Krispy Kreme Employee Reviews

Tales of an intern
International Operations & Event Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 8, 2017
I arrived the week after a shake up of the SMT on my first day as an intern, so a lot was changing, but that made for fun work. The operations isnt the most fun part of the job, but new store openings means opportunity for travel. I would've sought fulltime employment had one employee not made racist comments and gotten away with it.
Pros
Free coffee and donuts. Very fun corporate culture.
Cons
Traffic around Knollwood office. It's north carolina so southern culture sometimes prevails.
Co-workers are great to work with, but management is very difficult to communicate with
Retail crew member (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 28, 2017
The place overall is an ok place to work at.The co-workers are good to work with, and the work area overall is nice. The management, however, is the blemish of this establishment. They hardly try to work with employees, and when they do they're very transparent about what they want from them. There are a few managers that are better than others, but in general they have no communication with employees whatsoever.
Pros
Free doughnuts
Cons
Everything else
The Doughnut word is much more then just selling doughnuts.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Havertown, PAJanuary 28, 2017
My typical day when I am opening is to set the store up. I get the register ready and the doughnut case set up. I make sure the dinning room is clean and stocked and we are ready to greet our first guest of the day. I then have my flash report and labor report to complete. I then help guests and answer any calls that may come in. I also maintain the inventory and daily ordering. Depending on the day I may have to do the employee schedule or weekly sales reports and profit and loss statements. The mail part of my day is keeping an eye on food costs, reports and guest satisfaction.
Pros
Each day is different and I get to deal with the public.
Cons
I have an hour long commute each way to work.
My experience at Hoover Krispy Kreme
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJanuary 18, 2017
The hardest part of working here for me was that management was not too great. Some managers did their job, then others did not. Some of the managers only did their job when corporate would arrive. Those types of managers made the work day become stressful. The pay was great in my opinion. If management was better, then I would have continued working there during my college breaks.
Pros
free doughnuts during breaks, good pay
Cons
bad management
cashier
Crew Member / Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 21, 2017
this job is a great job to have but from the experience from the location that I worked for is very disrespectful, rude and unprofessional. They don't care about their employees. It was a lot of arguing and altercations. managers and supervisors is very disrespectful to employees, we were cursed out most of the days just down right disrespectful.
Pros
free doughnuts
Cons
no benefits, no raises
I practically do everything from production of doughnuts to cashier to cleaning the store
Cashier, Customer service, 1st & 2nd shift (Current Employee) –  Clive, IAJanuary 21, 2017
They need more employees because it's actually hard to run the only Krispy Kreme in Iowa and it's always busy especially on weekends and we should be getting payed more 10 instead of 9 with all I do and things I have to take are of
Cons
Not enough workers can never find anyone to work for me but I'm always working for peo
Krispy Kreme was a great place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 6, 2017
I start at Krispy Kreme as a cashier and with 3 years I was one of the assistant mangers. I met many people there, customers and co-workers. It was a busy establishment for a few years. If you wanted hours they were there. The more I got promoted (from cashier to production to asst. manger), the job became more stressful. But it was stress that could be handled.
Pros
One of the pros were you could eat all the doughnuts you wanted.
Cons
One of the cons were that when you became an assistant manger, you worked 50+ hours a week.
Delivery Driver=Fun Work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 13, 2017
I worked the night shift as a delivery driver for Krispy Kreme. There were several of us who drove to different locations to deliver donuts and setup displays at those locations. The driving and delivery became risky in the winter months. It's not worth it to lose your life or health to deliver donuts.
Pros
Very good pay for delivery drivers, health insurance, retirement fund
Cons
dangerous to drive routes in the winter
Fun job to have. It cant get any better.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 12, 2017
The pay is great and the people are fun to be around. I've been working there for 5 years. I've seen people come and go, by death or quits, since I started.
Unfortunately, my store ( 4901Virginia beach blvd) has suffered a major loss when our manger of 30+ years passed away.
Pros
Free employee dozen every friday and 50% discounts
Cons
10 and 30 minute break, no jewelry
Not a good job for people over 25
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJanuary 31, 2017
Basically a family run operation so theres always something going on lol. GREAT PAY ...BUT if ur not a long term carreer job ....unless ur in with the family you will be treated like gold for a while but they know someone else will replace u.Run more like a popularity contest then a work place.
Pros
Good pay. Paid weekly.
Cons
Short to no break if ur not a smoker...or a favorite
fun and flexible work hours
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Watauga, TXFebruary 28, 2017
A regular day at Krispy Kreme as a supervisor is taking care of customers, preparing paperwork for the end of the shift, clean the entire store, and finish with supervisor paperwork. I have learned a lot from this job, on how to manage a shift crew and supervise. This place has very flexible hours that work around my college hours.
Pros
flexibility
Great company, but too little pay for amount of work.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIMarch 15, 2017
Krispy Kreme is an awesome company, but in the end, I look for monetary appreciation and growth/advancement. I know of too many cases where there is passion in an employee, but because of the terrible pay and nowhere to advance, they leave the company. Unfortunately, I feel I'm next.
Pros
Flexibility, SWEET
Cons
Pay, No Growth
no work life balance
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 18, 2017
Typical day consist of showing up sorting your load for the day loading into truck and delivering to customers usually between 18 and 28 stops depending on route. They do not give raises, only one week of vacation, no personal days. You can't tell how much you get paid just have to hope they are being honest.
Pros
free donuts
Cons
no raises, no family life
Productive workplace.
Packer/Processor (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALJanuary 18, 2017
A typical day at work is constantly working with doughnuts, selling, processing and boxing the product. You will see how the doughnuts are made and the variety of doughnuts. Management was bad but working on getting better. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with co-workers whom are willing to work together.
Pros
free doughnuts
Cons
short breaks
fun work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAMarch 6, 2017
I liked my work environment but it just simply was not the best place for me to flourish. I think as a beginning job for a teenager it's perfect. It's good pay for someone who doesn't have many expenses as there aren't many opportunities for growth in the company.
Pros
Fun, charismatic work environment
Cons
Not enough pay, not much room for advancement
Custoner Service
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNDecember 1, 2016
I typically come check my schedule assign people jobs according to the number of hours that they work and the best place for the best customer service. I then do paper work count the cash, inventory, read and follow up with all emails. I contact the customers and follow up on bad experiences and turn bad experience into a better experience. Filling truck order and rotating merchandise assigning tasks to help make sure that the store stays clean.
Pros
working with the customer and providing great service
Cons
Long hours and lack of support as a assistant store manager
time consuming and lack of work/life balance
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAFebruary 15, 2017
Working with Krispy Kreme is demanding personally and there is very little concern for work/life balance. Expectation is a 12 hour work day and to be in contact with unit 24 hours a day. Hardest part of job is staffing and holding team accountable with little backup from company.
Pros
free doughnuts
Cons
no breaks
Productive And Very Useful Community Outreach
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 26, 2016
• A typical day you'd make and sell doughnuts everyday and customers are very friendly when you smile
• With the coworkers it's a fun process
•Management is tolerable and choosey
• The hardest part about the job is that the customers are indecisive alot at times
• The easiest part about the job is the doughnuts
• I really enjoyed the opportunity
Pros
Doughnuts and wonderful customer interaction
Cons
Tolerable team effort
Friendly atmosphere, lack in professionalism in management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 23, 2016
A typical day consist of morning rush at around 9-10am which keeps you busy and your day running faster. You must learn to be a team player instead of a team hater because you will only slow others down if you don't. Management seems new and lack professionalism from a couple. The hardest part of the job would be the sudden rush of customers at a certain time in the morning. The most enjoyable part of the job is the cooperation and willingness of management to sit down with you and discuss what your concerns or issues are.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers who are always willing to help each other out
Cons
Lack of structure in supervisors
Fun place to work especaily if your in college
Cashier/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 23, 2016
can be a fast paced environment in the morning or on weekends especially after football and basketball games t. iv learned to be patient with people because not everyone knows what they want, management was pretty cool, my co workers were great because we always had a good laugh and got our job done. the hardest part of the job was Fridays because everyone had to close and we all had to find something to do. the most enjoyable part of the job was that we always had some kind of events going on like pirate day where people dressed up silly and spook funny.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Krispy Kreme. Our community is ready to answer.

64%