Kuakini Health System

Kuakini Health System Employee Reviews

Low census for nearly 2 years, frequently understaffed or very little support staff
RN (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great staff to work with, excellent teamwork
Cons: poorly managed, frequently short staffed, do not encourage furthering education
Poorly managed hospital that does not value its employees. Many employees have left to work for other hospitals due to a low census for nearly two years. Not a lot of resources available. Difficult to get tuition reimbursement for education.

Friendly, helpful staff. Everyone knows each other. Employer parking available.
Hospital where everyone knows your name
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 19, 2013
Pros: benefits, work opportunity in low census
Cons: short breaks, negative reinforcement
Under the supervision of an RN I would take 6 patients on day shift and 7 patients on night shift on various floors in the medical surgical units. I've learned to prioritize care and assesments according – more... to the demands of the patients needs. The staff is usually very helpful and the best part about Kuakini is that everyone knows everyone, it's a family style of nursing. The hardest part is managements use of negative reinforcement with the employees. I have never been given credit for a job well done from management. I have come to love Kuakini in the 8 years that I have been employed there, but feel that it is time I share my excellent qualities with another established company. – less
Challenging yet rewarding to work with Senior Citizens
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 15, 2013
Had great work relations with participants as well as other staff.
productive and fun working place
CNA I (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIMarch 22, 2013
Being a CNA is a tough job but working environment and co worker are friendly and the management is excellent.I enjoy my job dealing with giving care to client makes me happy.