Kroger Stores Employee Reviews

Found 19,035 reviews matching the search
Horrible
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 19, 2017
You do so much of the dirty work and it's never noticed or appreciated. Nothing is ever good enough for the managers. Not worth the minimum wage. I'd suggest working for another company.
Pros
10% employee discount.
Cons
Everything else.
Fred Meyer Pharmacy
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 19, 2017
This company is good to work for. I enjoy the people I work with/ for. The reason I am looking for other opportunities is because I am a recent graduate and would like to use my degree.
Pros
The people
Cons
Benefits are not ideal. Not much more room to grow into another position from where I am at/
Not a perfect job for teenage workers
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 19, 2017
It really seems like Kroger would be an ideal place to work part time as a student but it does you a major disservice. Kroger's way of reimbursing their workers hinges heavily on the substantial benefits package you gain once you reach full time employment for a long enough period of time, but if you do not work full time then you will be paid significantly less than you could at other grocery stores.

However, the work is very steady and rarely gets overwhelming, you always have something to do. The in store management was always friendly and willing to talk to you about whatever you might need or want to bring up, and fellow employees were relatively friendly and helpful.

Another complaint I could make is how advancement seems less about experience and time spent and more about saying yes, and how long it takes just to get a raise while working there, but I would overall say it's a decent place to work, just that how they structure it is kind of a trap for teenagers looking to work part time.
Pros
Benefits package, Decent and rewarding work flow
Cons
Low wages, Slow advancement
Sorter/Assembly (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNJune 19, 2017
I am good worker. I arrive early before the scheule starts and I stay till my shift isn't needed. I am a hard worker and I get along with the people/management.
Okay place but everyone wants to be in control
Category Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 19, 2017
Data entry work entire shift.... building orders analyzing data in the system and prior orders and wareshousing information....

No talking to customers, currently going through a merger with roundy's
Pros
not so much micro managing
Cons
nasty attitudes
Poor place to work
Human Resources Manager for store 115 in Mesa (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 19, 2017
It is a difficult place to work. The union does little to protect hourly associates, poor leadership and very little concern for the work life balance of thier employees
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay, schedule, leadership
Unwanted
Fuel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTJune 19, 2017
Koger was a horrible work experience. You feel like just a number. Very unwanted. Hardly any training. When you need help, you don't receive it very often.
Pros
Some co-workers are nice
Cons
Little pay, Unwanted, Bad management
Depends on who you work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Forest, VAJune 19, 2017
I worked in the front end, and so I constantly had to deal with other employees and customers. It's a great starting job though and it gives you good experience dealing with people.
Working at metro market was a good experience. I would recommend working here to people looking to work in a helpful environment where they can grow.
UTILITY/BAGGER (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 19, 2017
Working at metro market opened up a lot of room for growth. It was my first job and they were very patient and gave many opportunities for me to keep growing in my career. I learned how to have great customer service skills which allowed me to develop my character as well as my work experience. The management team were very helpful and patient when I needed help in situations. They are very friendly people and I had very little problems with coworkers. The workplace is diverse so you are able to interact with different personalities. The most fun part of the job is behind the scenes when coworkers and management get to eat together.
Pros
Good management team, good salary
Cons
Short breaks, training period is long and not really helpful
I liked it for the most part
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILJune 19, 2017
Working for Kroger's wasn't to bad the only problem that I had was my fellow employees, doing my job is not a problem for me at all but when I'm expected to pick up the slack for several coworkers on an very consistent basis it becomes extremely frustrating. I couldn't blame my supervisors though because on several occasions due to that situations they were all was willing to help me when I needed it.
Pros
fast pace, great enviorment, good management
Cons
lasy coworkers
Hours get slashed High turnover rate
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJune 19, 2017
Great pay, then the hours are slashed to where you cannot survive and must seek other employment. Too bad. I really loved working there. The people are nice but management in HR is not.
Pros
Pay. Co-workers. Store itself is nice.
Cons
Hours get cut
Fast and friendly place to work
Journeyman Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAJune 19, 2017
Advancement in the company is fast. management is fair. Fast paced environment. Customer service is #1. Must work well as a team. Some heavy lifting daily.
Needed a career change.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Na
Life at Krogers
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJune 19, 2017
A typical day at Kroger's is usually fast pace. Since working there I learned how to communicate better with costumers which made me a better peoples person. The management was very caring and also pushed you to do the right thing but also strict to make sure you get the job done. The workplace culture was somewhat young so just about everyone that worked around me were knew each other which made the job easier. The hardest part about the job was going outside to bring in carts no matter what the weather may be. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to each costumer that came through my line to make sure their time at Kroger's was a great experience.
Unsafe conditions but with helpful people
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJune 19, 2017
Anything could happen at anytime. There were too many close calls with the electric pallet jacks and the forklifts. I never truly felt safe there. I effectively learned how to stack the boxes onto pallets to get the most I could in an order. The hardest part was keeping up the pace while you felt sick in the cold parts of the warehouse. Most workers did seem pretty helpful if you needed it.
Pros
Benefits were excellent
Cons
Unsafe environment
really enjoyed working with the associates
Bakery Manager/Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Green River, WYJune 19, 2017
a typical workday was lining out the associates for the day. communications of jobs duties and assut]ring that all product was acceptable to put out for the customers to purchase. Worked with the RF handheld making signs, price audits, CAP, and backstock review. Scheduling was part of my weekly routine as well as ordering product four times a week. Once a month I worked a graveyard shift doing inventory. The associates I worked with were wonderful in the bakery and deli department. At times I would manage both departments up to 4months at a time. My days were stressful, challenging, in which, "I love a challenge." Each and every day was gradifying due to the assocites and customers.
benefits
Cons
Director was cut throat
Great work envirment
Krogers stocker (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 19, 2017
What I've learned from Kroger's is great commutation skills.. and great friendly management the people there are very nice its not a hard job at all.
Pros
team work
Cons
heath care, short breaks
Productive and fun enviroment surronded by great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 19, 2017
It was a great experience. It provided me with social skills by talking with others also gave me a sense of time management. The opportunity of working there gave me can-do attitude or character from dealing with a problems, and situations but being positive about my ability allowed me to achieve sucess.
Fun but also can be stressful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 19, 2017
Weekends get busy depending on the location of the store and how many other competitors are in the area as well. Fast pace environment when busy. Hardest part is when other associates aren't willing to do the work to be productive.
Pros
Have associate appreciation days and promotions for workers
Cons
Deductible on insurance plans
Clerk
Clerk (Former Employee) –  10th st Jeffersonville INJune 19, 2017
This was my very first job. I did not like it but continued to work for this company for over 2 years. The most enjoyable part of the job was the time did go by fast due to the high paced environment. I was responsible for stocking products and goods on shelves and to keep these shelves neat and organized. The hardest part was how exhausted I was carrying things way too heavy for me and receiving very little compensation for my efforts.
Pros
High-paced
Cons
low compensation
Flexible Schedule
Bagger Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYJune 19, 2017
Kroger is great. They treat employees well and offer enrichment activities. The employee discount is well worth the pay. I wish I could have transferred closer to home though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kroger Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval