Kuakini Health System Employee Reviews

Family
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 13, 2017
The reason why I say family because I can come to work and be okay with the support I need. You learn about each department as you interact with them and see the great diffrences
Very Family Oriented
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  347 N. Kuakini st. Honolulu, Hi 96817March 14, 2017
The company cares for their employees and family. They work around the schedule. It's also easy to work around people schedule if need to take off. People have a lot of "Aloha" very caring.
Laboratory review
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 17, 2015
Everyone with the same job title gets paid the same (with a small differential if you work eves/nights), pay is not based on merit, seniority, or experience. For those that work hard and are fast workers: supervisors/managers will see that but instead of recognition, they pile on the work since you can "handle it". Kind of sucks when you see other people slacking off or constantly calling in sick. Co-workers will be easy to get along with, management not so much. Yearly evaluations will be conducted by the lab manager who never works along side you; kind of hard to have someone that doesn't really know how you work to evaluate you fairly. Unit clerks are helpful and so are most RNs. Expect to be drawing blood even though we've got lab assistants to do that but most times we'll be understaffed. One benefit is that your starting pay will be higher than most other labs, the downside though is that you won't be seeing any significant raises. Census has been low constantly and because of that, staffing of techs have been pretty bare-bones.
Stay away at all cost
Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 6, 2015
worst admin and senior management in health care. Sad when the highest turn over rate is in HR. Administrators does not support front line staff and over load managers with no compensation or appreciation. Do yourself a favor and apply at another hospital.
Pros
cant think of any
Cons
Admin
Hospital where everyone knows your name
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 19, 2013
Under the supervision of an RN I would take 6 patients on day shift and 7 patients on night shift on various floors in the medical surgical units. I've learned to prioritize care and assesments according to the demands of the patients needs. The staff is usually very helpful and the best part about Kuakini is that everyone knows everyone, it's a family style of nursing. The hardest part is managements use of negative reinforcement with the employees. I have never been given credit for a job well done from management. I have come to love Kuakini in the 8 years that I have been employed there, but feel that it is time I share my excellent qualities with another established company.
Pros
benefits, work opportunity in low census
Cons
short breaks, negative reinforcement
Challenging yet rewarding to work with Senior Citizens
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 15, 2013
Had great work relations with participants as well as other staff.
productive and fun working place
CNA I (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 22, 2013
Being a CNA is a tough job but working environment and co worker are friendly and the management is excellent.I enjoy my job dealing with giving care to client makes me happy.