Kuehne + Nagel Employee Reviews in United States

Competitive job initiatives
Export Air Freight Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAJuly 18, 2016
Great work environment, friendly staff and excellent superiors. Largest logistics air export freight forwarder in the world. You can pretty much work anywhere in the world.. You are very hands on with supply chain management.
Great job.
International Logistics Planner (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 3, 2016
The company was great. It was easy to get time off and the benefits were reasonable. My only con would be that the work was mundane.
Pros
Work-life balance.
Cons
Pay, mundane work as a Logistics Planner.
A great company to work for
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 13, 2016
Kuehne Nagel was a outstanding company to work for. It was a fast paced work environment which is a typical day at work. I had learned a lot working for this company, and the good part of working there is if your willing to learn, they'll be willing to teach. Along with a fast paced work environment, the staff working for the company are very welcoming.
not for me
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 7, 2016
i was a machine operator. the work was easy but some product was oversized and lack of help.
management team sucks.long hours too.
productive and fun working place
Packer (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 15, 2016
I enjoy working for Kuehne & Nagel.It's been a really good experience working for the company i've learned a lot of things working with the people at Kuehne & Nagel.
Pros
They sometimes give us free lunches
Cons
breaks are a little short
a good company for young people coming out of school
lead 1st shift warehouse (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 18, 2016
this company is ok stable job great people the downfall is they don't have incentives and there are no reward programs. the good thing about it is if you cant make it in one dept they will move you to another one to see if you will work out there
Pros
if you can't make it in one dept they will move you to another one to see if it works out there
Cons
no incentives and bad pay raise
to be recognized when you have a safety TIP
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92806April 8, 2016
I enjoy doing the kind of work i do at my job. always having fun but at the same time being very responsible with my task, always being positive and having a friendly emvironment.
Pros
employee of the month recognition
Cons
working with unsafe people.
Productive and Advancement opportunities
Warehous Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJMarch 23, 2016
Very good conditions in work environment, great sense of innovation, and a broad range of prestigious clients. Great opportunities for career advancements.
Work Life Balanced environment
Java EE Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Naugatuck, CTMarch 21, 2016
- Small group of IT people with good support.
- Self motivated personals get freedom to innovate and act
- Flexible time - If you deliver on time you will get flexibility.
typical office environment
Application Support & Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 29, 2016
typical office environment, uses some interesting technologies. Can be stressful around dead lines. There is really not to much to add there.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
horrible 401k
Somewhat fun
Stand Up Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 13, 2016
To even get hired on, they want you to kiss their butt and if not they will try to get you fired by any means. I had to quit before they had an chance.
Productive.Rewards employees by moving them up.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 20, 2016
I was amazed in the detail of what it takes to ship items across our global regions.A lot of work is involved.A typical day in the humidity can be hard on a person if you are not custom to it.I learned that there is lots of team work involved.Management was very helpful to their employees.Co-workers were great people to work with.The hardest part of the job would have to be Florida's humidity.The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the workers greeting each other at the beginning of the shift from the time their shift ends.
Pros
Food vendor pulls up outside.Locally owned mobile car wash, washes vehicles in parking lot.
Cons
Very humid days in Florida.
Select Staffing (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 9, 2016
work was good because it was work. Gave me a opportunity to get back into the work force. My co-workers and supervisors where the best part of the job, besides the fact I needed to work to support my children, they where the reason I never missed a day of work.
Worst Experience Ever! (Story Below)
2nd shift manager (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZDecember 28, 2015
I was hired on by Adecco Staffing. KN Casa Grande, AZ managed by Jeffrey Shaw, does not hire on but only hires people from select staffing/addeco and pays $9 dollars an hour.

I was brought on board with warehouse management experience to become a lead and make $14.50 an hour. They paid me 9 until I left. I was there for 4 months and they do not have a training program. They tell at associates, they have huge favoritism and use profanity like sailors from top down.

I stayed so long because they told me they would hire me but instead has me work endless hours with the responsibility of a lead getting paid 9 bucks.

It's simply a DEAD END JOB.
Pros
You can use it on Resume for Warehouse experience.
Cons
Everything about it is DEAD END.
Great Experience
Parcel Picker Shipment (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 22, 2015
Good place to work I met a lot of people and the hours were fixed to meet my schedule and work around my home life. I got a lot of overtime and there was room for me to move further but that all depends on how hard you work. The heat in the summer was rough but they gave water breaks along with lunches and reg 15 min breaks which was pretty nice. It was busy at times but we always made a fun yet a professional environment.
Cons
Could pay more
Lots of work lots of overtime
AIR IMPORT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 11, 2015
checking on emails and replying back, opening up files in the system, setting up checks for the airlines, making phone calls to the airlines, setting up quotes and deliveries, invoicing customers, scanning and faxing documents.
I learned what the logistics industry was about through this job.
When I was working for this company at the time management in my dept seemed to be non existent besides the occasional dept meetings. Supervisors at that time also didn't do much besides delegate work which they were suppose to be doing but instead passed off to the employees. Management really didn't know what certain customers required when delivering their shipments, ie: if they needed a team, if they needed advanced notice before delivery.
Hardest part of my job was seeing if I was ever going to become a permanent employee or stay as a temp.
Pros
Free lunches, office parties
Cons
no health care for me as a temp, staying a temp for over 2 yrs
Stay away unless they have a union
packager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2015
I have worked for many company's and this is the worst one they don't care about safety and will not pay you anything worth staying there are plenty of other jobs that will pay you what your worth
Pros
free gate-raid
Cons
terrible management, terrible pay, terrible safety, hire family only in upper management horde all the money for themselves
Intensive work
International Transport Coordinator (Current Employee) –  LuxembourgOctober 11, 2015
I am working in a very multicultural company where I meet a lot of new people from different cultures and background.
The work itself is challenging where we are always expected to deliver 100% satisfaction and service level. Mistakes are not well tolerated and therefore we have a lot of pressure on us. Colleagues are however nice and friendly and we brainstorm a lot for solving problems.
Pros
free fruits on Wednesday, free Christmas party
Cons
low paid compared to similar jobs in Luxembourg, bureaucratic
not a good place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJOctober 2, 2015
management staff did not appreciate hard workers they preferred those that did a bad job just because they were there favorite they did as they pleased and no one told them anything. Overall I liked the job it was very easy and understand what I had to do but because of the managers that work makes not work to work due to bad attitudes.
fast paced warehouse, little to no training, but your held accountable for everything
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSSeptember 24, 2015
I worked here a very short time. I was trained one day and then I was placed at a job. The people that I worked with were nice they helped me get through my days.