Kroger Stores Employee Reviews

Found 18,050 reviews matching the search
not a work place i would recommend for anyone
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 28, 2017
unprofessional work environment co managers flirting with employees equipment not working managers telling employees to be untruthful to customers
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 28, 2017
Working in the pharmacy call center was a fast paced environment. You answer calls from pharmacy customers. Training is extensive, pay is decent, benefits are good.
Pros
Vacation time; good training; supervisors are good
Cons
Attendance policy can be strict
Awful management
Front End Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 28, 2017
Was treated poorly by management and staff. They are very rude and not responsive to things. Manager was never there when needed and was not given proper breaks and broke labor laws. Management would not work with school schedule and refused to listen to me about my hours.
Pros
10% Kroger items
Cons
Broke labor laws, not very staffed, not paid well
fast paced and friendly coworkers
Courtesy clerk/service deli clerk/stocker (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAMay 28, 2017
its a great place to work, a little on the stressful side, not enough time in the day to complete certain task but try my best to finish my job before its time to leave.
Pros
always a job to do; no time to seat down
Very good company but the store location wasn't the best.
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHMay 28, 2017
Open and close the front end I handle all the money from registers to western union and transactions... return items from customers and if something rang up wrong I fixed it and made sure my customers were returning customers
Good solid company to work for on the management level
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 28, 2017
The best part of this job is the people. The most difficult is the feeling of never having enough time to get everything done and always being pushed to get more done
Pros
People
Cons
Not enough time
Underpaid, underappreciated.
Fuel Clerk (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 28, 2017
Management does not assist employees on training, the union does not assist you much at all and after dues you're making very little around $2 under minimum wage even though you will be working on every holiday.
Very friendly coworkers
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Stowe, PAMay 28, 2017
Fun place to work as the coworkers are always happy and go out of their way to help each other. Very fast paced so the day goes by quickly. It is a very physical job. Very much fun to cook for the employees as they enjoy the extra love put in the food.
Pros
close to home
Cons
physical job
Not good for management
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 28, 2017
Kroger is a good part time good for school kids. Being in upper management the stress level was unbearable,no work life balance, can't keep stores staffed, division office doesn't support stores. Please don't work in upper management if you to enjoy a good life.
Pros
Cons
Dont go work there
Slow and Boring work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 28, 2017
As a cashier I spent the majority of my time standing around waiting for customers, I was lucky if I got 15 to 20 customers in an 8 hour shift. My manager was very sweet and the other cashiers were nice for the most part, but sometimes could be a little to absorbed in talking to one another and didn't pay attention when a customer was trying to talk to them. The hardest part of the job was having nothing to do for most of the day, if there were no customers all we were allowed to do was stand at the register and wait for a customer to show up.
Great job
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2017
I love this job. It's been an amazing first job. It has very very very flexible scheduling. Work atmosphere is a balance of fun and hard work. Multiple coworkers as well
Nice place to work!
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 27, 2017
Kroger is a pretty nice place to work the only thing I HATE about it is that it's really hard to go full time and part time hours aren't consistent. One week you may work 27 hours then the next week you only may get 16 hours.
Pros
Benifits, weekly pay, people are cool!
Cons
Hours, Hard to get FT
very fun environment
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHMay 27, 2017
kroger was a very fun place to work for me. i love interacting with people and i'm always willing to offer assistance. being able to help people is rewarding.
Pros
free food, great people, decent work pace, flexible hours
Cons
doesn't pay very well
Stay away
Deli Clerk (cheese) (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 27, 2017
This was by far the worst company and management I've encountered in forty years of a working history. They treat their employees like less than dogs; could care less; forced union; pathetic management; huge turnover; over-controlled and regulated without clear understanding within management. Poor pay; and best of all....they lie.
Pros
Cons
as above. Terrible company.
No Corpret ladder
Front End Clerk (Former Employee) –  Loveland, OHMay 27, 2017
Could not move up in position very easily and management did not help speed up the process. Was stuck as a bagger although I was taught register for no one to tell me that I had to go do the training to get a physical promotion on my job description to go in my file.
Great place
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 27, 2017
Long hours and clean work place, worked holidays and mandatory overtime. They have a point system, incentive pay. they watch you every second but stll good place.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 27, 2017
great place to grow up in if you are young it take same time to get promoted and the raises is not that much but it a big family everybody look out for each other
Not too bad of a company to work for
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 27, 2017
Kroger was fun because I learned a new department. I worked in the bakery and learned a lot of new things, got to work with a few good people, and made a few good friends there. I also worked in the Starbucks and that was fun too. Management did not seem to really care about certain employees and was pretty unprofessional. Always talked to employees about other employees and I found it disrespectful. Didn't get much gratitude for the hard work you put in and made it kind of unpleasant to work there. Pay is also not competitive as they falsely advertise...
Productive, fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 27, 2017
Kroger was a productive, fun workplace. When the time arose for donations to the children's hospitals, animal shelters, etc., there were competitions to earn gift cards if you were able to get the most donations for a certain amount of time. Management was helpful most of the time, but could get short with employees at times.
Very boring
Bagger (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 27, 2017
The job was very boring. It is very boring which makes it extremely boring which isn't a good thing. And it's also really boring. The worst thing about this Jong is that it's very boring
Pros
N/a
Cons
Boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kroger Stores. Our community is ready to answer.