Kroll Ontrack Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Not a bad place to work at all
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN\March 27, 2016
Culture is great. Leaders are amazing. Advancement is slow though. Bad benefits, vacation perks are not great. You need to put in your time before getting any special treatment.
Pros
free coffee, flexible schedules, Leaders
Cons
Advancement, benefits, time off
Business Development
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 26, 2016
Client-focused business development and consultative sales leader specializing in enterprise software solutions consulting and services. Excel in interfacing at the C-level in Fortune 500 organizations. Talent for orchestrating sales engagements, overseeing implementation projects, and evolving customers into repeat reference clients. Serving as the client trusted advisor, and providing unparalleled client relationship management over the long term.
Great Place to Collaborate with Your Team
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 12, 2016
Great people around the globe
Easy to work cross functionally
Good middle-management
Ability to work from home
Its a place where people know your name
Feels like a smaller company than it is
Pros
Good People
Cons
Long days sometimes
Productive and Knowledgeable
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 10, 2016
As a first level support, I provide technical expertise, installation and training , resolution of problems and ensure currency of information for end users. I support two large environments being the only end user support. On a day to day basis, I provide basic windows troubleshooting, configure PCs and laptops, problem ticket resolutions and track problems and also handle incoming calls for technical support. I've learned a wide a variety of experience in supporting technology in a complex environment and I believe I can be the ideal candidate for any company because I show initiative to work independently and as a team member. I have the patience to work with users in all facets on a organization, and I have the passion for technology.
Run
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 3, 2016
The have lost their cutting edge and not longer lead the industry. They are scrambling and have no concern for their employees thus a low morale environment.
Fast paced work environment servicing clients going through large litigation with tight turn times and demanding requirements
Manager, eDiscovery Operations (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 12, 2015
A typical work day is to monitor ongoing projects for on time schedules. Determine if escalations are needed or a heightened awareness is required to handle difficult requirements.

Gained experiences in multiple markets as this company is International and was able to travel and assist in other markets. Learned how to relate to other nationalities and built lasting relationships with co-workers in these areas.

Hardest part of job was relating to intensity of legal profession. Very demanding clients.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
demanding clients who are going through intense litigation, although it is satisfying when everyone works together to meet seemingly impossible demands.
Productive and Solid Place to Work In
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2015
It has nice facilities and a friendly, positive work environment. Its somewhat flexible around the work week (45+ hours expected around approximate business hours). You can accommodate your non-work life to some extent.
Pros
Can work from home. Always a plus!
Cons
Healthcare. Quota can be tough to achieve.
People promoted to management who cannot manage
Litigation Technology Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 12, 2013
A culture of favoritism means that the best qualified, either within or or outside the organization, will not get the job. They are struggling to understand what 'management' really is. It is not baby-sitting, hand-holding or whip-cracking. Most managers and team leads need to take management courses to get up-to-speed. They hire very smart people but still have the same old-school personnel as managers and that is their ultimate downfall.
Pros
they draw you in with a great salary.
Cons
poor team leads and managers without any management or leadership skills.
New managment
Electronic Evidence Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 24, 2013
While I worked there we were well compensated and given a strong push to work hard in return for it. I personally found the data mining efforts boring, but the people made it enjoyable. I'd go back to the job if it weren't for the new management that has since moved in to muck it up.
Pros
great people, benefits and compensation
Cons
poorly managed
Great benefits and pay.
QA / Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 13, 2015
Time is flexible here. I learn a lot about writing and executing test cases. We have weekly meetings. There are a number of test cases I need to go through daily. My co-workers are fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is working on the day that our product goes live. I enjoyed our team outings.
Pros
Free lunches, team outings, convenient restaurants to eat near.
Cons
Bonuses have to be met with a certain profitability yearly.
Systems Administrator with a variety of duties
Systems Administrator - Legal Technologies (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 10, 2014
This position encompasses a large variety of tasks. Tasks include Active Directory work, building and maintaining servers, releasing new versions of software, and resolving client or system issues. This position is split between pushing projects forward and working to resolve incidents.

I have learned about working with enterprise class software and hardware since we support a large server infrastructure.

My co-workers are very knowledgeable. I think between the group we have seen a lot of issues and have a lot of experience.

Management tends to rely on too heavily on the past to guide ideas for the future. Change is very difficult.

The hardest part of the job is rapid changes in priority. Not enough importance is given to renewing existing systems.

The best part of the job is the variety of systems to work with and the expertise of the individuals who work at KO.
Pros
large it budget and many systems to gain experience
Cons
rapidly changing priorities.
Once a great company
Account Manager New Business (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 6, 2015
Top executives don't understand all of the moving parts. While there is no "micro managing," there also isn't much leadership. The threat of being downsized looms over everyone's heads.
Pros
potential to work from home, laptop, updated office area, iphones for everyone
Cons
unorganized, poorly managed, too much competition in the market for a product so few businesses need
Interesting, flexible document review project, very busy managers however
Document Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 30, 2014
While this was a good project working with a very important merger document review project, it seemed like they had assigned too few people to field questions and help the reviewers. We still managed to do an excellent job, and finish the project before the end of the month. Flexible hours allowed for good work life balance. Good pay for an unlicensed attorney.
Client Services Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Good work life balance, good variety of projects to work on. Experienced employees, good team to work with. Little room for growth.
Pros
work - life balance
Cons
limited growth potential
Good people and decent work environment
Overhead (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 29, 2013
It's becoming a smaller company day by day, and that's not a good thing.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
benefits are poor, performance is poor, management is weak
I really enjoy doing the work that i do at Kroll Ontrack
Electronic Discovery Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 13, 2013
Typical work days are medium to fast past but fun work. The hardest part of the job is cross training but didn't really have the chance to apply what you learn from training and be able to growth. The most enjoyable part is it's a fun job. What I learn about management is that their view and my view are very different.
Pros
bonus
Cons
no growth
Run away as fast as you can!
Senior Credit & Collections Administrator (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 3, 2014
Where do I begin, I was hired and within the first two weeks the person that hires me quits. Then the VP controller, CFO and other higher ups quit. Minimal training, minimal communication with the supervisor of credit and collections and management. Can not build relationships with three different business units in the company as they absorb, deflect and redirect. Hours and holidays are great but this company has no idea of who they are and where they want to go and many are jumping ship. They wanted a negotiator and collections person, then they decided they wanted a customer service rep who sucks up to attorney's offices. Co workers in department do not speak to you and come and go with little or no communication. The morale in the collections group is about as high as a pool of water in the African desert. The hardest part of this job was how fast I could get to the door when I left at night. You can't challenge the sales staff, billing depts. or business development. The supervisor in the collections dept comes in and sits at her desk and does not communicate all day. Does not train, and does not lead. Customer service problems: No attention persons names on invoices, wrong pricing, irate customers when you call or e-mail. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving it. I did get a great knowledge on my own of Get Paid, D&B, Cognos, Salesforce, and Saleslogix. Not once did anyone come to me and say nice job on this project, or hey great job here or there. Business units would blame collections for upsetting clients when they were the ones making mistakes and not taking  more... ownership. Never in my 20 years + of collections have I been treated so badly and worked for such a bad company. Run as fast as you can, you do NOT want to work here!  less
Pros
good hours, genorous time off for holidays
Cons
healthcare bad, management bad, no idenitity as a company.
Market Leader
IT Manager, Systems Administration (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 24, 2013
Kroll Ontrack is a market leader in the eDiscovery and Data Recovery field.
Pros
market leader, smart employees
Great place to work prior to Private Equity
Senior Management (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 30, 2013
Awesome colleagues, fast paced, challenging customers = great opportunity!
Case Manager
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 9, 2016
Typical days/weeks involved being on-call 24/7 to support lawyers and their needs. This meant not having weekends or evenings to yourself.