Kuehne + Nagel

Kuehne + Nagel Employee Reviews

Select Staffing (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 9, 2016
work was good because it was work. Gave me a opportunity to get back into the work force. My co-workers and supervisors where the best part of the job, besides the fact I needed to work to support my children, they where the reason I never missed a day of work.
Worst Experience Ever! (Story Below)
2nd shift manager (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZDecember 28, 2015
I was hired on by Adecco Staffing. KN Casa Grande, AZ managed by Jeffrey Shaw, does not hire on but only hires people from select staffing/addeco and pays $9 dollars an hour.

I was brought on board with warehouse management experience to become a lead and make $14.50 an hour. They paid me 9 until I left. I was there for 4 months and they do not have a training program. They tell at associates, they have huge favoritism and use profanity like sailors from top down.

I stayed so long because they told me they would hire me but instead has me work endless hours with the responsibility of a lead getting paid 9 bucks.

It's simply a DEAD END JOB.
Pros
You can use it on Resume for Warehouse experience.
Cons
Everything about it is DEAD END.
Great Experience
Parcel Picker Shipment (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 22, 2015
Good place to work I met a lot of people and the hours were fixed to meet my schedule and work around my home life. I got a lot of overtime and there was room for me to move further but that all depends on how hard you work. The heat in the summer was rough but they gave water breaks along with lunches and reg 15 min breaks which was pretty nice. It was busy at times but we always made a fun yet a professional environment.
Cons
Could pay more
Lots of work lots of overtime
AIR IMPORT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 11, 2015
checking on emails and replying back, opening up files in the system, setting up checks for the airlines, making phone calls to the airlines, setting up quotes and deliveries, invoicing customers, scanning and faxing documents.
I learned what the logistics industry was about through this job.
When I was working for this company at the time management in my dept seemed to be non existent besides the occasional dept meetings. Supervisors at that time also didn't do much besides delegate work which they were suppose to be doing but instead passed off to the employees. Management really didn't know what certain customers required when delivering their shipments, ie: if they needed a team, if they needed advanced notice before delivery.
Hardest part of my job was seeing if I was ever going to become a permanent employee or stay as a temp.
Pros
Free lunches, office parties
Cons
no health care for me as a temp, staying a temp for over 2 yrs
Stay away unless they have a union
packager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2015
I have worked for many company's and this is the worst one they don't care about safety and will not pay you anything worth staying there are plenty of other jobs that will pay you what your worth
Pros
free gate-raid
Cons
terrible management, terrible pay, terrible safety, hire family only in upper management horde all the money for themselves
Intensive work
International Transport Coordinator (Current Employee) –  LuxembourgOctober 11, 2015
I am working in a very multicultural company where I meet a lot of new people from different cultures and background.
The work itself is challenging where we are always expected to deliver 100% satisfaction and service level. Mistakes are not well tolerated and therefore we have a lot of pressure on us. Colleagues are however nice and friendly and we brainstorm a lot for solving problems.
Pros
free fruits on Wednesday, free Christmas party
Cons
low paid compared to similar jobs in Luxembourg, bureaucratic
not a good place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJOctober 2, 2015
management staff did not appreciate hard workers they preferred those that did a bad job just because they were there favorite they did as they pleased and no one told them anything. Overall I liked the job it was very easy and understand what I had to do but because of the managers that work makes not work to work due to bad attitudes.
fast paced warehouse, little to no training, but your held accountable for everything
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSSeptember 24, 2015
I worked here a very short time. I was trained one day and then I was placed at a job. The people that I worked with were nice they helped me get through my days.
productive warehouse
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GASeptember 8, 2015
pick orders and i also learned how to manage a crew of 15 co workers where good the hardest part of the was working bad supervisors. just having a job to go to
Pros
free lunch somtimes
Cons
no good benefits short work days
Ok
Operation Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 24, 2015
The company is great as long as you know the correct people when trying to advance.

Co-workers are great which makes the environment bareable.
Pros
Free Lunch, great Co-workers
Cons
Not what you know but who you know for advancement and special training.
Challenging workplace; entrepreneurial, challenging to find career advancement and opportunity
Director of Supply Chain Solutions, North America (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 11, 2015
Learn about sophisticated international integrated logistics projects.

Hot but fun
Customer Setup Operator/Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJuly 14, 2015
It was hot learn how to program, test printers according to customer specifications,some of the printers were heavy.Some days we had plenty of work and days none.
Fast paced workplace with good management
Truck Loader, Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2015
Worked for the Shipping Department. Pulled orders and loaded trucks in a timely manner. Management is easy going they are not constantly on your back as long as you are doing what you are supposed to do.
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 12, 2015
I have been working in this company since Nov 2008 in Iran/Tehran .
The management helped me to promote from Accounts receivable to supervisor of accounting Dept . When I moved to United States they rehired me in Whittier branch and I have been so happy with my job ,
The reason I am looking for a job is that the company moved to Anaheim last month.
Clerical work were emphasizing in detail is required.
Customs Brokerage Agent (Former Employee) –  El Paso,TxApril 8, 2015
Great opportunity were I expanded my knowledge in customs entries, procedures, and regulations. Attention to detail is key to avoid fines from CBP, and to avoid shipment delays.
Pros
office clerical, fast paced
Cons
no benefits, no vacations, not a permanent position, no evaluations
Employee's are really good to work with.
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 25, 2015
There is a lot to learn with this company but they do not compensate you for what you know.The management has a lot of favoritism. The co-workers are the best people to work with they do everything to make you feel welcome. Nothing is really hard to learn you just have to be willing to do it. the most enjoyable part of my job is the fast pace and how quick the times moves and learning new things.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Great work place to work
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMarch 22, 2015
Working for Kuehne Nagel was a very good experience for me.
I learned how to work as a team player while helping other learn more.
Pros
free parking
Cons
lack of hours offered
very strict and structured
Project assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2015
busy from the time that I walked in the door till the time that i left, multi tasking was a key, the hardest part was establishing the priority level on each task
Pros
excellent support
Cons
you were only a number not a person
PRODUCTION AND INVENTORY CONTROL
LOGISTIC COORDINATOR • (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJanuary 29, 2015
Production Performance, Budget Support, Costs, Projects support, etc. Work Sampling Analysis to determine the Maintenance Planner Capacity and identify needed resources for maintenance planning activities.
Development of a Maintenance Planner Capacity MS Excel spread sheet tool and Maintenance Planner Efficiency MS Excel spread sheet tool.
Generate Value Stream Maps to identify non value added activities in the Maintenance Planning and Scheduling Process with the main objective to standardize the Planning and Scheduling Activities.
Development of Maintenance Metrics to meet maintenance excellence goals following the Manufacturing Equipment Excellence program.
Responsible for material handling, operate forklift, merchandise loading and unloading.
Large comapny with many services to ofeer
Sales (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJanuary 8, 2015
The position was not as advertised. Highly political and unproductive environment.
Pros
large company
Cons
unprofessional