KSI

KSI Employer Reviews

Quality Products
Designer/Sales (Former Employee), Brighton, MIOctober 18, 2014
I was a Kitchen and Bath designer. I learned the elements of designing, codes and spacing. My Co-workers were pleasant to work with. Leaving my contractors that I built working relationships with was hard but I maintained some personal connections with some.
I enjoy designing new spaces for families to enjoy for years to come.
Enjoyed working in preventive maintenance of fleet vehicles
Automotive Luve Tech (Former Employee), Pinedale, WYJune 30, 2014
Pros: benefits were prety good
Cons: too far from home
Changed oil and all fluids in fleet vehicles, inspected and cleaned, ensured registration and insurance was up to date, enjoyed working with coworkers, very friendly and helpful. Management very friendly and understanding.
See previous review.
Executive Assistant to Executive VP/President (Former Employee), Vienna, VAJune 9, 2014
Pros: see previous review.
Cons: see previous review.
I actually worked for the same company from 1988 through May 2009 - the name of the company just changed over the years.
KSI has an organized efficient management
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MIJune 4, 2014
Pros: organized, fun, friendly
Cons: low pay
A typical day at KSI was opening and preparing all aspects of the shift in a busy restaurant.
Our management was well trained and efficient. Coworkers were mostly young people, so we tried to keep the environment light and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was if people did not show up for their shift. I was very fortunate that with very few exception – more... people showed up for my shift. I always remember one girl said: I wouldn't dream of skipping your shift", that where I learned that it pays to treat all with honor and respect, it comes back to you. – less
12-16 hour days made money
Installation Technician (Former Employee), OhioMarch 21, 2014
Pros: amish people are awesome
Cons: cows
12-16 hour days took away from my children

Learned I don't need milk that bad
On-Call is not a good thing
Great Company, Excellent Benefits
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Woodlawn, MDFebruary 21, 2014
Great Company with excellent benefits. Government Contractor, work place is secure.
No job security that has no eye on quality
General Foreman/Field Superintendent (Former Employee), Tioga, NDFebruary 20, 2014
Job was alright for a fly by wire operation. No organization and people are always passing the buck so if something messes up they did not do anything wrong but if it is good then it was their idea. If you know anything about quality this is not the right place for you.
Very productive work place with awesome chevron operators to work for.
Roustabout/Rigger (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: garenteed work, work experiance, training
Cons: no vacation, no paid holidays, health insurance was terrible
A typical day at work would go quick and interesting always something new. I have learned a lot from working there like how to use your head and common sense to make the job task easy all the way to how every thing runs and how to repair all kinds of oil field equipment. I have a stack of cards from taking classes.
Well the company i was working for – more... management wasn't liked do to the fact of how they treat there EE's. My co-workers were some of the best people i have worked with i trusted them with my life as they would me with theirs. The hardest part of the job was learning every thing i mean a lot in a short period of time. Like SOPs, CAL-OSHA, USA-Digs, every thing had to be done a certain way with permits to work all the way to fire prevention and dust control. The best part of the job was every 60 days Kern River was IFO Chevron would have a BBQ for all company's of the oil field for the day. – less
harlan
Backhoe Operator (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 4, 2014
work I like it becuse im out of the house and have something to do I love I am very hard working and I don't stop tell the job is done .
Toxic place to work
Design Supervisor/Project Engineer (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 27, 2013
Pros: good connections
Cons: engineering staff lacks in knowledge
hated it from the first day. They will hire just about anyone off the street
TO FAR AWAY FROM HOME !
CDL Driver (Former Employee), Tioga, NDOctober 7, 2013
Pros: $75.00 pre-dem
Cons: short breaks
THEY WERE ON THE JOB FOR HESS INC. WHICH WAS NICE TO WORK FOR BUT THE LOCATION WAS SO FAR AWAY FROM HOME THAT IT PLAYED WITH MY MIND MOST OF THE TIME , IF IT WOULDN'T OF GOTTEN SLOW I WOULD PROBLEY STILL BE THERE NOW..
good work experiance and good with employees.
RO-2 (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: good work.
Cons: bad pay and benefits.
money and advancement was poor but the work was easy to get used to. that place needs better management.
Productive and low pay
Backhoe Operator (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 6, 2013
Its a good starting job but not a career. Did road crossings and augured holes for pipe supports.
Great Company
Oil Field (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 23, 2013
Good Company i was laid off in january of 2012 due to lack of work.
great experence
Roustabout (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: work experince
Cons: benefits
A great place to get work experince. benefetits not good. Hard to get promotions.
good work place
Rig Welder (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 13, 2013
worked 7 to 3:30 m0n-fri, learned something new everyday, management wasnt the best,co-workers were great an helpful, dealing with management, working was the best part
great oppertunity
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours
My overall experience has provided me with a host of knowledge and lifelong skills. I have obtained the ability to adapt to any work area large or small, work all types of weather, keeping up to date with OSHA regulations, following procedure and safety rules without deviation, and working long odd hours as well.
Good company to work for
Internship (Former Employee), Clinton Township, MIJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: nice designer and they were willing to help
Cons: a lot of information to learn in a short time
You can learn a lot from KSI. I enjoyed doing my internship at KSI I got a chance to work with client and with KSI designers. I learned how to make a sale. Selling is very hard.
A very stressful place to work.
warehouse manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: liked my work /liked co-workers
Cons: clock out for 1hr.lunch only allowed to actually take 30min. age discrimination. no incentives.
Very dysfunctional.Managed by person who rather than solving problems he just sweeps under carpet.Employees have a real hate for the management. Like no other job I have ever had. I loved what I did there in spite of all the chaos that you have to deal with.
too much stand by time
BACKHOE OPERATOR (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 28, 2012
good company to work for, lots of saftey procedures, and too much waiting around. most enjoyable part of the day is operating equipment.