KRYSTAL Employee Reviews

Krystal
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  3650 Riverside Dr, Macon, GAAugust 12, 2014
The jobs was fun when i first started when the first store manger was there you could come in laugh play as long as you got your work done and the customers were happy she was happy but now shes gone and we have a new manger and he came from waffle house it was fun when he was there at first.But it has recently gone down hill. They show so much favoritism on first shift. We on second shift is who most of the work fall on and if we forget to do something we get a write up but if it's the other way around nothing is done about it. we recently got a new manger he has no idea what he is doing everything is going down hill in there. Everyone is quitting so its only matter of time before the store is full of new people who don't know what they are doing. Plus the new manger dose nothing but sit on his butt an he makes it harder for us crew members and the mangers because he is no help and dose nothing that the store manger is supposed to do. Also you have no life working there with the little hours you do get say you work from 11pm-8am then the next day you get up and work 3pm-2am. They don't want you to have a second job while working there or you will have almost no hours. Plus they make you do stuff your not suppose to do in a fast food restaurant i am a cook why are you asking me to paint a wall and your not talking about putting more money in my pay check they are buying leaf blowers taking to make us blows leafs they are crazy. this is my first time working for Krystal and my last time this has to be one of the worst jobs in the world they want you to do so much for so little.  more... They put a lock on the air because the ceiling leaks when the air is on 70 so now we have to work in a hot store instead of them fixing the leak they just put a lock on the air so it wound leak as much. It's crazy there because u couldn't;t walk in the back of the store without getting wet it was like it was raining in the store. So to stop that they put the lock on and set the air how they wanted it so it wont leak now we have to work in a hot store so they don't have to fix the air. they are the worst company ever. No one should ever have to work like this.  less
Pros
nothing
Cons
horrible work conditions
Long days
Store General Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 25, 2013
 Monitored key operational areas such as cash flow, inventory levels, security and loss prevention standards, markdowns, markups; ensuring they are within company guidelines.
 Suggested operational improvements and resolved any problems that required high level decision-making.
 Distributed payroll of approximately 80,000 a month for a fast food chain.
 Conducted inventory ordering and coordinated stocking of shelves with newly received product.
 Created and adjusted employee schedules for 30 staff in compliance with labor laws.
 Established and Implemented Quality Control (QC) for 25 staff providing customer orders and service.
 Established goals and identified trends and adjusted budgets and store plans accordingly.
 Accomplished a positive sales trend and customer count.
 Implimented advertising POP and promotional designe models.
 Earned 142% of bonus by surpassing all goals set buy the corporate office in Speed of Service, Budget, Labor and Sales.
Worked 85 hours a week for 6 months with no end in sight.
Pros
great guest
Cons
long hours, with little relief.
wow and wow
Master Cashier, Head of Training (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, TNSeptember 3, 2013
Ok-worked for this company 4 years. I loved this job- the CEO would come into our restaurant at random After my service to him dining in several unannounced mornings(about a year and a half into my employment) he approached the district manager and my store manager and had me promoted within a week-almost a $2.00 hr raise-He told them that I was the best example of what good customer service should be. I was to train all area cashiers for about 10 different stores. I was flattered. wow right? About 18 months later he approached me again about a minor position at corporate as a fill- in. This time making an extra $2 an hour!!!! Loved it but the district supervisor decided to start being conniving against my store manager. My store manager was my hero- she was the glue to hold that place together- well even @ $10 an hr, I couldn't condone the unjust behavior towards my mentor and I quit.
Fast Food, First Job, Hated It.
Cashier Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work there was very exhausting. The entire staff I worked with barely got breaks and would have to exchange harsh words in order to get it. I thought about calling the labor board a couple times, but didn't. The managers took advantage of it being my first job and lied to me about almost everything. If I was off for the day and someone called out, they would blow up my phone and tell me I had to come in even though I was scheduled off. And if i refused or asked a question concerning work, they threatened to write me up. It was pretty brutal, especially without getting breaks but I managed. I also didn't stay for too long either. The good thing about it though was that after I left, most of the staff that was there before me did, too. If you love making money though, this is the job for you; I made a lot of money working there which is what made me stay a little longer.
fun place to work good music but fast paced
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 29, 2015
I walked to work and got there early. Everyday I hoped I could cook and not deal with the hectic drive thru. They rotated shifts there. I would sing to the music on the PA as I worked frying and preparing food. I learned about myself mostly . That I was a dedicated ,fair, and hard worker. I did stuff others would not do.Management was competent but hard to work for,very professional. My co workers were great they were mostly single women. sometimes they would take breaks while I would continue to do all the work by myself. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the grill. It took a lot of elbow grease.And the most fun was during down times when I could sing and dance a little. Also the 3am bar rush was very fun.
Pros
nice uniform, lots of hours, flexible hours
Cons
co workers, complaints from customers
It helped out a lot to have a 2nd job.
Cook/Cashier/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  5020 Cherokee St. Acworth Ga 30101June 27, 2015
- I would clock in and start preparing everything for breakfast. Putting everything where it needs to go. Making sure everything was the right temperature and it was still fresh. I would bounce from the cashier to the prep table and when it was not really busy I would go to the back to do dishes. After being at Krystal for two weeks my manager asked me to start training to be a assistant manager. For a few hours out of the day I was being trained and on a computer taking test.

- I learned the correct temperatures for food. How to do things a certain way.

- Management was not that great. My manager was not professional at all.

- My co-workers were very nice but most of them always had a problem with helping the new people.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was training for assistant manager.
Pros
Free Food.
Cons
Bad Managment, No benefits
Working at Krystal
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2013
A typical day at work was providing customer serrvice which included taking orders and talking to people, and working the cash register. I learned how to run a cash register because working at Krystal was the first job I ever had as a teenager. I learned how to work a cash register, and provide good customer service. Managment was okay i worked with some pretty good managers but the head managment were not on the same page. My co-workers was cool we were like a family we had our fights and we fussed but we were still friends at the end. The hardest part of the job was always being on drive-thru and having the beeping in your ears all the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was working the first window because all you do is take the orders and run the cash register you don't have to hand out the food.
Pros
the atmosphere
Cons
the pay
Being a cook was enjoyable overall
Cook (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJuly 24, 2015
One thing that I can say about it is that everyday as cook comes with something new. The work environment is friendly and work-oriented; they are always determined to meet and exceed their goals and do a great job everyday. The management is stern yet helpful and informative, and from that, I was able to be pushed to do my best everyday. After my time working here, I've learned to work in a fast-paced environment, be more social, and how to cook a lot of good food that I didn't know how to cook before.
Pros
Discounts on lunches, positive people
Cons
the work place could get messy very quickly if not cleaned constantly
Volatile Management, Alright Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNMay 29, 2014
I was fine with my job. There was coffee to make, tea to brew, customers to take care of. Most of it was cleaning, and that was pretty fine. You get a lot of time to yourself, and it's pretty refreshing. But management is a joke. The manager meetings consist of the managers sitting together and talking smack about employees. Some of them are OK, but the ones that are higher up and that have been there for a while are terrible, vicious, and bitter. I've never been spoken to the way I was there by anyone else in my life. It can literally make you sick.
Pros
employee discounts, good coworkers
Cons
horrific management, no leadership, no advancement
Productive workplace which consists of food service
Production Crew (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 4, 2013
A typical day at work for me is a busy one. After the manager tells me what position I'm working, I get right to work. I also help other co workers when i'm not busy in my own position. Management is good here but could use some improvement. We rarely have any all-store meetings to discuss any changes or any issues amongst the store. I like the co workers I have. We as a group make fun of the day, even when its busy. The hardest part of the job...there isn't one to me. I know how to work every position. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fun times that my co workers and I have.
Easy job, fast paced, fun, strict management.
Master Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2012
Krystal is actually a nice job once you get the Master Cashier certification. You're paid 9.50 to be a cashier at a place that rarely every gets busy. I actually enjoy the job and the majority of my co workers. Only negative things I would have to say about the company is it's lack of care for its employees comfort. The air breaks all the time and it takes the company weeks to get it fixed. Also, the management goals are very unrealistic and not logical at all. Management tends to be very strict as well.

Overall, its a fairly easy job and its quick to learn.
Pros
easy
Cons
you have to pay for food at a job you work at, always hot
family atmoshere and fair work enviroment
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNAugust 29, 2013
make sure my training plans are set for the day. count a register and make sure product is fresh and stocked. check who hasn't been a drive thru food filler that week or who could be trained to help me run the drive thru. work with management with customer service. I hate it when the crew slips up once in a while and a customer ends up dissatisfied. enjoyable moment when a customer has had a complete Krystal experience, leaving with a huge smile on their face
Pros
couldnt ask for a more understanding caring management team
Cons
health care
Fast, fun place with lots of food around with different people
Master cashier (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 1, 2012
A typical day at work would be busy with fast workers and food getting out and everybody is happy. I have learned that hard work pays off. Management is great! We have a great team. My co-workers are great. They have their days but thats everybody. The hardest part of the job is when I'm having to keep a smile on my face when I have rude customers. The most enjoyable part of the day is when I have a happy customer and they leave with a smile on their face because their experience at the Krystal was a great one because of me.
Pros
half price on food, meeting new people, its a job
Cons
short breaks, rude people, the pay
Home Town Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rincon, GAJune 9, 2013
They have a friendly breakfast crew because most morning customers are regular senior citizens that come in every morning and everyone knows. The hardest part of the job is when you have more than three orders that you have to take, but you have to stop to prepare the orders on the trays and take them out. The customers get very upset at that. It was enjoyable working with my co-workers. Sometimes I miss them. It became difficult when hours were cut so drastically that you didn't know how you could pay your bills.
Pros
enjoyable customers and co-workers
Cons
hours are up and down
Good Company to Work For
Master Cashier/Cook/Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 25, 2015
Job can be busy and has a lot of repetition. How to work fast and how to make their food of course. Pretty good management and good co-workers that pretty much join together to accomplish the company goals. The hardest part of the job is staying ready for those spikes in customers while it is slow for a moment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the repetition for it is so easy once you learn everything. I still know how to lay a grill.
Pros
They give Full Time, Repetition
Cons
Not the best pay and little room for advancement in position and pay
Fast-paced, fun, but in need of stability and communication between employers/employees.
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJune 3, 2015
I clock in and get right down to business.I work hard and fast to ensure quality products in a timely fashion. Sometimes it get frustrating because the cooks and managers slack off, but I continue on with my day. the hardest part of it is when your expected to keep a certain speed of service time and you can't do that because your team is busy with gossip. The most enjoyable part of the day is working with the people who are about getting the tasks of the day completed.
Pros
The ability to work
Cons
Unprofessionalism
Typical day at work
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 12, 2015
A typical day at work is a lot of fun. There's a never a dull moment with the co-workers and even the customers. I've always maintained a fun working environment. Since I've been employed with Krystal's I've learned so much. Inventory management, How to conduct a interview, Make a schedule, and also run a productive and effective store! My co-workers was always full of life and a joy to work with. The hardest part of the job for me was finding replacements for work. By one person calling in can mess up your entire shift.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
pay, no insurance
Krystal's is a great place to work.
Master Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atllanta, GAJune 16, 2013
I t is an interesting job. You meet all different types of people on a daily basis. I have learned about the quality of food and what people really want our of a good meal. The management staff is very professional and accurate with their duties. The co-workers are cooperative and hwlp each other all the time. Thre is not hardest part to my job I and a friendly and vibrant person who love interacting with people.
Pros
getting a discount on meals
Cons
being so busy sometimes not getting a break
I am a self motivated professional person who wants too upgrade. and see what life has too offer.
Cook, Cashier, Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Hwy78,Stone MountainJuly 19, 2012
provided excellent customer service and processed financial transactions efficiently
Demonstrated skills in increasing sales, planning promotions and performing inventory control
Assisted customers with purchasing choices
Trained new employees and ensured standards were being met
Maintained excellent rapport with customers and coworkers
Pros
great deals but employee discount is not enough off
Cons
there's not really any breaks stay busy work hard
enjoyed the people i worked around and serving customers the best food.
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 1, 2013
a typical day at krystals would consist of stocking and prepping for the shift ahead, taking customer orders, or preparing food.
i learned how the krystal co operates.
management was AWESOME. very encouraging and positive people.
absolutely loved my co workers. easy going and fun people.
the hardest part of my job was working 3rd shift with no weekends off,
the most enjoyable part was making customers happy as well as preparing good fast food.
Pros
half off lunch
Cons
short breaks no benefits