KSI Employee Reviews

very good work enviorment
safety (Former Employee), bakersfieldAugust 10, 2015
Pros: lots of work
Cons: outdoors
very good company very good management there with so many opportunity to grow ..and all the management was more then willing to help and assist in any questions and needs
would not go back to KSI to work
Crane Operator (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: you recieved a pay check
Cons: Management did not care abuot the worker
It seemed to me that all the upper management that received bonus did not care how the equipment was keep. They wanted the equipment to run. I the AC went out they would not fix it they just wanted as big a bonus as they could and did not care about the worker.
good place
Swamper (Former Employee), Tioga, NDMay 26, 2015
good people good co workers great learning experience fast pace hard work but loved it good money fun time great equipment
Good company
Construction, Maintenance, Labor (Former Employee), Boulder, WYMarch 5, 2015
loved working for this company, wish they didn't move away from where I am living, they had great hours and good benefits
Productive environment
Network Support Specialist, Lockheed Martin (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2015
Productive environment. Government Contract. Smart people. New technologies. I learned a lot about system analysis. Good educational trainings. Flexibility. Work life balance
Quality Products
Designer/Sales (Former Employee), Brighton, MIOctober 18, 2014
I was a Kitchen and Bath designer. I learned the elements of designing, codes and spacing. My Co-workers were pleasant to work with. Leaving my contractors that I built working relationships with was hard but I maintained some personal connections with some.
I enjoy designing new spaces for families to enjoy for years to come.
Enjoyed working in preventive maintenance of fleet vehicles
Automotive Luve Tech (Former Employee), Pinedale, WYJune 30, 2014
Pros: benefits were prety good
Cons: too far from home
Changed oil and all fluids in fleet vehicles, inspected and cleaned, ensured registration and insurance was up to date, enjoyed working with coworkers, very friendly and helpful. Management very friendly and understanding.
See previous review.
Executive Assistant to Executive VP/President (Former Employee), Vienna, VAJune 9, 2014
Pros: see previous review.
Cons: see previous review.
I actually worked for the same company from 1988 through May 2009 - the name of the company just changed over the years.
KSI has an organized efficient management
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MIJune 4, 2014
Pros: organized, fun, friendly
Cons: low pay
A typical day at KSI was opening and preparing all aspects of the shift in a busy restaurant.
Our management was well trained and efficient. Coworkers were mostly young people, so we tried to keep the environment light and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was if people did not show up for their shift. I was very fortunate that with very few exception people showed up for my shift. I always remember one girl said: I wouldn't dream of skipping your shift", that where I learned that it pays to treat all with honor and respect, it comes back to you.
12-16 hour days made money
Installation Technician (Former Employee), OhioMarch 21, 2014
Pros: amish people are awesome
Cons: cows
12-16 hour days took away from my children

Learned I don't need milk that bad
On-Call is not a good thing
Great Company, Excellent Benefits
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Woodlawn, MDFebruary 21, 2014
Great Company with excellent benefits. Government Contractor, work place is secure.
No job security that has no eye on quality
General Foreman/Field Superintendent (Former Employee), Tioga, NDFebruary 20, 2014
Job was alright for a fly by wire operation. No organization and people are always passing the buck so if something messes up they did not do anything wrong but if it is good then it was their idea. If you know anything about quality this is not the right place for you.
Very productive work place with awesome chevron operators to work for.
Roustabout/Rigger (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: garenteed work, work experiance, training
Cons: no vacation, no paid holidays, health insurance was terrible
A typical day at work would go quick and interesting always something new. I have learned a lot from working there like how to use your head and common sense to make the job task easy all the way to how every thing runs and how to repair all kinds of oil field equipment. I have a stack of cards from taking classes.
Well the company i was working for management wasn't liked do to the fact of how they treat there EE's. My co-workers were some of the best people i have worked with i trusted them with my life as they would me with theirs. The hardest part of the job was learning every thing i mean a lot in a short period of time. Like SOPs, CAL-OSHA, USA-Digs, every thing had to be done a certain way with permits to work all the way to fire prevention and dust control. The best part of the job was every 60 days Kern River was IFO Chevron would have a BBQ for all company's of the oil field for the day.
harlan
Backhoe Operator (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 4, 2014
work I like it becuse im out of the house and have something to do I love I am very hard working and I don't stop tell the job is done .
Toxic place to work
Design Supervisor/Project Engineer (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 27, 2013
Pros: good connections
Cons: engineering staff lacks in knowledge
hated it from the first day. They will hire just about anyone off the street
TO FAR AWAY FROM HOME !
CDL Driver (Former Employee), Tioga, NDOctober 7, 2013
Pros: $75.00 pre-dem
Cons: short breaks
THEY WERE ON THE JOB FOR HESS INC. WHICH WAS NICE TO WORK FOR BUT THE LOCATION WAS SO FAR AWAY FROM HOME THAT IT PLAYED WITH MY MIND MOST OF THE TIME , IF IT WOULDN'T OF GOTTEN SLOW I WOULD PROBLEY STILL BE THERE NOW..
good work experiance and good with employees.
RO-2 (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: good work.
Cons: bad pay and benefits.
money and advancement was poor but the work was easy to get used to. that place needs better management.
Productive and low pay
Backhoe Operator (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 6, 2013
Its a good starting job but not a career. Did road crossings and augured holes for pipe supports.
Great Company
Oil Field (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 23, 2013
Good Company i was laid off in january of 2012 due to lack of work.
great experence
Roustabout (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: work experince
Cons: benefits
A great place to get work experince. benefetits not good. Hard to get promotions.