Kuni Automotive Employee Reviews

Need to take care of Staff like they do customers
Sales (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 15, 2017
If you're a customer, its a great place to buy and service. The staff are very underpaid by industry standards and expected to do double to triple the work load of the average person in automotive. Unless you are the GM, you will not make a fair wage. You will not be appreciated, developed, or recognized at all. They don't teach, train or develop their people. They look out side to promote and not within. If you are successful, you're a victim of your success.
Pros
Location, beautiful store.
Cons
Pay, work load, lack of training and development. They look out side to promote.
Just not a good business
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacrament caAugust 4, 2017
Great to buy cars from but terrible to work for it just is not a inviorment for woman to work ... it is a very sexest inviorment and the don't mind being rude to women
Okay, but not worth the pay
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 17, 2017
Way too much information to retain for only making as much as I do. I've been paid higher hourly wages for doing less stressful work. It would be much better if we were paid more.
Office offers ameneties such as exercise equipment to use at desks, gym subsidies, and we have a ping pong table, but almost complete lack of interest
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 29, 2017
The office offers items for employees to use, but there is no interest to use them. Too much priority on finishing the job and stress is high at month. Expect to stay overtime and worklife balance is off for different departments. High turnover rate in certain departments and lack of opportunities for advancment in certain positions. The individual people within the organization are great though!
Pros
Subsidized healthy lunches twice a month. Holiday potlucks. Understanding and approachable managers
Cons
Healthcare is expensive, underpaid, no where to grow
Shop Assistant
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2017
Working for Kuni Automotive was has it ups and downs. Kuni was great in the beginning but they just do not offer enough employee support. For me, it just didn't fit what I was looking for.
Busy big box store
Used Car Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 27, 2017
I am not sure about the culture now as Kuni Foundation sold out recently, but at that time very honest, integrity filled environment. Would recommend if they still practice that type of culture.
Pros
Newly remodled.
Cons
Pay plan was a little light
My review reflecting almost 5 years of employment unfortunately decreased over time
Service Director/Fixed Operations (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 22, 2017
I enjoyed working with my team and exceeding my client's expectations, while working under very difficult situations. For example: Moving into a new facility which created it's own set of obstacles. Such as; lack of space to stage client vehicles for repairs, park completed vehicles after repairs. This was primarily due to a large increase of new and used sales inventory. The increase from sales inventory caused an overall 50% reduction with workable shop space, and necessary service/repair equipment. Malfunctioning equipment, many repeated facility issues that received delayed and/or ineffective repairs, causing delays and reduced production opportunities.

I enjoyed working with my peers, co-workers, clients, and vendors while performing at our most optimum levels, with consideration to the above challenges.

Upper Management seemed to have their hands tied, as I was often told. This made it more of a challenge to communicate my needs which ultimately lead to my departure.

The hardest part of the job at Kuni, was the enormous amount of efforts needed to maintain high CSI but much more importantly, ESI. I am proud of my efforts to never allow the above mentioned obstacles interfere with how I managed the department. We had some great months, both financially and with CSI/customer retention. I am disappointed that we were forced to face substandard support for our efforts and our opportunities as a service provider.
Pros
People
Cons
production related support, communication.
there cool
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJanuary 18, 2017
its cool here i would recommend working here if you can get the job. I like the service manager kelly he is really cool. I only left because I had to move to another state.
Pros
its nice
Cons
its busy
The All Time Low of Anyone's Career
Product Presenter (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 10, 2017
I never in my lifetime have seen such high turnover in any workplace. Management finds a new carrot to wave in front of your face every month. They say that they are a Costco Dealership but they don't want any of the customers to know. The used cars are supposed to the most competitive on the market! I was ashamed to show them to anyone I knew.
I know that the tech's are overwhelmed with customers vehicles, but most of the used cars have been past over on work and crucial parts needed to be a safe car.
More importantly, this is the last place anyone would want to work at on any holidays. Sales staff is short -handed and you work like a "dog" with NO breaks. I find an excuse to use the bathroom. We see management eating BBQ outside while we are forced to keep working with no food. If you want to work in a prison environment, this job is for you!
BTW - when I was interviewed, they said "what is your goal? How much do you want to make here?" I said $80,000.00! They started laughing, "you're extremely lucky if you walk away with $40K!!"
Pros
Free lunch on Saturday but you have 5 minutes.
Cons
A Management staff that act's like Putin & behaves like five year olds.
Training fully equips you for the job
SALES CONSULTANT / MANAGEMENT TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 7, 2016
Like many auto sales positions, the pay structure is always changing, but never quite enough to satisfy you. If you're single and not responsible for a family the pay is okay, but it's not enough to meet your needs if you have a family. The training program is excellent and equips you to be successful in auto sales. Of course the hours are not favorable, but that comes with the job. Overall, I felt it contributed to my career, but it's not a place to hang out.
Pros
Training
Cons
Hours, low pay structure
Don't go to work there... they over promise, under deliver
Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee) –  Kuni GarageApril 6, 2016
I have nothing positive to say... Poor management, awful benefits, no work life balance.

There is little opportunity for advancement. The AP position reads like it will have variety and challenges but you will be nothing more than a data processing clerk.

The training is poor.. I was trained by someone who had been there 1 week. No documentation.

I voiced my concerns about the unprofessional things happening to HR.. a month later I was fired.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Poor Pay and Unprofessional Environment.
Hard work for hard workers.
Wash-bay Attendent (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 4, 2016
Working in the Wash-bay at KUNI BMW is hard work. But if you keep at it, you can steadily move up the ranks.
There have been people who started in the Wash-bay and moved all the way up to Service Advisor.
So there are plenty of opportunities for advancement if your willing to put in the work and the time.

A typical day includes washing, vacuuming, and drying customer cars after they've been repaired by the Technicians.
You clean the car as if it was your car.

The most difficult part is cleaning the cars as best as you can while still keeping up with the work pace, which is almost always a constant rush.

The management is the biggest negative. Sometimes there is only a small amount of people working at a given time, making it very difficult to do your job. Especially when your extremely short staffed.

But if you can push past that and prove that you're a hard worker, many opportunities await you.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Health care, Management
Service writter
Service writer (Former Employee) –  Greenwood villageSeptember 16, 2015
Unless you have your own customer to bring with you it is hard to make money. The service drive concierge feeds the high dollar tickets to their favorite advisors, never the new people. You can write 18 plus tickets a day and sometimes it's all 5k appointments so you make less than $100. If you've ever written service anywhere, you know that writing 18 tickets plus a day can bring a lot of stress to the table. Not worth the little bit of money they promise. They don't have an effective way to communicate with the technicians, your constantly running around to get things taken care of, wether it's telling the tech about up sells, getting part quotes or washing a car. The amount you are away from you desk hinders your pay from not being able to write up new people coming in the door. Long days, and rotating weekends makes it feel like you never have any free time for family or friends.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Lack of communication, long hours, low pay
Review
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 15, 2015
A typical day at my office includes creating new guest files, answering phones and doing what we can to help the guest in whatever situation they may need. There is daily filing and A/R that is done or followed up on. I enjoy the people I work with and the over all environment.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 16, 2015
enjoy working with the company
introducing a great deal of change without much consideration for the business
people are wornderful
Pros
beautiful dealerships
Cons
you work all the time
Soul crushing
Director of IT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 8, 2015
They plow through professionals like they're sod. They offer 2 days for sick time a year. Awful place. They are broken into 20+ different corporate entities, so good luck trying to track down anything.
Pros
Cons
bad management, bad benefits, bad attitudes
Great customer service learning experience.
Service Concierge (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 20, 2015
I worked for Kuni Lexus for 8 months, and I absolutely loved it. The co workers were hard working and determined. The managers were understanding and helpful. And the customers were the main focus of it all. The hardest part was, I became the manager of the Service Drive in the last month I was there, and it taught me a lot of how to be a manager. The most enjoyable part was, greeting the customers. They were always very friendly and compassionate towards the people they knew well at Lexus.
Pros
Free lunches on Saturdays, learning experience and benefits.
Cons
Lack of employees.
Wonderful Place to work
F&I Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 7, 2014
My time at Kuni Lexus of Portland was absolutely wonderful. From the management down to the staff were all top notch. I was very sad to leave this company. If I could bring the whole dealership to Florida, I would. Very Professional environment.
Pros
The company took very good care of their staff
Cons
Typical car business cons.
Great Company
Payroll Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 22, 2014
Great company and great values. Company Benefits are awesome.
a lot of hours.
Excellent place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 8, 2014
I would recommend this place to work. The building is very nice, free lunch is provided once a month. The building has ping pong table and games. Strong tie to the community and the company makes significant efforts to "give back." Provides paid time off to allow employees to volunteer (i.e. food bank, big brothers/big sisters, etc.)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kuni Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8