Kroger's

not enough money
the pay is not good
Productive and Fun Work Place
Management Internship (Former Employee), Centerville, OHJune 30, 2014
Working at Krogers was a great opportunity that helped me to align my career objectives.
Stressful and demanding job with little to no incentive
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJune 27, 2014
Pros: several breaks, employee discount, flexible availability
Cons: union dues, bad management, low wages for part-time employees, unprofessional behaviours, lack of information/adequate training
A typical day at work at this particular store is often stressful. One does not have many customers to assist, but it can be straining to be the only person in the department and have to help several people at once. Mostly, one was heaped with a good deal of things to do with no help and often had to pick up the slack from the day shift. The most discouraging – more... part of the job was that all the day shift workers would talk about me and the other night shift employees behind our backs, saying how "worthless, lazy, etc." we were. The department manager was no exception. It was discouraging to see the manager engaging in such unprofessional behaviour. However, because the department was always short-handed, they would pretend to be civil to one's face but as soon as you weren't there, they'd begin to speak ill of you. The constant negativity only exacerbated the departmental "drama." The manager also had temper tantrums at times. The upper management did not seem to follow through with their promises, and it seemed as though they did not care to resolve the issues at hand. No one but the night shift believed in teamwork; day shift's motto was "every man for themselves." They did not say this, of course, but their actions and countenances spoke for them.

However, I enjoyed working with my other night shift co-workers as they were pleasant, hard-working people who helped one another. I learned how to operate different forms of machinery and I learned how to write on cakes, but aside from that I did not learn any new skills, only that this place was not right for me. If anyone were to try to join this department at this particular location, I would have to dissuade them as best as I could. – less
Enjoyed working with the company
Salad Bar Attendant (Former Employee), Dent, Cincinnati, OHJune 24, 2014
Pros: i would see a couple of the cincinnati bengal football players come in.
Cons: you had to join the union and pay dues. they made sure you never got full time.
I would clean and cut the fruit and vegetables. Mix and make all of the salads and dips.
Great place w/cable tv
CASIER/DELI CLERK (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXJune 24, 2014
Pros: eating hot meals in the deli
Cons: no breaks if working late shift everyone is gone
clocking in and making sure meat was cut correctly. How to slice meat. Management was do as I saynot as I do! They got away with too much under handed stuff. Waiting on inpatient customers and having to clean before leaving. Learning the rules as you go and the dept hour changes. I liked the people I worked with some of my co-workers were great!
Great place w/cable tv
CASIER/DELI CLERK (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXJune 24, 2014
Pros: eating hot meals in the deli
Cons: no breaks if working late shift everyone is gone
Working for Kroger I learned some recipes from the regular customers.
Cashier (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 18, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: not enough hours, part-time for years needing full-time hours.
A typical day consist of operating the cash register in a prompt manner while maintaining efficiency. Provided friendly Customer Service at all times. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning so much about food from the customers.
ASP
Assistant Support Personnel (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 11, 2014
Great company to work for, Most co workers are great to work with and very patient.
A smooth work place with poor service
Cashier (Former Employee), Clinton, MSJune 9, 2014
Pros: never
Cons: never want too
A typical day at work was one I had to not for get to press the print papers out for the gas trucks so you can do the report on them, but I've learned how to pay attention to everything more harder now, the management rarely poor because they swiftly showed you, my co-workers was great, the hardest part was when you had to close sometimes alone, But – more... the most enjoyable part was working with a different types customers making them happy and smiling. – less
no room for advancement
Courtesy Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 3, 2014
it sucked I never felt like I was ever going to move up in the company and they treat their employees like they aren't much of anything
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Durham, NCMay 30, 2014
Light supervisor skills
Work in the account office
Had to schedule team breaks and lunches
Hardest learning how to work around the customers when they were upset but that made me strong
Enjoyable working with coworkers
NIce place
Office Assistant (Former Employee), West Point, MSMay 22, 2014
Kroger was very cool and laid back. If you work hard, you can advance. Hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult people
Fun and productive place to be.
Cashier (Former Employee), Belpre, OHMay 2, 2014
Pros: helping customers
Cons: they sell cigarettes and alcohol
Always a fun place to be, and getting to talk with the customers, and helping with their needs.
O.K. employer.
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 29, 2014
Pros: a place where you can advance.
Cons: with the amount of revenue this company brings in, they should not start workers off at minimum wage.
Working for Krogers can be very demanding at times. They wont officially hire you in full time until after a long period of time but will leave you part-time in their system with full time hours.
Unorganized Management
Coffee Shop Clerk (Former Employee), Henrico, VAApril 25, 2014
The work itself was simple. Dealing with a manager that continuously lie about other coworkers to higher management was hard to deal with. The way my manager, and some other managers conducted themselves in unprofessional manners.
interresting
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 16, 2014
signing in patents. getting vitals. work with NP's. we're in a grocery store. Getting along with different people good and bad
Fun environment
cashier (Current Employee), columbus ohioMarch 12, 2014
Pros: work activites
Cons: the breaks could be longer
As a team at Kroger we work together to make sure all of are customers needs are meet and knowing that they will come shop with us for all there needs,
Very good benefits
(Part-time) Deli/Bakery Associate (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 12, 2014
Good work environment, good people to work with and very flexible
This was a good job.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 11, 2014
This job was the best job i ever had. It was easy and they paid good.
Great first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: great place to work, flexible, dependable, paid weekly
Cons: short breaks
Kroger's grocery store was an excellent first job. It taught me a great deal about customer service.

1 2 3 4 5