world and deliver nothing just to get the job or appease the employee(or potential new employee). Typical back stabbing from others so CYA.
Work life balance: no! You are expected to leave your company phone on 24x7 and be available for calls. If you don't answer, your in deep stuff.
Pros
ok employee benefits
Cons
never off the job and don't get paid if you dont work on a billable job.
A ok job
Security Escort (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GANovember 20, 2016
Kratos was a ok job a very easy job.
The Management never came to check on the employees and never gave raises. Its a very underpaid job
Pros
Great Health insurance Off on Holidays and Weekends
Cons
Terrible Pay and the management sucked they didnt care about the employees
Management Through Intimidation Orlando Simulation
Management (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 19, 2016
The Good Ole Boy network thrives in this dysfunctional work environment. If you're not part of it prepare to be bullied when asked to do the impossible.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Work environment and location
Worst company I ever worked for
Title (Former Employee) –  NationwideJuly 8, 2016
No support at all from upper management. IT subscribes to 12-15 users licenses on software when 50-75 people have access to the program. It's impossible to access the program during regular business hours. You'd think that a company that has multi-million dollar govt contracts would not allow men to use the women's bathroom.
Pros
Techs are great people
Cons
Everything about the company
Not much if any support from upper management and set unrealistic expectations I would definitely not recommend working in the Charleston location
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston South CarolinaJanuary 7, 2016
No support from upper management, unrealistic goals and expectations from upper management. No teamwork from fellow managers and engineering. Human resources was not much help in getting employees that were qualified or offered them enough pay for skilled labor.
Great people to work with but job can be very boring at times.
SECURITY ESCORT (Current Employee) –  Robins AFB, GAOctober 30, 2015
I worked with really good people and the team leads were awesome and really cared for those they supervised. Met and made some really good friends. The hardest part of the job was that sometimes there can be a lot of idle time and there's not much to do to fill that time in.
Pros
People
Cons
Constant change over.
Good fun workplace with good people
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FlJune 1, 2015
Clean outstanding work conditions and management in a nice large air conditioned shop. Everyone is friendly and work is good.. Pay is overall great for the Central Florida market.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Short Contracts
A company in constant flux
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Western SectorDecember 21, 2014
This was a very good job with a very short vision of what they could be doing. The management does not seem to know if they want to be in the security business or not. There was a lot of turnover throughout my time there and I had 6 bosses in 18 months. I never got to know any of them very well and they were all over the country in different states. Good people there, but the organization is a mess.
Not a good company to work for
title (Former Employee) –  Fair LawnMarch 13, 2014
They promised a lot, they did not deliver. Kratos has expanded in the past three years, their is no corporate culture, or command. I was hired as a full time employee, but was treated like a consultant. The pay was below average, and the benefits where taken away from me when i did not get my early enrollment done in 30 days after on-boarding (i was completing a city wide deployment project so was in the field for 10 hour days, with out health insurance). As soon as the project that i was hired for was through, they showed me to the door. I would not recommend the NJ office in Fair Lawn. Lastly my laptop was hacked twice, when reported to management nothing, to many low level managers have access to monitor the employees PC's and they share that access out to their group.
Pros
rusty toilets
Cons
your a contractor
Excelent company to work for!
frmer HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 27, 2014
I worked for Kratos for just under a year and cannot say enough good things about this company.
Pros
Good work life balance ethics
Cons
Can't think of any off hand...
Great job, but near to impossible management issues
Strategic Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 5, 2012
I thoroughly enjoy what I do (Strategic Account Mgmt), but the management here makes it nearly impossible to leave each day feeling like you've accomplished anything.
Pros
fun job, never gets boring
Cons
difficult managment
Great Company Vehicles
Sr. Lead Tech Installer, Project Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 23, 2012
Kratos/HBE has a newer fleet of company vehicles that, for the most part, are well maintained.
Pros
great benifits.
Cons
mgt