Krispy Kreme Employee Reviews in United States

Easy and fun place to work
Customer Service and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2016
Working at KK was pretty easy we would basically just set up and restock everything inside the store. Usually I was working with one or two other people. Supervisors and management were pretty laid back, they ran the store smooth. All of the employees were helpful and encouraged one another to work harder. The most enjoyable part was watching customers leave with a smile on their face. The hardest part would be when we ran out of doughnuts and customers would yet and get upset at the employees.
Pros
Free lunch, laid back and fun co-workers
Day after day dough Slave
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 19, 2016
It is a great company to work for if you want to work really hard and not get paid what you deserve. It is a lot of hard work and nothing to compensate for it. If you want a job that will control your entire life and give no free time for yourself this is the job for you.
Worst job ever
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALAugust 14, 2016
DO NOT WORK HERE. DECATUR,AL SITE
Krispy Kreme just opened in our area in January 2016. I started when they first opened. I hired in as a FULL TIME team member. According to handbook a full time employee should average 32 hrs a week. When i first started my first week was a 30 hrs my second was 40 and following a third week of 40 considerably I was making good money when i first started. Eventually as business began to decease so did employees hours. Instead of our manager firing the extra employees on night shift she kept them only giving them 1 day a week with 6-8 hrs. As an employee of any age this is insulting to only receive one day a week. As a full time employee i went down to part time only averaging 20 hours on a good week. Our manager never accredits hard work she only values if you are one of her favorites or not. We had a member of production who you always went out of his way to make sure production was clean, stock, and organized. She made another member of production employee of the month. The employee she made employee of the month didnt even feel like he deserved it and asked the other employee to take the picture with him. She has made people who are bossy and lazy manager instead of people who really care about the store. One manager who used to be a supervisor before he was promoted as a manger shouldn't even work there. He has no idea how to even run production or retail, He literally comes in everyday and tries to experiment with the machines until he messes something up which he will blame on another employee. He only steps out of the office to mess things
  more... up. As I have previous fast food experience I know correct cleaning and closing procedures. A lot of people that work here this is there first job. Most employees here do not follow correct closing procedures. Because of employees lacking basic cleaning skills the restaurant is extremely disgusting. They have RATS!! I told them over and over again if you guys don't start cleaning right we are going to have bugs. Now we have bigger fish to fry.  less
Pros
free doughnuts
Cons
EVERYTHING
Fun staff, but confusing management.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 13, 2016
Since I started, I have really enjoyed it. Almost everyone who works here, except two of the cooks, are really friendly and will help you out if you need it. Even management is easy to get along with. There are a lot of problems that happen though that just never seem to get resolved. So far we have had the AC break down, our ice machine break down and have mold, our esspresso machine broke down, cooling tunnel, which most of got fixed, but a lot of it wasnt fixed in a timely manner, such as the AC, which was really terrible. We also tend to run out of stock on some important things like trash bags or drive thru boxes. Overall though it is a really fun place to be; fun staff, nice customers, a few good places to get lunch, and you get to take home doughnuts.
Pros
50% off menu items, free weekly dozen, sample mew doughnuts
Cons
Sometimes overstocked, things will break down and will not get fixed for maybe over a month
Hiring process
Seeker of employment (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, Ca.August 11, 2016
The product is great, that's where it ends!
I went for an interview. It was a district manager who conducted it. He was 55 minutes late with no explanation or apology offered. I found him to be rude and condescending without end. Questions that were asked and topics of discussion displayed an outstanding display of inappropriate behavior. This individual NEEDS to go back to Managerial training school a long with an extended course in proper etiquette.
The LAST place I'd ever go for employment! This is my opinion!
Pros
I didn't take the job.
Cons
This interview was a waste of my time and fuel.
Franchise perception
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2016
Company has extremely good benefits for employees, vacation, medical/dental, and pay is extremely negotiable. It is actually better to be an outside hired in as they will pay more for those outside of the company. To be successful, expect to spend a lot of time within the store as management has been lacking in the market for several years. Training is typically curtailed after a few weeks and not sufficient for success.
Good
Retail, Production, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 8, 2016
working here is good and they are very flexible with your hours. They are helpful when it comes to working around our school schedule. They are nice and makes it like a family.
Nice place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 7, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Krispy Kreme. The people I worked with are so nice. However I could only work part time, and they do not give benefits to part time employees. I found advancement to be slow as well. I would reccommed working at this location for young people who are just starting out.
Very bad job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAAugust 7, 2016
This was a good job until a manager got fired after that it went downhill the management is very bad.They are very low on employees because everyone has quit. They don't appreciate you . They have no respect for there employee and last with all the things you go through with the job the pay sucks you might as just sign up to be a team member because the productionist does most of the work and gets the worst pay. You will not last.
Pros
Cons
No breaks bad management and very bad pay
Decent Culture
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2016
Very dedicated managers in the units that want to excel need more field support when it comes to maintenance and repairs.
Fun place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 30, 2016
Krispy Kreme is a good part time job to work at. The employees are fun to work with and you learn to interact with people you don't know.
Overall, fun place to work
Certified Training Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 28, 2016
Fun place to work. Limited room for advancement. Very, expensive insurance. Family friendly atmosphere. Flexible work schedule.
Pros
free dozen doughnuts a week
Cons
health care extremely expensive
Good starting job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 27, 2016
I want to move on to bigger and better. We have to clean and maintain safety guidelines while serving customers at an exceptional rate
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No pay raises
Bad Management
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTJuly 26, 2016
Long story short, I was wrongfully terminated because the management misread the schedule that they had written and took it out on me.
Pros
Free Donuts
Cons
Hostile Work Environment, bad management
Constant work flow
Utility (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 25, 2016
Washing trays and taking out the trash were all I did, but the atmosphere was lively. The hardest part of my job was trying to maintain a calm mind while I wash the trays non-stop for 6 hours.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Doughnuts ?
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 25, 2016
The best job in the world ! EASY FUN FRIENDLY ! great customers great regulars great staff of course im speaking upon (2014) workers ONLY !! left April 17, 2015 and the place has not been the same they hired young kids and ran the place down drive by their out of doughnuts or no hot light wish i had never left by far the greast place to work and learn the business very easy to work and come up there and help others along the way ! (well use to be can't speak on 2016)
Pros
New boxes & doughnuts every hoilday
Cons
high school workers
amateur environment
Processing/Retail (Former Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAJuly 23, 2016
Low pay and high expectations. I was expected to complete the tasks and duties of other employees. 3-rd shift is full of elderly and mentally handicapped individuals incapable of performing their jobs. As such, I was expected to complete tasks made even more difficult by an unwilling/incapable work-force.
Flexible
Processor (Former Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAJuly 21, 2016
Flexible. Very friendly. Pay wasn't all that great, The management works with you Really easy job and nice tips. Recommend.
Pros
managment
Cons
Pay
The place of Doughnuts
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJuly 21, 2016
Learned how to run and maintain a cash register. Greeting people with a smile every morning no matter how tried I was.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpaharetta, GaJuly 20, 2016
Non trained managers makes for a tough working environment, When trained you can optimize your ability to person on the job,
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Krispy Kreme. Our community is ready to answer.