Krystal Employee Reviews in United States

Typical Minimum Wage Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSApril 26, 2016
It is an average minimum wage fast food restaurant job. It is not the best working environment, but if you are in need of money this is the place.
first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSApril 26, 2016
This was my first job. A typical day at work was greeting and serving customers. I learn pretty much how the fast food business work.
Pros
easy money
Cons
na
A great place to be employe
Grill Person (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAApril 18, 2016
A typical day is making sure all customers are please with their product. The work place is fun and great to work at. Their product or good as for as great taste. I work with this company for many of years and what my management team needed me to do I did it. Working with this company taught me how to use customers service, be at work on time, work at a fast and smart. I had grow to love the employees that I work with as family. I rate this company a five.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
30 mins breaks
workplace
cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2016
everyone must work as a team as well as the management staff this location is very un professional management threats your position the enviroment is really an bad vibe the store value has went down due to bad customer service.i Have learned that no matter were or wat customer are always right and always treat people with respect. Each coworker should treat each other with respect. the hardest part is getting everybody to get on one accord.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
stressful enviroment
must be willing to work to achieve success
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 13, 2016
There is no typical day at work. Everyday is different. There is always something new to work on. I am always wanting to improve on something. I have learned to really understand p and l;s through working with my district manager so that I have a hands on approach. The hardest part of my job is trying to balance out work with home. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to put a smile on someones face and also when I am able to see what I put on the bottom line for p and l's. I also like it when I see crew members get promoted.
Pros
bonuses and vacation time, sick time, paid life insurance
Cons
I spend too much personal time dealing with krystals due to conference calls.
not good
Shift Manger (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 11, 2016
This job was very timely i spend most of my time at work being a manger the GM was not a good she never answer her phone
just was not good for me I was always move around because of the high turn rate
Pros
work a lot hours
Cons
poor mangement
Not a bad place to work
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 8, 2016
I can't speak for Krystal's corporation as a whole by any means but the location i was at had a great hard working team with good over all customer service skills. Also I have to say the management team were a group of skilled, dedicated, and extremely hardworking individuals.
Fairly satisfying job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAApril 7, 2016
I started as a shift manager and did the typical duties as a shift manager for roughly a year. I started getting asked to perform more duties when the General manager was fired to help take some of the workload off of the assistant manager. I was happy to be helpful and welcomed the additional challenges as it seemed I was quite suited for the additional task. i had knack for the paperwork and office duties and could make an excellent schedual and was good at doing the inventory. After the Assistant Manager quit and a new General Manager was hired I was promoted to Assistant Manager. The General Manager and I worked well as a team. I enjoyed my job greatly
Pros
Great People, Nice Management
Cons
short breaks
Upper Management is Apsolutely Terrible
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 1, 2016
Terrible place to work.while compensation is higher than others they will make you earn every penny. The hours are so long you end up making less than a fry cook. Management from the top down set unrealistic targets so you can't get your bonuses. If you do by some miracle they take forever to pay out.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Work you to death. Then when you fall out, wheel in the next sucker
great place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 31, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company and would return. when they change management they did not keep some good employee's
it was a good franchise i worked with
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 25, 2016
but there was very little home times and to often late nites. not enough family time its a 24-7 restaurant and you never realy have time for anything else
Pros
good benifits and bonuses
Cons
no time for anything else
fun and productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2016
it was an awesome place to work and I love the type of customers it brings in. Everybody worked as team and get the job done. so it was easy to work every shift.
Nice work enviroment place to work
GM (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 22, 2016
Is a great company new challenges every day to develop your self as a manager and have the chance to serve costumers that's what I like.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Lots of hours working.
productive,but fun work enviorment
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GAMarch 22, 2016
My job at Krystal was my first job it helped me be more responsible the people there were very kind. I enjoyed how everyday I was happy to be at work. The hardest part was probably having to deal with the mean customers that I did, the typical day at work was running the register taking orders stocking, and sometimes making food. I enjoyed all my managers and co-workers.
Pros
Nice enviorment
Cons
rude customers
All job no free time
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 21, 2016
They expect way to much and require all of your time, no possible life/work balance. Raises only happen with promotions. It's a job get paid for hours worked. No feel of accomplishment.
Pros
Free meals for managment
Cons
Full time for managment only, always shorthanded due to labor restrictions
Very poor work ethic
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 17, 2016
Perfect Sales ..poor customer service. I learned how too be a great cashier. I've learned how to keep a safe and clean work environment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor work
Not a rewarding company to work for, this particular business was closed.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALMarch 16, 2016
This particular business was closed in 2013 due to lack of sales and drug distribution. I wouldn't concider working for this company again.
Productive and fast pace workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 12, 2016
A typical workday for me would be coming in and getting harassed by a bunch of male customers. The customers are horrible, bums everywhere, and co workers that steal and backstab.
This was actually my first job
Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lovejoy, GAMarch 8, 2016
I worked production.
I learned the fast food culture.
The management was not always fair.
The co-workers there were always helpful and caring.
The hardest part of the job was when it was rush hour.
The most enjoyable part of this job was getting a discount on the meals.
Pros
Half off for meals
Cons
The breaks were too short
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GA 30093March 1, 2016
Not the best job. You have to do a lot of work for little pay and the manager was very rude. Didn't really care too much for his employees.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad management