Kroger Stores Employee Reviews

would work there again.
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  txOctober 18, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Kroger it was like family I would work there again. I learned a lot there and enjoyed working there we worked hard but we got the job done I enjoyed customers and being on the floorzee
Pros
good people
Cons
expectations are not the same for everyone
Very fast paced environment
COURTESY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 17, 2017
fast paced
customer service skills help!
learn how to handle stressful situations
learn how to make small talk
must deal with unhappy customers
must work efficiently
always have a smile
Pros
weekly pay
Awsome
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXOctober 17, 2017
Friendly calm pleasant staff. Just a wonderful place to work. Very helpful team work. No problems with needing to be off for any reason. Nothe hard at all.
Pros
Holiday get togethers
Cons
fun to get to know different people
Cashier/Courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHOctober 17, 2017
A typical day at Kroger was slow and then picked up at certain times of the day. I learned a lot while being there like cashing coinstars and how to use a check if that is how they were paying for their groceries. Management was nice to everyone there especially the customers. The workplace culture was fun to learn like how other people got along with one another and how we interacted with the employees and the customers. The hardest part of the job was having to bag the customers groceries if they had a big order and no bagger available to help you out. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people like the customers and employees.
productive
Courtesy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAOctober 17, 2017
its was a good place to work. the people were nice it was a good learning experience. the only thing is that it was hard to move up there.but other then that it was good.
Pros
lunches
Cons
short breaks
not very fun or productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNOctober 17, 2017
Kroger is not the place you would want to work if you are just seeking for a job because they don't pay enough for the hard work you are doing. Kroger is a place to shop sometimes not work
good juob but expect to work alot
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 17, 2017
i really enjoyed working for kroger and think they are a great company but that said I can not say the same for some of the management there. they will force you in to work on your days off almost weekly and can and have given as shot of notice as you walking out the door clocked off for your weekend to get told you have to come back tomorrow morning. other then that everything else about that company is fantastic. from all the benefits and great pay its almost worth getting forced in all the time.
Working every weekend is not fun!
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 17, 2017
I work the days package meat is delivered, which includes weekends and I would prefer to work a job that does not require working weekend or work a rotating shift schedule. There is a lot of pressure to avoid working any overtime which is very hard to avoid in a retail environment. there is not monetary reward working this job pay rates are locked in and only store managers receive bonuses. And because I’m very good at ordering and stocking product there is not much chance of moving to different departments unless I request working at different Kroger location.
Great place to work specialy if it's your first job
Fuel Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2017
It's a great atmosphere, the work challenges you and makes you feel rewarded when completed. The staff is great and management was just as great. Having the option of a union is amazing as well.
Pros
Schedule is steady and seniority counts
Cons
Working past seniority can be annoying
Hated it
Cake Decorater (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
Hated it Gross fat Manager who talked about everyone behind their back very nasty had a roach problem in the bakery got locked in freezer informed manager and nothing was done
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2017
Provided outstanding customer service by providing assistance, recommendations, and listening to the customers’ needs and preferences to ensure satisfaction
Stocked groceries and baked goods; kept track of inventory
Assisted customers with coupons, bagging groceries, and loading groceries into their vehicle
Performed occasional maintenance when necessary
Union Jobs
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2017
This place was a great place to work back in the day. It was unionized and the union would have your back. Now the union does nothing for you to protect you or your job. Be cautious if you apply.
Pros
Old School Union
Cons
New Union
Great environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVOctober 17, 2017
Kroger was a relaxed environment with a great group of people I left this job because it didn't offer enough hours or pay. I was offered another job which gave me benefits and more hours. I love my Pharmacy manager!
good place to work
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHOctober 17, 2017
I loved my job working at Kroger. They treated me like family and respected me, even though i don't work there anymore my Kroger team still checks up on me. The management was great and I would recommend anyone to work there.
Fun fast paced and a learning experience
Deli/courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 17, 2017
Always ask a question if you are not sure and it dont hurt to ask to be moved to another department i actually moved from a courtesy to the deli i learned alot cashier maintenance scan cord inventory customer service as well as cooking different hot foods and making fruit trays and meat amd cheese trays and a whole lot more
Pros
Discounts on alot
Cons
Short breaks
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 17, 2017
Its very challenging but we work together as team and it helps a whole lot. My management team is awsome and the ensure we have the tools to succeed. My plan is to work there as a Pharmacist some day.
Distribution Center
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, OROctober 16, 2017
Fast paced and very disruptive work environment. Management does nothing to make it a good place to work. Hard to keep good employees when you treat them badly. Most safety problems that need to be fixed get no attention from management.
Pros
Pay and Benifits
Cons
Horrible work environment
Over worked and so much more
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 16, 2017
terrible place to work at if you want a life outside of the job. They don't care about you having free time. Its all about what you can do for them. if I could do it all again, I would have just gone to college and been done with this company a long time ago. the holidays are coming and its about to be ten times worse.
Pros
money
Cons
no life, stretched too thin, better wages elsewhere
A good place to meet people
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Blanchester, OHOctober 16, 2017
My experience here was not too good. I put in 2.5 years and had a 10 cent pay increase. They make it very hard to move up as well. However, for a first job I would recommend it, just so you have some time under your belt.
Cons
No paid lunches, all is part time unless you meet the hours.
Great work place
Kroger Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Ecorse, MIOctober 16, 2017
The environment isn’t the best everyone seems to have an attitude. If you can get pass that then you’ll be fine. It’s like any other work place though
Pros
Discount
Cons
Attitudes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kroger Stores. Our community is ready to answer.