KS Industries Employee Reviews in United States

No Advancement
Lean Coordinator/Fleet Control/ Overhead Managing (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 2, 2016
Pay not the best, but the work was there. Not very good opportunity for advancement. Focus for company varied, culture not sustained very well.
Pros
Good Benifits offered
Cons
Low pay
Challenging and rewarding.
Safety Professional (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 27, 2016
As a field safety pro, I was tasked with everything from daily site visits to writing Pre Work Plans. I found the work to be fast-paced and enjoyable. There was a commitment to working safe and the workforce embraced the safety culture that the company and customer worked to achieve and maintain.
Company that gets the job done.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 22, 2015
KSI strives to be the best contractor an every job site. They have a good track record for completing jobs with great productivity and safety. I enjoyed the learning so much at KSI. Supervisors make sure to keep work in front of you through out the day
Corporate Safety Advisor
Corporate Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 12, 2014
I travelled to all work locations, conducted a thorough audit of our key processes. Upon completion a summary of findings were generated with recommendations. I was also assigned to several special projects varying from simple safety coverage to analyzing specific job tasks not normal for our business unit and creating a plan to complete it safely. The best part of the job was working with employees in the field.
Pros
working with employees in the field
Cons
management politics
Working Forman/ Person Leading Work
Working Forman (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 18, 2015
Working for ksi was a great learning experience and the company was great to work for. The workers are great to learn from.
Wonderful Employees , fun family oriented company
Oilfield Time Approver/Auditor For AERA/Chevron (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Typical day at work, very high energy job, never the same day repeated,fun, stressful, exciting. Never a dull moment :). Enjoyed working with everyone . They were like family. Job duties could be challenging daily but never seemed to bother me. I enjoyed it "kept me on my toes". I enjoyed the help from others when needed !
Pros
excellent benefits, family oriented
long term work, safety is very important
Lead Line PLW (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 30, 2013
fill out jsa, monitor area, set up welder, dicuss on how the crew is going to run new flow lines, how to use benders, fittings, cutt backs
How to read measurements, math, pipe benders, communication and safety, lo/to, steam back a well , how to install accuators, bolt up, cement anchors, work with backhoes, and cranes
well rounded group of co workers,
time management
Pros
long term work
Cons
no advancement
Excellent place to work
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 14, 2015
This company is one of the top oilfield construction companies in Bakersfield, CA. Their job training program is excellent, they stay updated on new technologies to help their operations, and they recognize hard work.
Had really good job security
Lead Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 15, 2015
Loved working for KS Industries. I learned a lot about the construction industry. The owners of the company really take care of their employees, Everyone their is willing to teach all their knowledge about the industry at any given moment.
Pros
Very competetive wage
Fabrication shop
Welders helper/PIC Crew leader (Former Employee) –  Belrigde Bakersfield c.aFebruary 20, 2013
A typical day consist of showing up to morning meeting get to my job site fill out all paperwork.Find line to tie into set water skid watch hot work and have control of site. I leaned how to do things the right way and the safe way. The management and I always got along i was their to do a job they were their to show me how to do the it. I get along with most people so that wasn't a problem. The hardest part of the job is when their is more then two crews onsite and every body in each others way. When a job is completed the right way and on time.
Pros
good company to work for
Productive and ok company to work for
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 12, 2013
Sometimes it can be slow not much work going on and the next realy buise learned how to shut down pumping unit what kind of parts to use on differnt locations how to steam wells back how to flush lines what kind of permits to use in differnt situwations all around a good place to learn lots of things management is ok some are better than others like my co workers the hardest part of my job is the paper work you need before I can even get my day started staying buisy
Interesting job, long hours.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Boulder, WYJuly 7, 2013
A good choice to start your career in oil field production. Company provides a lot of hours. You work in many locations. Learn many aspects of this business. Being a technician provides some freedom in choosing your lunch breaks and your work routine.
Pros
good people, diversed job, decent pay
Cons
seasonal
Great work place with good people.
Crew Pusher/Diatomite Choke Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 6, 2013
Great crews and men to work with. Truely enjoyable experience working with Chevron. KSI has fantastic foremans. But upper-management staff could use ALOT of improvement. Over all, it was a wonderful work experience.
At the time pay rate was adequate.
QA/QC Manager (Former Employee) –  Pinedale,wyomingApril 18, 2013
client driven,complete autonomy in my dept.NO travel compensation.
Pros
transportation, compensation, very good
Cons
no health care
good company to work for
Contract Operater (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 7, 2012
Great company to work for the supervisors are a little difficult to work for but if you show your a good worker the chances for advancing in the company are good. co-worker are good people, work is sometimes hard but rewarding.
Pros
flexibility with work
Cons
traveling
Growing Company in many ways
Senior Supervisor Well Abandonments (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 15, 2012
Big company that is still family owned and growing bigger everyday very good safety record
Enjoy working with Shell Oil co. employees
Safety (Current Employee) –  boulder,wyomingJanuary 19, 2014
Have relocated from Wyoming to Kansas. Then from Kansas to Colo. From Colo. back to Wyoming now have been asked to relocate to North Dakota. Having a hard time dealing with all the moves.
Pros
good health care
Cons
not knowing
Great organized company
Field Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 12, 2013
This is a strong well organized company.
They do fail to promote their employees.
Pros
stable work load
Cons
fails to promote the work force