Kroger Stores Employee Reviews

Found 17,933 reviews matching the search
Lousy pay and benefits
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Forest, VAMay 23, 2017
Lousiest pay ever, no raises, overworked and underpaid and its a shame. It could be a nice place to work with the right changes. Forget your life, Kroger comes first, never get your time off approved or plan a vacation....
Pros
its a job
Cons
horrible pay, no benefits
very good employment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHMay 23, 2017
gave me very good hours when I first started working there, very flexible hours, very good management team, helped me out when I needed it, very calming environment
sucks to work at
Barista (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TX 75098May 23, 2017
a lot of stress and management treated Starbucks like the red headed step child. No support or help from the managers, always getting yelled at for things in other departments. signing up for benefits was a joke and 401k plan never went into effect. Kroger is a joke
Work Place
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioMay 23, 2017
My typical work day is very challenging never a dull moment dealing with customers and their complaints . Kroger could be a better Company and treat their employees much better than they do, more money on the hour increase vacations and more respect of mankind
Pros
Treat employees with more dignity and not hard work all the time
Cons
Much longers breaks
Kroger pushes their employees to the limit
Frozen Clerk/Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 23, 2017
This company has gotten down so bad. They treat employees poorly. They denied Union in store for employees. Only management is allowed to work 40 hrs+
nice place to work
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 23, 2017
I trained multiple associates and have been employed with the company since this particular store opened on April, 3rd, 2014....I have exceeded the minimum requirements.
Not a bad job.
Fuel Clerk/Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INMay 23, 2017
The work is not so bad. I like making the customers happy. The hours are fine but the pay is minimum. Management can be an issue but other than that I have enjoyed working for Kroger.
fun work place
Fredmeyers (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 23, 2017
store that i worked at was very playful nobody took the job serious. it was a good store/company to work at until they don't give you the pay you should be getting.
be careful
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2017
law suite was filed after I left the company because of Kroger paying employees less than what was correct. That saying a lot about a company. Check your checks!
Horrible
Starbucks Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYMay 23, 2017
Moved up quickly to not get the correct raise. Worked over 40hrs/week no lunch or breaks. Overtime due to this was frowned upon. Not enough coverage to receive lunches or breaks.
Pros
10% discount on kroger brands
Cons
no lunches
Fun working the people there
Meat Clark (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 23, 2017
Work hard make everyone happy and do as your told clean up after your self makeing sure customers are happy and have it there way. Be nice and respect other and customers
Cons
Two 15 mins breaks and one 30
Good Entry Level Job/Student Job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIMay 23, 2017
Good company to work for. The pay was low, but it was a job and a good part-time job while going to school. They were flexible with the schedule and worked around different things going on during and outside of school.
Pros
good work environment, flexible schedule
Cons
minimum pay, always worked weekends
A great place to work.
Produce Clerk/All Purpose Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COMay 23, 2017
I worked at City Market from 2007-2013, and in that time I was promoted several times. Kroger provided me with healthcare—before the Affordable Care Act—and job security. Unfortunately, during my last few months with the company, I didn't see eye-to-eye with the new management, and I made a terrible mistake—I deserted my job. I would definitely handle things differently today. When all is said and done, Kroger is a great company with many opportunities for advancement. My advice is to work hard, and stick with it!
Pros
Job Security, Advancement Opportunities, Good Wage
Cons
Management, Store Politics
friendly work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, COMay 23, 2017
great customers and face paced. hardest part the job is making sure the customer is getting the right order. Making sure the food is cooked properly and has the right temp.
Pros
great employees
Cons
Store manager is rude
I like most of my coworkers
Click List picker (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 23, 2017
I get my trolley ready get scanner and labels and start picking groceries. When done with trolley I stage totes. I also help customers in the store find items they need. I really know Kroger. Management is okay I don't like the politics and trying to get anywhere with human resources is a joke. I wasn't able to get anywhere with them and neither was Sunshine about getting work employment confirmation for Medicaid. My daughter is on Medicaid not me. Not having a set schedule. Helping customers.
Pros
Will work around my daughter's schedule
Cons
Can't get hours I like or a fixed schedule
if you enjoy baking, this is a good place to start
Deli/ Bakery clerk-cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMay 23, 2017
I always came to work with a smile on my face to make them fell welcome a kroger. I think this is a good place to work at if you have good customer service skills. I enjoyed baking bread and the smell of it when it comes out of the oven. The hard part is to stay positive and not let no one put you down.
Working with this was phenomenal
Category Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 23, 2017
This team and this retailer wanted to get better and sell more product and do it in a smarter way. They led way in Food Retailing Category Management and were a joy to work with everyday.
Pros
People
Cons
Not much
Good first Job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Latonia, KYMay 23, 2017
The Kroger Co has great opportunities to continue your career. Depending on the field you want for your life, they have a wide arrange of positions. When young, the position of bagger is open to teach you responsibility. It teaches you to take pride in what you accomplish. Cashiering teaches you to think more about the customer. When you have a good management team in the customer service desk, they can lead you to becoming a team leader. Once becoming a team leader, your skills will keep you moving up into the company to a position of greater value. Working in the stores can be stressful depending on the work environment but working well with everyone will give you the confidence to go as far as you want.
Pros
Good career opportunities
Cons
plans with family must be planned and not spur of the momment within the stores.
Great Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46202May 23, 2017
I really like that Kroger has a 7 minute grace period to clock-in and clock-out. I also like that it has a Union. I like that they follow seniority from your start date and there are always opportunities to move up.
Pros
Union, Senioity, Scheduled breaks, 7 minite grace period clock in and out
Not for everyone
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 23, 2017
Management doesn't appreciate all employees equally. Stressful working environment. It takes 4 years to get two weeks of paid vacation and very hard to become full time.
Pros
Discounts, Raises, paid weekly
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kroger Stores. Our community is ready to answer.