Kroll Ontrack Inc.

Kroll Ontrack Inc. Employer Reviews

Systems Administrator with a variety of duties
Systems Administrator - Legal Technologies (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNOctober 10, 2014
Pros: large it budget and many systems to gain experience
Cons: rapidly changing priorities.
This position encompasses a large variety of tasks. Tasks include Active Directory work, building and maintaining servers, releasing new versions of software, and resolving client or system issues. This position is split between pushing projects forward and working to resolve incidents.

I have learned about working with enterprise class software and – more... hardware since we support a large server infrastructure.

My co-workers are very knowledgeable. I think between the group we have seen a lot of issues and have a lot of experience.

Management tends to rely on too heavily on the past to guide ideas for the future. Change is very difficult.

The hardest part of the job is rapid changes in priority. Not enough importance is given to renewing existing systems.

The best part of the job is the variety of systems to work with and the expertise of the individuals who work at KO. – less
Run away as fast as you can!
Senior Credit & Collections Administrator (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: good hours, genorous time off for holidays
Cons: healthcare bad, management bad, no idenitity as a company.
Where do I begin, I was hired and within the first two weeks the person that hires me quits. Then the VP controller, CFO and other higher ups quit. Minimal training, minimal communication with the supervisor of credit and collections and management. Can not build relationships with three different business units in the company as they absorb, deflect – more... and redirect. Hours and holidays are great but this company has no idea of who they are and where they want to go and many are jumping ship. They wanted a negotiator and collections person, then they decided they wanted a customer service rep who sucks up to attorney's offices. Co workers in department do not speak to you and come and go with little or no communication. The morale in the collections group is about as high as a pool of water in the African desert. The hardest part of this job was how fast I could get to the door when I left at night. You can't challenge the sales staff, billing depts. or business development. The supervisor in the collections dept comes in and sits at her desk and does not communicate all day. Does not train, and does not lead. Customer service problems: No attention persons names on invoices, wrong pricing, irate customers when you call or e-mail. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving it. I did get a great knowledge on my own of Get Paid, D&B, Cognos, Salesforce, and Saleslogix. Not once did anyone come to me and say nice job on this project, or hey great job here or there. Business units would blame collections for upsetting clients when they were the ones making mistakes and not taking ownership. Never in my 20 years + of collections have I been treated so badly and worked for such a bad company. Run as fast as you can, you do NOT want to work here! – less
New managment
Electronic Evidence Technician (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNDecember 24, 2013
Pros: great people, benefits and compensation
Cons: poorly managed
While I worked there we were well compensated and given a strong push to work hard in return for it. I personally found the data mining efforts boring, but the people made it enjoyable. I'd go back to the job if it weren't for the new management that has since moved in to muck it up.
I really enjoy doing the work that i do at Kroll Ontrack
Electronic Discovery Engineer (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNDecember 13, 2013
Pros: bonus
Cons: no growth
Typical work days are medium to fast past but fun work. The hardest part of the job is cross training but didn't really have the chance to apply what you learn from training and be able to growth. The most enjoyable part is it's a fun job. What I learn about management is that their view and my view are very different.
People promoted to management who cannot manage
Litigation Technology Case Manager (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNNovember 12, 2013
Pros: they draw you in with a great salary.
Cons: poor team leads and managers without any management or leadership skills.
A culture of favoritism means that the best qualified, either within or or outside the organization, will not get the job. They are struggling to understand what 'management' really is. It is not baby-sitting, hand-holding or whip-cracking. Most managers and team leads need to take management courses to get up-to-speed. They hire very smart people but – more... still have the same old-school personnel as managers and that is their ultimate downfall. – less
Good people and decent work environment
Overhead (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: benefits are poor, performance is poor, management is weak
It's becoming a smaller company day by day, and that's not a good thing.
Market Leader
IT Manager, Systems Administration (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: market leader, smart employees
Kroll Ontrack is a market leader in the eDiscovery and Data Recovery field.
Great place to work prior to Private Equity
Senior Management (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJuly 30, 2013
Awesome colleagues, fast paced, challenging customers = great opportunity!

About Kroll Ontrack Inc.

Kroll Ontrack provides technology-driven services and software to help legal, corporate and government entities as well as consumers – Read more

Kroll Ontrack Inc. Photos