Kroger Co

Kroger Co Employer Reviews

decent job decent pay, bad management
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Mesa,AZ/Denver,COJanuary 23, 2015
I worked for KROGER CO in their Arizona division,which is Frys Food Stores, as well as their Colorado division, KING SOOPERS. pay in colorado was much better than AZ but managment in colorado was not good at all . The hours were ok but at times the crew was not
Enjoyable place to work
Sous Chef, Deli Specialist (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: stable and good paying job with benefits.
Cons: work all holidays
Inventory control, customer relations, food preparation, production, retail management, and marketing were all part of my day at Kroger. I really enjoyed connecting with the customers in order to bring them the best possible service available.
Poor management but great employees
Customer Service/ Supervisor (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 13, 2015
I enjoyed working with the employees but the store is poorly ran.
Logistics Tech
Perishable logistic tech (Former Employee), Aurora, CoJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: krogers fed us well
Cons: sometimes working on sunday
A typical day at work would be me making sure the orders placed the days before were on a truck and on the way to there destination, calling buyers when a store was in need of a certain product, calling the trucking company if the truck had not arrived at there destination on time and making sure information was put in the computer. I learned how to track a truck across the country and I really loved my job especially talking with the customers, buyers and truckers.
Excellent place to work
Deli Team Member (Current Employee), Dalton, GAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: friendly, clean, fast
Cons: short breaks, hours
A typical day at work at Kroger, there isn't a such. Every day is different and we always have different tasks to do. Some work days, there may not be very much to do as in orders and demand. Some days, we will have ten order's that have to be filled by the end of a eight hour work day.
I have learned many things working at Kroger. One being the value of the customer's. I have never worked in a place that has appreciated their customer's as much as Kroger has. I have learned to smile at the customer's, be friendly and sociable. Never be too shy to talk to someone that you have never met before, because you may have just made their day just by saying hello and asking them how they are.
Management at Kroger, is spectacular. They may be called "managers", but they are also your friends or family. They understand you when you have things to talk about. Whether it have to do with work or you just need to get something off your chest that isn't even work related. They always are willing to help you on a personal level and also helping you achieve goals at work and move up with the company.
The hardest part of the job is reminding yourself that everyone makes mistakes and no one is perfect. Some days you will come in and nothing seems to go right. You make a customer mad, you don't have the right product, you burnt the food. This list could go on, but you have to remind yourself that these things happen and always know that you can learn something about every mistake you make daily.
The most enjoyable part of this job was pleasing the customers and building relationships with co-workers and also customers.
Productive work environment with great personalities.
Grocery Sales (Former Employee), Steubenville, OHJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day of work consists of preparation of my workspace, which includes sanitizing and organizing my equipment. Next, I wait until a customer needs my assistance. In the meantime, I socialize with my coworkers about current/future tasks at hand. The hardest part of the job is finding a way to relate and explain to the customers who are having a problem. This is also the most enjoyable part of the job, as I always enjoy a challenge and love being sociable.
productive days at kroger
Courtesy Clerk and Stocker (Former Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 8, 2015
had a great experience but no health benefits and if you become sick you will still have to come in if you want hours or a job
Great place for a career
Senior Manager Infrastructure PMO (Current Employee), Cincinnati,Oh.January 5, 2015
Pros: great pay
Easy place to work, just do your job. It is really that simple. Be adaptable to change. From the CTO down great leadership in the IT organization of the company.
Kroger
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Hazel Park, MIJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: good co-workers, good mix between shifts and off time, management being most helpful
Cons: lack of advancement
As a meat clerk and being low on the seniority list, I often worked nights. This was actually a good thing, because I prefer to work nights. Shifts ranged from six to ten hours a day, which I felt was wonderful, you could still get the things needed at home done. I learned about a variety of things. How to distinguish between different types of fish, beef cuts, pork cuts, grinds and the restaurant names that went with them. I also learned about chemical/cleaning agent handling, sanitation, cross contamination, different allergens, proper cooking techniques, how to complete grinder logs, temperature logs and work with a PDA. When I would first come in about one or two in the afternoon, the order from the previous day would have arrived and I would spend about an hour maybe two, if the order was large, breaking down the pallets, arranging lunch meat on carts, separating beef from pork and chicken, as well as which section of beef it was. Soon after, I would shrink wrap the various cuts that would be on the line, as well as dating, pricing and putting pre-done grinds onto the shelves. Frozen product would be worked in at a later time, though properly stored in between. Stocking lunch meat, frozen chicken, beef and beef offal, pork and pork offal. Management was always willing to work with you and give you great advice or help with whatever questions you asked. The co-workers were fun to talk with and almost all of them had a serious work ethic to back it. It was definitely one of the friendliest places I have worked to date. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with – more... the lack of advancement within the company. The meat manager at the time was helping me develop foresight, how to place an order for the next day, and how to write a schedule. Grooming me for advancements, that came but was never given the chance to exploit. Sometimes individuals being hired off of the street to fill a job posting that was listed as "In-Store" or "Kroger Employees Only" listings. Believe it or not, I had the most fun working on the band saw and learning how to cut meat. That I would say was the best part about Kroger. – less
OKAY start job
Receiving Specialist (Former Employee), Cordova, TNDecember 23, 2014
Pros: kroger safety bucks.
Cons: break were interrupted by managers because of a incoming load, lack of managerial help and associate consideration.
Long work day in the receiving area. I learned a lot while I was there.
Met a lot of nice people. Had a few co-workers who didn't do their job, were lazy, always complained. Hardest part of the job was unloading a whole semi by yourself and even asked manager for help. Unloading a whole truck and storing product in the right coolers and placement stations. As a first job, it was very time consuming because of the lack of proper scheduling.
Productive, Fun workplace, and good co-workers
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee), Macon, GADecember 19, 2014
A typical day at work is usually busy. The management are very helpful and the co-workers are good workers and fun to be around. There is hard about the job everything is easy, The most enjoyable part of the job are the customers, there are some friendly, nice customers that comes in the store and make your day.
Good place for high school students
Associate (Current Employee), Roanoke, VADecember 18, 2014
Cons: managers need more training. hire more young manager bc they know the current market needs.
Good place for high school and college students and so-so benefit.
Job only good for high school kids and seniors going to college.
Cashier (Former Employee), Bonaire, GADecember 8, 2014
Pros: at the time i lived across the street.
Cons: short breaks. horrible management. not enough working hours given. favoritism was obvious
The associates all helped each other. The management team including supervisors were only helpful during orientation. Once on the floor its yourself and the people around you.
Real Estate Specialist
Real Estate Specialist/Real Estate Analyst (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhNovember 30, 2014
Handling Disposition of of $50 million Surplus Assets Portfolio
Nice for a teenager living with thier parents.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTIVE (Current Employee), Indianapolis IndianaNovember 30, 2014
Nice for a teenager living with thier parents not at all for a adult with bills
Kroger Co Workplace
Cashier, Clerk, and Stocker (Former Employee), atlantaNovember 29, 2014
Pros: 10 precent off
Cons: breaks
Good company/Good managers and supervisors/good working environment as far as location and atmosphere/good hours/good benefits/easy transition to other departments and training classes available to get into smoothly.
Five stars
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lithonia, GANovember 26, 2014
Great place for college students and first time jobs. It is under a union that follows guidelines. If you can get into management the career is outstanding and has a lot of room for advancement and growth with in the company.
Fast paced friendly service provider
Fuel Center Clerk (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 21, 2014
Pros: steady work load
Cons: lack of hours
A typical day in the position consisted of beginning my shift with draw countdown. Upon getting on the register, the day's customer flow was consistently steady for the entire shift. At the end of my shift, I was responsible for counting and balancing the drawer as well as closing refreshment dispensers. I got along with all of my co-workers extremely well. The hardest part of this position was working the entire shift with no breaks in customer flow. The most enjoyable part of this job was building rapport with customers.
Good place to learn international social interaction
Fuel Department Lead (Former Employee), Savannah, GANovember 17, 2014
this company along with the position I held, will teach anyone patience, give you a better of understanding of your community
and expose you to what hard work really means.
Easy Going
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Dallas, TxNovember 13, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: pay starts off at 7.35
I made a lot of friends while working here, its a very easy place to work in.

1 2 3 4 5