Kum & Go Employee Reviews

Terrible work conditions with no benefits
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Clive, IADecember 6, 2017
Management was terrible, the GM didn't do anything about unproductive employees, the KM didn't order truck properly, mornings didn't worry about anything except breakfast even though they worked partway into lunch. Bakery items were poorly maintained as were cold sandwiches. The kitchen was an absolute disaster as cleanliness wasn't really a factor. Dishes were halfway washed most days, the floor was never mopped, the ovens were rarely cleaned and the drains had mold growing in them.
Pros
free fountain drinks/coffee/cappuccino, half price hot food while on clock
Cons
no breaks, no benefits, no teamwork in kitchen
productive positive environment making work enjoyable
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 4, 2017
The company has a very positive and real driven work environment that is easy to adjust into. The employees are very helpful and fun to work with. workplace issues are a rare occurrence. everybody gets along and it is a very productive environment always something to do.
Pros
free food and drinks, solid work hours and steady pay, enjoyable environment.
Cons
short breaks if you even get enough time to have one, if you are easily cold fans are always going so gets chilly inside sometimes
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKDecember 2, 2017
This was a great place to work. Fun environment great customers. fair management who is always more than willing to help in any way they can. quick paced and lots to learn
okay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 27, 2017
could be better only worked there for 6 months so yeah my manger was an okay person thogh so that is good she helped me a lot and taught me a lot my co wokers on the other hand were not the greatest
Decent Company poorly managed store
Kitchen Associate (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDNovember 26, 2017
While the company overall was nice, the individual store I worked at was poorly managed and very clique-y. Those who were friends with the manager got very obvious preferential treatment.
Terrible workplace
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 26, 2017
No team work, the managers just don't show up. ALOT. They expect you to drop anything you're doing to come in even when you're not scheduled. They accuse anybody and everyone of stealing, they don't pay you well for everything that you do. If the next shift doesn't show up you have to stay otherwise you will get into trouble with the law.
Pros
None.
fast pace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Olin, IANovember 25, 2017
Fast paced and always busy
learned to think on my feet which is a huge asset in medical field
managed stocking and cleaning and money and locking up on busy weekend nights on my own
worked most shifts on my own
hardest part was getting everything done before midnight when i was to clock out
working on my own was the best part of the job
Pros
soda and movies available for discount
Cons
no breaks and no help
Ok place
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Republic, MONovember 21, 2017
I wish they be more fair to the employees that been there longer...Also be nice to get a voucher for a turkey instead of getting a card in the mail for the holidays I know the upper manager gets a bonus that's the least they can do...
Pros
Ok job
Cons
Need to better there long time employees
Clerk
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, IANovember 21, 2017
Typical day in the life of a convenience store clerk. Customers come and go. Stock the shelves and cooler. Make coffee and keep things clean. All in all a standard job.
Upper Management Sucks
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 20, 2017
You got to meet a lot of good customers but if you are not the type to get on your knees and pucker up then you have no place in this company. They will also cut your hours for no reason.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Bad management, no time with family, will cut your hours and not care.
Almost impossible to advance over under-qualified co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 20, 2017
Liked the job, loved the regulars. Had 5 interim GMs in 16 months. Ridiculous turn over. Had no district manager the last few months of my employment; thus, I could not advance.
Pros
Job was awesome on all accounts
Cons
no advancement potential
Working with good people is worth it
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARNovember 19, 2017
The typical day is busy and almost never boring. There's always something to do. So many customers walk in day after day that I could not count them myself, and so with this overabundance of customers, we have to be moving constantly to restock, refill, answer questions, and make sure that everyone feels welcome and cared for.
I learned a lot about how to delegate tasks, how to work well with others and use their strengths for the benefit of the team and the store.
Pros
Never a dull moment, Positive Environment, Good Team
Cons
Short breaks, overwhelming at times, complaints
Challenging Yet Simple
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARNovember 18, 2017
My manager is one of the sweetest and most thoughtful people I have ever met. She respects and cherishes each of her workers and makes the job a joy. I work overnight to it I work by myself. It is very difficult to get what needs to be done completed when there are customers coming in the store every five minutes.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
difficult customers
Productive place to work.
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IANovember 16, 2017
I worked as a cashier and exchanged USD currency, credit cards, and checks for retail items sold in the store. It was a fun and interesting experience working there along time ago back in high school.
Pros
Customer service satisfaction
Cons
Cleaning bathrooms
fun productive workplace that is welcoming
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CONovember 14, 2017
A typical wok day was chores, sales, stock cigarettes and make sure everything is clean and presentable. I learned how to maintain getting what i needed done in a fast paced environment. Managment worked just as hard as the crew yet made sure there crew was still good and doing what they needed.
Pros
half off food, paied breaks.
Cons
over higher not enough hours
Fun job
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 14, 2017
I enjoy working for this company have learned a lot of new things worked at every position inside of store. Helped me gain new knowledge and skills for my future.
Great company
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYNovember 12, 2017
Very friendly and easy going! Great Starting job for anyone. Career advancement is possible and flexible hours are available if needed. The company cares for their employees
Pros
Good pay and great environment
Stressful and fast paced
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, okNovember 11, 2017
Handling money, products, and costumers. There is always something for you to do, but there is not always enough staff to efficiently complete the task before you.
Pros
Flexibility
Simple and challenging
Food Preparation Associate (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARNovember 8, 2017
It was easy to learn how the products were cooked/made. Keeping up with demand was and regulations was paramount. I had a demanding manager who was a tyrant and ended up being fired. My next manager was tough but also honest and kind. The hardest part of the job in the kitchen was cleaning the fryer. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the regulars.
Pros
customers
Cons
few hours
assistant manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Webster City, IANovember 8, 2017
This site wont let me put in the name of this company, says it is inappropriate. is an all right place to work. Enjoy working with the public and meeting new people. Advancement is hard to get and to move up within the company is difficult

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kum & Go. Our community is ready to answer.