Kum & Go

Kum & Go Employee Reviews

enjoyable staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fargo, NDMay 20, 2015
Pros: steady schedule, wonderful co workers, friendly customers, easy to learn work.
Cons: single coverage made it sometimes difficult to get a break in
the co workers I had were a blast. they made moving to a new area so much less stressful. the management was rocky when I was there due to the process of switching titles from one manager to the other. the only thing I was really let down by was that they continued to keep an employee that had multiple complaints (verbal and written) against them. other than that, the short amount of time that I had gotten the opportunity to be employed at this establishment had been very enjoyable. the tasks were easy to learn and adapt to as long as they didn't change. the most difficult part was resetting my routine to fit this location's needs, other than that the customers and employees were wonderful. the only thing I would regret about this job is that I wasn't able to give notice to leave when I did.
Great company
Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Greeley, COMay 10, 2015
Pros: Free food, off saturday and sunday, great pay
Cons: couldn't hire or fire people, working with kids
Loved working here, got to know my customers and worked very hard bring the company up 22% in food sales. I started off at 4am making breakfast then lunch, I managed 7 people. Food is my passion so I loved the job.
Excellent school district
General Manager (Current Employee), Sherwood, ARApril 8, 2015
Loved working with this school district. Grants provided many computers for students in every classroom. Was able to return to school and get IT degrees and start a family.
hgkjhgkjhg
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Springfield, MOApril 7, 2015
hated the no overtime
people can be jerks
job can be fun in a fun work environment
hated when we constantly ran out of cleaning supplies and high selling products
Semis with out them you would practically have nothing.
Cashier/C.S.R (Current Employee), Loveland, COMarch 27, 2015
This job was awesome I started at age 19, was taught many things being the young blood of the shop. I've always been around big rigs and heavy equipment since I was born and this job let me get closer. after I graduate A&P school and work on aircraft for a bit I'm going to go get my diesel technician degree.
LOVE MY COMPANY!!
General Manager (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 8, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: being on call
Come and Go is all about people who work hard, love a challenge and want to succeed!! They set us up for success daily!! I would have to be offered a lot to leave my company! Typical work day is super fast paced energizing people so they can have a great day. I became a general manager in nine months and the bonuses are great. The hardest part of being a general manager is having to say goodbye to a team member, and the reason is because they have been promoted. I have trained a general manager and a current gmt. I am now training the next gmt. I love the people they make my day great and I love when they say great you knew just what I needed. Watching their kids grow and go thru life is a great time too. If you are a hard worker want to succeed then come to COME AND GO !!
Loved the customers that came in!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Webb City, MOMarch 6, 2015
I loved working with the public and being able to help people. I cleaned the store and made sure everything was stocked. The hardest part was watching the gas pumps to make sure no one drove off.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jonesboro, ARFebruary 20, 2015
A typical work day was okay. Customers and co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is standing the whole shift but it was nothing i couldn't handle.
Enthusiatic workplace
Customer Service Level II Supervisor (Current Employee), Omaha NEFebruary 9, 2015
Good condition of work, that leads to new customers acknowledgement, good team work environment. The hardest part is to deal with overnight delivery but the enjoyable part of it is to meet funny customers.
Good Experiance
Sales Manager (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IowaJanuary 27, 2015
Can really pay off if you put the time into this company. Good supervision and co-workers for the most part. Easy store assistance as well.
Poor Management
o Food Service Associate (Former Employee), Greeley, CODecember 29, 2014
The management was rude and did not help employees fix what they wanted fixed.
Each day is different.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Rockwell City, IANovember 7, 2014
Pros: working wit coworkers and customers
Cons: constantly on feet
Like working with customers, everyone has a different story. It's nice to have fun at work with coworkers.
Was a good place to work.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), North Little Rock, AROctober 22, 2014
I was a manager, while there I learned more about the expectations of customers in short term sales. The management was awesome and benefits were great. They included health, dental, vision, christmas club, 401k, and you could even take a pay advance if you were in a bind. They dont like to hire people that would cause friction within the team, so coworkers were always pleasant.
Rotations
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Colfax, IAOctober 14, 2014
The only issue with this job was the rotation of shifts. It is difficult when working to 11pm and then having to be back up to work at 6am. Not enough time in there to get the rest needed to perform your job properly.
Unbalanced workload when it comes to shift duties.
Sales Associate II (Current Employee), Evans, COOctober 8, 2014
Pros: a few friendly regulars that make the night barable to work
Cons: horrible scheduling issues and a lot of deceit withing the managment.
When I get to the store I check outside trash before I go inside to see which ones need to be changed beforehand to get a jump on that chore. Then depending on who is working I either have to deep clean the store immediately or start the end of day register reports, then I start on the fountain and cappicino machines. I take the novels off of fountains and replace with clean ones and then take down cappicino machine completely and wash in back room. Then I start to clean bathrooms for first time then go outside to change trash, refill windshield wiper fluid, paper towels, and receipt paper for gas pumps. After that I clean the roller grill and put the cappicino machine back together then clean tea and coffee urns along with their accompanying trays and the koolee machine drip tray also. Then check bathrooms again, check the cooler for low products, restock shelf items, also have to stock cigerettes, help customers, clean store by sweeping and mopping, taking out the trash and keeping parking lot clean. All other shifts have half these chores and two associates working them but the overnight shift, which I work is by myself and expected to do more chores, but I get it done and better than the other shifts so always up for a challenge.
Cashier/Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAAugust 13, 2014
was a fun job , the manger was very understanding nd co-workers was very helpful

just not enough pay for the amount of work you put in
Optimum Media Direction Inc. (OMD) is one of the world’s foremost media communications specialists. The project was about developing web applications
Net Developer (Current Employee), NYJuly 23, 2014
Designed and Implemented User Interface Layer using ASP.Net Web Forms.
Developed User Controls, navigation Menus using ASP.NET.
Extensively used ADO.NET objects such as Data Reader, Dataset and Data Adapter, for consistent access to SQL SERVER 2000 data sources.
Deployed XML Web Services according to the business requirement.
Implementation of client side validations using ASP.NET Validation Controls.
Developed Role based Security to authorize member to a specific role.
Used the ASP.NET Caching features to store frequently used items in the server’s Memory for quick retrieval.
Used sorting and paging features of Data grid for custom reports to enhance User interaction.
Involved in writing Stored Procedures, creating Views in SQL Server 2005.
Used Visual Source Safe for Version controlling.
Unit testing, debugging and problem solving.
Manager at the time was very hard to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glenwood City, WIJuly 20, 2014
Now under new management. No room to grow. Fast paced. A lot of employee turnover.
This was a nice place to work the job was very social which i enjoyed
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Muscatine IowaJuly 14, 2014
Pros: customer contact
Cons: hours
A typical day was running the cash register and serving the customers along with cleaning and inventory. Also, balancing of the shift closing. At this job I learned time management and how to deal with a wide range of customers. I was very fond of all of my co-workers we became good friends. The hardest part of this job was the hours I worked the 2nd shift and many times overtime. The part of the job that I enjoyed the most was the social side of the job interacting with the customers and my co-workers.
Straightforward work and great coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 2, 2014
Pros: fun work environment, simple work, and flexible hours
Cons: extremely busy in single coverage, dealing with unhappy or impatient customers
Our daily duties consisted of stocking products, cleaning the store, and serving customers. In my time working here, I learned how to deal with customers, how to handle money, and how to manage a store by myself. My direct supervisor was the best "boss" I've had to this day. The same goes for him as it does for my coworkers. We all became friends working with each other, and had fun every day. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset or impatient customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being with coworkers and regular customers that I had become friends with.

1 2 3 4

About Kum & Go

Kum & Go brings convenience to America's heartland. The company's 430-plus stores in about a dozen states throughout the Midwest – Read more

Kum & Go Salaries