Kuehne & Nagel Employee Reviews

It started out fine then management tightened the reigns
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Temperance, MIJanuary 13, 2017
I enjoyed working there it was a good environment to work in for the first like 4 years and the second shift floor supervisors were awesome. then customers were lost or done away with so the work got exponentially harder and management wanted the same results from the employees when it was not possible. The first shift floor supervisors were very strict probably because all the big bosses were on first shift and they were trying to prove something. Just trying to get people in trouble for petty things which was unnecessary because everyone got their work done either on time or early all the time regardless.
Pros
second shift floor supervisors
Cons
first shift floor supervisors, management
Productive, fun place and love my employees.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CASeptember 6, 2016
Typical day is come in and open up, get shift started plan out daily agenda to get the job done with little or no overtime.
I love working with the management team and the employees i have and love teaching everyone about the 5s's.
The hardest part of the job is working 6 days every other week and going home smelling like tires all day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when i'm off on vacation or sick and my employees express how much they appreciate when i'm there.
Pros
The people I work with.
Cons
the smells and headaches.
Run for the hills, don't work here.
Logistics Planner (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 12, 2016
This is the most unorganized place I have ever set foot in.

Turnover is high as you need to be popular to get ahead.

A typical day would include working overtime to accomplish the unreachable goals set up by incompetent management staff.

They have no clue how to run a business.

You will be required to know everything right away and written up for common mistakes.

You will be worked like a slave if you try to advance in this company.

Management treats you unfairly, upper management is even worse.

Only work here if you have no other options.
Pros
a parking garage
Cons
The harder you work, the more work you are assigned. Management is clueless and does not care about you or the customers.
Great work enviroment
CSU Operator/Line Auditor/Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 12, 2016
Company have a great team of employees that work well together. Employees make it fun by pushing each other on production lines to complete jobs.
Pros
Positive attitude from most willing to help out.
Cons
Management doesn't review issues that effect work areas until to late.
Great company
Operations Manager - Honeywell Aerospace (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 8, 2016
good place to work for very flexible hours, smart staff to guide you on being successful. Will work on lean projects when starting at the company. Overall great place
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No strategic vision
Productive and fun
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Fun and exciting environment. People are so friendly and team work was the top of the list. I got see all different varieties of what it they do. I like it.
Pros
Excellent service
Cons
Temporary
forklift operator and receiving and shipping clerk
Staff Force (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMarch 7, 2017
worked using all types of forklifts and unloaded and loaded merchandise to be put in its correct storage area. I as well would prepare orders to be sent out and picked up.
Good
Kanban Analyst / Assistant Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 6, 2017
This job has had it challenges. I have learned to take all the everyday bumps and challenges as a sign of growth. I had to learn how to effectively do reports and various projects.
Cons
Short lunches
Challenging and exciting
Ocean Export FCL Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 3, 2016
Everyday is a new adventure where you never know what it will bring and the problem you have to solve.
I get to work with clients and vendors for the best solution on the export need
Good place to work and Co workers are very nice and helpful. Also good place to learn hows the distribution center.Management rules its not too bad.
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  112 forged parkway Franklin,MAJune 9, 2016
Good
Learn distribution routine
Good
Nice
Talking to others Good place to work and Co workers are very nice and helpful. Also good place to learn how's the distribution center.Management rules its not too bad.
Great environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJune 28, 2016
The days are busy. This is not a sit on the job and wait for something to happen. Supportive team atmosphere. Excellent place for advancing career opportunities.
Pros
Generally friendly atmosphere
Cons
N/A
Import/Export Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxJanuary 22, 2013
Fun place to work and excellent management but not enough benefits and job security. I normal day at Kuehne & Nagel would be busy. I learned to manage my time better and be flexible to assist other teammates. The hardest part of the job was hearing permanent people at Dell talk about laying off temps. The most enjoyable part of the job was our managers and working together as a team.
Pros
gather to go out to eat as a team.
Cons
not enough benefits and job security.
Safe
Folk lift operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 7, 2016
Typical day consist of pulling orders. If work was slow in my area, we supported other areas. This gave me the chance to be more flexible within my company.
exciting and fast pace.
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 26, 2016
i felt very accomplished at the end of each day. I learned a lot and challenged myself to continue to exceed the expectations for me and my position which made my experience both exciting and challenging.
its a small warehouse very easy work
Pit Operator (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAMarch 23, 2016
this warehouse was small with a friendly environment and a non stressful and more labor work building displays and picking with a manual pallet jack
Pros
non stressful environment, and easy work
Cons
very messy, unorganized, management was off frequently so every one did what they wanted
It is way to much work for 2 people but upper management doesn't think so.
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PAJanuary 28, 2013
From 8am until 1pm we unload all inbound trucks. then we go to lunch. After lunch we start screening all cargo that needs to be screened. then we shrink wrap and put security tape on them.
I think it is a good job but there is no room for advancement and no raises in the future. It makes it tough to go to work day in and day out.
Pros
it was a good work place with good co-workers
Cons
it was way to much work for 2 people. you need at least 3 people in the warehouse
good place if this is your first job..
Temp lead associate (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAMay 17, 2016
i liked it here it was a good warehouse to learn it was a steady job not too many hours but steady
oh and did i mention not too many hours and not enough supplies or equipment and the pay is not too great
Pros
you had time to learn at your own pace
Cons
not too many hours and not enough supplies
general construction
Freight handler/Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 27, 2016
If your looking for work to to get work done this the company to look for . Top quality work no short cuts, Main goal is for the customer to love the work that is done.
great company to work for
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 13, 2015
company has great benefits, real professional, management is great, very busy and constantly moving to place customer orders on right trucks for delivery in a timely manner
Fun work place
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 11, 2015
I get to work.Then we start working. We usually have tasking that comes down from somebody which usually invloves setting up systems in a certain way. I check our LAN to see if anything happend overnight, Check for new updates. I may make accounts if new people have arrived. Check for failed devices. Log on to this site. I always got a few side projects and I spend a hour on each a day. Then the afternoon I'm studying for school. Then I go home or to school depending on the day of the week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kuehne & Nagel. Our community is ready to answer.