Kroger Stores Employee Reviews

Found 19,691 reviews matching the search
Krogers was a learning experience. Like all jobs, i give it my all.
Fuel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bartonville, ILJuly 24, 2017
Kroger's fuel center is a nice place to work. Never a dull moment. Can always find something to do. I enjoyed helping customers. Making sure the area around and in the center was tidy & clean.
Pros
We got $5.00 gift card on certain occasions
Cons
No bathroom in Fuel center
Great place to work yet terrible management
GM Clerk (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 24, 2017
Ralphs is a great place to work if you are going to school because they are very flexible around your schedule. Although, the management is not very cooperative because they always flip flop your hours and don't communicate well.
OK work place
Lead Pharmacy Tecnician (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 24, 2017
THis work place offers good benefits and good offers for raises and increases in vacation time but the management and corporate culture is poor. Don't recommend their corporate methods in managing.
Good first job
Cashier/Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJuly 24, 2017
I worked with a fun team and had a good experience. It can take quite a while to gain significant advancements, it ended up being dead-end for me. But there is terrific job security and work-life balance. You can get off pretty much any days you want (paid or unpaid).
Great customers great staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 24, 2017
Always an opportunity to move up and become more familiar with customer service and people skills .awesome managemnt.not so great scehdulimg,benificial pay and holidays are to open I to consideration if requested off.
Pros
Good team effort
Cons
Random scehduling
No opportunity for growth
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJuly 24, 2017
It was okay but nothing to write home about. The front end was terrible but working in a department was somewhat enjoyable in my opinion. Id only recommend this job to someone younger getting at first job.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
union dues
Good company during school
Level I Produce associate (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJuly 24, 2017
-Allowed a flexible schedule to accommodate for school
-Union based company to help hourly employees
-Enjoyable company and co-workers
-Do have ways to move up in the company
It's Ok
Transportation Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNJuly 24, 2017
They are growing and continuing to expand nationwide. It is very difficult to move up and the starting salary isn't all that great around 15/hr. They play favorites but if you can fit into the culture you should be fine.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Favoritism, cliquish is alive and well
Quick paced enviroment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 24, 2017
Quick paced environment with a focus on customer service. Need to be able to work as a team to be successful in a shift and have a friendly attitude while helping patients at the counter.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Hectic, at times
smiths
CUSTOMER SERVICE/MAINTENANCE (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2017
a great place to work at great managers, process, co workers, and customers, employee treatment was fair benefits, hours and pay really fair for the work
nice place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, MIJuly 24, 2017
the mangers are amazing to work for. but the pay is bad because of the things we have to do. buts a great job for teenagers. not much benefits are offer here.
Poor managment
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJuly 24, 2017
Would not recommend management could not keep product coming in to meat the demands and were always understaffed on the sales floor .
You'll get great hours but not many breaks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 24, 2017
Working for Fry's was a good experience in that I really got to enhance my skills in customer service, cashiering, communication, and more. But the environment is very toxic with a lot of gossip, and as a cashier I didn't get a lot of breaks. They expected me to wait it out and didn't care if I needed to eat, use the restroom or just take a moment. I do miss the bonus checks and guaranteed lots of hours, but for me it wasn't worth not having a life and not getting to use the bathroom or eat food. They're not flexible about schedules either. They promise advancement but do not always give it (favoritism?). Lots of empty promises.
Pros
Bonus checks, lots of hours
Cons
Short breaks, no breaks, toxic environs, empty promises, bad management, not flexible
Good
ASSISTANT PRODUCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAJuly 24, 2017
I've worked there for 22 years it has been good for me and has taught me a lot about customer service and controlling shrink and quality orders and manage people
Consistently challenging environment which I enjoyed.
Administrative Support Person (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2017
Enjoyed nearly ten years working for them. No two days were ever the same. Enjoyed the challenges of meeting payroll guidelines set by corporate. No complaints.
Pros
Daily challenges with payroll and budgeting
awful
Fuel clerk (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJuly 24, 2017
company doesn't care about their employees. I was forced to work in the file center while there was a water leak coming out of a pipe with live wires. the place could have burst into flames and the entire fuel center could have exploded with me inside. management told me to just chill and take care of the customers.
I like working at Kroger
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAJuly 24, 2017
I have learned alot since the 9 months working at Kroger. I work at night and my coworkers at night are all team players. It is a good place to work.
Its a grocery store
Culinary Head Clerk (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 24, 2017
It was not hard at all, I just didn't want to work in a grocery store. If you are customer service oriented then you may enjoy working for Kroger, however it is very corporate like anywhere else.
Pros
easy work
Cons
dealing with corporate and rude customers
Easy work
Kroger (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 24, 2017
Working at krogers for being an cart attendant I would not recommend to anyone because you have to go outside in the hot, cold, snow, rain, storm, or anything to push carts in they do not care what the circumstances are. The managers there are also easily irritated and rude, they start off at minimum wage payment but the job you do is worth the little pay they offer you because it's an easy tasked job, it's more for teenagers I'll say.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Overall great place to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Streator, ILJuly 24, 2017
Management is great! I got injured out side of work and it had me on restrictions most of management worked with me and wanted to keep me going work wise but store manager did not want that kind of liability (understandable) There is not enough work hours given to lower end workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kroger Stores. Our community is ready to answer.