Kroger Stores Employee Reviews

Found 19,630 reviews matching the search
Very fast paced place to work at and always busy
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2017
I started part time with the company, but after 1month being there I was able to do training to level up. I was able to cross train with two different derpartments and after another year I became fulltime. I was able to grow with this company.
fun enviroment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 21, 2017
staff was always friendly and made you want to be at work training were offered at anytime and staff was willing to actually work with you to help you better your career
no set schedule
meat cutter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2017
hardest part of the job is getting the work done in the alloted time..with any overtime resulting in a write up.typical retail job.. worked all holidays and weekends.
Pros
compensation
Cons
days off change every week
dont understand
Deli Clerk (Part-time) / Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 21, 2017
typical day; Its was okay most days
learned not ever is your friend
management was great
hardest part of the job was to bag heavy glass things without braking them
enjoyable partwas able to meet new people
Pros
had some great managers
Cons
no benefits
An easy and relaxing experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 21, 2017
I was only with the Kroger Company for a few short months, but I mostly enjoyed my time there. The job was not too stressful, and apart from having to stand for long hours without being allowed, to sit, it was not so bad. The management was polite and willing to listen to your complaints and help you talk through and problems you may have had.

The hardest part of the job was the customers. Everyone who works in customer service knows that, sometimes, you just get customers that treat you like dirt. Not being able to stand up for yourself, especially when you were being chastised for some imagined error, could be taxing.

The best part of the job was, again, the customers. It was a humbling experience to meet so many people, most of them polite and patient. I even received Employee of the Month for July 2012 because I greeted an older lady with, "Good afternoon, young lady. Are you young enough to qualify for the senior citizens' discount?" She loved that, apparently
Pros
Nice co-workers, understanding managers
Cons
Standing for long hours, rude customers at times
fun place to work
Customer Service/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hazel Park, MI 48030July 21, 2017
My most enjoyable part of the job is the customers and learning from them. I've learned patience and self-control. The hardest part of the job is having to explain the same things over and over again.
Good to go
Customer Associate (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 21, 2017
Good starting job....but not good to live on. Stay busy the whole time I am there. Always something to do. Like the weekly paycheck. Management is decent.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough pay
was not for me
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJuly 21, 2017
the freezer i worked in was no joke the coldness was outstanding some times take your breath away that was the hardest part but i cant say it was all bad there some good in all jobs its just i dont think i got the chance to see the good in it
Productive and fun workplace
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 21, 2017
I like the job I just need a full time job and something I can live off of. The people that work there are great and I enjoy it. If I was younger I would definitely consider staying.
Overall a great company to start with.
Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, TXJuly 21, 2017
Kroger is a great company to start with. I never really used the benefits, considering i was there from 16-18 and was still on my parents' insurance plans! However, i like the fact that they do offer benefits and paid vacations. I always had great hours. However, i was quickly promoted as a supervisor/customer service and i did that for about 2 hours... I was still getting paid the same as a starting cashier so that's why i had to leave. Other than that, if you don't plan on moving up in the company, it is a great place to start with.
Pros
Discount on Kroger products
Cons
Low pay for supervisors / customer service
Dealing with all kinds of people
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 20, 2017
Helps with dealing with a fast passed environment and how to handle certain situations. Can create special relationships with people. Helps with dealing with all kinds of people.
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAJuly 20, 2017
I come to work and bag a couple of groceries. Sometimes I use to cashier when they didn't have help.
I stocked groceries overnight for 5 years and loved it.
Very professional, productive and helpful
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 20, 2017
I got offered this job after getting laid off. I was paid good and taught so many things very fast. When I couldn't work days they let me work nights and always helped me get yours wherever I could. This job is definitely a great place to be at if you are good at math and have the experience.
Fix your management
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 20, 2017
I haven't started working here for too long at all. But for some reason one of the managers never put me on the schedule for a whole week. And when I do come to work I feel like I keep on getting picked on, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong and I've also asked what I can do, to do a better job. But I still feel like I'm getting treated like I'm not doing anything right. It makes me not even want to come to work, but I've talked to management and we will see how things will be taken care of. I really need a job to pay for bills, but I don't want to come to work, to be treated like this.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Friendly, were a kroger family.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
Kroger is a very fun place to work for, friendly, great benefits, flexiable with your schedueling. Good on hours. Managment is helpful in time of need. Very loving place to be.
It is hard to have management happy
Clerk (Former Employee) –  CAJuly 20, 2017
Food 4 Less is a very stressful environment. You have to deal with a lot of pressure in order to provide what is expected to be done without being properly train.
Pros
learn how to perform job duties
Cons
not enough hours and raises are not on time
Overall Very good company with less desirable corporate rules
CASHIER & CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 20, 2017
Overall, the pay is good enough to overlook some of the not so great things. Kroger will hire you and let you know that they value their employees, which is true, but when it comes down to it they value the dollar more. I worked for Fred Meyer specifically and from what I've heard that's the best store for both employees and customers. Employees are like one big family, including every department. It is a great company to work your way up in, you can start out pushing carts and end up store manager in a couple years which a lot of people do. There are some pretty strict policies that come from much higher up that each store must comply with and that can be frustrating. However one of the best things they offer is UNION membership. The UFCW21 in Seattle has done a great job protecting it's members and I know this from personal experience and other associates. So if your rights as a worker are ever overlooked, you won't have to deal with it alone.
Pros
Union, discounts, flexible hours, fair hourly pay, healthcare
Cons
corporate rules, some unqualified managers, write-ups for simple mistakes
Great benifits. Pay a little low
Liguor Manager, Cashier, Back Up Payroll (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZJuly 20, 2017
Love both the people I work with and the customers. Benefits are a BIG plus in todays world. Hours I work interfer with home live both is the position I chose at this time.
productive
Courtesy Clerk/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 20, 2017
typically you just go in doing what you know your supposed to do, fast paced, hard to keep up with time, got to watch what you do so you know when to switch for your hourly duties.
Decent Workplace
Florist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJuly 20, 2017
I worked at King Soopers Floral for almost two years. Wonderful co-workers, and decent pay at the time. Only time I had an issue was when my grandfather had passed and they did not let me get the time off to go to his funeral.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kroger Stores. Our community is ready to answer.