Kroger Pharmacy

Kroger Pharmacy Employer Reviews

Great Company
Technician Supervisor (Former Employee), Mableton, GAJuly 2, 2014
Great Company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice environment with friendly people.
Technician/Clerk (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2014
I love the people i work with and enjoy my job, however, the pay rate as well as job opportunities don't live up to my standards and needs.
Kroger is a job that is good to have but there is no place for advancement and they make it very difficult to move up if you are already employed.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), ErlangerJune 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Cons: almost everything
A typical day at work in insanely busy, barely time to eat lunch, get yelled at by customers, no one appreciates what you do. If you happen to not do what you are supposed to do then you will know right away. It is virtually impossible to move up in the company unless you are someone "chosen" they do not base any of that on work ethic.
Good work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 25, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: not enough hours to go around
My position as a tech included data entry of prescriptions, auditing, and counseling patients. I managed the inventory for the pharmacy and provided great customer service. I learned how to appreciate others uniqueness and how to understand people from all walks of life. In fact, helping the patients was the best part of the job. The staff were friendly – more... and we had a great work environment. – less
productive work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), frederica stJune 19, 2014
productive with customers and their needs. tries to meet needs of other but very low pay
Amazing people that is just like family
Data Entry (Former Employee), Flowood, MSJune 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch sometime, get to communicate
Cons: stressful at times
They were so great to me and helped with anything I needed. They treated everybody like family and always did stuff together and I learned from them just to help anybody out when they need something.
Good working experience in retail Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Acworth, GAJune 16, 2014
Overall good working experience with Retail parts. Changing of schedule during last period of time was the hardest part of the job.
Student Pharmacist (Former Employee), La Vergne, TNJune 12, 2014
Pros: slower pace
Cons: arriving early to set up events
I worked with a Patient Care Specialists who put on health fairs at local businesses. This was a great opportunity to preform BP, cholesterol, and HTN checks on patients. These health fairs provided a chance to give much needed counseling. This was rewarding work.
Great for a first job
pharmacy manager (Former Employee), Bedford, TXJune 12, 2014
loved working with customers and being in charge. great to develop a broad knowledge base in drugs.
Loved the Head Pharmacist
pharmacy technician (Current Employee), GeorgiaJune 11, 2014
I have only recently been working here part time as a pharmacy technician. Let me just say overall, i really enjoy the pharmacy setting, I am learning so much in the medical field. However, I feel like the training is a bit sketchy. Before entering the pharmaceutical field I worked in education administration, during a crossroads in my life I wanted – more... to get started in a new career to enhance my skills, and decided on a path of becoming a Pharmacy technician because of the possible career advancements. The head Pharmacist has been helpful in training me, but they do not provide me with enough opportunity to learn in other areas other than checking customers out at the register. I have trained others in my previous field, and I am familiar with the best practices to get new hires the right tools to do their job. I walked into a situation where the employers are routinely placed in the same stations which did not provide me ample opportunity to pick up on other job functions such as data entry and insurance issues. Most of my work since I've been there has been checking out the patients, there wasn't a rotation throughout the day as was explained during the hiring process. There is even one pharmacist who works there that gets irritated when I make a mistake or ask a question. Again, in order to have a highly functioning work environment there needs to be a concrete training process that allows new hires to be efficient and comfortable in their new work environment. I have already started looking into other job opportunities, as I feel the environment is to chaotic, and everyone is "stuck in their ways". I do not want to bash Kroger Pharmacy because I do feel like the head Pharmacist is wonderful, and a good representation of the Kroger Pharmacy. He has been more than helpful in getting me in and assisting in training me, but the overall culture is not conducive to the learning process and it has been discouraging. I hope that they consider the techniques for training new hires. – less
great
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Springboro, OHJune 11, 2014
great to employees great hours great benefits. loved working with the customers
internship
intern (Former Employee), West Memphis, ARMay 22, 2014
i would start the day with the head Pharmacist he would tell me would tell what he would like for me to do on that day, making sure i learn as much as possible on my intern.
Hardworking, efficient workplace
Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 14, 2014
A typical day includes counting and sorting pills, entering insurance information and new prescriptions into the system, and releasing finished prescriptions to patients. The management and the co-workers were a delight to be around. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the benefit – more... of positive healthcare work. – less
Demanding work place
Technician/Cashier (Former Employee), Amelia, OHMay 12, 2014
Pros: was busy and fun
Cons: not enough hours
The days would vary, I would either be in the pharmacy filing out prescriptions and billing and doing data entry of patients insurance information and making sure contact and personal information was up to date. or, I would be in front as a cashier, and have even worked in the deli section when needed.
Love the hours
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Peoria, ILMay 1, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: pharmacist dont do there jobs
My day starts off fill all the prescriptions that was on the waiting list fill the prescriptions, call the patients let them know there prescriptions are ready.
Leaders in patient care initiatives
Experiential Learning Rotation (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 18, 2014
Involved in so many programs involving one-on-one patient care. Really enjoyable place to learn.
Productive workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee), Millington, TNApril 15, 2014
I learned so much working there. It is a great place to work. I loved my co-workers and management.
Great atmosphere to develop and enhance my skills
Technician assisting Pharmacist (Current Employee), Lexington, KYApril 15, 2014
A typical day includes filling prescriptions, entering prescriptions in a database, and assisting customers with their medications. The most enjoyable part about this position is the interaction of customers, assisting in any of their questions or concerns.
A good place to work but the benefits and pay need improvement
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Spring, TXApril 3, 2014
I enjoyed working with our customers and my manager and co-workers made a great team
One of the more laid back pharmacies
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 29, 2014
Pros: hour lunches; scheduled breaks; organized rotation stations
Cons: understaffed; have to ring up groceries
Some stores are very busy and some are very low-key; customers tend to be more patient and personable; more "regular" customers that you can develop a rapport with; great co workers

1 2 3 4 5