Kroger Co

Kroger Co Employee Reviews

Never a dull moment different people to meet
overnite stocker (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: cheap insurance worked in controlled climate
Cons: working late night and long distance to job
Learned how to use hand-held RF. Challenged myself finishing work loads which varied. always different people to work around made job fun.
Allowed me to advance my career but lacked proper management
Lead Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 17, 2015
Pros: Great training and experience.
Cons: Unqualified management.
I started my pharmacy career with Kroger in 1997. I was very pleased with my employment. Unfortunately there were several changes in management over the years and uncooperative employees that made the job very hard to focus on. I felt that the stress it caused not only at work but at home was taking its toll. I appreciate the experience and training I received but decided I could no longer continue my employment with the company.
Ok workplace
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Holt, MIMay 15, 2015
Pros: Good insurance, friendly employees
Poor management, no "rules", unreliable employees, no structure, unfair pay
Hardest part of job- doing my job duties plus anyone who decided not to show up to work.
Best part of job- .......
I love the people I work with.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Portsmouth, OHMay 13, 2015
Typical work day, I go into work and unload the truck. Separate the totes with products in them to be works on green carts. Work products to the shelves.
A good place for your first job.
Cashier Clerk/ Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Garden City, MIMay 11, 2015
This was a good job to begin with, I was 16 and stuck around until I turned 22. Unfortunately they werent able to work with my schedule when I was in school and my daughter was born.
n/a
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee), Portland, ORMay 8, 2015
Fine company to work for. Fast past environment. Fun good coworkers challenging. Friendly, everyone is willing to help all the time.
Retail pharmacy setting
Full-time Floater Pharmacist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and compensation, mileage for over 20 mile round-trip drives, personable boss, flexible hours
Cons: No scheduled breaks for pharmacists, long hours
I enjoyed working at The Kroger Company. The opportunities to advance were readily available and my supervisor was approachable and personable. The hardest part of my job is making sure that everything in the pharmacy runs smoothly while unexpected events and problems can occur at any second. There is no schedule to the day, so there is no telling at what time I would eat lunch, or at what time a difficult situation would occur that would back us up the rest of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I was a floater pharmacist, so I got to meet new people all of the time, and I would never be at a too-busy or too-slow store for longer than I could handle.
Productive and fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond,VaMay 6, 2015
Pros: Paid every week, could get long shifts if you want, and nice people
Cons: Not enough hours and short breaks
Kroger was fast pace at times which made the work day go by faster. I learned how to really handle money working there. Management was very helpful and willing to answer any questions with no problems. The work environment was positive for the most part and my co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the computers but I soon mastered that. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and engaging with customers.
Might as well work for WalMart
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VaMay 5, 2015
Pros: 10% discount on Kroger items, co-workers are like family and help in hard times
Cons: Lack of teamwork and employee appreciation, scheduling inconsistency
Bakery clerk duties are split into three categories. You have bakers, cake decorators, and merchandisers. Bakers bake all of the goods like bread, cookies, pies, and breakfast items. Cake decorators take care of cake orders, gourmet cases, strawberry product, and the cake case. Merchandisers break down frozen deliveries and fill the floor with thaw-and-sell items. In most cases, you will be responsible for all positions in a given day. To work in the bakery, you will also be required to be trained in the deli (deli is not required to be trained in the bakery.)

A lot of your co-workers come to your aide in personal crisis. Many will raise money for cancer patients, those who have lost family, or just those struggling to give their children a good holiday. Raises occur every 6 months. Full time status is achieved after working 14 40-hour consecutive weeks. The whole system is based on seniority, including promotions. After reaching full time, you are pretty much guaranteed 40-hours a week if you have full time availability. If you don't, you'll have to fight for your hours.

Co-workers are catty and spread rumors quicker than a fire raging through a bone dry forest. Racism is everywhere and is directed towards all races. Most co-workers are completely ignorant and insensitive towards those with mental disabilities. Management does not care about employees' well being, availability, or human limitations. You are expected to work several peoples' positions and get all of the work done in your scheduled time (no overtime!) The union works only to keep lazy people employed. – more... Kroger supports abuse of employees by customers. The company has also re-implemented secret shoppers who judge your work performance based on one experience and do not factor in the busyness of the day or your work load. (Your performance is based on whether you acknowledge every single customer you come across.) Because promotions are based on seniority, people who shouldn't be in management are. Kroger also likes to spend millions of dollars are new programs each year to increase customer satisfaction when this money should be put to use in helping employees make a living wage. It is often forgotten that a happy employee generally makes for happy customers. These programs also tend to fail. – less
Fun work environment, friendly work place
Customer Service Associate/Supervisor (Former Employee), League City, TXMay 3, 2015
I enjoyed the environment I worked in, along with leading a team of highly motivated employees.Management was always changing, most of the managers were easy going but also had their mind set on success.
Good Job for your first Job
CASHIER (Former Employee), AlpharettaApril 29, 2015
The work is not difficult.I worked in the front end as a cashier I enjoyed working with my coworkers who were relatively my age (high school- college).
Good place to work. You will earn a little folding money.
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), TennesseeApril 27, 2015
They will work with your schedule and is typically an easy job. Management is hit or miss some managers are awesome some not so much. If you are a people person then the job will be more enjoyable. Is hard to become full time employee and Kroger now limits amount of hours of part timers to 28 Hrs a week.
Good summer job
Cashier (Former Employee), Sturgis, MIApril 7, 2015
Front end staff are generally nice. Management has changed since my working their. Taught me alot about customer service and working with others.
Great Company who puts the customer first
Front End Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 31, 2015
Great place to work and grow as an employee. Great interpersonal, management, financial, and inventory skills for a retail grocer, while giving world class customer service.
Good Service
Front End Department - Cashier (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Different shifts
Cons: short breaks, pay rate, hours
Kroger is a good company to work for. However, the rate of pay is not enough and they do not give their employees the full amount of hours that they need.
fast work environment busy all the time
deli associate (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 25, 2015
Pros: the medical benefits
Cons: short staffed
Product merchandising, ordering product, customer service, coaching fellow employees, and time management were some of the skills I learned working for Kroger. over the years I worked some great managers as well as some managers that I believe didn't know what they were doing. my fellow employees were great I have worked with people that are just earning a pay check and others that applied themselves. The demand to get as much done as possible with the least amount of employees would be the hardest part of the job. Working with the customers, going up and beyond for the customers, seeing the reactions on there face when you give them the best customer service is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAMarch 23, 2015
Kroger Company is a good company to work for, however, the staff at the particular store I worked at were very uncaring professionals.
I am very productive in the workplace , love work with other people
Ms. Demetria Warnsley, as a deli associate (Former Employee), Jackson MS.March 18, 2015
The people who I work with were sometime late and very unfriendly to the customer I will always wait until the customer leave and address it the person that it was wrong what you did to that customer, you need to treat them the way you want to be treated. the environment was great place to work, I love my job there.
Good people, cash compensation is low.
Front End Management/ Safe Controller (Current Employee), Fishers, INMarch 18, 2015
I have worked with Kroger for nearly 5 years, and for the most part it has been an enjoyable position. However, promotions are based more on seniority than merit, and I don't want to stay at my current pay rate for another 10 years while I wait for my boss to retire.
Good company to work for
Co-Manager (Current Employee), GalvestonMarch 6, 2015
10 hour work days, 5 times a week

i learned a lot about how to manage large amounts on staff

Hardest part is trying to get promoted

1 2 3 4 5