KUMON

KUMON Employer Reviews

Pretty productive
Grader (Current Employee), Eugene, ORJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: got to work with math.
Cons: long hours of sitting
I would work with the kids who needed help and would also grade their work. I was fun over all. I would get into work around noon until 6ish. The hardest part was sitting for really long durations. Having company by my co-workers was always fun. The must enjoyable part was grading the math!
Productive Wrokplace
Teacher/Grader (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAJanuary 9, 2015
As a grader and teacher at Kumon, I assist students with their Kumon specific classwork and homework. I grade and keep track of all the work that they bring in and complete. If students need extra tutoring on math or reading questions, I provide them with the assistance needed. At this job, I learned how to multi-task with accuracy since all the grading must be finished in the three hours I am there. Therefore, helping students with questions and simultaneously grading and mentally being aware of the work that needed to be done was a skill I have acquired.
Great part-time job while in school
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 27, 2014
I pulled worksheets to set folders for students. I graded worksheets, helped students, worked with young students. Students ranged from three to sixteen. I also entered the data from the students worksheets into the computer for instructors to easily see how the student was doing to plan for the next week.
Experience at Kumon
Recorder (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: great environment with children, enjoyed interactions.
Excellent work environment
Managers were completely able to assist with my school schedule when needed.
Organized and positive working area.
The hardest part of my job would be when there would be a backup of students at one time, but this problem was later resolved by initiating appointment times.
The easiest part would be the computer input methods and I felt I was able to efficiently able to complete my duties.
A productive workplace
Tutor (Former Employee), Saratoga, CASeptember 24, 2014
A typical day at work included grading papers and teaching students basic reading, writing and math. I learned how to be clear and concise with my directions and how to deal with children. The hardest part of the job was the inconsistent hours.
very good place to work and learn
Tutor/Teacher (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: just a few hours tos work
I have been working for almost 5 years in Kumon and it is a really good place to work and learn.
Great Owner with a great attitude
Tutor (Former Employee), Encino, CAAugust 7, 2014
Each day was fairly predictable. Kids would sit at the tables and they would give us their homework for the tutors to grade. This was easy, but tedious. The students were all well behaved and did their work diligently.
Great tutoring center
Tutor (Former Employee), Canton, MIJuly 30, 2014
Pros: positive atmosphere
Cons: not for the child-phobic
As a patron of Kumon myself in 2004-2006, I feel a responsibility to recommend this place; it's wonderful for getting your kids ahead of the game in school. Many of the students were far ahead of grade level, even finishing Algebra at the start of middle school. There was quite an intricate reward system in place, very representative of real-life learning
Working in Kumon
Math Tutor/Teacher (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIJuly 24, 2014
It was a fun place to work. There was not much teaching but lot of correction. The kids had to work independent. Everything is organized. Its a franchised. I learnt math and reading while dealing with the kids.
Productive place to work good for people who like children
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee), Dale City, VAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: working with children and not too many hours
Cons: not enough pay.
Its a good job for someone who isn't looking to make too much money.
Typical Kumon
Assistant Tutor (Former Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJJuly 9, 2014
Great experience. Gained leadership skills Learned how to work with children and their parents.
Productive and safe learning enviroment
Grader/ Teacher (Current Employee), Stratford, CTJuly 5, 2014
Pros: i get to help children better their education
The instructors are attentive to your kid's needs, and students are given daily worksheets to complete on their own time to strengthen their math and reading skills, but also to help them become more self-reliant workers. I recommend it to any parent whose child is struggling in school, trying to advance beyond his or her grade level, or simply needs some structured learning time.
Great place to work if you enjoy working with children
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Ellicott City, MDJune 2, 2014
A fast paced job at most times since it involves working with children. That also keeps the job interesting because there is a lot of communication involved. I enjoyed working with children a lot.
Provided Reading and Math Tutoring
Tutor/Grader (Former Employee), East Setauket, NYMay 28, 2014
• Provided mathematics and reading comprehension instruction to children K-12.
Busy and often watched closely
General Employee (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILMay 27, 2014
Pros: building relationships with the kids and co-workers.
Cons: poor management that took advantage of employees, not enough hours, a lot of poor orginization that resulted in more & unnecessary work.
The most enjoyable experience was the ability to put all of my skills to the test. The test of my capabilities is far by the most challenging part of life and I live to complete these obstacles. Also enjoyable was the relationships built with the kids I tutored and my co-workers, who I still talk to today. The hardest part of the job was trying to get past the difficulties with the management, because I worked for a franchise with 2 people as managers there was often miscommunication and disorganization that lead to poor efficiency. However, I learned that communication and team work is a large part of the working field and is necessary to understand your task and others. I also learned to stay on task and support/guide others around me. My work day was 3 hours and consisted of me working at the front desk for a large amount of time, answering the phone and helping parents/kids. I also entered data into the computer at the end of the day, and refiled boxes and worksheets during my free time.
Good luck with supervisors.
Tutor (Former Employee), Streamwood, ILMay 19, 2014
Pros: time with the kids, easy material
Cons: supervisor, monthly check not by 2 week intervals.
The workplace really depends on the supervisor. I for one had an uptight supervisor that wanted too much from the workers. It came to the point where it was unreasonable and the pace was also unreasonable. However it is the pleasure of teaching and tutoring the children that had me stay for the time that I did.
Fun place to work,keeping me busy.
Data Entry MANAGER (Current Employee), Framingham, MAMay 5, 2014
Kumon is fun place to work. I work part time Monday, Thursday, Saturday.
I loved working with children.
Directors Assistant (Former Employee), Crystal, MNMay 2, 2014
Checking kids in and getting them their homework for the week and the work they will do in class that day, help them if they need it, corrected the homework they brought in.
The management was very helpful and encouraging.
Working with the children.
Productive teaching children
Tutor (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAApril 28, 2014
Dealt with kids most of the time and taught them basic math and English.
Grading papers as a tutor
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 16, 2014
Come in to work and grade the homework that the students had for the week. Also inputting of the grades into the Kumon data base.

1 2 3 4 5