Kroger Stores Employee Reviews

Found 17,976 reviews matching the search
Good company to work for
Journeyman Operations Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 24, 2017
The flexibility of scheduling and their willingness to help me with balancing my job and life outside of the store exceeds all my expectations. They truly care about their employees and listen to what we have to say.
Home and Gas Clerk
Home and Gas Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 24, 2017
You were not micro managed. You were able to do a routine and get familiar with customers. You really focused on customer service. The other employees and managers made it feel friendly and nice to come to work. There were many times to come together and do events and learn about each other.
Low wages
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHMay 24, 2017
I wanted to gain experience in allied health professions in college while making a decent amount of money. I only worked here for 2 months because I wasn't even making enough money to pay my rent and had to find a new, better paying job. Pharmacy techs should not be paid the same as cashiers, ClickList, etc. the amount of training and knowledge necessary to fill this role are not valued as much as it should be.
Pros
clean, relaxed environment
Cons
very low wages, short breaks
Well run, extremely busy pharmacy
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMMay 24, 2017
The pharmacy technicians had worked together for several years at that store and ran it well, for the most part.
There were times when I felt the pharmacy manager should have sided with the patient, but she was more concerned about defending her team.
The robot filled about 40-50% of the prescriptions on an average day.
The health and retirement benefits were very good.
Pros
Retirement and health benefits
Cons
Commute was 45 minutes. Some customer service issues.
They hire anyone
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 24, 2017
They hire anyone in management. Some of the people hired in management are immature and unprofessional. Some people in management harassed some of the employees and one of them quit because she was a women and felt uncomfortable. And the supervisors are unprofessional and does not set and example for the workers.
Very competive and fast pace
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2017
Great company to work for. A good place to start off for someone with no experience. Room for advancement with great compensation. Its a very nice and friendly environment.
A great starter job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ronceverte, WVMay 24, 2017
It was my very first job and it was a great job for to start out with, it's a good pace, not too fast but not slow and it got me use to the job atmosphere.
productive,fun to work
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg OhioMay 24, 2017
Receive in produce off trucks,stock produce,keep full make sure there is nothing bad on the shelves and coolers,learned all about produce,management was great to work for like a family atmosphere
the most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Healthcare
Poor Management Company needs work but there is Hope.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 24, 2017
Hard labor decent pay check. I learned to be patient in learning and to gain much wisdom and insight as Possible. The workers are friendly people that are trying to make a good life with the wages that there given.
Pros
Good Customers
Cons
Policys needs a Tremendous Change
Horrible place to work
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 24, 2017
If you love to hide in the restroom and talk on your cellphone while others are working, Kroger is the job for you. Please don't work at Kroger! Management loves their lazy employees. They get all the praise, more hours and hardly any work. The employees that will actually work will get more work. Management does not care. What matters most is that the work gets done.
Pros
Discounts on groceries, cars, car rental, tickets, cellphones etc..
Cons
Poor management

Want to know more about Kroger Stores?

Ask a question
kroger
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMay 24, 2017
strict organization, low pay, management is friendly, taught how to reach sales goals, learn how to cash handle and run a cash register. I enjoyed my time working with them.
Kroger is a great place to work, wonderful people, wonderful co- workers. Most co- workers are very positive .
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INMay 24, 2017
Kroger is a great place to work, great people, wonderful co- workers, positive shift supervisors.
My only problem is I don't have a set schedule, work late nights, and, not receiving enough hours. I'm looking for more hours, set schedule, and, early shift.
Pros
Great co- workers, discounts, positivity
Cons
Scheduling, need more hours
Really bad place to work in
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 24, 2017
Management does not care about their employees. Benefits are non-existent. This company only views employees as slave workers. You get no raises, no beenfits if anything they lie to make people stay.
Relaxed customer service
Customer Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 24, 2017
Customer service is a can or cannot do sort of job. its relaxed with the right attitude. Management could stand to be more relaxed. Pay should cover the cost of living,
Politics
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILMay 24, 2017
The entire company revolved around who you knew. If you were in the cool club, then you had no problem advancing. The union reps were not very helpful.
a learning experiance
Front End Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAMay 24, 2017
The Kroger that I worked at was in an extremely busy area and we had a large variety of customers. There wasn't a real effort from the management to actually make the employees feel like a team so there was a disconnect between the different departments. There were times that it was difficult to get a manager to assist a customer when they had complaints.
Pros
good experence dealing with all kinds of customer issues, learned a lot about customer service
Cons
lack of follow through from management
Good first job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAMay 24, 2017
Its a good first job to work at! Pretty flexible when it comes to scheduling. Advancing is hard. You'll most likely work other departments without having the title.
Productive and fun workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician/Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 24, 2017
Continuous work
Constant hours
Friendly staff
Everyone treats you like a family and knows how to have a good time while still taking things seriously. Managers and co-workers will take time out of their schedule to help you out with anything you need and will even do things for you on your birthday and stuff. Excellent training and benefits, will definitely recommend.
A very demanding place to work at
In various circumstances, acted as lead stocker (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAMay 24, 2017
When I first joined to work with Kroger they would give me a schedule for the week on who is coming in to work. the job I signed up to do was to be a bagger which means i put others customer food items in the shopping carts as they are paying for them. The job gave me very little time for lunch which i was so happy about I pulled through it and and made work for me, also the manger and the employees were very nice and approachable and this was also my first job before i joined into the army.
Chaotic and selfish
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMay 24, 2017
I've found that at my Kroger store, the higher ups would prefer to keep their statistics high rather than their employees happy. Hour cuts and temporary lay-offs come out of nowhere. Everyone is unhappy, and coworkers don't really interact with each other.
If there was an accommodation that needed to be met, there wasn't very much effort put into meeting it.
My higher ups were more than happy to passively punish you if they didn't like you/weren't in a good mood. The environment didn't feel very welcoming and positive.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Employee satisfaction and treatment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kroger Stores. Our community is ready to answer.