Kroger Stores Employee Reviews

A company that purposely puts employees against one another
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hinton, WVJanuary 16, 2018
The opportunities for advancement at Kroger are actually nonexistent. Managers sometimes try their best, but are poorly equipped by the company to handle anything.
Pros
Easy first job
Cons
Terrible job
Terrible management
Bagger/ Cart grabber (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Management never hired any new employees, so the store was always understaffed. The management would get upset for employees going to do their jobs, but we were understaffed, so that made us lose a bagger and lose cart pushers as well.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Understaffed
High School Job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 16, 2018
This was a great first job while in high school. The management was great and always worked with my schedule in school. I enjoyed helping customers. The hardest part was learning to inventory.
interned here
Pharmacy Extern (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSJanuary 16, 2018
i was an intern here. no complaints, my bosses were great; co-workers were great. You even get a discount when you shop there - can't beat that. I just didn't want to do retail pharmacy after school
Kroger has the family name
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2018
Kroger is a solid place to work- with several employment opportunities. The deli is one small area of work, Krogers offers several positions from part time to full time, over night to day work. Whether you want to stock the shelves overnight or interact with the customer's shopping during the day, Kroger has a place for you.
never worked here
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 16, 2018
I was never employed at a Kroger Super Market ...........................

Dont know the policies..............

Not familiar with work environment ........
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 16, 2018
I'm a hardworking and dedicated employee who has done excellently this year. My work performance has been excellent. When performance review time comes around, you are sure that my work will speak for itself with management.
Ok
Brand Manager - Corporate Brands (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 16, 2018
I worked in the Corporate Brands department. It was fast paced and exciting and I enjoyed the people I worked with. There wasn't much training or guidance provided and my direct manager was clueless.
Pros
Good people to work with each day.
Cons
Zero training and guidance.
Productive & quick paced work environment.
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Management was great, the company itself expects a lot for low pay. Over night stocking was amazing at the 24 hour stores. Was able to quickly stock & face the products on the aisle, as well as provide great customer service as well throughout the night.
Pros
%10 discount
Cons
Low hourly salary
Good workplace environment
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Kroger is a team based job that has you working in all fields of the job description the chance for advancement is low but there are flexible hours constant work and great team building.
was a very good first company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2018
work 10 hour days sometimes 12
upper management visited stores weekly knew all of the by name
moved from store to store every one to two years this was a good learning experience working with different people and in different communities
Pros
good job security
Cons
worked a lot of hours
Decent first job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 15, 2018
Working here in a low-level position is only as good as your current manager, which likely changes frequently. Advancement requires dedication to a grocery store.
Great job for high school student.
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJanuary 15, 2018
I started here when I was 16. They were very flexible with my schedule while I was in high school. The pay was so-so, but I did get a vacation the first year and two weeks vacation after 3 years. Good starter job, but had to pay weekly union dues no matter how many hours I worked.
Good pay and Benefit package
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2018
My review for Kroger, a fast pace very up beat, atmosphere the challenges created promotion and or salary increase however it can sometime effect work life balance.
Pros
Pay and benefit package
Cons
Over all difficulties working for this company
Clicklist Associate (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, TXJanuary 15, 2018
When I first started with this company I was very excited and happy. But once I started there it was a totally different thing. Management is nonexistent unless you are someone favorite employee. They promise to move you up in the company and then never ever do as they say! Pay is poor and the environment is horrible..... most of the employees are looking for ways to back stab you. Very disappointed in this company! Would not want want even my worst enemy than work ther!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay, management, they are not flexible with schedules
Easy to progress
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wood Village, ORJanuary 15, 2018
Opportunities are very easy to come by, promotions or transfers between departments or stations are available and it's easy to find a good fit for abilities and schedule.
Pros
Employee events, discounts
Always busy throughout the day to maintain company standards and instock position
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville MIJanuary 15, 2018
Worked hard daily to assist in the morale with the 4 walls of our location. worked closely with department managers with sales floor execution, Displays. Assisted with on boarding of new associates.
Typical chain pharmacy
Staff Pharmacist - Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2018
This was a typical chain pharmacy position. Everything is the fault of the pharmacist and management would rather appease the customer even if they are wrong.
Pros
Could grocery shop right after work
Cons
contact with sick patients
Short on staff, negligence
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 15, 2018
There are departments within Marketplace stores in particular that get the short end of the stick. They only matter when sales numbers are under scrutiny. These overlooked departments have minimal theft prevention, the employees get pulled away from the area and used elsewhere frequently - such as for front end, ClickList, or whatever area is behind at the time - rather than hours being given to the employees of those departments. Or more help hired. And the management team dares not do anything about that in fear of losing their bonuses if they stay under a certain number of hours.

You may end up overworked, or you may have a slow day. Depends on where they shove you.
Pros
End-of-sales-period lunches, holiday lunches, break flexibility depending on department, some union aide, benefits after 1yr employment
Cons
Low pay, poor staffing, poor crowd handling, minimal recognition for a job well done, minimal opportunity for growth
A place where you can move into management
Floral Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 15, 2018
A typical day can be very busy with putting out your merchandise. Displaying merchandise so that it can be at a focal point for customers. Fullfilling customer orders in a timely manner. Taking inventory of your products in order to keep your supply on hand.
The hardest part is making sure you have enough staff on hand during prom orders. There is a variety of diversity in the work place.
The most enjoyable part is making customers happy and making friends along the way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kroger Stores. Our community is ready to answer.