Kumon Employee Reviews

Kumon Learning Center
Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2017
I started each day with organizing the lessons for each student. I then would set up classroom/daily supplies. We were there to help the students work independently, so most of our time was spent in assisting them rather than telling them the answer. Which in turn allowed students to become self-sufficient and work independently within a timely manner. We would rotate students every 30 minutes to an hour and then grade and issued planned homework from their folders to take home.
Great environment and fun to work!
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLNovember 18, 2017
Kumon is great! The employees are very nice and helpful. The only think that is an issue is the hours but you can get a raise if you work for it. If you're good at talking to kids and you have a lot of patience then this is a good job for you.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
minimal hours
Working with the younger population in Reading and Math
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, FLNovember 15, 2017
I learned patience that I already had but put into practice since working with the younger students. It was a challenge and one that I thought was the best part of the job.
Pros
Getting to know the personalities of the children and enjoying teaching them
Cons
N/a
Understanding and encouraging place to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 14, 2017
I loved working here. Management and students were awesome! I never had a dull or bad time while I worked there. I would still be working there if I didn't move to a new city. Great place!
Pros
Easy. Great students. Understanding management.
Cons
Not a lot of breaks.
quick-paced, but fun workplace
Tutor/Grader (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJNovember 12, 2017
I loved working at kumon and interacting with the kids and their parents. Because of kumon my communication skill have gotten better. The management was fantastic, I just did not get paid enough. I overall loved working at kumon, but it just did not offer the experience I need in my field of work.
Pros
good management, good hours
Cons
low salary
Good Place to work
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTNovember 10, 2017
As a tutor, I would expect to make more than minimum wage, places like the Princeton review pay $25 / hour, here they pay minimum wage or maybe a little more
kids kids kids
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 10, 2017
If you don't like kids or not good with them do not work here you need to have patience because you will need to help them understand the work . I learned how to be a good listener .
positive work environment, productive
Assistant Manager, Primary Instructor, Grader (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORNovember 10, 2017
All members at the facility is generous and are willing to help out students and even help you improve to advance in the facility and aid one another. Very mellow and not too strenuous even when a wave of student and parents come in to inquire information about the program because each person has an assigned position that they specialize in or take over in order to put the work environment constantly at ease and pleasant to work in.
Math and reading center
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARNovember 8, 2017
I have worked at Kumon for a few months and overall it has been a dent work experience. I have been a private tutor for 5 yrs and I thought this was a natural progression. I have had many differences of opinions with the manager but the fellow employees have been a pleasure.
Pros
Fellow Employees and Hours
Cons
Supervisors
Kumon
Field Consultant/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2017
A great place to work as long as you're doing it for the right reasons. Not going to make you a millionaire, but you will be helping kids. An above average amount of travel, but the corporate culture is good and they compensate you well.
Most amazing first job
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, TXNovember 7, 2017
This was the first job I ever had. Working there helped develop me into the motivated individual I am. The owner of the center I worked for helped inspire me to work hard for everything I want in life.
work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 29, 2017
Kumon is for someone who likes quit and peace and to not move so much because you're basically in the same seat all day at work. You don't really have time to get to know your coworkers because its super quit in there most of the time.
Excellent place to work
Assistant Manager/ Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fresh Meadows, NYOctober 26, 2017
Kumon has to be the best place I've worked for for 7 years. Loved the atmosphere and what they stood for. Working with kids is a passion of mine and I took this job very seriously. I enjoyed working here, but after 7yrs I had to leave. This place is not considered to be full-time so I couldn't stay. Nonetheless, I loved Kumon and I will cherish the time I had there.
Great Environment
Math and Reading Tutor (Current Employee) –  Franklin Park, NJOctober 22, 2017
I love the place and all the staff members. Also, the students are just amazing. It is something I would recommend to someone who needs a part-time job and something to do on the side.
Good first time job
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLOctober 21, 2017
Good for upperclassmen High schoolers or college students looking for a few hours in the afternoons and evenings. while it's quite the fast-pace environment it rarely feels overwhelming and is truly a pretty rewarding first job.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Pay is minimum
Fun
Chief Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXOctober 17, 2017
Colleagues are very nice. Everyone is treated at the same level, with some exceptions. Must work consistently to be done with everything by the end of the day.
Pros
can take off frequently
Cons
low salary
Easy to learn, kids were fun to be around
Academic Coach (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAOctober 16, 2017
Sometimes hurt my back to be sitting for long periods of timeout overall a good work experience because I worked with children of all ages and it helped to increase my knowledge of math
Pros
worked with my schedule
Cons
no breaks, barely any hours
A call center with a lot of other responsibilities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYOctober 11, 2017
This is a call center, but also includes a lot of other responsibilities. When I started there, it was primarily data entry, & date verification. About 5 years ago the department also took on call center duties. At times when the phones are busy it can be incredibly stressful. There are also times (certain days, & certain months) where it's much busy, & much more relaxed. If you like call center work, this one is pretty good. The department serves multiple duties, so there is some call variety.

Leads & managers can be a bit hit or miss. In some areas they're very good (like schedule flexibility), but at times they seem very disorganized & they don't all seem to know what's going on.

The benefits are excellent! The health insurance is great, & you're vested in the company after just 3 years.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Understaffed
Teacher's Assistant
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin Park, NJOctober 10, 2017
Help kids with their packets and arrange and conduct parent-teacher conferences. Great coworkers and boss! Hardest part was dealing with kids who were rowdy and never did their work.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Salary
teamwork and brainstorming
Instructor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAOctober 9, 2017
Working with Kumon is Super Great. Employees have a common sense what they gonna do if the center is busy. They help each other. Managers listen to the employees very well for the good of their students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2