Kroger Co Employee Reviews

Most enjoyable part of my job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Russell KyAugust 25, 2015
My returning customers who look forward in coming in and talking with me. Associating with my co-workers on a daily basis
Very busy with great atmosphere
Store Clerk (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 11, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, love working with the public
Cons: low pay wage, management doesn't communicate well
Clock in around 4am, unload truck, set produce department, keep customers happy. Loved my co-workers. Very laid back.
Good Starter Job
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 7, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: managment
i was a dairy clerk it wasn't a hard job but it was a demanding job you have to stay organized and keep up with dates to ensure the freshest product stayed on the shelf management only made a appearance if their boss came in but other than that it wasn't a terrible place to work
Productive and very friendly environment.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 6, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: short breaks
I loved working here. I had to quit because i moved for school. I love working in a place with friendly coworkers and managers.
over work employees
Night Grocery clerk (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARAugust 6, 2015
Pros: ok health insurance
Cons: over worked under paid
Kroger was a great company to work for in the 80's, but now they under pay their employees and require more work. Kroger dont care if you are under a physician care they expect you to come to work anyway and they dont have light duty, the managers say if you cant do the task at hand then you are out of a job
Cashier
Cashier and Self Check (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Friendly employees to work with.
Cons: Low pay
Assist and greet customers with any questions, check- out groceries for customers and receive various forms of payments.
Lean stocking of products and some Cashier.
Cashier and Food Stocker (Former Employee), Chamblee, GAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Quiet work overnight.
Cons: Sleeping in daytime after work.
The only job where I worked the third shift, I enjoyed stocking of products in an efficient manner, also served customers to find what they need.
not the best company
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), houstonJuly 30, 2015
Cons: pay sucks
depends on you store location and management. pay sucks. insurance is okay after 1 year. easy to move up in the company if you are a well like person
The Best Retail Store Ive Ever Been In
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Easy Access To Most Essentials While Working
Cons: Not showing for good pay and cleanliness
Great Service Enjoyable Customers And The Lovely Produce.Great Taste In Food And Everything.Ive Always Felt Welcome At This Department Store.Pay is Weekly.
previous employee
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2015
Pros: vacation
Cons: crazy work environment
ok place to work. Benefits were good, management had annual trips to a resort. Not sure if that is still in affect. Other than that, its a grocery chain full of rude customers.
Kroger was a fun and knowledgeable place to be employed. Very clean, upbeat, and friendly as well.
Cashier/Filemaintenance (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaJuly 25, 2015
A typical day at work for me is first greeting people from customers to our associates as I'm entering the door, Lining up everything that needed to be done that day and focusing on the duties that needed to be taken care of. The things I've learned here is how important the customers really are and if wasn't for them I wouldn't be employed. I think the hardest part about the job is when the time runs out, even when I'm done with my normal duties I want to do more to put ease on the following day. But the most enjoyable part of my day is being able to interact with customers and getting to meet new people everyday.
Grocery store bliss
Clerk (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Friendly enviroment
Cons: very little work week hours
Fun upbeat environment everyone had a cheerful attitude. Workload was steady paced the store grossed a lot of money. In turn had the clerks steady going. Enjoyed handling customers special requests for cutting meats and produce.
Learning opportunity everyday
Accounting/ Supervisor (Current Employee), GAJuly 22, 2015
Upbeat work environment very helpful and respectful to customers and fellow employees. Teaches one how to whole heartedly helpful and is great with gaining critical thinking skills.
it ws
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 20, 2015
it was good no raises really no higher learning or a way to get better training at this job be it was okay for a part time job not a full time job
Great meeting new people and interacting with them.
Customer Services Associate (Former Employee), Memphis,TnJuly 20, 2015
I really didn't enjoy working with the company. Management always had a problem if you did something good and really tried to hard to satify customers to the point where they would lose employees.
Not a good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toledo, OhioJuly 20, 2015
Too many hours. Not enough benefits. I am part time working full time hours. I get one vacation and on average I work 38 hours a week.
They are getting better
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 17, 2015
I miss the days of a strong union, but Kroger gets the point at last. You treat your employees well and they treat you and the customers well.
Great place to work and interact with customers
Meat Service Clerk (Former Employee), Washington Court House, OhioJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere and co-workers
Great place to work and interact with customers. Very organized and goal oriented job. Management was always encouraging and personable.
Fast work environment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Kettering, OHJuly 15, 2015
Everyday you met knew people, there was never a dull moment. It was very enjoyable because I had the chance to brighten someone day with just saying Hello, "How are you?."
happy
Cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2015
great benefits! awesome team work! a way to learn customer relations and also become a team leader. this job was my first customer service job