Krystal Employee Reviews

I went through general managers worked there a year an a half
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eastridge TennesseeJanuary 8, 2017
Most were days were pretty hard because there was never any employees and when they were employees they didn't show up.we went through three general managers the entire time I worked there.I got a raise once within the first six months of me working there I never worked under hours 35 hours and every time I was at work I was in drive through what makes my day kind of tough . But I stuck with it because I had to have a job .most of the coworkers were easy to get along with but they never stay longer than a couple of months. I left because the last general manager started cutting my hours for no reason
Pros
Half off
Cons
I sometimes worked 10 hour shifts without a break at all and I think they offered insurance
Productive and upbeat place of employment
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAFebruary 1, 2017
Fast paced and upbeat environment that can be motivating and as a manager, it is our responsisbility to be a major force in that motivation. As an assistant manager for Krystal I learned to take control of what was in my control. My shift being the main thing and also being side by side with the General Manager I was able to have a voice in the particular things that went on in our store. The hardest part of the job only boils down to the factors that took time to be improved upon. If working at a location where staffing was an issue, it made it more difficult to meet some of the staffing goals that were set while being short on not only crew members but management as well. The most enjoyable part about being a manager for Krystal is building those relationships with co workers and being a positive role model for many crew members.
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
Unstable and inconsistant work schedule, sometimes not much time between scheduled shifts
nice work place fast environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 24, 2016
I left a career in retail to work into nursing. I was hired as a CNA right away! I have a Nursing completion certificate and some supervisor training.I loved my salary. The first company I worked for the hours were not that bad ,the next two companies however worked me to death,and the last two stores required a minimum of 44 hours during non peak season then a minimum of 6 day weeks with 50 plus hours at Christmas and inventory time. I made a decent salary but earned every penny. I took an assistant job and so far i'm loving it I still earn almost the same but not a lot of excessive paperwork.I do my displays make sure the money is right and help build our brand and team. I never work more then 40 hours and when I do its at $35 plus dollars. The team is a big support system as a group we make sure everyone is on board,understands, and comfortable most of the time i lookout for others before myself i really enjoy helping and caring for others.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Bad for morale
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 13, 2016
This was a franchised restaurant. It was very poorly managed and operated. Payroll checks were NSF almost every payday. Most banks would not accept paychecks, even their own bank. Food would constantly run out. As an assistant manager at night I was constantly having to tell customers we were out of food. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers. Salaries for management were the worst I had ever received. Assistants started out at around $360/weekly and were required to work a minimum of 50/hr. weekly
Pros
free meals
Cons
Once a week restaurant manager would have a Salary manager day, in which all salary managers worked morning and evening shift, and no hourly employees. This was in addition to our 50 hour work schedule.
ok job
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAFebruary 23, 2017
most days are the same do the same thing day in and day out hours stay pretty much the same money not to good raises are far between advancement dont seem possibly
Pros
early day off by lunch
Cons
no advancment
Very messy and management is terrible
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 23, 2017
This company is very unorganized and they do not follow the company guidelines..so now I'm looking for a better job with better benefits and better work environment.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No breaks and you have to do extra more than your job
Ok job
Krystal Company - Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 22, 2016
I worked at Krystal as a teenager and i must say it was good for that time but now that i've gotten older, I would like something a bit more stable. It was a decent work environment though. The hard part of the job was getting orders out fast we were packed. Great Co - workers. Management was decent also.
Pros
Free lunches
benefits
Fast and busy work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 11, 2017
I am needing a job with more hours and benefits. I love everyone that I work with. It's only busy during football games. I need something that allows time to fly.
Pros
Half off on lunch, and great pay
Cons
No insurance, not enough hours.
Fun co-workers but the building was shabby.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 25, 2016
Typical day at work was making food for the customers and closing the restaurant. Through this job I learned the basics of working in fast food and closing a building. The management was hit and miss but I liked my co-workers. The most enjoyable part was the late nights, when I was staffed with the right people.
Pros
Fun, easy job
Cons
Low pay( Even after 5 years, never got a raise, ONCE) lied to about raises and promotions, got hours cut for no reason, the store was old and falling apart
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 16, 2017
I enjoyed working with the customers and had a fun experience with my coworkers. I learned a lot of new things since we don't have this company in Arizona.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
No benefits
Mostly productive. I suppose
Cook (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 29, 2016
Krystals is overall an okay place to work. Its just the pay isnt enough. On a typical day its usually slow but , the managers are fairly nice
Pros
Discount on food, friendly atmosphere
Cons
No raise, mcdonald emplayees make as much as krystal assistant managers
Easy
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 19, 2016
Easy work that's was fun, always made the best. Employees were easy to work with. Advanced within good hours and got raises. They were strict in uniforms though
Very dull and un organized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2016
Management does have training skills. There was no kind of opportunity given for success. I didn't feel like I belonged. The area was not safe. No benefits were given at all.
Productive, fun atmosphere
Crew Member / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLJuly 26, 2016
The management is great with great employees. The customers are always excited and vibrant. The managers are always friendly with excellent customer skills. My co-workers were always friendly and informational.
Pros
Discounted lunches, great customer services, vibrant management
Cons
No benefits
productive and fast paced environment
Master Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMay 7, 2016
A typical day at Krystals consists of an evening rush and several down times. I learned here that a job is not a play place and sometimes your manager can seem like your parents. My co-workers were very fun to be around, they always had funny jokes and stories to tell. However, some did not know how to do their job. The hardest part of my job was that it seemed that there was always someone to blame for someone elses mistake. The most enjoyable part was that at closing time we always had a blast. We would joke around and just have a good laugh before we all left.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
no good benefits
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJuly 16, 2016
I learned to be responsible from working and to deal with people who are nice and some who are angry. I have learned that the customer is always right eve when they are wrong. You should always believe in the customer and never doubt them. I also learned how to take productive criticism.
Pros
half price lunch
Cons
no great benefits
Chaotic
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2016
Doesn't care for the employees that work in the stores! No raises even if evaluation completed, and if so .10 to .25 cents
Pros
managers eat free
Cons
no breaks for managers
Excellent work environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Ellijay, GAJuly 31, 2016
I had a wonderful time working at this store. It was much better than others. Would definately work there again, given the opportunity to move back to which town it is in.
Pros
Clean store with friendly staff.
Cons
No health care benefits.
enjoy working with people
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 28, 2016
Building a relationship wit people who became long time friends.
you learn that all people are different.co-workers fun managers are fair. The hardest part of that gob was keeping a good staff, enjoyable part was vacation .
Pros
people and benifits
Cons
demands a lot of your time
Have a great time helping the crew, but no appreciation from higher management.
Great manager/crew relations (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 7, 2016
I love working with the crew themselves, but some of the management not so good. I pride myself to do what is expected to be done, but there is no gratification to what I do. The management staff are supposed to be upstanding, not talking behind ones back about things they are trying to do to better themselves.
Pros
Free emeals, and insurance
Cons
Long hours with no break, have to eat on run.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Krystal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8