Kroger Co

Kroger Co United States Employee Reviews

Fun work environment, friendly work place
Customer Service Associate/Supervisor (Former Employee), League City, TXMay 3, 2015
I enjoyed the environment I worked in, along with leading a team of highly motivated employees.Management was always changing, most of the managers were easy going but also had their mind set on success.
Good Job for your first Job
CASHIER (Former Employee), AlpharettaApril 29, 2015
The work is not difficult.I worked in the front end as a cashier I enjoyed working with my coworkers who were relatively my age (high school- college).
Good place to work. You will earn a little folding money.
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), TennesseeApril 27, 2015
They will work with your schedule and is typically an easy job. Management is hit or miss some managers are awesome some not so much. If you are a people person then the job will be more enjoyable. Is hard to become full time employee and Kroger now limits amount of hours of part timers to 28 Hrs a week.
Good summer job
Cashier (Former Employee), Sturgis, MIApril 7, 2015
Front end staff are generally nice. Management has changed since my working their. Taught me alot about customer service and working with others.
Great Company who puts the customer first
Front End Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 31, 2015
Great place to work and grow as an employee. Great interpersonal, management, financial, and inventory skills for a retail grocer, while giving world class customer service.
Good Service
Front End Department - Cashier (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Different shifts
Cons: short breaks, pay rate, hours
Kroger is a good company to work for. However, the rate of pay is not enough and they do not give their employees the full amount of hours that they need.
fast work environment busy all the time
deli associate (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 25, 2015
Pros: the medical benefits
Cons: short staffed
Product merchandising, ordering product, customer service, coaching fellow employees, and time management were some of the skills I learned working for Kroger. over the years I worked some great managers as well as some managers that I believe didn't know what they were doing. my fellow employees were great I have worked with people that are just earning a pay check and others that applied themselves. The demand to get as much done as possible with the least amount of employees would be the hardest part of the job. Working with the customers, going up and beyond for the customers, seeing the reactions on there face when you give them the best customer service is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAMarch 23, 2015
Kroger Company is a good company to work for, however, the staff at the particular store I worked at were very uncaring professionals.
I am very productive in the workplace , love work with other people
Ms. Demetria Warnsley, as a deli associate (Former Employee), Jackson MS.March 18, 2015
The people who I work with were sometime late and very unfriendly to the customer I will always wait until the customer leave and address it the person that it was wrong what you did to that customer, you need to treat them the way you want to be treated. the environment was great place to work, I love my job there.
Good people, cash compensation is low.
Front End Management/ Safe Controller (Current Employee), Fishers, INMarch 18, 2015
I have worked with Kroger for nearly 5 years, and for the most part it has been an enjoyable position. However, promotions are based more on seniority than merit, and I don't want to stay at my current pay rate for another 10 years while I wait for my boss to retire.
Good company to work for
Co-Manager (Current Employee), GalvestonMarch 6, 2015
10 hour work days, 5 times a week

i learned a lot about how to manage large amounts on staff

Hardest part is trying to get promoted
free lunch
deli clerk (Former Employee), Russell Springs, KYMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
busy days, but great friends co-workers, learned customer service skills, good management, Great Customers ! standing, bending, lifting, twisting, kneeling, most enjoyable was meeting and greeting new customers.
Diverse Culure
Store Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 3, 2015
Pros: Solid Management experience, Great Coporate Structure, Solid Upper Management
Cons: Work Lofe Balance
Within the Kroger Co. is a very good company to gain solid management experience. I have had several successes within the organization and have not complaints.
Productive and fun work place
Stocker (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Great enviroment for high school students and college to work. it helps you be more active with the community. i had the best co workers and we all worked as a team.
Store needs a change in management
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee), Jersey Village, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Currently understaffed and required to work under extreme pressure to meet expectations of upper management. Current working conditions are very stressful due to the unreliability of many new employees.
Not enough hours
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Wintersville ohioFebruary 21, 2015
Not enough hours scheduled to support yourself. Only hire part time. Takes over 12 yrs to become full time .

Worked at Wintersville Ohio location. Typical week was 24 hours. Tend to be more during summer, less during winter.
Grocery Store
Customer Relations/Salesclerk (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: fun atmosphere, food
Cons: lack of communication and care
I worked the registers and would sometimes run a break for an employee or run the self-checkout lanes.
I leaned a lot about proper communication and how to run the systems so that if there was a problem with the computers or machines, I was able to fix them.
Management was a little disorganized. They did a poor job communicating what they needed from their employees which resulted in a lot of issues with schedules and tasks that needed to be completed.
The co-workers were great. We made work enjoyable.
The hardest part was dealing with management.
Most enjoyable part was being a step under management and having other employees and even managers coming to me for advice on how to run a job or for some advice.
A somewhat dreary company built upon a great culture
Deli Team Member (Former Employee), Midland, MIFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: fantastic history, somewhat local, wide selection of markets
Cons: lax customer care, little pay, no room for advancement
What was apparently once a great company with a rich history has fallen to rampant consumerism and trade offs for quality. While I am not an advocate for spilling company secrets; my time at Kroger was not a very pleasant one. What passed for health code work was lax and the management cared little about it. Profits were the main concern of many upper managers and while that is the main goal of their market it should not come at the cost of their clients well being.
Customer Care
Care Desk/ Front End Supervisor /Cashier (Current Employee), Alpharetta, gaFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great beneifits
Cons: not knowing how many hours i will be getting each week
Flexible schedule good, but never know from week to week what days or hours you will have. Great benefits. Management changes a lot. Overall not a bad place to work but pay is bad.
Productive, great environment for a starting job
Cashier (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: your set schedule, room for advancement if you are willing to wait and are serious. many positions
Cons: some customers are hard to get along with.
Days at work are the same, same people, same items, same co-workers, most likely the same schedule too. Management is up-beat and great to get along with. co-workers are relaxed and are team oriented people.
the most enjoyable part of the job is managing u-scan cluster: self checkout.

1 2 3 4 5