Kroger Co

Kroger Co Employer Reviews

Better workplace
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 8, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: scheduling
I've been with Kroger for almost nine years I'm going to said is a good place to work but if your decided to get into management you'll get the experience that you need.
Its a job
Cashier/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Warrenton, Mo 63383October 6, 2014
I've learned a lot from Kroger. Its a small town store. The customers are like family. Coworkers are like family. Union Based. 10% discount.
Good but busy workplace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Sugar Hill, GAOctober 4, 2014
I usually slice meats and cheeses. I am good at what I do. I help people with what is needed. I also clean and make sure everything is in order
enjoyable fun work place
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free breaks and lunches
Cons: field trips and excitement events
the hardest thing was to get used to finding all products. The enjoyable was to greet all customers
Interesting and never dull
General Merchandise Clerk (Former Employee), Lancaster, OHSeptember 24, 2014
Being around people and customers is great if you are a people person, nothing to strenous, you do whatever job duties is designated to you based upon what department you work in.
stocker and cashier (Former Employee), Oxford, MS 38655September 24, 2014
Most of my career at Kroger I would describe as a above average experience. I didn't leave as I would've preferred but while I was there I enjoyed working there for the most part.
Productive and hard working.
Drug General Merchandise Clerk (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 22, 2014
A typical day at work was hard working and continuous movement. Management could've been a lot better the associates seemed to do way more work. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers in person and being able to assist them.
good company to work for.
supervisor (Former Employee), Roswell, GASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: 5% discount on kroger brand
Cons: low hour rate
good environment and always meeting new customer, I enjoy working for this company.
Nice Place to work
Deli Expanded (Current Employee), Stone Mountain,GaSeptember 17, 2014
I enjoy the people I work with. A typical day at work consist of me taking the trash out, washing dishes, and helping out when needed. The hardest part of the job was doing my part and other employees not doing theirs. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people everyday. Some of my co-workers are really cool and management is great.
Steady work.
Stock Clerk Conditioning (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: paid breaks, workers discounts.
Cons: horrible hours
I go in at 4am and stock and condition the shelves. Then I go to the dairy department and help there and I help up from on the cash register when needed. I learned how to be patient and customer care. Management is good I like working with all of them and my co-workers are fun and easy to get along with and work with. The hardest part about my job is – more... having to be there at 4am. – less
A medium pace work environment with fun co-workers
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Columbus OHSeptember 16, 2014
A typical work day for me at Kroger's would involve me making a list of all the items that needed to be restocked and then stocking those items. I would also make sure that all the items were clean and presentable, and if not I would clean them and make them presentable. I learned many things at Kroger, mainly I learned how to focus on the most important – more... and urgent tasks that need to be done instead of trying to do everything at once. The hardest thing would be making sure that everything stayed stocked, at the Kroger I worked at it was a much busier and fast pace store than most so keeping up with stock could be very difficult at times. The most enjoyable part was my co-workers. I met a lot of really good people there and I had a lot of fun with them. – less
Kroger
Store Managment (Former Employee), USASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: employees
Cons: unrealistic expectations
You worked long hours. The employees are good. Leadership asked for unrealistic goals most of time.
Great first job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Macon, GASeptember 10, 2014
A day consisted of balancing my drawer at the beginning of each shift and performed customer transactions. Advertised products, restock shelves, and return perishable items. At the end of each day, I balanced my drawer and closed.
Okay company. Doesn't live up to its message.
Drug/General Merchandise Clerk (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GASeptember 6, 2014
Great customer service, but very poor management. Very little care for the employees, low standard of quality.
Great Area for first time jobs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: meet new and fantastic people
Cons: non water breaks while outside
• Provide superior customer service.
• Greets customers, bag groceries, helps customers out to their cars and collects empty carts for return to the store.
• Other duties include sanitation, price checks, stocking of bags at the check stands, cleaning of spills and returning merchandise to the shelf.
Decent place to work
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Westfield, INSeptember 4, 2014
Enjoy working with my co-workers. Hardest part of the job is being on my feet all day and being under staffed.
Retail
Co Manager (Former Employee), MIAugust 29, 2014
Very fast pace! Employees can be bit annoying, they expect the managers to do nothing. When working side by side with them they want to fill a grievance and get paid for the time the manager worked. Who does that? I thought this was a team effort, working towards a shared goal.
Overall a good place to work.
Cashier, Stocker (Former Employee), Baytown, TXAugust 18, 2014
Meet a lot of nice local people. A lot of young people working together.
A good first job to have
Customer Service (Former Employee), Marysville, OhioAugust 18, 2014
Pros: worked with my schedule when i was in school
Cons: not enough pay
I had this job when i was 16 years old and it was a good place to start my first job.
Large chain grocer
Deli Clerk/Produce (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2014
Daily focus was on positive customer interactions. Ensuring each customer felt appreciated, garnering repeat business. Designed colorful and fresh fruit, vegetable, and deli trays.

1 2 3 4 5