Kroger Co

Kroger Co Employer Reviews

Fast paced friendly service provider
Fuel Center Clerk (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 21, 2014
Pros: steady work load
Cons: lack of hours
A typical day in the position consisted of beginning my shift with draw countdown. Upon getting on the register, the day's customer flow was consistently steady for the entire shift. At the end of my shift, I was responsible for counting and balancing the drawer as well as closing refreshment dispensers. I got along with all of my co-workers extremely – more... well. The hardest part of this position was working the entire shift with no breaks in customer flow. The most enjoyable part of this job was building rapport with customers. – less
Good place to learn international social interaction
Fuel Department Lead (Former Employee), Savannah, GANovember 17, 2014
this company along with the position I held, will teach anyone patience, give you a better of understanding of your community
and expose you to what hard work really means.
Easy Going
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Dallas, TxNovember 13, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: pay starts off at 7.35
I made a lot of friends while working here, its a very easy place to work in.
good company
Senior Continuous Improvement Resource Leader (Current Employee), Layton, UTNovember 9, 2014
Kroger is a good company that provides a lot of training. Kroger does a great job of fostering a safe work environment and many growth opportunities.
Kroger Company
Cashier / Fuel Clerk (Former Employee), Covington, GANovember 8, 2014
Pros: verizon wireless discounts
Cons: short breaks and low pay
The Kroger Co. is not a very "friendly" place to work. I am a team person and I like to work together, not against each other. The management was not taking needed action as far as employees who were stealing, not doing their jobs, ect. I reported a co worker who told me he gave away cigarettes to customers under 18. They never once took action which – more... upset me, that's against the law. Would not recommend to work for this company, unfortunately. – less
Enjoyed it thoroughly!!
Cashier (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 6, 2014
Helping with the general public, I learned that you have to start somewhere. And for that I'm forever and eternally grateful to the Kroger Company for giving me a chance!!
Gas station with Kroger
Fuel Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee), Union City, GANovember 6, 2014
I have to open and/or close fuel kiosk. Count cash drawer to start shift as well as ending the shift. Take cash and credit card payments and return change if needed. Make daily safe drops in different amounts ranging from $200 - $500. Ensure that the area around the gas pumps and the convenience store is cleaned and maintained properly. Receive fuel – more... trucks and supervise refilling of fuel pumps. Restock coolers if needed. Take daily inventory on lottery and tobacco products. – less
good company but doesn,t value its employees
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ellenwood, GANovember 5, 2014
I worked there for 5yrs. And I gave this job my all. The company is cheaper for it to be a million dollar company. The benefits suck and in certain stores they want you to put the job before anything.
enjoying it to the fullest
Courtesy Clerk/frontend (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAOctober 28, 2014
I enjoy working there but always looking for anything new Kroger have giving me a lot and ive got a lot from everyone that is there
Good company to work for.
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Maineville, OHOctober 27, 2014
Was a fast paced, always on the go job that was enjoyable to me. Friendly environment and since the store I worked at was so small everyone were like family. The job itself wasn't bad as long as you like the general public and dealing with retail customers.
Mostly fun place to work with some interesting perks.
Cashier (Current Employee), Conway, AROctober 26, 2014
Pros: fun people, free stuff, discount on kroger brand items
Cons: you only get a lunch if you work for eight and a half hours
A typical day at Kroger is to clock in and immediately be thrown into a fast paced work day. This job taught me that sometimes being super busy can be rewarding and how to deal with some less than polite people. When not busy we are expected to clean or help customers. That is when the fun begins. Most of my coworkers are as competitive as I am so cleaning – more... and pulling customers to our lanes becomes a friendly game. Our managers are fun people who aren't afraid to model some of the Halloween merchandise for us in the break room. One of the best things about Kroger though is that when we have a damaged crate of items we can't sell they will put the products in the break room and we can take as many as we want. I once scored a two weeks supply of instant Starbucks coffee. – less
ok enviroment to work
cashier (Current Employee), La Grange RdOctober 23, 2014
Pros: win top cashier you get a gift card
Cons: long periods without customers and working evenings
-helping people find items; assisting customers in shopping experience

-co-workers are tolerable and friendly

-the hardest part of the job would be angry customers and the down time is boring
Really good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Buford, GAOctober 21, 2014
Is a good place to work for students. Management will work with you on your schedule if your in school.
deli
Deli / Bakery Associate (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNOctober 15, 2014
i loved working in the deli it was fun and exciting most days. management could have been a little better
Better workplace
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 8, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: scheduling
I've been with Kroger for almost nine years I'm going to said is a good place to work but if your decided to get into management you'll get the experience that you need.
Its a job
Cashier/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Warrenton, Mo 63383October 6, 2014
I've learned a lot from Kroger. Its a small town store. The customers are like family. Coworkers are like family. Union Based. 10% discount.
Good but busy workplace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Sugar Hill, GAOctober 4, 2014
I usually slice meats and cheeses. I am good at what I do. I help people with what is needed. I also clean and make sure everything is in order
enjoyable fun work place
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free breaks and lunches
Cons: field trips and excitement events
the hardest thing was to get used to finding all products. The enjoyable was to greet all customers
Interesting and never dull
General Merchandise Clerk (Former Employee), Lancaster, OHSeptember 24, 2014
Being around people and customers is great if you are a people person, nothing to strenous, you do whatever job duties is designated to you based upon what department you work in.
stocker and cashier (Former Employee), Oxford, MS 38655September 24, 2014
Most of my career at Kroger I would describe as a above average experience. I didn't leave as I would've preferred but while I was there I enjoyed working there for the most part.

1 2 3 4 5