Kroger Stores Employee Reviews

Found 19,621 reviews matching the search
was not for me
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJuly 21, 2017
the freezer i worked in was no joke the coldness was outstanding some times take your breath away that was the hardest part but i cant say it was all bad there some good in all jobs its just i dont think i got the chance to see the good in it
Productive and fun workplace
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 21, 2017
I like the job I just need a full time job and something I can live off of. The people that work there are great and I enjoy it. If I was younger I would definitely consider staying.
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAJuly 20, 2017
I come to work and bag a couple of groceries. Sometimes I use to cashier when they didn't have help.
I stocked groceries overnight for 5 years and loved it.
Very professional, productive and helpful
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 20, 2017
I got offered this job after getting laid off. I was paid good and taught so many things very fast. When I couldn't work days they let me work nights and always helped me get yours wherever I could. This job is definitely a great place to be at if you are good at math and have the experience.
Fix your management
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 20, 2017
I haven't started working here for too long at all. But for some reason one of the managers never put me on the schedule for a whole week. And when I do come to work I feel like I keep on getting picked on, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong and I've also asked what I can do, to do a better job. But I still feel like I'm getting treated like I'm not doing anything right. It makes me not even want to come to work, but I've talked to management and we will see how things will be taken care of. I really need a job to pay for bills, but I don't want to come to work, to be treated like this.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Friendly, were a kroger family.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
Kroger is a very fun place to work for, friendly, great benefits, flexiable with your schedueling. Good on hours. Managment is helpful in time of need. Very loving place to be.
It is hard to have management happy
Clerk (Former Employee) –  CAJuly 20, 2017
Food 4 Less is a very stressful environment. You have to deal with a lot of pressure in order to provide what is expected to be done without being properly train.
Pros
learn how to perform job duties
Cons
not enough hours and raises are not on time
Overall Very good company with less desirable corporate rules
CASHIER & CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 20, 2017
Overall, the pay is good enough to overlook some of the not so great things. Kroger will hire you and let you know that they value their employees, which is true, but when it comes down to it they value the dollar more. I worked for Fred Meyer specifically and from what I've heard that's the best store for both employees and customers. Employees are like one big family, including every department. It is a great company to work your way up in, you can start out pushing carts and end up store manager in a couple years which a lot of people do. There are some pretty strict policies that come from much higher up that each store must comply with and that can be frustrating. However one of the best things they offer is UNION membership. The UFCW21 in Seattle has done a great job protecting it's members and I know this from personal experience and other associates. So if your rights as a worker are ever overlooked, you won't have to deal with it alone.
Pros
Union, discounts, flexible hours, fair hourly pay, healthcare
Cons
corporate rules, some unqualified managers, write-ups for simple mistakes
Great benifits. Pay a little low
Liguor Manager, Cashier, Back Up Payroll (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZJuly 20, 2017
Love both the people I work with and the customers. Benefits are a BIG plus in todays world. Hours I work interfer with home live both is the position I chose at this time.
productive
Courtesy Clerk/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 20, 2017
typically you just go in doing what you know your supposed to do, fast paced, hard to keep up with time, got to watch what you do so you know when to switch for your hourly duties.
Decent Workplace
Florist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJuly 20, 2017
I worked at King Soopers Floral for almost two years. Wonderful co-workers, and decent pay at the time. Only time I had an issue was when my grandfather had passed and they did not let me get the time off to go to his funeral.
A good starting job
Fry's Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJuly 20, 2017
A good starting job, that's about it. You will learn all the basic of a job and something more if you want to learn. The works there is fun to talk with and to work with.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
everything else.
this was just a part time job i did not expect a lot
stocker (Former Employee) –  Township of Liberty, OHJuly 20, 2017
overall good place to work , but although i was part time making minimum wage at the time i still had to be a union member and pay union dues even though i had next to no benefits from the union
Friendly environment
Blue Ash - Pharmacy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OH Call centerJuly 20, 2017
Nice environment, although not much pay nor flexability for scheduling. Kroger does not appreciate hard work over tenure which seems to be their main focus...
good starting job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 20, 2017
This is a good start job but you do not advance very far, seniority means nothing when you are trying to move up. I was there 3 1/2 years and i did not move up from where I was even though i was one of their best employees.
Associate Manager and volunteer work
Associate Manager (STORE MANAGEMENT) (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 20, 2017
Everything from writing schedules, stocking, writing grocery orders, planning, and overall well being of the store.

Average about 70hrs wk

enjoyed the people
Pros
stability
Cons
work hours
Stable place to work with advancement opportunities.
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 20, 2017
A typical day at work for me was just working as a team to quickly and accurately unload trucks and stock products on shelves and condition shelves before customers entered store. I learned more about impulsive sales while working with this company, and I also learned how to use a power-jack, high-loader, and RF unit. Management at my store seemed to be lacking in authority and work ethic.
Middle Management with a lot of authority issues
Meat Clerk/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 20, 2017
Job had awful pay for amount of work required in the meat department, especially since you had to be at least 18 years old to work there and are expected to live on right above minimum wage. My co-workers and I were kept late many times because management would threaten to fire us if we left before certain tasks were completed(tasks that were given to us 10 minutes before our shifts ended).
Start up with a strong coup of coffee
Meat wrapper (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 20, 2017
Start out with pulling the meat case and marking it down. Also our morning sanitationRoutine.I learned as I was a meat wrapper all the cuts of meat and how to cut the meat. There was a lot of team playing we all worked together in a great work place. when it was time for enventory there was extra work to be done, we would all pray for a bonus. the best time was making that bonus with a great enventory.
Pros
employee petys
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Highland Village, TXJuly 20, 2017
It was an okay job wouldn't work there again. The managers could careless about your problems. You don't get paid enough for the job you do. The benefits are horrible if your part time which they hire everyone at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kroger Stores. Our community is ready to answer.