Kroger Stores Employee Reviews

Found 16,882 reviews matching the search
kroger
Dairy clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2017
it was a great experience i learned alot from the manager. he was a great teacher. this place need better pay. the start very low it was a relaxed atmosphere
Communication lacking
Store Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 25, 2017
I have found that there is very little communication when working for Kroger stores. And different managers have different views on policies. Also, management does not operate in a professional hands on manner.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
Very little communication
not the best company, nor well paying but you learn
Assistant Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 25, 2017
While working with this company you learn the necessary skills to advance to another level in preparation for whatever career you plan to have in the near future. This company needs serious reform when it comes to how they treat their employees.
Pros
learning skills for advancement
Cons
in need of policy reform and changes in how employees are treated
Bittersweet
Fuel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40214September 25, 2017
One would arrive ready to start off quickly giving breaks and helping to catch up on work that needed to be done immediately. One would expect to learn how to handle large volumes of people, while multitasking. The upper management were often not present when needed and not helpful when problems arose. The job was failrly fun because one would be able to engage with customers and coworkers.
Pros
More flexibilty
Cons
Less opportunity for hours
good place for little work
Night Stock Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mt. Washington, KYSeptember 25, 2017
Kroger is a great place to work if you want part time. it is very hard to get hired on as full time, and it goes by seniority. the pay is not too bad and is weekly.
Stressful work enviroment non work related
Cash Appications/Reimbursement (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CASeptember 25, 2017
Busy, posting monies from different insurances to Pharmacies, Working and meeting great people, outside of manager.Hardest part of job was being belittled and Cursed at by manager.Never acknowledge of work well done but pulled into office daily for non work related issues/pettiness
Pros
Cash apps learning
Cons
Manager playing co workers against eachother and cursing at them
Great first job, but not a career.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 25, 2017
I worked at Kroger for a year and a half, and for the most part it is a great place to work if it's your first job or you're between jobs. Most days it felt as though management was forcing me to do things I did not want to do. I did gain some great customer service skills along the way, so that was a plus. Also, if you are there long enough, they will cross train you in other departments to add to your skill set.
Pros
Excellent for gaining experience.
Cons
Pay is okay, but not that competitive.
Great coworkers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHSeptember 25, 2017
Loved the coworkers, management, and customers. Great employee incentives. easy to use store web sites. Favorite part was the fuel program perks. 2 weeks vacation paid after just 2 years employment
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
not paid lunches
It was a very friendly and fun work environment.
GM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COSeptember 25, 2017
I learned what it was like to be valued as an employee, I would speak and my voice would be heard and I liked that. The upper management would actually care about my qualms however little I had and took the time to get to know me.
Job culture solid
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GASeptember 25, 2017
Kroger always wanted to make the customer feel at home and they stressed that customers were always right.
The pay was very low. This could work for a college student.
Pros
kroger dollars
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MISeptember 25, 2017
This was my first job and i loved it! Everyone was so nice and accepting. Made so many friends that i have kept over the years and we still talk. Loved the job and made friends with returning customers. I didnt mind waking up every morning to go to work. We showed up to put in the hours while also having fun throughout the day!
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85204September 25, 2017
it was a good place to work, you always had something to do. They always knew where you were and kept track of you. They were fair with hours with everyone.
Fuel Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2017
The employee's there are very nice, they are helpful. As forwards for managers, some of them take their position a little to far. I would recommend people shop there, and depending on which store you would lile to work at, I would recommend you work there also.
Best place to start a career
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GASeptember 25, 2017
Best place to start a career.
Everyone is wonderful to work with. A place to work your way to the top of your career. Hours are wonderful. The management is wonderful.
Enjoyed learning new parts of the operation
Scan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 25, 2017
This was an excellent chapter in my life. Friendly people, great support. I have learned great customer service skills as well as learning how to be patient with people and give detailed explanation of issues.
Pros
Ability to adapt to the surroundings
Cons
Drama between co workers at times
It's a good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 25, 2017
At Kroger being a cashier isn't very hard but definitely wasn't something for everyone to do. Must be able to stand for a long period of time and two 15 min paid breaks and one 30 min unpaid lunch
Its a good job, but not a good career.
Porter/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Forest, VASeptember 25, 2017
Working at Kroger is a hit and miss, much like many retail stores. Every employees experience will be different, but we can all say that sometimes it is very stressful to work there.
Pros
Flexible hours, sometimes
Cons
Management is too stressed, this can also bleed to the employees as well, which results in sometimes a stressful job.
not the worst place
Cashier, Customer Service, and Fuel- Full Time (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 25, 2017
They try to create a good working environment but it is hard because it is fast paced and high volume. I enjoyed working there and have actually reapplied.
Its productive but stressful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 24, 2017
Its a okay job but

I feel like it doesn't pay my bills so much.

It sucks how short our breaks are

I can't even choose when I get mine!

Most times they are too early
Cons
Short breaks
Fun job. High overturn, low starting pay, so employees like myself who are dedicated and make a little more money have to work crazy hours.
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Seabrook, TXSeptember 24, 2017
I love working at Kroger . It can be stressful at times. If I wasn't also a mom I wouldn't be looking for another job. I can't work the nights and weekends they want me to because I need to spend that time with my son. At nineteen years of employment, they can't give me morning hours with weekends off.
Pros
5 weeks of paid vacation, 3 personal holidays, $14.00 an hour with full coverage health insurance under $135.00 a month.
Cons
Nights and weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kroger Stores. Our community is ready to answer.