Kroger Stores Employee Reviews

Found 19,054 reviews matching the search
great employees, awful managers
Dairy Lead/Back up (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INJune 21, 2017
Pros
Working with a team
Seeing the faces of happy customers
Cons
Grumpy customers
Management (administrative level and not pharmacy level) does not always listen to technician requests
Advice to Management
Act on your implementations. If you can do it, for a year then it'll be reasonable. Know what it is to feel like the bottom level employee. Increase hour allotments for pharmacy. We're constantly feeling the need to hire more help but the truth is that we need more hours to work with
Kroger was a great place to work
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe MichiganJune 21, 2017
I would have loved to make a career in working with Kroger's but due to the situation at that time I had to leave my job and I would love to come back.
decent place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sparta, TNJune 21, 2017
worked there a week shy of 5 years.....management was moody and didn't care about workers wanting to be there. the fellow works were amazing minus supervisors
nice place to work
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 21, 2017
enjoy working with others and meeting new people daily. I learned to operate different machines. the most enjoyable part is enyoying what I do. the company also have great management
It was a fun, fast paced work environment
Click List/Apparel Associate (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJune 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at Kroger in the clicklist department. I was switched to the Apparel department and It was not as fast paced for my taste, which ultimately led to my resignation.
Managment sucked
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJune 21, 2017
The management at Kroger was horrible, they left me at the cash register my first day of training and expected me to know what to do after only 30 minutes, and got upset when i would ask for help.
Productive and customer service is our first priority
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJune 21, 2017
It is a very fast-paced pharmacy. You learn something new almost every day, but the pharmacists are amazing. My pharmacy manager is very understanding and is willing to help with anything. Great learning opportunity for interns and students in pharmacy school.
Great place to work and socialize in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laveen, AZJune 21, 2017
The main manager was a hard working individual who is a nice guy. You can move up to a higher position. You can earn a higher wage. A downside is the fact that you are on your feet a lot.
Great first job!
CSM Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJune 21, 2017
This was perfect when I was still in high school and didnt care about advancing or benefits or raises! Once I was out of school, it was a whole new ball field and ended terribly! I went 3 and a half years without a raise despite my climbing the ladder, i did recieve vacation and insurence offers, but that wasnt helping with the bills.
Good Job
Drug and General Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIJune 21, 2017
Typical day of work involved a lot of counting of product. Day usually went by slow due to it not being a fast paced environment. Training for job was very good.
Pros
Training
Cons
Slow work day
Excellent Workplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 21, 2017
My Manager and Bosses were the Best. I loved My Job. I felt Appreciated and That I contributed to The Store. A Great Company, and Good People to Work With.
Pros
Excellent Opportunity
Cons
Nothing Negative to Say
Great coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, ILJune 21, 2017
I liked working here until new management came to the store. I'm in school and wasn't willing to work with me with my hours with school. I had to choose the importance of work and school. However when I had functions with my children they were willing to accommodate. The benefits are good if you qualify for them. There is a certain hours you have to meet a week in order to have insurance if you do not meet those hours the insurance is not available. I enjoyed the people I worked with but not the management. For the year I worked there 4 people have left when there was a new store manager.
Pros
great people
Cons
insurance is iffy and the management
Good company
Executive Assistant/Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 21, 2017
Good company to gain business knowledge to enhance your overall career. Leadership strives to understand your concerns and will work with you to gain insight for any resolution.
Good experience
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 21, 2017
It was my first job in a fast-paced, retail environment. It was an important experience for future success in employment. There was a constant circulation of managers which made work more difficult.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
different managers
Doing a warehouse job at minimum wage
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 21, 2017
Grocery stores are warehouses. If you worked in a warehouse you would get paid $9-10 an hour or a bit above minimum wage. Either way you would still get full time hours. Just go work at a warehouse or factory. If your set at working in a grocery store, the best grocery store to work at is Aldi's. They have great pay and have very efficient systems.
Pros
its a job
Cons
its a job
Nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 21, 2017
They are grate with people good with getting the costomers happy and alway get there work done and they help everyone that need help over thats it just grate
Theirs lots of fun to have working around good people
Bakery Clerk/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2017
Working for Kroger was a wonderful experience. I learned a lot about customer service and the real meaning behind it. Most importantly I learned how to maintain a job.
Pros
Bonus checks yearly
Excels at positive feedback, but work ethic of most employees brings everyone down
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Washington, ILJune 20, 2017
Enjoyed my time there. The company highly encourages that management & employees provide positive feedback to other employees which makes working there very nice.

Only real complain has nothing to do with the company - just the type of employees that they attract.
Pros
Incentives, schedule flexibility
Cons
Pay is minimum wage
Its a decent job for high school kids or if u going to college . its not really a skilled job to do.
Meat clerk - produce clerk (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 20, 2017
I have work for kroger about 4 years. and i would like to take my chances and get started with a new job. Its a well balanced job. I have alot of experience in working in two different departments. the culture is every different race and nationality . There is no hardest thing to do at my job. Its a okay part time job. Its so many managers you deal with different people every day u need people skills to work at that job u always supposed to help a customer and be very friendly to others and your co workers. Just do your very best.
Pros
No lunches
Cons
I take short breaks
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 20, 2017
Kroger was a good place to work at . everybody was friendly and got along good ... I had good hours but the breaks was always short . it was very fast paced
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kroger Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval