Kroger Co

Kroger Co Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Stocker (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Great enviroment for high school students and college to work. it helps you be more active with the community. i had the best co workers and we all worked as a team.
Store needs a change in management
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee), Jersey Village, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Currently understaffed and required to work under extreme pressure to meet expectations of upper management. Current working conditions are very stressful due to the unreliability of many new employees.
Not enough hours
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Wintersville ohioFebruary 21, 2015
Not enough hours scheduled to support yourself. Only hire part time. Takes over 12 yrs to become full time .

Worked at Wintersville Ohio location. Typical week was 24 hours. Tend to be more during summer, less during winter.
Grocery Store
Customer Relations/Salesclerk (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: fun atmosphere, food
Cons: lack of communication and care
I worked the registers and would sometimes run a break for an employee or run the self-checkout lanes.
I leaned a lot about proper communication and how to run the systems so that if there was a problem with the computers or machines, I was able to fix them.
Management was a little disorganized. They did a poor job communicating what they needed from their employees which resulted in a lot of issues with schedules and tasks that needed to be completed.
The co-workers were great. We made work enjoyable.
The hardest part was dealing with management.
Most enjoyable part was being a step under management and having other employees and even managers coming to me for advice on how to run a job or for some advice.
A somewhat dreary company built upon a great culture
Deli Team Member (Former Employee), Midland, MIFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: fantastic history, somewhat local, wide selection of markets
Cons: lax customer care, little pay, no room for advancement
What was apparently once a great company with a rich history has fallen to rampant consumerism and trade offs for quality. While I am not an advocate for spilling company secrets; my time at Kroger was not a very pleasant one. What passed for health code work was lax and the management cared little about it. Profits were the main concern of many upper managers and while that is the main goal of their market it should not come at the cost of their clients well being.
Customer Care
Care Desk/ Front End Supervisor /Cashier (Current Employee), Alpharetta, gaFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great beneifits
Cons: not knowing how many hours i will be getting each week
Flexible schedule good, but never know from week to week what days or hours you will have. Great benefits. Management changes a lot. Overall not a bad place to work but pay is bad.
Productive, great environment for a starting job
Cashier (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: your set schedule, room for advancement if you are willing to wait and are serious. many positions
Cons: some customers are hard to get along with.
Days at work are the same, same people, same items, same co-workers, most likely the same schedule too. Management is up-beat and great to get along with. co-workers are relaxed and are team oriented people.
the most enjoyable part of the job is managing u-scan cluster: self checkout.
productive and fun
Stocker (Former Employee), Mount Orab, OHFebruary 11, 2015
would come in and go to back dock to pull shipment to the floor and when that was all done then went back to the floor and started stocking the shelves you were assigned.
the management there was pretty cool they let us have our phones or ipods to listen to music cause worked third shift
co-works
was a great job being a contractor but got to expensive for insurance workers comp to pay for etc.being away from family a lot to.
contractor (Former Employee), cincinattiFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: being gone a lot from home
was a good job just got to be very expensive and away from home all the time.The economy went bad then jobs slowed down on new homes to do.
Strong Company
Meat Department Managers (Current Employee), Farmington, MIFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great company to learn the hardships of retail.
Cons: management does not appreciate the employees
Daily life at Kroger is always challenging. Always a new challenge and nothing is ever the same late deliveries, call offs and normal customer wants and needs.
Learned how to truly multitask and manage people without micromanaging. Store manager was not the best people person but learned a lot from him. Co-workers worked very well together and tried to make sure no one struggled to get the job done.
Hardest part of all is the constant additions to the job with no additional help or hours to get the job done. I truly enjoyed being with all the customers and making friends with them and my co-workers.
Productive and fun work place, with good co-workers
Customer Service Rep/Cashier (Former Employee), England,ARFebruary 3, 2015
It all starts with being excited to go work. You get there and being greeted by fellow co-workers even customers. The relationships you build with the customers and the joy you get and give in helping the customer.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Flowery Branch, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Easy daily job
Assisting customers
Maintain register daily
Great customers and employees
Maintain front end daily
Wonderful benefits
Great Place to work
Co Manager / Grocery Retail Management (Former Employee), Durham, NCJanuary 29, 2015
Great place to work, lot of manual labor as a Co-Manager. No weekends off really but was a great career start for me.
Easy work, but mostly part time
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Danville, KYJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: easy to get a job
Cons: mostly part time with little chance of advancement.
Great place for a first job. At the time I was there, a great training program for meat cutters and some great people to teach you. mostly part time work with very little chance of advancement-union rules prevent any advancement on merits. Compensation is therefore very limited.
Deli full of dirt an bugs
Kroger Deli cook (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 27, 2015
employees had dirty hands and bugs were all over an management was more worried about saving their own behinds then keeping up on store
Good Benefits
ASP (Former Employee), HutchinsonJanuary 24, 2015
the company has nice benefits and a nice building to work in. The staff is friendly and willing to work with you. The bonus plan is nice as well
decent job decent pay, bad management
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Mesa,AZ/Denver,COJanuary 23, 2015
I worked for KROGER CO in their Arizona division,which is Frys Food Stores, as well as their Colorado division, KING SOOPERS. pay in colorado was much better than AZ but managment in colorado was not good at all . The hours were ok but at times the crew was not
Enjoyable place to work
Sous Chef, Deli Specialist (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: stable and good paying job with benefits.
Cons: work all holidays
Inventory control, customer relations, food preparation, production, retail management, and marketing were all part of my day at Kroger. I really enjoyed connecting with the customers in order to bring them the best possible service available.
Poor management but great employees
Customer Service/ Supervisor (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 13, 2015
I enjoyed working with the employees but the store is poorly ran.
Logistics Tech
Perishable logistic tech (Former Employee), Aurora, CoJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: krogers fed us well
Cons: sometimes working on sunday
A typical day at work would be me making sure the orders placed the days before were on a truck and on the way to there destination, calling buyers when a store was in need of a certain product, calling the trucking company if the truck had not arrived at there destination on time and making sure information was put in the computer. I learned how to track a truck across the country and I really loved my job especially talking with the customers, buyers and truckers.

1 2 3 4 5