Kumon Learning Center

Kumon Learning Center Employer Reviews

Productive and friendly work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), New Britain, PAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: friendly environment and good management
Cons: not every day
I tutor students who need extra help in mathematics and reading skills. I also assist with management, organization, record data, prep work, take inventory, and cleanup. I communicate with parents about student progress.
Kumon Learning Center
Mathematics and English Tutor (Former Employee), Nutley, NJJanuary 16, 2015
Kumon was a good learning experience for a high school student's first job. I learned responsibility and grew an ability to teach others.
Quiet and fun environment
Grader (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 11, 2015
Its a great place to work however, their are a lot of rules making it hard to enjoy the work atmosphere. However, the management and workers their give a lot of time and effort into their kids.
Summary
Cashier (Former Employee), Garnervile, New YorkDecember 30, 2014
A typical day includes checking inventory, handling customers, and managing money. There is much to learn about marketing strategies and business ideas.The work environment is very friendly and positive.
Education field with diverse cultural experience
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), East Brunswick, NJNovember 22, 2014
Most of the day spending time adjusting studying agenda.
Requires effective communication skills to deal with parents.
Opportunity to talk to students from elementary to high school and learn their cultures.
Fast paced quiet environment, helping kids learn
Primary Instructor (Current Employee), rancho cucamongaOctober 28, 2014
Kumon has a scheduled routine style in work, the same things are done every day, and the same hours for mostly all of the staff.
You learn a lot of math and grammar skills from explaining to students and grading the packets. The work also teaches you how to become independent, by the Kumon method for students on how to work independently. I had no hard time with any coworkers, everyone is so nice, and the management are always ready for any questions you might have. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing students improving on their work over a period of time, it feels like you have accomplished something with your work.
Excellent working atmopshere
Mathematics Tutor and Grader (Former Employee), Clarksburg, New JeresyOctober 17, 2014
Pros: learned how become organized with progress monitoring
Cons: learned that i need to improve on certain academic skills.
Everyday I would come in to a environment that was both challenging, yet rewarding. The manager was very knowledgeable about his field, as well as the expectations of various other occupation. The staff members were also very friendly and welcoming. I was able to build a community with my team, and develop networks that would allow me to succeed in other occupational areas.
Fun
Teacher Assistant/Manager (Current Employee), Milton, MAOctober 15, 2014
great experience. still currently working there. met a lot of great energetic co-workers.
Beneficial but a little boing
Assistant (Former Employee), North Brunswick, NJOctober 9, 2014
It is boring. You can't talk or anything since it is a classroom. It's beneficial but it can get boring, The kids are very entertaining though.
Good place eto work at.
Tutor (Former Employee), Palatine, ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: great place to work at
Cons: compensation could have been better
Kumon was a great place to work at. It challenges you to work patiently with children.
Perfect place to strengthen your skills.
Instructor (Former Employee), MDAugust 21, 2014
Pros: flexible hours and friendly environment, positive results
Cons: short one on one instructive lesson due to too many students
As in instructor/tutor at Kumon Learning Center i get to interactive with children at different ages and cultures. Teaching children in Math and English as well as grading their tests is one of the best thing to do because I could see the progress and results right away how one student is accomplishing his education from his mistakes and the gains are almost prominent over a few weeks. Children came from different back grounds and most are very advanced after taking courses at Kumon Learning Center which motivates and helps them do better in school. Kumon Math and English levels are much higher than regular middle school, elementary and even high school Math and English.
Love Kids
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAJuly 27, 2014
It was great working with the children. i enjoyed teaching them and helping them succeed in school and with their work
Productive Learning Environment
Tutor (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 22, 2014
I love helping my students with there homework. I've gain more patience skills and I love assisting parents.
Productive work place
Assistant Instructor (Current Employee), Stratford, CTJune 23, 2014
A typical day at work starts a half an hour before class starts in which I clean and prepare for class. When class starts, I seat up to three children at my table with me and guide them through their classwork, exchange their homework, and make sure everything is prepared for the week ahead. We meet three days a week. Wednesday & Thursday 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Working at Kumon has taught me responsibility, punctuality, motivation, and a genuine appreciation for students and their interest in learning.

I have learned to manage stressful situations with poise. I can handle working quickly and efficiently.

My coworkers are helpful, dedicated, and resourceful. They will do their best to make sure there is a balance in the work place. We all work together to keep stress levels low.

The hardest part of my job is that I must come to work right after school and put forth all my energy and work my very hardest at all times to make sure that I can keep everything in order.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping children understand and grasp concepts and watching them thrive in their education.
Summery
volunteer (Former Employee), JacksonJune 21, 2014
Pros: very rewarding helping students.
Cons: no money compensation.
Tutoring, managing student activity, correcting student work, assisting owner.
Awesome, Fun, Learning Center!
Tutor (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILJune 16, 2014
I tutored students in math and reading, Grades pre-k thru 12th grade. Tutoring there was awesome, seeing the students grow in the education made me so happy. The hardest part of my job, there wasn't one. I enjoyed every moment, every student, and every learning experience with them. My co-workers enjoyed the job also which made it a very fun work place.
Fun if you like kids
Tutoring Assistant/ Grader (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 1, 2014
Pros: short shifts
Cons: no benefits or advancement
Pay is minimal and it's only a side job to earn a little extra gas money
Fun place to work
Teacher/Grader (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: co-workers were around the same age
Cons: could not work m-f only m-w.
- teach K-12th grade students reading and math
- learned patience and that students learn at different paces
Great place to interact with children. and help them with thier acadeimc needs.
Personal Academic Tutor (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 6, 2014
a typical day at kumon would be finding help for students and their needs.

most enjoyable part would be seeing a student understand a problem after you helped them out.
Great to work with kids
Grader & Tutor (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2014
It is so fun to work with kids.
Teaching the junior kids and grading makes the kids learn more.

1 2 3