KSI Employee Reviews in United States

Great entryway into the energy sector (oil)
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 21, 2015
I gave this company 4-5 years of my life. Ive had family members work there, and really appreciate all they gave me. I was able to go from a 18 year old fresh out of highschool to a man with a thorough knowledge of the ins and outs of the oil production industry. Was the best education Ive ever recieved. I wish i could have stayed with them forever but OIL IS NEVER A STEADY JOB and so i had to get layed off.
Pros
the education and training.
Cons
Unstable job
Good Team
Welder (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 1, 2016
Core Micro management Culture audits my opinion to much down time due to meetings or policy changes . employment was always interesting not much overtime .Could be very productive. Great people to work with .
Pros
safety quality production
Cons
Rain outs, micro management & Oil Markets been HIT So HARD
learned alot
MECHANIC'S HELPER (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 16, 2016
was taught a lot and given a lot to learn. Wages were what the law requires-there were "team building" which was nice but lots of favorites
Pros
great place to work
Cons
played favorites
Production based, flexible schedule
Rig Welder (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 5, 2016
i really liked working here because they were always willing to work with your schedule and tried to keep you busy as long as you were a good worker.
would not go back to KSI to work
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 9, 2015
It seemed to me that all the upper management that received bonus did not care how the equipment was keep. They wanted the equipment to run. I the AC went out they would not fix it they just wanted as big a bonus as they could and did not care about the worker.
Pros
you recieved a pay check
Cons
Management did not care abuot the worker
Pay Well
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDOctober 18, 2015
The pay is amazing and the hours are flexible. Fun place to work, amazing resume builder for those interested in welding work.
very good work enviorment
safety (Former Employee) –  bakersfieldAugust 10, 2015
very good company very good management there with so many opportunity to grow ..and all the management was more then willing to help and assist in any questions and needs
Pros
lots of work
Cons
outdoors
good place
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDMay 26, 2015
good people good co workers great learning experience fast pace hard work but loved it good money fun time great equipment
Productive environment
Network Support Specialist, Lockheed Martin (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2015
Productive environment. Government Contract. Smart people. New technologies. I learned a lot about system analysis. Good educational trainings. Flexibility. Work life balance
Business financial and costing consultant
Consultant Associate (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 5, 2014
Learned how to operate in a consulting capacity. Effectively worked with a diverse and new customer base. Created immediate results to complete assignments for clients in many different domains. The various assignments required coming up to speed rapidly and producing results and integrating within the clients' organization. All assignments required extensive travel.
Pros
the creative flexibility, the gratification when clients are appreciative of the products delivered, and the ability to implement new products/processes.
Cons
the gaps between assignments.
Quality Products
Designer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIOctober 18, 2014
I was a Kitchen and Bath designer. I learned the elements of designing, codes and spacing. My Co-workers were pleasant to work with. Leaving my contractors that I built working relationships with was hard but I maintained some personal connections with some.
I enjoy designing new spaces for families to enjoy for years to come.
KSI has an organized efficient management
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIJune 4, 2014
A typical day at KSI was opening and preparing all aspects of the shift in a busy restaurant.
Our management was well trained and efficient. Coworkers were mostly young people, so we tried to keep the environment light and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was if people did not show up for their shift. I was very fortunate that with very few exception people showed up for my shift. I always remember one girl said: I wouldn't dream of skipping your shift", that where I learned that it pays to treat all with honor and respect, it comes back to you.
Pros
organized, fun, friendly
Cons
low pay
Good company
Construction, Maintenance, Labor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, WYMarch 5, 2015
loved working for this company, wish they didn't move away from where I am living, they had great hours and good benefits
Enjoyed working in preventive maintenance of fleet vehicles
Automotive Luve Tech (Former Employee) –  Pinedale, WYJune 30, 2014
Changed oil and all fluids in fleet vehicles, inspected and cleaned, ensured registration and insurance was up to date, enjoyed working with coworkers, very friendly and helpful. Management very friendly and understanding.
Pros
benefits were prety good
Cons
too far from home
A very stressful place to work.
warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2012
Very dysfunctional.Managed by person who rather than solving problems he just sweeps under carpet.Employees have a real hate for the management. Like no other job I have ever had. I loved what I did there in spite of all the chaos that you have to deal with.
Pros
liked my work /liked co-workers
Cons
clock out for 1hr.lunch only allowed to actually take 30min. age discrimination. no incentives.
great oppertunity
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 20, 2013
My overall experience has provided me with a host of knowledge and lifelong skills. I have obtained the ability to adapt to any work area large or small, work all types of weather, keeping up to date with OSHA regulations, following procedure and safety rules without deviation, and working long odd hours as well.
Pros
great pay
Cons
No job security that has no eye on quality
General Foreman/Field Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDFebruary 20, 2014
Job was alright for a fly by wire operation. No organization and people are always passing the buck so if something messes up they did not do anything wrong but if it is good then it was their idea. If you know anything about quality this is not the right place for you.
Good company to work for
Internship (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJanuary 7, 2013
You can learn a lot from KSI. I enjoyed doing my internship at KSI I got a chance to work with client and with KSI designers. I learned how to make a sale. Selling is very hard.
Pros
nice designer and they were willing to help
Cons
a lot of information to learn in a short time
To far away from home !
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDOctober 7, 2013
They were on the job for hess inc. Which was nice to work for but the location was so far away from home that it played with my mind most of the time , if it wouldn't of gotten slow I would probley still be there now..
Pros
$75.00 pre-dem
Cons
short breaks
Very productive work place with awesome chevron operators to work for.
Roustabout/Rigger (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 6, 2014
A typical day at work would go quick and interesting always something new. I have learned a lot from working there like how to use your head and common sense to make the job task easy all the way to how every thing runs and how to repair all kinds of oil field equipment. I have a stack of cards from taking classes.
Well the company i was working for management wasn't liked do to the fact of how they treat there EE's. My co-workers were some of the best people i have worked with i trusted them with my life as they would me with theirs. The hardest part of the job was learning every thing i mean a lot in a short period of time. Like SOPs, CAL-OSHA, USA-Digs, every thing had to be done a certain way with permits to work all the way to fire prevention and dust control. The best part of the job was every 60 days Kern River was IFO Chevron would have a BBQ for all company's of the oil field for the day.
Pros
garenteed work, work experiance, training
Cons
no vacation, no paid holidays, health insurance was terrible