Kroger Stores Employee Reviews

relaxed atmosphere
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 17, 2017
a typical day/night at work would be breaking down the merch and sorting out the merch the management was okay long as you did your work didnt have to worry about anyone down your back
customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSNovember 17, 2017
if you don't like helping customers then don't work for retail. the only day the store is closed is Christmas. They will make you stay late but tell you no Overtime.
Bad management and overworked
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buford, GANovember 17, 2017
The management was lazy plain and simple. Anytime you would complain about something they would say they'd do something but they never would. I was constantly being overworked, 10+days in a row and some days would not get a break even with my 8+hour shifts. it was exhausting. most of the time there were gaps in the schedule and management made it to be your problem and responsibility to fix their mess.
typical workplace
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 17, 2017
people don't care about you. some management are down to earth and understanding. typical day as a cutter constant cutting,cleaning,and customer service.
its alright.. cut throat and bad management
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2017
worked there for about a year and a half and the management always dresses issues but never did anything to fix them but kept blaming those trying to fix the issue, always said we didn't have enough money for more people at night but kept hiring people during the day and expected us to do what people in the morning couldn't do with less people at night.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Easy Work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kent, WANovember 16, 2017
It is a great company with a lot of options for work. They offer great benefits and ways to grow in the company. I would recommend it for anyone who wants a temporary job.
We have a couch in the break room
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 16, 2017
The customers at topicaly friendly as well as most employees. Management is terrible messing up constantly on schedules. Benefits could be better only 10 discount on Kroger products.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Managers
Starter Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 16, 2017
This is a grocery store. I encourage this job if you are unemployed. However, i do not believe it will meet you minimum need for your personal growth.
Terrible Work Life Balance
Payroll Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 16, 2017
There is a bad work life balance and they often try to fit one person in multiple roles when, even with good time management, the demands of the duties mean none of the jobs are achieved well. You pick up some good skills if you try but after a while they become overly generalized to kroger.
Pros
Picking up basic skills
Cons
Overly demanding on your personal time
Kroger
Grocery bagger and stocking (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INNovember 16, 2017
Working at Kroger was nice, management was super nice to everyone and always willing to help with whatever they could. Although I didn't get very many hours, because I was still in high school, I still enjoyed working there.
nothing happy here
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 16, 2017
Nothing happy about working here. Extremely slow work environment that made you want to spend your whole paycheck on your breaks on nothing. We had to take 1 hour lunches, and that was way too long. I would rather leave that hour early...
good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYNovember 16, 2017
its a good place to work get to meet lots of people and do different tasks, good pay for the location as a cashier you have to move at a quick pace and clean when its slow.
Not my favorite job
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVNovember 16, 2017
Kroger is not my favorite job. It is a fast paced environment with little to no advancement available unless you are willing to put in years and years of work.
typical day
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 16, 2017
I go into work clock in and then I face my aisles and department then go to the back and look for carts and then begin to break down my order from the night before and then order product while stocking and then I scan all the lows and holes that are in those aisles.
Working at Kroger is fun
CASHIER/FLORIST/ CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTIVE (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GANovember 16, 2017
When you hit the time clock to clock in for your shift, its like walking in the doors to your grandmother's house on Thanksgiving day. It is very chaotic yet very warm and welcoming too.
Low pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GANovember 16, 2017
Poor management, everyone wants to be in charge and does not work as a team. Managers blame employees for poor sales and customer complaints. Management assumes that everyone will do whatever they ask without question, and will not listen if the employee has concerns or complaints.
Pros
store discounts
Cons
bad management
Kroger
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 16, 2017
Good place to work for a first job, easy, laid back, and good hours. flexible hours, easy to take time off, they are union based so that can be helpful for long time workers
Kroger work day
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lanett, ALNovember 16, 2017
First I come walk back to the deli area and clean. First go into the freezer and get the hen out and put them in the oven and roast them Then I will go into the freezer and get out the veggies and put them the oven. After there done I check the the Temp and write them down. I put the food out on the hot bar and prepare for customers to come then I serve them i also operated the deli slicer.
I liked working at Kroger's but it was temporary once I finish scholl.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  College Park, GANovember 16, 2017
I had a bad experience with a deli manager at one of the stores. My deli manager at the store in college park was wonderful but the manager at Stockbridge store was not kind.
Pros
I enjoyed working there
Cons
The pay was not that good.
Co-workers and customers fun to be around and pleasant
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2017
Helping customers check out with the items that they are purchasing, stocking the registers with tape and bags, cleaning the registers, placing misplaced items back in their places.
Pros
Some management great and some not so great, providing great customer service experience
Cons
Not so great management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kroger Stores. Our community is ready to answer.