Kroger Pharmacy

Kroger Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Family Atmosphere with Professionalism
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Delaware, OHApril 27, 2015
Pros: discounts; events; people
Cons: pay scale
Excellent workplace. Excellent work-life balance. Great people and wonderful morals.
Great management. Atmosphere can't be beat.
Good fast paced job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Shelbyville, TNApril 26, 2015
Pros: You will never get bored, sometimes you get to feel good when you can save patients money or give them good news
Cons: Some patients can be very rude and and difficult.
A typical day at work will see you working many different positions at kroger pharmacy. Every 2 hours you will change stations ranging from data entry where you enter prescriptions into the computer, product dispensing where you find the appropriate drug for each patient and count it out, and release to patient where you greet the customer, tell them about their prescriptions, give them a price, and check them out. Your day will also include answering phone calls to answer general questions about the readiness and cost of prescriptions and process refills, etc.
Fun and great place to work!
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Forest Acres, SCApril 14, 2015
I enjoyed being an intern at Kroger Pharmacy. I enjoy working in the grocery store atmosphere. Everyone was friendly and it was a great place to learn my future career.
Typical office workplace with friendly employees
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, OHApril 13, 2015
Pros: freedom to browse internet
Cons: occasional rude customer
A typical day at work includes talking to customers and providing customers with information regarding their prescriptions. I learned a lot more about HIPAA guide lines and the penalties for not following them. There has been a lot of shuffling between supervisors, but management has done a good job at bringing in someone suitable for the job in an efficient manner. All the co-workers are friendly and very helpful. Hardest part about this job is the occasional irate customer. The most enjoyable part is the friendly co-workers, the sound of a customers voice when you have helped them, and the freedom to browse the internet between calls.
Productive and professional workplace with a good team
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Riverside, OHApril 12, 2015
Working as a Pharmacy technician is busy and productive with lots of customer interaction. I have learned over the years pleasing the customer is always first. The management and co-workers are always very pleasing to be around and we always made a good team. The hardest part of the job is definitely just maintaining the work environment. Making sure everything gets done in a timely manner (around the busiest times of the month). The most enjoyable part of the job is learning a new field of work with medications and the relationship building with the customers and co-workers.
Fun workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good hours!
Cons: Low wages
The work is fun and keeps you on your toes. You meet a lot of really nice customers and develop a great friendship with them!
A professional enviroment that has its benefits.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Somerset, KYApril 6, 2015
Pros: Store Discounts, learning something new each day, developing a friendship with coworkers/patients.
Cons: Short breaks, management, short staffed.
What I learned working in the pharmacy at Kroger, is how to fill prescriptions, certain brand names of medicine and the use for them, HIPPA policies, how to read RX prescriptions, and how to handle important calls such as doctors offices, hospital's, etc.
This working environment was okay,
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Cordova, TNApril 3, 2015
This management team provided an acceptable working environment with sufficient on the job training. I enjoyed this job. I left this job to explore different job opportunities.
Refill prescriptions and edit customers insurance information
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Savannah, GeorgiaMarch 24, 2015
Refill prescriptions and edit customers insurance information
Hardest part of the job is explaining to the customers about physician not faxing documents to refill prescriptions
Great company to work for
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 21, 2015
Kroger is a good company to work for. They do things for not only their customers but their employees also. They have a good system in the Pharmacy. And they have reasonable and reachable goals.
pay
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 21, 2015
They don't pay enough end of story. Its a fast paced job with cooperate trying to tell you how to do your job more than just letting you take care of your customers and growing the company.
unprofessional
Technician (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 19, 2015
Pros: helping guest
Cons: unprofessional employees
I loved working at krogers, its the employees were very unprofessional, they were rude to guest, always had an attitude if someone had a question and like to answer the phone.
Loved the pace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), clarksville tnMarch 17, 2015
It was a very fast paced environment, and loved to stay busy and keep up on the new information given out to employees. Very good on time management
Dependable and comfortable pharmacy environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Allen, TXMarch 15, 2015
Pros: benefits, co-workers
Cons: vacation scheduling, lack of advancement opportunities
A work day includes shifting around the pharmacy ensuring every script received is entered into our system, necessary documentations are lawfully taken care of, accuracy is met, claims are passed through insurance adjudication, medications are properly dispensed//compounded, customers pick up appropriate medications and receive a genuine interaction that develops trust, inventory levels are on target, and that various duties are executed on time, with care and precision. The pharmacists are great and foster a great team dynamic. A good pharmacy requires a team dedicated to nailing the details and exceeding expectations. If there is friction within the group it impedes on production and quality of service. I've learned patience largely from the retail portion of this position. You get to interact with a plethora of personalities; Every one visiting a pharmacy has their own ailment or trial that requires sensitivity and understanding. It's great working with the same families month to month, feeling like you are impacting their health in a positive way, watching them grow and developing a relationship.
Productive and active workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhioMarch 14, 2015
Pros: breaks every day, co-workers are great, clientele is great
Cons: understaffed
It is a very fast paced job and there is not much time for rest but the days go by fast. We are frequently understaffed which makes us seem busier than we are but the people are wonderful and the customers make it worth it.
A fun and culturally diverse working environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Germantown, TNMarch 9, 2015
Pros: store discount, pleasant work environment, a learning experience.
Cons: little to no breaks, stressful at times
A typical day at work would be taking prescriptions, billing and communicating with different customers insurance companies, and communication and helping customers. I have gained a lot of experience in the medical field that I believe will help me achieve my career goals of becoming a Physician Assistant specializing in orthopedics.
The management in the pharmacy is wonderful. I learn more and more every day and I am challenged to do something better on a daily basis. It doesn't hurt that the employees there are very fun and encouraging. Team work is crucial in our working environment, and we definitely soar above average in this department.
The hardest part of the job to me is communicating issues to the customers. Most of our patients are medicare patients, so explaining the coverage gaps, drug tiers, and deductibles can sometimes be a difficult task if they aren't already familiar with their drug plans. The most enjoyable part of the job to me is leaving work knowing that I helped someone out.
Productive job in treating patients with medication
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Irmo, SCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: helping patients with healthcare
Cons: standing for a long period of time.
I love working in a pharmacy because I like to help patients with their health issues. Pharmacy Tech is a very rewarding job. I have inputted prescriptions for new patients. I worked closely with pharmacist on a daily basis. I know how to bill insurance third-party. I have great customer service skills. I also know brand and generic names of medications.
Kroger Pharmacy
Level III Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: relatively cheap insurance, very close to home
Cons: retail
I usually work Tuesday-Saturday 11a-7p; the pharmacy is open 9a-9p. A typical day consists of 2p and 5p rushes and one 30 minute paid lunch break. I've learned how to properly bill insurance plans, common pharmacology, how to interpret prescriptions and pharmacy law. For the most part, my co-workers are amazing, I've worked with most of them for years. The hardest part about my job is dealing with angry customers whether it's a stock issue, insurance problem, high copay, prior authorization or long wait times. I feel customers don't give us enough credit and don't understand the way a pharmacy works which leads to hostility. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my coworkers, the regular customers we see on a weekly basis and my continual learning.
Friendly work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Decatur, GaJanuary 22, 2015
-fast-paced work environment
-friendly staff
-managers willing to help and train employees
-flexible schedule
-growth within the company
-great benefits
productive workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Pinckney, MIJanuary 20, 2015
Everyone at the pharmacy works hard to keep patients satisfied in a rapid,friendly, and sufficient way. Everyday we assist customers, fill prescriptions, and make sure inventory and sales are correct. By working at the pharmacy I learn how to communicate with customers and employees as well as working together.

1 2 3 4 5