Kuehne & Nagel Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 11, 2015
I get to work.Then we start working. We usually have tasking that comes down from somebody which usually invloves setting up systems in a certain way. I check our LAN to see if anything happend overnight, Check for new updates. I may make accounts if new people have arrived. Check for failed devices. Log on to this site. I always got a few side projects and I spend a hour on each a day. Then the afternoon I'm studying for school. Then I go home or to school depending on the day of the week.
Fun workplace
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  LewisvilleOctober 1, 2015
It was very fun and entertaining to work here. I have learned a great deal of information at this warehouse that I fell is very beneficial to me as an employee.
Good job, good people
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CASeptember 4, 2015
Very large facility with lots of motivated workers, Management was focused and supportive. It was a little awkward managing both union and nonunion dock workers without showing favoritism.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
I was laid off due to down sizing
Great company
Inventory Analyst, Vendor Managed Inventory (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2015
They have a lot of room for overtime and keep their employees in the loop. I would work for this company again in the future.
Pros
opportunity for overtime
Cons
Schedule all over the place
highly active Inbound and outbound
CSR (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 20, 2015
co workers were easy to work with,
heavy work load but easy
loved working there but needed to leave because of having to move away to be with my sister whom is sick. 4 hours away
Productive, and fast placed work.
Warehouse/ Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 12, 2015
I Enjoyed working there. The work was challenging and set at a steady pace, (I stayed in good shape). The employees were all very nice to work with.
need to work together with smiles
World Trade/Clerk/wave planner/CSR (Current Employee) –  southaven msJuly 6, 2015
it's a easy task but the days can get long and hard. I love the days for vactions. it can be a better place if the management would change. The co-workers can be nice and can be mean at time try to stay to myself and on task.
Neutral
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 22, 2015
The company has great benefits. I helped set up the warehouse, got my 90 days in with no write-ups, but was let go with no explanation. Great benefits though.
great company to work for
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 13, 2015
company has great benefits, real professional, management is great, very busy and constantly moving to place customer orders on right trucks for delivery in a timely manner
Productive working enviorment
Breast & Health Returns Department (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 9, 2015
Scan received product, stock, pick orders, ship orders, search for product. Some co-workers are lazy, my lead is nice.
Pros
clean environment and building has a/c and heater.
Cons
late work nights
Great Co-Workers but inneffecient workplace
Intermodal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2014
A typical day of work at Kuehne-Nagel involved answering roughly 500+ emails from carriers and customers, relaying necessary information to ensure containers delivered on-time and cost effectively. In my position we also were responsible for dispatching 2200 containers monthly and updating status events to relay pertinent location and estimated delivery time of shipments in real time. We were also responsible for adding charges to the individual files in order prepare them for invoicing. What I learned most from this position is how to effectively communicate within a team and how to interact with customers. In my position I worked directly with two colleagues and in order for us to work cohesively it was important to communicate with each other and let the others know what we were working on and brainstorm to solve a situation. The management at this position was really the only negative experience I had with this position. In this position it was important to learn your region that you were responsible for in order to build a relationship with the carrier and customers specific to that region and my manager kept switching our team positions around requiring employees to try and relearn a different region and build relationships only to be moved around the next week or month. This causes many delays in customer service and overall job performance for everyone. A new manager was brought in during my last few months here and unfortunately this also had a negative impact on efficiency. Instead of working together the two managers had very opposing ideas when it came to settling  more... disputes and different instruction was given to employees almost every time. My co-workers were some of the hardest working people I have ever met. Even though facing a lot of adversity and sometimes an overwhelming amount of work, we always got our tasks accomplished before we went home for the day, whether we had to stay after hours, or ask a member from another team to help we stayed together as a team to make sure it was a job well done. The hardest part of this job was definitely keeping up with the emails that we received from customers and sub-contractors. My team would receive anywhere from 500-800 emails per day from those parties and tracking the conversations would sometimes get very complicated as we would have to keep emails between each party separate to avoid losing business. By far the most enjoyable part of the job was the working environment at Kuehne-Nagel. The people I worked most closely with always had a fantastic attitude when they came into work. We did receive meals occasionally from our customers and carriers which was a plus, and we had several workplace events which were wonderful, especially, working fora German company during the World Cup.  less
Pros
great workplace enviornment
Cons
inefficient workplace. conflicting management
i love working here
forlift driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2014
its great fast pace really busy just not enough advancements opportunity's
not a place for me
EDI Integration Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 16, 2014
not friendly. was there for a year and did not make any friends . very stiff atmosphere
see previous review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Great place to work, good benefits. I learned a lot from working here and don't have any negative statements about this place. Just your average place, but employees were treated fair, if you worked hard and met your obligations. I would definitely work for this place again.
Pros
employee rewards
we had a basket ball court and played horseshoes and volly ball
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 20, 2014
punch in.go out side to make sure it's safe to unload truck. what i learned is first get the paper work from driver make sure he is at the right company.make sure the count is right and not damaged. management was great.every one work as a team.the hardest part of the day is none.the most enjoyable part of the job is noing that the products is going out on time.
Pros
company buy us lunch some time when we do a good job at work.
Cons
we have 45 min break and two 15 min break
Fun place to work
Lead Worker (Current Employee) –  Township of Ewing, NJJune 25, 2014
Work 8-4:30pm everyday with great people. It's 8 minutes from my house. We get paid every Friday which is very nice.
Pros
summer party & christmas party
Cons
n/a
Productive place to work.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 21, 2014
The supervisors could use a class on manners and respect but other than that the job was fairly easy work and the environment was very friendly. It almost felt like a second family.
Pros
good environment, security enforced, friendly employees
Cons
management needs to be toned down.
N/A
Material Handler(Shipping) (Current Employee) –  DOWNEY CAMay 23, 2014
WENT TO MANY DIFFERENT GROCERY STORES BUILD AND FILL UP COOLERS AND SHELVES WITH PRODUCT VERY PHYSICAL WORK
Productive and Fun Place to Work!
Export Coordinator Air & Ocean (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 16, 2014
This was my learning place for the Import/Export business. Good people willing to take the time to teach you. After 10 yrs I still keep in touch with my old bosses who became my teachers,advisors, & most important my friends.

This was alway a fast pace job. You were dealing with so many different aspects of the industry. You had the customer ( who we all know is alway right even when wrong ,they are the CUSTOMER) K&N taught me how to handle situation with the customer with business like dignity and politeness and explain why what they were asking couldn't be but we can do it this other way and be right and get the job done. They taught me how to stand up to customers who were dead wrong but insisted they were right. To politely and business like explain (a dozen times if necessary) why it had to be done by S.S. Lines standard or A/L standard;not theirs. They were the best in the Industry in my book when I look back at the jobs I have had in the Industry.
Pros
free lunches, picnics, crab feast
Cons
long hours, some head butting at times
A challenging fast pace work environment with daily rewards.
LOGISTICS EXECUTION ADMINSTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 15, 2014
A typical day consisted of adhering to a tight time management schedule. Early morning duties included tracking and tracing shipments that departed the DC's the previous day. Late morning duties included scheduling any deliveries departing the current day. Afternoon duties included securing carriers for the next day's departures. Late afternoon was reserved for reviewing any late/exception deliveries that occurred that day.

I learned to refine my time management process on the fly due to changing circumstance. Priorities had to be shuffled to make sure the customer never suffered inaccurate or late arriving information.

Management was very supportive in my efforts to satisfy the customer's daily needs.

The hardest part of my job was carrier management. I dealt with second tier carriers (due to "cost efficiency" requirements) and their exception/late notification methods frequently did not meet our standards for customer satisfaction.

The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely the people. The support from co-workers and management was excellent.