Kroger Stores Employee Reviews in United States

Found 8,097 reviews matching the search
Kroger is a great place to work
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 28, 2016
Other than being a part time associate, it was a great job to have as a parent. The pay was above average for the area. The stote I was at was a union store, it was great opportunity.
Pros
10% discount, and senior discounts
Cons
Almost the whole staff is part time status.
Overnight stocking
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2016
Kroger's overnight stalking was pretty good it was hard working the people was nice the hours was nice I wouldn't mind going back and working and a grocery store
Lack Compensation and Benefits
Starbucks Barista Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 28, 2016
Starbucks was a great place to work inside of Kroger. I worked there for 2 yr and loved it but, my biggest problem was i started with a pay rate of 7.35, there was no advancement, and no benefits.
Its a good beginner job for the youth
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2016
I think Kroger is a great for a first job. I wouldn't try to start a career with the company because i personally think that they don't pay enough for all the things that the employees put up with.
horrible
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJuly 27, 2016
Pros- I have some customers that love coming in my line, some i see every week always make my day.
Most of my co workers are cool, I dont have many issues with them at all.

Cons- be warned that it is only part time, Only way you are going to work full time is if you work customer service or work over night as a stocker.
They wont move you up, or give you more hours and if they do they going have you working at night. It will be crazy, and we never have enough help as far as cashiers, and clerks.
They dont move up the people, thats actually been there for 1-2+ years, people that have only been working for the company a week or 3-4 months will get moved up before someone thats been at the store for two years.

You might meet some new people, but for the most part its good for extra money, and good for a high school student or someone that is fresh out of college.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
You wont move up in the company.
Learning Customer Service, Putting the Customer first. Being friendly
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Willis, TXJuly 27, 2016
I have learned alot about making the customer the most important part of my job.
I have learned to smile alot and to be polite always.
A typical day requires focusing on customer service.
I had to learn the layout of the store because customers were always ask where they can find a certain item.
I often have to go and get the item.
It is a ggod company to work for.
I want to find a job that will allow me to advance.
Being friendly.
Always be friendly and have a smile on your face.
Leave your personal problems at home.
Pros
Dependable, clean in appearance, good attitude, I am friendly, I am responseable
Cons
need more education, I would like to build a future
great customer base
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 27, 2016
My customers are top notch. The reason I get up go is because of my customers. The middle managers are very nice to work for, and easy going.
Pros
flexible hrs
Cons
no enough hours or pay
Customer Service
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2016
Packed grocery items in paper or plastic bags. Arranged heavy and bulky items at bottom of bags. Verified price of grocery items on stock shelf, upon request. Carried packed bags, in grocery cart, and pushed cart to customer's vehicle. I learned how to manage time and work in a fast pace environment. Management was good and co-workers were helpful. The hardest part of the job was retrieving store carts from parking lot. The most enjoyable part of the job was visiting with customers while helping with their groceries.
Pros
Helping Customers
Cons
few working hours
Goal oriented workplace
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJuly 27, 2016
I have to say my employment with kroger as a stock clerk was not too bad, the only downside was I wanted to stay a grocery stock clerk and unfortunately at my store that meant having to work night shift. On the plus side there are many great benefits to working there.
Benefits
Cons
Working hours
Fun atmosphere workplace with simple tasks dealing with meat and seafood market.
Meat Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJuly 26, 2016
Must greet the customers and provide excellent customer service by responding to the customer’s questions and requests in a courteous and helpful way. Must also stock various meats onto counters, prepare customer orders and keep them on account. Maintain a healthy and clean work area.
Pros
Simple tasks
Cons
Short breaks

Want to know more about Kroger Stores?

Ask a question
Deli Cler (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 26, 2016
Enjoy Kroger, but relocating to Erie, PA where they do not have any stores so have to leave. Great coworkers and bosses sad to go.
Great work environment with very friendly management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GA 30066July 26, 2016
I worked anywhere between 30-35 hours per week and the hours were very unpredictable, though i usually worked as the closing shift cashier from 3pm-11pm. I learned a great deal about stocking and arranging shelves and displays, as well as excellent customer service skills. The managers at this job were always very kind and understanding and they did a great job of integrating me into the team. The hardest part of the job was learning all of the different tobacco products, but the most enjopyable part was the friendly staff and management.
Pros
excellent management, great customer service experience
Cons
low pay and no benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 26, 2016
I loved the team members there. Their attitudes were bright and the customers loved them tremendously. I started to love the customers I had gotten to know. The older women knew right off back I was knew because they knew their regular cashiers. But they also gave me encouragement to keep going no matter what.
Good starting job for anyone
Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 26, 2016
Sometimes you may get the opening and the night shift if you are the new guys but it gets better when you get more experience. You work a average of 4-5 days a week. Co workers were very helpful and management was helpful to a point. Hardest part was being able to held multiple jobs through the day.
Pros
Free snacks for doing well, great environment
Cons
sometimes the customers are a bit much
Simple
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJuly 26, 2016
Simple for High schoolers. Very easy job to get into during breaks if looking for extra cash. Consistent work and very reasonable pay. If you don't mind working some bad shifts then this is the job for you.
The associates and management at Kroger are great, however, the pay and compensations is minimal even for those who advance to leadership positions.
Customer service representive/supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJuly 26, 2016
Kroger has a great team of associates. Each day, the management team would assist the front end in meeting its goals. The most enjoyable part of working at Kroger was meeting new people each day. The hardest part of the job was maintaining the proper register requirements, specifically during times of large budget cuts.
dealing with union was bad
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 25, 2016
Kroger was in limbo, was not a great work environment. Management had a "do not give a darn" attitude as well as other key staff.
Enjoyed working for Kroger
Drug and GM Clerk (Former Employee) –  3588 Gender Rd Columbus OH 4311July 25, 2016
It was physical work. Enjoyed working with my co-workers. Being short made it hard to stock the top shelves. Management was very helpful.
Pros
discounts, fuel perks
Cons
pay rate, and having to belong to a union
Stable
Produce (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJuly 25, 2016
It is a good work enviroment. It is wonderful if you are wanting it to be a full time career. Kroger's is a caring company and it also has a union. Once you make it past the probation period it is okay. Kroger also drug tests
Productive fun place to work
Ambassador Preparatory Academy (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TX 77551July 25, 2016
My experience working for Kroger was great. The people there were awesome, everybody was friendly own down from my co-workers to my managers . The hardest part was when holidays came around, everybody needed to come to the grocery store at the same time. You meet some really great custermers that comes in all the time it just made it a great place to work for.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Insurance